UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 16,257 Thanks
  • 8,975 posts

Posted March 03, 2017 - 08:53 PM

I was halfway expecting that.

I was awakened this morning by Emily telling me that the cat had a baby bunny. I told her to take it away from him and put it back in the cage. 

mug.jpg

When I got into the living room I saw that the momma rabbit had opened the cage so I closed it. 

I set Emily to house cleaning and I waited on Buddy to show up with his Honda Passport.

Eventually he did so I went out. 

I was supposed to check the transmission fluid. It has a plug somewhere up on the side of the tranny that has to be pulled. Once I saw where it was I knew I couldn't get it laying on the ground. I called Tim and he was using his lift. He said it would be empty tomorrow morning. I told Buddy to come back.

I came in to sit for a bit. My back is still pretty tender between my shoulder blades.

While I sat Sarah came over to get Emily. She had to play with the baby bunnies for a while too. Momma bunny had opened her cage again.We closed it more securely this time. 

Heath got home and had to climb all over his cousin Sara. It is pretty funny to watch. 

The girls left and I wasn't quite ready to go out so I sat a bit longer. 

As I sat I noticed that Carmel was very interested in something behind the end table. I told Heath to pull it out. He did. Carmel went in and something screamed. I have heard that noise before. It was a baby bunny. 

I grabbed the bunny up and it seemed unharmed so I put it back with his family. Alfie has decided that the bunnies are kittens. He doesn't try to hurt them he just plays with them. 

I went out and got to work on the Volvo. I pulled the old radiator out and got the new one in in short order. 

I found a shredded ground wire

vol1.jpg

I replaced it with a tractor wire.

vol.jpg

I did find some numbers on the hood that are apparently compression test numbers. 1-5 are close to 220. #6 is 105. Hummmmm. 

Steph got home while I was working. 

With the radiator installed I filled it up with water. It appeared to have a little oil in it. but very little. It had no heat though. I had the top off the coolant reservoir and was sitting in the front seat of the car. Then about the time the thermostat would have been opening it puked coolant out the tank. Not a good sign. I am pretty sure that the head gasket is blown. 

Now I have to decide whether or not I want to fix it out part it. 

I came in and fell into my chair.

Steph made egg sandwiches for dinner. 

Tomorrow will be busy. I have to get Buddy's Honda done. Replace our leaky water heater. Clean out my office and make it Heath's bedroom. 

I leave you with a before and after of my hat. Nearly 6 years of hard wear.

hataaa.jpg

hatwwww.jpg

• olcowhand, Gtractor, Craig. and 1 other said thanks

#4517 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 40,949 Thanks
  • 47,132 posts

Posted March 04, 2017 - 05:44 AM

It's made it through 302 pages here!

• Craig. said thank you

#4518 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 7,116 Thanks
  • 5,080 posts

Posted March 04, 2017 - 09:48 AM

Dec 2012 to March 2017 only makes the hat a few months over 4 years old.

• Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#4519 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 16,257 Thanks
  • 8,975 posts

Posted March 04, 2017 - 07:51 PM

Whew.

This morning I had to get up and get moving pretty quickly.

too-much-coffee-300x300.jpg

Buddy called almost as soon as I woke up and said he was on the way here. 

Steph and I started taking the shelf out of the kitchen to move stuff around. 

When he got here we left to run down to Tim's to put his Passport up on the lift. 

It took some doing to get Buddy to listen to me and get the truck straight on the lift.We got it up in the air and found it was not low on transmission fluid - it had too much. We drained it and let it down. After some palavering Buddy left. 

Tim had a antique dresser, a wall hutch, and two barstools that I came home with.

When I got home Steph had taken it upon herself to stain the table we are putting in the kitchen. Why I have no idea, but it really gummed up the works. I went ahead and cut the two boards to put on the bottom of the table and put them on. I told her to go ahead and stain them too. 

Then we got started on the biggie. Getting the office cleaned out. 

In the time since my back surgery it has not been used and has become a dumping ground. 

Things went out and we finally got dug down to where we could see the water heater. It was not leaking, however the fitting on the PEX line was. In our favor was the fact that most of the water was going down the hole in the floor that the lines came up through. 

