#4531 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 15,660 Thanks
  • 8,758 posts

Posted March 09, 2017 - 08:47 PM

Willie, on the stopped up faucet.....did you unscrew the aerator off the tip of the faucet?  Whenever lines are disturbed, crud gets sent everywhere, and crud will stop the aerators solid with grit.  I snap them apart & clean the crud out and all is well again. 

Yes I did. It is in the valves. 

I am worn out. 

This morning I had Emily get Heath on the bus. I slept in. 

Tim called at 830 My alarm was supposed to go off at 8. I hurried and got to his house at 9.

PAY-Christmas-Eve-crash.jpg

We loaded up his truck and then I realized I didn't have my phone. So I drove back to my house and left BettyBlue, he drove up and got me after I snagged my phone. 

We went up to Charlotte to the Smelly Cat coffee House and Roastery. I kid you not. They had a ice machine and a bread oven they wanted gone. Tim and I looked a bit out of place among all the long haired hippy people. They were staring at us like we fell from Mars. 

Then we ran over to Hydraulic Express to pick up some cylinders he had rebuilt. 

Then back home. 

I got a call about a Nissan Pathfinder. I told the guy I would be there as soon as Heath got off the bus. Emily had gone off to pay with her cousin.

Heath got home and we left.

At a stop light right before I got on the interstate I had something happen that has never happened before. Someone drove up on the tow dolly. He said he had pulled up where he couldn't see the dolly, then just had a brain fart. He hit the fender and crushed the already broken tail light. I just laughed and told him to get off my dolly. He was freaking out a bit. 

It was quite a long haul up there. I an not even sure what city we went to. i-85 south bound was a parking lot. I am glas we were going north - at least until I got on I-485. It was a jungle. I took me a hour to make a 20 minute drive. 

We got the Pathfinder and headed home. 

Since I didn't want to get back on 85 or go back down 485 into the mess again, I chose to go around 485 the long way. I can say I drove the whole loop today. 

At 8:20 I pulled in the driveway. Steph came out to help me get the Nissan unloaded. 

I am done in. 

Tomorrow I get to chaperone a field trip for Heath's class to a museum. 

• olcowhand, Gtractor, Craig. and 1 other said thanks

#4532 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 9,854 Thanks
  • 5,950 posts

Posted March 09, 2017 - 09:31 PM

Is that a tecumseh sitting on the trailer?
  • Craig. said thank you

#4533 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 15,660 Thanks
  • 8,758 posts

Posted March 09, 2017 - 10:20 PM

Is that a tecumseh sitting on the trailer?

Yep
  • Craig. said thank you

#4534 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 9,854 Thanks
  • 5,950 posts

Posted March 10, 2017 - 08:30 AM

Yep

Meant to say hm80 or hm100
  • Craig. said thank you

#4535 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 15,660 Thanks
  • 8,758 posts

Posted March 10, 2017 - 09:02 AM

Meant to say hm80 or hm100

Not sure on that I haven't even looked at the thing I took it out of the building and put it on the trailer
  • Craig. said thank you

#4536 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 15,660 Thanks
  • 8,758 posts

Posted March 11, 2017 - 07:40 AM

Yesterday was fun. I typed it all up and the computer shut off and it all was lost. I ain't typing it all again. 

9d7e4a3f29d54cf7510e9d5b42fd1051.jpg

Short version. Went on a field trip. My new hat arrived. I got a Ford Explorer. I cam home late. Here are the pictures.fre1.jpg

fre3.jpg

fre4.jpg

fre2.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• fre.jpg
  • fre1.jpg
  • fre2.jpg
  • fre3.jpg
  • fre4.jpg

• olcowhand, Gtractor, Craig. and 2 others have said thanks

#4537 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 15,660 Thanks
  • 8,758 posts

Posted March 11, 2017 - 05:52 PM

Things could have been worse. 

Last night a guy came and bought the Tecumseh I had on the trailer. I was gone getting a Ford Explorer so Steph handled it.  

