• Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 16,250 Thanks
  • 8,966 posts

Posted April 24, 2017 - 03:12 PM

And today

253a7c92e63f29a7867c67963fb10e65.jpg

Since I don't have gills, I watched tv.

Edited by UncleWillie, April 24, 2017 - 03:13 PM.

• MH81, Craig., KennyP and 2 others have said thanks

#4637 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 16,250 Thanks
  • 8,966 posts

Posted April 25, 2017 - 02:56 PM

This morning I put Heath on the bus and made a decision about the day's work.

soggy.jpg

Tomorrow is another day. My arthritis is not happy.

• olcowhand, Craig., KennyP and 2 others have said thanks

#4638 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 40,843 Thanks
  • 47,077 posts

Posted April 25, 2017 - 05:06 PM

This weather has me aching one day and fine the next! I'm ready for the warm to come back!

• Craig. and 29 Chev have said thanks

#4639 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 16,250 Thanks
  • 8,966 posts

Posted April 25, 2017 - 07:15 PM

This weather has me aching one day and fine the next! I'm ready for the warm to come back!

Yeah. I was afraid that I would crawl under the truck, not be able to get back out, be sucked into the ooze and be discovered in 500 years by an archaeologist.

• olcowhand, Craig., KennyP and 2 others have said thanks

#4640 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• Member No: 1842
  • 1,187 Thanks
  • 936 posts

Posted April 26, 2017 - 01:08 PM

Yeah. I was afraid that I would crawl under the truck, not be able to get back out, be sucked into the ooze and be discovered in 500 years by an archaeologist.

lol  :bigrofl:

Edited by Craig., April 26, 2017 - 01:08 PM.

• oldedeeres said thank you

#4641 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 16,250 Thanks
  • 8,966 posts

Posted April 26, 2017 - 05:43 PM

I had plans of getting more done today. 

This morning I groggily got up and put Heath on the bus. I did get the tag number of the Jeep that keeps passing the bus and relayed that on to the driver. Then I shuffled back in the house. 

I did not sleep all that well last night. My back was hurting. 

I came back in and sat on the bed to put in my contacts. Next thing I knew it was noon. Geez. 

I guess I really was tired. 

sleepy-guy-with-coffee.jpg

There were things that had to be done so I told Emily to get Heath off the bus and headed off to do things. 

First I ran down to Harbor Freight and got another tire for my hand truck. Then I put an address in my GPS and headed down to get a load of scrap. 

The GPS took me a weird back way ( which was probably a good thing since people in Gastonia had forgotten how to drive ) and after a bit things started to look familiar. Sure enough it brought me to a house I have picked up many many loads of scrap from. He is a real nice Vietnamese guy. He had lost my card and just called the first guy he found on Craigslist. 

Once he was loaded up I pointed BettyBlue towards the house. 

I stopped at a gas station in SC that had cheap gas. Good chance to fill up.

Back home I dropped off the little trailer in the back yard, then Heath came out to help me put the brake controller in BB. 

It was a bit challenging because I seem to be less flexible as I get older. 

Steph got home in time to help run the wiring to the back of the truck. We had to run one wire for the brakes and a second to charge the dump trailer battery. 

When that was done she backed it over to the trailer and we hooked it up. For some reason I have no lignts on the passengers side of the truck or trailer. I need to figure out what is wrong. I was too tired of crawling in and out from under the truck to mess with it today. 

Then we made a spot to park the trailer next to Steph's building. I moved a derelict GT then used the Ford to push some bushes out of the way. I needed a place to park it near power. It has a built in trickle charger so when it is going to sit a while I can plug it in to keep it ready to work. 

I mowed the spot then parked the trailer. Steph chocked the tires and I unhooked it from the truck. 

I parked the Ford (Gertrude, remember) and when I stepped off it felt like someone shot me in the back. 

I managed to get BettyBlue parked in the front yard then staggered in the house and took a hot shower.  

I just realized I didn't park the Ransomes back under the carport. Since it has a open vent on the hydraulic tank it needs to be under shelter. Steph is going out to try parking it. If I hear any loud crashes I will know what happened. 

• Gtractor, MH81, Craig. and 2 others have said thanks

#4642 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 16,250 Thanks
  • 8,966 posts

Posted April 27, 2017 - 05:37 PM

Some days you're the windshield.....

This morning I got up, put Heath on the bus, and got going. 

dangit1.jpg

I had to go to Fort Mill to get two vehicles. I told them I would be there for the first one at 9.