I had not dealt with PEX much so I called the plummer down the road. He wasn't home. Just as I hung up I noticed that Tim had called and I missed it. I called him back. He knew how to fix the line, and said he would be right up. 

We had already shut off the water. He looked at the line and we headed down to the hardware store.

We got back and cut the line and found we had the wrong size coupler. So we headed back. 

Steph said she wanted to steam clean the carpets so I got a machine while we were there. 

Tim put the coupler on and we turned on the water. It looked great - for about 15 seconds. Then Vesuvius erupted and water went everywhere. Steph ran out and opened the valve on the well. She ran out so fast I didn't even realize she hit the well pump switch on the way out. 

I got the carpet cleaner out of the truck and sucked up the water. Then Tim found that he put part of the coupler in upside down. Once he fixed that it was all good. I harassed him for being a lousy plumber. He left with a stainless steel trash can that I had been trying to find a use for. 

He told Steph he had two rugs she could come look to see if she wanted. 

Steph had carted my old desk out. I busted it up and put it in the burn barrel. 

I came in and took the carpet cleaner from Steph. I noticed it wasn't doing a great job cleaning. I asked if she used the shampoo. She said she did. Did the room and just thought the carpet was beyond repair.

We brought the dresser in and set it down on wax paper. When we did I noticed the floor was dry. I was perplexed. It seems that the water I was sucking up was only the water that had been hosed around when the pipe popped. The machine was dry. 

So I filled it up and added shampoo and some heavy duty degreaser. It is amazing how much better it cleaned.

While I cleaned the carpet, Steph and Emily ran down to Tim's and came back with a rug.

We carted in the bed frame (just a cot frame for now it will work till we get what we want) and the mattress was put on. Heath grabbed his blanket and pillow and refused to get up. 

We were starving so we loaded up in BettyBlue and Christine and headed up to Lincolnton to the all you can eat Chinese buffet. 

Heath used my phone for a mirror to clean his face on the drive up. 

chillin.jpg

Steph went on to Lowe's, the rest of us came home.

Since the living room looks like London during the Blitz I carted the laptop into the bedroom and am laying on the bed. 

Steph got back with shelf brackets and a new kitchen faucet. I have no idea why, but only the kitchen sink has no water pressure. I am guessing that something got in the line during the water fluctuating and plugged it up. Oh well it needed to be changed anyhow and it isn't hard. 

Steph is going to clean all the upholstery and carpets she can tonight. I am planning on staying out of the way. 

Tomorrow the living room has to be put back together.

Edited by UncleWillie, March 04, 2017 - 08:18 PM.

• Gtractor, Craig., KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#4520 29 Chev ONLINE  

29 Chev

A Little Off Plumb

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 63590
  • 10,270 Thanks
  • 3,333 posts

Posted March 04, 2017 - 08:25 PM

That's better - the rest of the story - you're not getting old like me and drop everything you touch are you?

• Craig. said thank you

#4521 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 16,257 Thanks
  • 8,975 posts

Posted March 04, 2017 - 08:33 PM

That's better - the rest of the story - you're not getting old like me and drop everything you touch are you?

I keep hitting the post instead of the preview button. I am only 47. Not even middle aged yet.  :D

• Craig. and 29 Chev have said thanks

#4522 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 42,898 Thanks
  • 31,941 posts

Posted March 04, 2017 - 09:40 PM

Willie, on the stopped up faucet.....did you unscrew the aerator off the tip of the faucet?  Whenever lines are disturbed, crud gets sent everywhere, and crud will stop the aerators solid with grit.  I snap them apart & clean the crud out and all is well again. 

• Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#4523 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 16,257 Thanks
  • 8,975 posts

Posted March 05, 2017 - 08:03 PM

Been a rocky kind of day.

Last night I took two muscle relaxers and don't remember anything till 10 this morning. 

rocky-coffee_1522821.jpg

When I got up Steph was using the steam cleaner on anythign that didn't move. I took it as a hint to get in the shower.

Heath did not come out of his bedroom till 11. I think he likes it. 

The cleaner had to be back at 230 so a 2 we loaded it up and headed to Ace to return it. As we pulled out of the driveway Tim called and wanted me to help him. I told him as soon as we got back I would head down. 

