• Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 41,052 Thanks
  • 31,392 posts

Posted March 14, 2017 - 09:33 PM

Is that Garlic Chicken??   Looks sooooo gooood!

• Craig. said thank you

#4547 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 15,660 Thanks
  • 8,758 posts

Posted March 14, 2017 - 09:54 PM

Is that Garlic Chicken??   Looks sooooo gooood!

http://www.genghisgrill.com/

• Craig. and oldedeeres have said thanks

#4548 oldedeeres ONLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 9,450 Thanks
  • 4,749 posts

Posted March 15, 2017 - 01:11 AM

Sounds like my kind of place!

• Craig. said thank you

#4549 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 38,242 Thanks
  • 45,869 posts

Posted March 15, 2017 - 04:43 AM

That does look good!

• Craig. said thank you

#4550 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 15,660 Thanks
  • 8,758 posts

Posted March 15, 2017 - 08:14 PM

One step forward, one step left, three steps south, swing your partner.... wait what are we doing again?

This morning I had two things to do today. Check the transmission oil in BettyBlue and take Buddy to get a truck. 

Steph left for work and I was dozing waiting for my alarm to go off at 655. I didn't make it that long. 

At 634 the phone rang. Christine had died. I threw on some clothes, got Emily up, tossed the tow bar in the back of BettyBlue and headed out. Steph called work and told them she would be late. 

At 645 I was hooked to her truck. At 655 I dropped her off at the door. She was right on time. She was glad that I make her leave 20 minutes early.

Then I headed home. 

alt1.jpg

e5de5782091575210a812aec2f20f972.jpg

I had to wait for BB to cool down and for AutoZone to open so I watched some TV.

At 830 I called and found the alternator was under warranty. Then I went out and checked BBs transmission. It has oil. It also has lots of metal in it. Kind of what I was expecting. 

I snatched the alternator out of Christine and ran down to get a new one. I got back and Installed it And she wouldn't start.  I had Emily come out and crank it till I found two things wrong. When it finally started I noticed that the belt was completely slack. I went and got the belt that we could not get to fit no matter how we tried to route it. It went right on. I swear that truck is possessed. 

Then we took it back. On the way I noticed that Emily got further and further behind. I finally stopped and asked her what was wrong. She said the truck would not accelerate up hills. We pulled into a parking lot and I looked at it. It ran just find and the engine revved like it always has. I asked if she was downshifting on the hills. She didn't know what that meant. She taught herself to drive stick. She learned something new today. 

alt.jpg

Since Emily didn't get to go out to eat with us last night and it has been a while since she and I had any one on one time, we went to a Mexican restaurant. We had a good talk. 

We got home and I came in to sit. Then Graham called and said he had some new bullets that needed to be sent into the hill side so I went over. I also wanted to site in my 22 so I grabbed it. Then I couldn't unlock the tool box that has the ammo in it. I sent Steph a text. She said she left them on top of the tool box. So they are probably gone forever. I had a few rounds for it so I went over. 

After we murdered a couple of coffee cans I got a call from Steph. Christine had a dead battery. No one had jumper cables.  I asked Graham if he could take Emily to work. I got back to the house and a customer was there. I told him I had to go jump start Emily and I would be back in 45 minutes. 

Then I got Heath and we left. 

And for the third time today I went to the school. It didn't want to start. It finally did. I hurried home.

We took a battery out of a car and put it in Christine although not easily. It fought. And that battery, that I knew was good, was dead. Christine got pushed around to be put on charge. 

Then the customer bought the Kia Sportage and a set of tires. They got loaded up.We got in the truck and left. 

We dropped of the Kia, but forgot the title. He wanted to come back and look at something else anyway so I went home. 

When we got here Steph tried to start Christine. She started. So Steph shut her off,  disconnected the charger, and left the door open. I have no idea why. If she had not done any one of those it wouldn't have been a problem.