First I unloaded BettyBlue, hooked up to the dolly, and headed out. I stopped at Autozone to get a bulb for the tail lights.

When I pulled the bulb out of the circuit board the board fell apart. So I got a new board. With that fixed I hit the road.

I got to the house and found one of the vehicles, a 2002 S10, in pieces in the yard. No getting that one. They had a 96 Camaro that they wanted gone. Unfortunately, no one knew where the keys were. So I had to get medieval and remove the cylinder. 

With no one to help me I unhooked and chocked the dolly. put a strap on the car, and pulled. Things went great - until they didn't. 

The danged car came over the first hump on the dolly, stopped in the cradle, then somehow it rolled forward and over the front. \

I tried several different things to get it up and finally l decided I needed a bigger jack. 

So I went to Harbor Freight and bought one. Then back to it.

dangit.jpg

I got the spare tire for the dolly under one tire and a steel rim under the other one. Then I hooked up to the back of the Camaro and pulled it back on the dolly. 

I fully expected it to roll off. It didn't. It stopped perfectly in the cradle. 

I put the straps on and found that I didn't have my wrench to tighten them with. I found a big crescent wrench and got it done. 

Once I had it strapped I headed home. 

Since they have got to reassemble the S10 before I will go get it I had time to work here. I decided to mow. 

I fired up the Ransome (which had a name today - but I can't say it here) and mowed one lap around the yard.

IN the back yard by the dog pen there was a wooden panel off of a hot tub that Steph brought home to do something with. It had a long piece of romex hanging off it. I have told her a million times to cut it off. She didn't. It got up in the blades and broke one blade belt and took a 4 inch chunk out of the other. 

I pulled over to the shop to work on it. Right off the bat I had a problem. My half inch drive drawer was not in the shop. I looked for it everywhere and had to admit defeat. I unhooked the tow dolly and pulled BB down where I could use the tools in her. 

I soon found out why the xt3101 is not a popular machine. It is horrible to work on. It took me almost an hour to get the belts off. 

Then I went up to TSC. They had the one smaller belt, but the big one was a no go. I tried every belt in the store and found nothing. So I went to NAPA. We measured the big one and it came to 128 3/4. They guy would not pull the belt (it was broken in half.) tight so i didn't think he was right on that. It was a moot point since they didn't have one. 

A guy in the store said to try Carolina Roller Supply. So I did. They measured it and got 130 inches. They had one belt. I came home with it. 

It was trying to rain, but I was determined to get the belts on. 

It took a minute for figure out how the big belt went on. Once that was done I went to the other one. It took me an hour to get it on. 

Then the battery was dead. I hooked up the charger and came in for a bit. 

When Steph got home I went back out and tried to start it. It still wouldn't crank. Then it did. I have no idea what its problem was. 

All of the missing tools, however, were in the back of Christine. I have no idea why Steph put them there.

I pulled out of the work area and engaged the blades. It instantly shredded the little belt. Dangit. I don't know what I did wrong, but tomorrow I get to do it all again. 

Edited by UncleWillie, April 27, 2017 - 05:43 PM.

• olcowhand, Gtractor, MH81 and 1 other said thanks

#4643 lrhredjb OFFLINE  

lrhredjb

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3984
  • 871 Thanks
  • 650 posts

Posted April 27, 2017 - 07:10 PM

Lots of people read books, me, I like Uncle Willies stories because lots of them have happened to me. :wave:

• MH81, Craig. and oldedeeres have said thanks

#4644 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 16,250 Thanks
  • 8,966 posts

Posted April 28, 2017 - 08:28 PM

Busy busy.

This morning Heath actually ran to the bus. I was dragging along behind to buckle him in. 

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAVEAAAAJDMxMWYyN2M0LTcxZGUt

Then I pulled BettyBlue around to the burn barrel and unloaded all the cardboard that had found its way to the bed. Then it burst into flames. I am not sure how that always happens. I blame aliens. 

Sam was coming up to work so I went back in to have more coffee and wait on him. I sent him a text asking what time he would be here. About a hour later he said at noon. 

At 10 I went out and cut the catalytic converter off the nasty Camaro. Then I went back inside. 

At 1130 I asked Sam when he would be here. He said he was still at the eye doctor. I decided to head on to the scrap yard and get the car unloaded. 

I got about 3 miles when he sent me a text that he was on the way. I told him to go to the scrap yard. 

We got the Crudmaro unloaded and brought the tires and wheel back with us.