We got back and I left for Tims. 

Over the last two months the Forestry Dept cleared some land on our road. They chose to do it during monsoon season and had to truck in loads of rock to keep the trucks from becoming submarines. When they were done the left the rock. The told the land owner it was his problem.  The land owner wanted it gone. Enter two guys and a tractor.

I got in Tim's Ford with the dump trailer attached and drove down and waited on him to get the tractor started and meet me. 

It was a nice day to sit on the side of the road.

rock3.png

He showed up with the little Deere and we got to loading. 

rock.png

I am not sure how many trips I made back and forth to my house, but it was a few. Heath figured out how to operate the dump bed and I didn't even have to get out of the truck. I backed in, honked the horn, Steph opened the tailgate, Heath worked the bed, Steph closed the gate, and I left. Heath thought it was the greatest day of his life. 

It was after dark when we called it a day. 

This is my driveway now.

rock1.png

We were told they dumped 22 tons of rock at the first place we hauled out of. We started in on the second pile before it got too dark. There is at least this much left. 

Tomorrow morning I am going back and we are finishing up the rest of it. 

• olcowhand, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#4524 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 40,949 Thanks
  • 47,132 posts

Posted March 06, 2017 - 05:48 AM

Nice score on the rock!

• Craig. said thank you

#4525 Craig. ONLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• Member No: 1842
  • 1,196 Thanks
  • 944 posts

Posted March 06, 2017 - 11:07 AM

Nice score on the rock!

I agree with you Kenny, vary nice score.

#4526 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 16,257 Thanks
  • 8,975 posts

Posted March 06, 2017 - 06:16 PM

We are done. 

I got up and got Heath on the bus. The first thing the bus driver asked was why we had so many rocks in the driveway. I told her I had heard the price was going up soon. 

finished.jpg

Then I headed down to Tim's house. 

We got going and continued moving rocks again. I would imagine we moved another 20 tons or so. 

The only problem all day was that the battery on the dump trailer didn't charge. I figured that out the first load I carried. It lifted about 5 inches and stopped. So I pulled BettyBlue down and hooked up the jumper cables and got it working. 

The second load he got a little carried away on. When I drove through his yard and turned around the tree the trailer decided it wanted to drive. Fortunately I had his truck in 4wd already and I floored it. I made a mess, but didn't tear up the truck. 

We got done and I dumped the last load in his yard. We made a few plans for other jobs then I got in BettyBlue. And she had a dead battery. He pulled his little Ranger around loaned me some voltage. 

I got home and found the sideboard to the dump trailer in my yard. I had to load it up and take it back to him, then I came home and got to sit down in something that didn't have a couple tons of rocks on it. 

After I had devoured a bowl of last nights spaghetti I went back outside. 

I made a video of the Volvo

https://youtu.be/ySKDRLK7Pv8

And listed it for sale. 

Heath got home. 

Emily had to go to work so we took her.

Then we drove up to Vale to get some lawn mower weights. I didn't take pictures I was tired. 

We got home and I collapsed into my chair. Tomorrow Sam will be here to work. I have a lot for him to do. 

• olcowhand and KennyP have said thanks

#4527 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 40,949 Thanks
  • 47,132 posts

Posted March 06, 2017 - 06:22 PM

Will he be spreading rocks?

#4528 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 16,257 Thanks
  • 8,975 posts

Posted March 06, 2017 - 09:25 PM

Will he be spreading rocks?

Lol no that would be cruel. Lots of other stuff to do.
  • KennyP said thank you

#4529 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 16,257 Thanks
  • 8,975 posts

Posted March 07, 2017 - 08:28 PM

Today I found something I lost a good while back. 

No it wasn't my sanity

I got up and got Heath ready for school. It was a bit odd going into my old office to get him. 

Once he was gone I

cj6ZrBRd.jpeg

Tim came by to harass me and to pick uyp two pairs of boots my dad had given me that didn't fit. It is a shame too one was snakeskin the other ostrich.

Then I finished getting dressed and ready to go out. 

Sam arrived at about 1020 with his dog Appa. Appa went on the chain. Sam and I went to work. 