I went to light the burn barrel. I don't know who tossed what in the barrel. But when the flame hit the cardboard there was a huge woosh and the grate on the barrel flew 20 feet in the air. Flaming cardboard went all over. We got that contained then had to go find the grate. 

I went over to Christine and found the door open and the dome light off. Dang it. It wouldn't start. So I got BB and jump started her. Then tossed the jumper cables in the bed. 

Steph had to leave to go to the store so she did. By the time she got to the pharmacy things were working perfectly. About time something went right. 

My brother called and said he had a friend give him a check for about $280. He deposited it. He got a notice from the back that his $65000 deposit had cleared. The ATM malfunctioned and deposited the check over an over. He called his friend and told them. They are super rich and that is pocket change to them so no sweat. The will fix it tomorrow. 

Finally the guy showed up to get the title. He wound up leaving with a lighter wallet and lots of truck parts. 

I came in and fell into bed. I feel like I have been trampled by a herd of pigs wearing golf shoes. Hopefully tomorrow is better. 

• olcowhand, Gtractor, Craig. and 1 other said thanks

#4551 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

HAZMAT CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 13,966 Thanks
  • 9,998 posts

Posted March 15, 2017 - 09:19 PM

Make sure to get the golf shoes off the pigs before bedtime. If they lay down together, the spikes will mess up the loins.
  • Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#4552 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 15,660 Thanks
  • 8,758 posts

Posted March 17, 2017 - 07:50 PM

Not too bad of a day. 

This morning I put Heath on the bus and then sat down for just a minute to let my back stop aching. 

52961-Friday-Coffee.jpg

Unfortunately I started watching a movie. 3 movies later I decided it was time to wander outside. 

I spent some quality time installing my old laptop in the shop.

I needed it up off the tiny desk since the screen didn't work and I hate the keyboard and mousepad setup on it.

comp.jpg

comp1.jpg

I also found that by putting it up there I could hook it to the shop stereo. Now I can blast Chuck Berry.

Heath got home and ran around like a banshee.

I got in touch with a guy who does work on rental property. He had some stuff. So Heath and I hopped in BettyBlue and rode over. 

I came home with a bunch of stuff including these.

fff.jpg

ffff.jpg

There is still a couple of more things to go get, but I didn't have room for them. 

Since I was going to need my trailer tomorrow I had to get it emptied. So I got the yard sale stuff strapped down and hooked the trailer to BettyBlue. Then I retreated to my shop to play with my computer till Steph got home. 

I heard Christine pull in and then about 12 seconds later I heard her leave again. Emily left for work. 

Steph, Heath, and I loaded up and went to Goodwill to unload. I was going to give it to a local thrift store, but they were closed already.

We unloaded and headed home. 

I am tired and have a lot to go tomorrow. 

Maybe. 

• olcowhand, Gtractor, Craig. and 1 other said thanks

#4553 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 15,660 Thanks
  • 8,758 posts

Posted March 18, 2017 - 06:30 PM

Beautiful weather today. 

We all slept in. All of us but Emily. I have no idea what time she left for work. 

We didn't even get up when we woke up. Heath got in bed with us.

winch3.jpg

We had two pickups to make today, however, it rained nonstop last night. One of the pickups was in a nice yard in a home that is for sale and the stuff is need to get is down a grassy hill. I wasn't going to back there and get stuck. 

SO we went over to the other place and got two John Deere tractors, a bunch of Kholer parts, and two big ag tires on wheels. I will take pics when I go get the other half of the stuff. 

We headed to the Hardware store to get some bolts and a couple of other things. On the way back to the house I noticed Sam's van was behind us. 

Once things were unloaded I started to put the winch that I use to pull tractors up on the tractor stand over to the trailer so I can get the stuff tomorrow out of the mud. 

Sam is taking a welding class. When I got out my torch he began to tell me everything I was doing wrong. I finally told him I was going to shove it up his butt after i lit it. He decided my way wasn't so bad after all. 

I cut holes in the bar and the trailer for the bolts. 