We got back to the house and dropped his van off then had to go get a Mazda Protege. It made the Crudmaro look pristine. 

Once that was loaded we went off in search of Carolina Roller Supply. 

Somehow I managed to cross over Main Street in Lincolnton without ever seeing it. We finally found the place. 

We got another belt and headed back. 

After about 30 minutes of tinkering we found the belt was about a half inch too short. So we headed back to Lincolnton. 

The gal who waited on us was a secretary not a counter worker. Guess I shouldn't show up at lunch time. This time, however, the counter guy was there. He found us an exact match. 

So we headed home again.

Heath had gotten home and was outside to help.

An hour later we had it installed and adjusted. I probably should have replaced the hydro belt, but it looked like I had to take the mower down to its basic elements and then re-form the steel to get it done. I elected to wait till it broke. 

After a quick blade sharpening I took it for a test run around the super tall grass. It worked. 

Then we put the covers back on the belts. 

I let Sam drive the mower around. He thinks it will be easy to operate. LOL. We will see. 

Steph got home as we were picking up tools. 

I came in, drenched in sweat, and fell out on the living room floor. 

While texting Jared I accidentally video called him. I had no idea my phone did that. We had a good talk. And by we I mean everyone in the house - including the dogs. 

Once I stopped sweating I headed for the shower. 

Dressed in fresh clean clothes we headed out to eat. 

We went down to the Parkhouse. When we got there the parking lot was full. I was a bit worried about how long we would have to wait. 

We got inside and the place was nearly empty. We were wondering if everyone there drove separately. When the waitress got there she said if we ordered quickly we would beat the 70 people in the back room who were just starting to place their orders. I am glad she told us. 

After we were all stuffed we left. Steph, Heath, and I headed home. Emily and Sam went to Walmart. 

After letting Gunner and Carmel run around a while I was done. 

Steph went to the store with Heath. I got to lay in bed all by myself for a little while. 

• olcowhand, Gtractor, MH81 and 3 others have said thanks

#4645 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 16,250 Thanks
  • 8,966 posts

Posted April 29, 2017 - 06:15 PM

Long hard day. We worked outside. I taught Sam to drive the tractor. Steph helped. I am tired. Steph is sunburned. Sam in hungry - again. Heath is still outside playing. I wish I had half his energy.

coffee-cant-fix-this-kind-of-tired.jpg

• Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#4646 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 10,844 Thanks
  • 6,340 posts

Posted April 29, 2017 - 09:41 PM

I wish I would of taken it easier when I was a kid. I used up my energy reserves too fast.
  • Craig. said thank you

#4647 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 16,250 Thanks
  • 8,966 posts

Posted May 01, 2017 - 03:32 PM

And now for the weekend roundup.

6506_grande.jpg?v=1463867424

Saturday Sam came back and we got more things done. Steph helped.

I wanted to get everything that has accumulated around the shop cleaned up and the jungle mowed. 

I taught Sam to drive the tractor. He was a bit terrified of it at first. But once he had been on it for about an hour he was doing good. 

We were still at it around 1 so I ordered pizza. I was starting to cramp up and needed it. My doctor can't even tell me why it helps. 

Steph wanted some holes drilled in a couple of buckets so she can plant something in them. I found a good bit and turned Heath loose. 

Sam helped him at first.

IMG_20170429_1341121.jpg

Then he figured out that if he put all his weight on it he could do it himself. He would be up on his toes before the bit went thought. He was very proud of himself. 

When we tried to start the string mower the recoil broke. Steph got out the cordless trimmer and whacked down the area around the tractor stand. 

That night even Carmel was tired. 

IMG_20170429_0049381.jpg

My baby is getting old. 

Sunday I didn't do a thing. I didn't even answer my phone. 

This morning I got Heath on the bus. Then did I came back inside to wait for a scrap yard to open. 

When it did I called them. Someone had told me that a yard that had closed had reopened and was paying more for cars. They weren't. 

Just as I got off the phone with them I saw Tim's truck pull in the yard. He came in with is computer. He knows nothing about them and could not figure out how to make it how what he wanted it to do with his email. I showed him. We talked a while then he headed home. I kept his computer to put antivirus software on it. 

When it was done I headed to his house. 

I got his trailer because the Ransomes won't fit on mine. Once I had it loaded I moseyed on down to Buddy's house. 

Buddy's grass was waist high. He didn't tell me his mower was broken until last night. 