Once we jump started the 242 that HEath had left the key turned on, Sam took some accumulated scrap metal down the hill. 

While he did that I looked in my shop to figure out how to best attack it. I finally decided that the best thing was to clean off the desk then work out from there. 

I kept having to go find Sam because he kept wandering off. I swear I am going to get that boy a leash. 

All the cordless tools were hung on a wall, then I got to the really bad part - the whole rest of the shop.

Many tools were uncovered among the debris. Some i have no idea what the are for. Mostly things that I got in loads of scrap that were tools and got thrown in out of the weather. 

At 250 Heath got home. He ran around outside till Appa tripped him with the chain. He decided to go inside after that. 

At 330 I had discovered the thing I had not seen in over 2 years.

floor.jpg

The floor. 

I honestly was wondering if there was still one there. 

I finally set up the old laptop on the desk and called it a day. 

I came in and Heath and I sat in his bedroom and goofed off. 

Steph got home and joined us. 

Tomorrow Sam is coming back. We are going to clean up the yard and then tackle the blue building. Hopefully we will survive. 

• olcowhand, MH81, KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#4530 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 16,257 Thanks
  • 8,975 posts

Posted March 08, 2017 - 06:57 PM

More stuff happened.

This morning I got up and was getting Heath ready and Steph  as still here. I thought she was going to be late for work, but I wasn't going to say anything. She went out to Christine and the battery was dead. I heard her open the hood and I started out the door to jump start her. She was strolling slowly across the yard. I told her to hurry up and get her butt in gear and get the truck started. She looked at me like I fell off the roof. I told her she was going to be late for work. She said she didn't have to be in till 830 today. Oh well. 

As soon as she left Heath's bus arrived. 

I came in for

huh4.jpg

Then I had to leave to got to Gastonia to pick up my contacts. I was in no hurry since Sam wasn't going to be here till 10 and he is always late. I stopped at Jack in the Box for a bite. While I was waiting int eh drivethru I got a call from  The Smelly Cat Coffee House & Roastery. They have a commercial refrigerator and ice machine that are in the way. They want them gone.

A coffee shop needing help. They called the right guy.

I got home and started eating. Sam showed up and dove into the refrigerator.

Before we went outside I went to get a cigar. I walked in my office and saw Heath's bedroom. It is going to take a while to get used to that.

We got outside and started working on the parts building. In about an hour I found the floor. Many more tools were discovered, some of which I don't even remember seeing before.

Once that was all put away we carted off a truck load of scrap metal to the pile. 

Then we started on the little metal building that is more or less a dumping ground for whatever we can't figure out where to put it. 

When that was done we had a load of stuff for Saturday's yard sale.

huh1.jpg

We carried another load of scrap metal down. When prices go up I am going to have a lot to haul off. 

Then we searched for the four wheels and tires that originally came on the BlueOx. Tim's truck is riding on 4 racing slicks and it nearly caused me to wreck it once this weekend. He needs them more than I need them sitting in the yard.

I was getting so tired that on the last tire I took off the lugs, and the rim would not let go. I kicked and kicked and crawled under the truck and kicked and was getting frustrated. Then Sam said, "There is still a lug nut on it. Does that matter?" Dang it.

We got the tires loaded up on BettyBLue and then carted them down to Tim's house. 

We got home and ran a new phone line to the living room so I can move the DSL modem out of Heath's bedroom. Right now it is hidden behind his dresser. 

Sam went home and I tossed the two Craftsman chainsaws I uncovered in the shops in the bed of BettyBlue, and Heath and I ran them down to the repair shop. My hands don't feel up to working on stuff that small right now. 

His sunglasses have disappeared from teh truck. They were there this morning. So I wore my new pair, he wore my old pair. 

huh2.jpg

We stopped at Walmart on the way home to get him a new pair, I didn't have my wallet. Oh well. We went home.

I sat down and viewed my clean work area again.

huh3.jpg

I looked up the tracking numbers on my hat. I have never seen one labled as misshipped before.

huh.jpg

Still more stuff to sift through before Saturday. 

• olcowhand, KennyP and oldedeeres have said thanks