This morning we were up early and got the yard sale going. It was much colder than it was supposed to be. 

sale_template_b.jpg

Around 7 a man showed up and bought several things. Once he figured out that I would take anything he offered he bought more. 

A few more people showed up. And bought a few more things. 

It was clouding up really bad and while one couple was here it actually sat a few flakes of snow. In a couple of minutes I heard a weather report that said it was going to rain in a hour and a half. So I figured we would pack it up in an hour or so. 

A regular came over to look to see what kind of tractors I had gotten in lately. We wandered around a bit. He didn't buy any tractors, but we  arranged a trade for the little Kia Sportage for 2 Cub Cadet pulling tractors. I will be selling them when I get them as I have no need to play tractor pull and sprain my spleen. I will do the trade later this week once the trailer is unloaded. 

He left and I asked him to snag the yard sale signs we had put up in the direction he was going.

We packed everything up on the trailer.

And a guy showed up. He bought a couple of things and left. 

After sitting a bit I hooked up the new phone line and installed the new wireless router. 

It didn't come with a book so I called my brother, a computer installer, and asked if he knew the default password. The password was password. 

I refused to do anything else today. 

#4538 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 15,660 Thanks
  • 8,758 posts

Posted March 12, 2017 - 03:38 PM

Not much happening today.

We slept in until Heath came and got Steph's phone and called her mom. Nothing like waking up to the sound of your mother in laws voice on speaker. 

16807819_1367429436650194_4810068203429261312_n.jpg

We got some snow.

17202736_10155230663954739_3461784769777908809_n.jpg

We needed some things from the store and Emily needed to go to work. 

I wasn't all that concerned about Emily driving, but I wanted to make sure the roads were clear. She followed us in Christine. Well she did once she got out of the driveway. She backed up on the Pampass grass and lifted the rear of the Christine off the ground. Then she nearly backed into the deep side of the ditch. 

Once she got out on the road there were no problems. The roads were perfectly clear. 

She went on to Subway. We sent to Walmart. I got beer. I had to wait 2 minutes at the cash register to buy it due to NC laws. It was 1158. We had to wait till 12. No one else was in line.

We got back home and did nothing else. 

The snow is almost gone already. 

#4539 Gtractor OFFLINE  

Gtractor

G-agressive tractor

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 9,311 Thanks
  • 4,948 posts

Posted March 12, 2017 - 03:52 PM

I used to go to church drunk all the time.

Dontja just love dumb laws?  :(

• Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#4540 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 15,660 Thanks
  • 8,758 posts

Posted March 12, 2017 - 04:17 PM

Kitchen Faucet update.

It stopped spraying all together. I pulled the aerator off again. It had a chunk of gunk in it. Steph likes the way it sprays without the aerator so it went in the trash. I guess whatever was gumming up the valves finally let go. 

• olcowhand, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#4541 Alc OFFLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 6,883 Thanks
  • 7,459 posts

Posted March 12, 2017 - 04:54 PM

We sent to Walmart. I got beer. I had to wait 2 minutes at the cash register to buy it due to NC laws. It was 1158. We had to wait till 12. No one else was in line.

I remember as a kid here in Pa department stores that sold food .  Sundays they  had to rope off everything but the food section , only food could be sold . I believe they were called " Blue Laws " Boy how times have changed lol

• Craig. and oldedeeres have said thanks

#4542 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 15,660 Thanks
  • 8,758 posts

Posted March 13, 2017 - 04:51 PM

Long Monday.

Last night at 3 am I got a text from Sam. He told me his van was broke down. I had taken pain meds. I wasn't going 3 feet, let alone an hour away to get him. He called someone else. 

il_340x270.937470820_bp80.jpg

This morning I had a tough time getting moving. My get along was worn down. 

First I had to get the Exploder of the tow dolly, then go to Lincolnton to get a Dodge Caravan.

That didn't take long. The Dodge was so bad I didn't want Heath playing in it here at the house so I decided it was going to get crushed today. 