I grabbed a couple of bolts and installed them. I went through every socket I own trying to find one to tighten up this bolt. It took me about 20 minutes to figure it out. 

winch.jpg

Finally I have a winch. 

winch1.jpg

Sam changed the oil in his van and rotated his tires. I only had to help him twice. He is learning. 

Tomorrow we go haul stuff up a hill. 

• olcowhand, Craig., KennyP and 2 others have said thanks

#4554 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 15,660 Thanks
  • 8,758 posts

Posted March 20, 2017 - 06:40 PM

Look out I have a Ford and I an not afraid to use it. Well not much. 

This morning Emily put Heath on the bus so I go tot sleep till 9. 

SE.Mug_TooBusy_SE203052_grande.png

Then I got going. 

First I stopped at TSC for some longer bolts for the trailer I was going to pick up. It is a good think I didn't need any 3/8-16 nuts because they were all out. The cashier said there has been a run on bolts the past two days. I guess it is warming up and folks are repairing everything that broke. 

The next stop was the bank for a big handful of cash. 

Then I stopped at a car wash to get the undercarriage of BettyBlue blasted off. They salted the roads a ridiculous amount for the last snowfall that didn't stick to anything.

Then I went up to get the trailer. I had to bolt on a coupler I knew that I could get one bolt in it and I was hoping I could get both. I could. 

While I was cutting the zip tie off the coupler package I slipped and stabbed my finger. FOrtunately I had resupplied my first aid kit. 

1720c.jpg

One of the tires on the trailer was flat, but it was either going to make it home on the flat or it wouldn't. The trailer was superlight so I wasn't too worried about it. 

When I looked in the bed of the truck I saw that the lid of my action packer was gone. I had checked the latches before I went to the car wash. Everything in it was dry so I knew I had to of lost it after the rinse cycle. 

I retraced my route slowly and found it in the car wash. The elebenty billion mile an hour dryer must have blown the latches open the blew it off. 

With the lid secured I headed home. 

When I got back I called Tim and told him I had the cash for the tractor. He said he would bring it up. 

Before he got there Grady showed up. I looked at his Exploder and found that the drivers side brake caliper was hemorraging and the upper ball joints were FUBAR. I have a caliper, but he had to order ball joints. I told him to make sure it had brake fluid in it and go easy. 

Tim arrived with the tractor and I gave him all the cash. I never even opened the envelope to look at it. It hurt less that way. 

After the necessary BS session among the three of us, Grady headed for home. Tim gave me a quick lesson on the weird operation of the tractor. No one will ever steal it because it is a multi step process to start it. 

1720a.jpg

1720b.jpg

Heath got home and he and I took Tim home. Then Heath and I went up to Walmart to get a diesel can and some fuel. 

Back home I got on the tractor and learned that he was 100% correct that it needed weight on the back end. He kept his bush hog on it. Without that it likes to dance on its front tires. It wouldn't even pick up the little lightweight trailer I got today. 

So I went down in the field and rounded up all the weights I have kept over the years. I had 320 pounds. 

Then I brought them up to the carport and dumped them. 

After some considering on how it would mount I dug around in the metal box and found some bar. 

I had a 1 in ch stainless steel bar that I thought I could use for the weights, but it would not fit through the 3 point. I did some thinking and called Steph to pick up some 3/4 inch threaded bar and some nuts and some 3/4 inch bolts. 

I got out the smoke wrench and started bending up some braces. 

She got home and we got the threaded rod through the three point and slid an old jack handle over that then got the weights up on it. 

1720.jpg

One of the bars I bent too soon and it was wrong. Unfortunately I ran out of smoke for the smoke wrench before I could fix it. 

There is 320 pounds there not counting the bracing. We will see how that works. I may wind up taking the stainless bar to the machine shop and getting it turned down to fit. Right now this will tell me what will work and what won't. 

So we stopped for the night. 