While I was bushhogging his yard I thought of a name for the Ransomes. She is now named Delilah. She is only good for taking some off the top. LOL

Once that was mowed down I grabbed the jumper cables and took Delilah over to his mower. It started then immediately died. Then it started again and died. 

The fuel filter was completely black. It isn't one that I put on there because I have never seen one like it before. Fortunately I had one in the truck. 

It started up and ran pretty good, but the blades would not engage. 

Since it was threatening to rain I decided to bring it home with me. I got it almost up the steep ramp then it died. Starved for gasoline on the incline. I had to pick it up to get it on. 

IMG_20170501_1431191.jpg

They fit snugly on the trailer. 

I got home and pulled the mowers off the trailer. His does not have a release for the hydro trans. It is the one that I could not get to release. I had to pick up the rear end to get it off the trailer because it would not restart. The battery was dead. 

Heath got home, Emily got him off the bus. 

I put Delilah to bed then got the 242 and the mobile crane to move his mower. 

Once I had it around back I lifted it way up with the crane.

After some tinkering I found that the pulley that is supposed to  move to engage the blades was frozen.

I pulled it apart and greased it up. It works perfect. 

Once I had his battery out and in the bed of BettyBlue I came in. 

Heath has discovered Legos. He is building a helicopter. He is extremely proud of it.

IMG_20170501_1554401.jpg

IMG_20170501_1554511.jpg

IMG_20170501_1555021.jpg

• olcowhand, Gtractor, MH81 and 3 others have said thanks

#4648 camdigger OFFLINE  

camdigger
  • Member No: 70250
  • 811 Thanks
  • 276 posts

Posted May 01, 2017 - 09:26 PM

Heath has discovered Lego, so you can say goodbye to going barefoot in the house. Especially with the lights out.
  • MH81, Alc, UncleWillie and 1 other said thanks

#4649 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• Member No: 1842
  • 1,187 Thanks
  • 936 posts

Posted May 02, 2017 - 08:24 PM

Heath has discovered Lego, so you can say goodbye to going barefoot in the house. Especially with the lights out.

:bigrofl: 

• Greasy6020 said thank you

#4650 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 16,250 Thanks
  • 8,966 posts

Posted May 02, 2017 - 08:58 PM

Today, I ran, and ran....

images.jpg

This morning I put Heath on the bus then had some coffee to get fired up. 

At 915 I was at the scrap yard to unload the Protege and get far too little money for it. 

Then I headed up top Lincolnton to get a Kia Optima. 

Once I had that loaded I came home to drop it off. 

I got to have another cup of coffee in my recliner then I had to head down to Tim's house. 

I had his trailer and he needed to go pick up some machines from Ace hardware that needed repair. So we did. They had two rental tillers and a Tamper that needed work. We dropped them off at Tim's house then I headed home. 

I dropped off his trailer and hooked up to my little one. 

Then I headed off to Weddington. It was a good thing I had plenty of time because there were several wrecks. 

First a UPS truck lost its axle on 85. Somehow a van was involved. I am not sure what actually transpired. A cop was on scene. However, instead of sitting with his blue lights on he was just sitting in a travel lane with no lights at all. Not even his hazards. Everyone managed to get around it. 

On another section there was a car with a flat that for some reason everyone had to slow down and look at. 

I got the load I was after and headed home. 

Before I could get back to the interstate I came across one of those snazzy "military grade" aluminum Furds. It had been hit by a small sedan and it appeared that the tailgate was up in the cab. It crumpled like a beer can. 

We got around that and I got on I485 and headed on in. I didn't get to I85 before traffic came to a screeching halt. I got off on Arrowood rd and Skirted around it till I got to Billy Graham. 

Billy Graham became a parking lot right at the airport. I slid through the airport and hit 85 at Little Rock. 

I got all the way to Cox Rd before it became a parking lot again. I got off and made my way around another back road. 

It was 5:58 when I got home. 

I unhooked the trailer, and pulled the truck around front. Then I ran in and showered and put on good clothes. 

At 607 I was in the truck and we were headed down to Shelby to meet with Becca. We had not been able to see her since her husband died. 

We got there at 639. Were 9 minutes late. She was running late too so it was all good. We went in and got a table and waited. 

When she showed up she looked tired and frail. I felt so bad for her. 

We had aa good time. Heath had fun with her10 year old daughter Natalie. They drew on the children's menus and acted silly. Kids are so resilient. 

We got back home at 830.  

I am beat. 

Tomorrow is another day....

• olcowhand, DougT, Gtractor and 3 others have said thanks