AT&T was having a bad day on the railroad tracks.

17309070_10155234216559739_7948336047141082825_n.jpg

17309401_10155234205409739_1792387889110351206_n.jpg

I came home and got my steering column tools and the coffee can full of keys and headed down to Buddy's house. He lost the key to his truck.

None of the key's I had fit. So I pulled the steering wheel and put in a new key switch. I had one in my box.

From there I went to the scrap. I had figured that I would get $231 for the van from the curb weight I found online. It wasn't much profit, but it got rid of it. 

And it started raining. 

When you come off the scale you have to make a u turn going on a pretty steep downhill slope. The truck always tries to slide a little bit. Well after the snow on Sunday and the rain off and on today the ground was pretty slick. The gravel didn't help much. 

As the Caravan tried to crawl up in the bed of BettyBlue I stood on the gas. I went about 10 feet sideways and missed a junked pickup by about 2 inches. Got my cardio in for the day. 

I got $232 for the van. I was off by one dollar. 

Then I went by Chickfila for a bite. 

An hour later I was in Sam's driveway.

HE kept telling me all kinds of stuff about the van that made no sense. He said it was out of oil, the key wouldn't turn, the battery terminal was broken. I had no idea what to expect. 

An hour later we were in a long narrow paved driveway with a ditch on both sides. His van's front  front tires were in the ditch. The back end was up an embankment. 

He had attempted to turn around - in the dark - in the rain - and he is a bad driver. He kept trying to turn the wheel back and forth. When that didn't work he left the wheel turned hard to the left and shut the key off. Then it was stuck against the lock. When that happened he decided that the computer needed to be reset. Why I don't know. Then he lost a nut off the terminal. From all this he somehow deduced that the engine was out of oil - although it was sitting with the front end about 4 feet below the rear. 

I found a nut for the battery terminal and hooked it back up. Then I got in the van, pulled the wheel hard left and turned the key. It started right up. I shut it off and we hooked up a strap. 

One tug and it was on the pavement again. 

Then I began the 2 hour drive home. By the time I got here I was exhausted. 

Today is our 7th anniversary. 

In honor of that, here is our song. 

I was going to pick up her gift today, but I couldn't bring it home in the rain in the back of BB. Hopefully I can snag it t morrow. 

• olcowhand, KennyP and oldedeeres have said thanks

#4543 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 38,242 Thanks
  • 45,869 posts

Posted March 13, 2017 - 05:11 PM

Awesome song! Happy Anniversary!

• oldedeeres said thank you

#4544 oldedeeres ONLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 9,450 Thanks
  • 4,749 posts

Posted March 14, 2017 - 03:09 PM

Happy anniversary, you two. Great song!

#4545 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 15,660 Thanks
  • 8,758 posts

Posted March 14, 2017 - 08:44 PM

Pretty relaxing day. 

I got up and put Heath on the bus and barely was able to get back inside for the back pain. I elected to lay in the bed and fight the Luftwaffe on my phone. 

you_cant_arrest_me_officer_im_not_done_d

Around noon I was done of from laying. I got up and got in a hot bath. While I was there I watched a movie called The Salvation. It is a western. I highly recommend it. 

I told Steph we would go out to eat at her favorite restaurant tonight if she got home in time for Emily to drive Christine to work. She did. 

So we did. 

Heath didn't make it. 

geng1.jpg

We went to Genghis Grill. 

I got a big bowl. 

geng.jpg

On the way back from Charlotte we came up on another drunk driver. We followed him while calling 911. About 4 miles up Dallas Stanley highway there was a Gaston County Police car. I yelled at the cop and he took off after the offender.

They pulled into a parking lot and I thought for sure they were going to try to run. I blocked the other driveway so they couldn't, but they pulled up in front of the building and stop.

A man and a woman were in the back seat under a blanket. I have no idea what was actually going on.

Since the officer had it under control we headed home. I was tired.

Edited by UncleWillie, March 14, 2017 - 08:58 PM.

• olcowhand and KennyP have said thanks