• Gtractor, MH81, Alc and 2 others have said thanks

#4555 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 38,242 Thanks
  • 45,869 posts

Posted March 21, 2017 - 06:23 AM

Nice tractor! Next time you are at a farm supply, pick up a couple of these. Then you can make something to fit the 3-point for more weight if you need it.

• Craig. said thank you

#4556 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 15,660 Thanks
  • 8,758 posts

Posted March 21, 2017 - 09:23 AM

Nice tractor! Next time you are at a farm supply, pick up a couple of these. Then you can make something to fit the 3-point for more weight if you need it.

I plan to do something different in the future this is just working with what I have right now.
  • MH81, Craig., KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#4557 camdigger OFFLINE  

camdigger
  • Member No: 70250
  • 800 Thanks
  • 271 posts

Posted March 21, 2017 - 11:23 AM

Willie, your comments about your tractor dancing on its front tires makes me wonder if the rear tire have fluid in them?

Most loader tractors around here have fluid of one sort or another in the rear tires for ballast. Typically a CaCl salt solution is used, but a more environmentally and less corrosive choice might be an alcohol based window washer fluid. The tires are typically filled just over 2/3 with fluid and pressurized with air to maintain the tire flex.
  • Craig., backwoods and oldedeeres have said thanks

#4558 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 15,660 Thanks
  • 8,758 posts

Posted March 21, 2017 - 06:02 PM

Willie, your comments about your tractor dancing on its front tires makes me wonder if the rear tire have fluid in them?

Most loader tractors around here have fluid of one sort or another in the rear tires for ballast. Typically a CaCl salt solution is used, but a more environmentally and less corrosive choice might be an alcohol based window washer fluid. The tires are typically filled just over 2/3 with fluid and pressurized with air to maintain the tire flex.

NO they don't it is on the list.

Bad day for the neighbors. 

This morning I was up early and got Heath on the bus. 

fire.jpg

Then I hopped in BettyBlue and got going. 

I drove down to Buddy's house to take him to court and his daughter to work.  

He wanted me to drive his new truck. So I did. 

fire6.jpg

It was nice, but I was unimpressed. Too much stuff that can, and will, break. And I will have to fix it. The seats were not all that comfortable either. And the exhaustwas too quiet. 

It is a looker though.

fire5.jpg

fire4.jpg

We are taking bets as to how long it takes him to wreck it. 

I had to go up to Airgas to get my acetylene bottle filled. When I got off the interstate onto highway 321 there were 4 patrol vehicles sitting in the middle of the turn lane with their blue lights on. They weren't hiding. They were not even unmarked. When I came back out of the building all 4 had cars stopped. People are idiots.

I got Buddy and Miriam back home and then headed to my home. 

I was here about 20 minutes and heard a bang. It sounded like Emily had turned over a bookshelf. Two minutes later I got a call from Graham asking if I had heard the explosion. I went outside and heard sirens. I got in BB and drove that way. 

A neighbors house was on fire. 

fire1.jpg

Graham and I directed traffic to get the firetrucks on site. After a while I had to get home and get work done so we left. 

Back home I finished up the weight rack - that I forgot to take pictures of. It worked great - for a while. 

I got to cleaning up the field and taking the dirt and crap to Graham's house and dumping it in the huge hole in his front yard. 

After a few loads I noticed that the 3 point was hunting. I wasn't sure why, and I couldn't turn my head far enough to see it. When I pulled across the road the next time the weights were dragging. The bar had broken. So I came home to do some thinking. I wound up putting a chain around the bar and the top link mount. It worked great. Sometimes the simplest answer can be the hardest to find. 

Heath is supposed to wear a hat when he is outside. He gets ear infections other wise. He evidently couldn't find a hat.

fire3.jpg

He has underwear on his head. Silly kid. 

After 6 hours on the tractor I and starting to figure out where all the gears and controls are without having to look for them.

It will need a better seat. My butt is worn out. It is also going to have to have the tires loaded. It still dances a bit, but not as bad as it was. 

The fire department appeared to have been able to save the most of the house. I have no idea what the inside is like. 

fire2.jpg

Update: A propane tank exploded at the neighbors house. 

http://www.gastongaz...-as-house-burns

Edited by UncleWillie, March 21, 2017 - 06:21 PM.

• olcowhand, Gtractor, Alc and 2 others have said thanks

#4559 adamjd200 OFFLINE  

adamjd200
  • Member No: 39654
  • 2,046 Thanks
  • 2,173 posts

Posted March 21, 2017 - 09:51 PM

That's some scary stuff, thank god no one was hurt.
  • Craig. said thank you

#4560 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 15,660 Thanks
  • 8,758 posts

Posted March 22, 2017 - 05:27 PM

Today I got my rocks off.... my driveway.

For whatever reason at 4am I woke up. I had 3 hours of sleep. I tried to go back to sleep, but when my alarm went off at 655 I had to give up and get Heath on the bus. 

I was so tired I decided to sit and watch the new Magnificent 7. If you are wondering it is great. 

t6.jpg

I debated going back to bed. I debated sitting in my chair all day. Then I remembered it had rained all night last night and the conditions were perfect for moving rocks. 

So I went out and got going. First I had to run to Walmart to grab a couple of things. I got two new work shirts while I was there. The one I was wearing ripped up the back when I tried to tuck it in. I got a phone mount too. 

THey didn't have any big spot mirrors so I went to Autozone. 

Back at the house I did this. (Just imagine Heath is not in the pic)

t7.jpg

I also put on a new seat (off of the Falcon) and it had the added bonus of providing a thermos holder. 

t2.jpg

Then I got moving.

As much as I tried to could not remember how Tim said to put it in 4wd. I tried every lever and control on the tractor and finally just gave up. He had a doctors appointment so I didn't want to bother him. 

I moved rock all day. The first load I nearly pooped my pants on. When I tried to stop at the top of the hill there was no stopping. I just slid. I dumped the load in motion and it finally stopped when it crawled up on the rocks. It was a bit fun getting back up the hill. I had to use the bucket to pull myself up in a couple of spots. 

Heath got home and helped. He put a rock in every load I scooped up. LOL. 

I came into the pile for a scoop and when I hit the pile the tractor stopped. It was running but would not move. Again I went through every lever on it and nothing seemed to work. Finally I figured out that the transmission had popped out of gear. Since there is no shift cover on the dash finding a gear is more guesswork than science. I got back moving again. 

Emily had to go to work at 430 so at 415 I crawled down for the first time all day. The steering on BettyBlue seemed hard after all that easy steering on the tractor. 

Steph was bringing Christine to Emily's work so she could drive it home. I went in Food Lion and got some things we needed. The cashier was a knockout and sweet as could be. She thought Heath was the best thing on two legs. 

We got back out to the truck and Steph texted me to get something else. So we went back in. I told the cashier she was so pretty that I had to find an excuse to come back in. She turned a lovely shade of red.

Steph pulled in just as we were getting outside. She thought the cashier story was pretty funny. 

We got home and I used her phone to take the picture of my phone on the mount. Heath wanted to lift the bucket up and down. I tried to start the tractor. Nothing. Again I went through the levers. Finally I climbed up on the seat (which I really didn't want to do) and when I got up there I saw that the rear gear range selector was in neutral. I put it in gear and it started. Seems like a pointless safety to me. 

When I sat down I saw a lever sticking out from under the seat. The 4wd lever. I just couldn't see it under my fat butt. I let Heath drive down to the field and back up. He raised and lowered the bucket 40000000 times. It is the first time he has sat on it while it was running. 

At the end of the day the pile is a lot smaller.

t5.jpg

and the hill was a lot less slippery

t4.jpg

And finally here is a pic of the redneck ghettofab weight setup.

t1.jpg

Found a before pic

b4.jpg

Edited by UncleWillie, March 22, 2017 - 05:43 PM.

• olcowhand, Gtractor, Craig. and 3 others have said thanks