wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 15,676 Thanks
  • 8,763 posts

Posted February 27, 2017 - 08:58 PM

Another Monday in the books. 

8e9a42ba0a50b56be13321cf6c78d482.jpg

I took pain meds last night so I told Emily to put Heath on the bus. I was awake long enough after my alarm went off to hear her do that. Next thing I knew it was 11.

I awoke to a text from Steph. She left her ID badge here and could not use the schools printer without it. So I saddled up and left. 

They were at lunch I got to meet her kids. One little boy held my hand and led me through the halls back to the class room. One wanted my sunglasses. One was terrified of me. It was fun. 

Then I headed from her school in Northern Lincoln county to Willis Auto Electric in Cleveland county about 20 miles away. We live almost exactly between the two. 

I dropped off Graham's alternator and then headed home. 

Heath got off the bus. Emily got ready for work. 

Steph had to work a bit late so I took Emily to work. We sat out in the parking lot waiting for Steph to get there to leave Christine. 

16996202_10155186009449739_8466079734333

His legs didn't quite reach the pedals. 

After a bit I got hungry so we went in. Emily had to make us dinner. Although I still paid for it.

I got a call from the alternator shop. The total for his alternator is a whopping $60.

We got home and I came in. 

I didn't really get what I needed to get done, but it was good enough for a Monday,

• Gtractor, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#4502 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 15,676 Thanks
  • 8,763 posts

Posted February 27, 2017 - 10:16 PM

I had that problem on my Tahoe, steering would almost lock up in corners. I unplugged sensor, problem solved.

If the one on my 99 ever goes bad it will get bypassed. But I do what the customer wants. 

• Craig., KennyP and TAHOE have said thanks

#4503 64fleetside OFFLINE  

64fleetside
  • Member No: 77612
  • 189 Thanks
  • 98 posts

Posted February 27, 2017 - 10:39 PM

My 96 GMC has been unplugged for nearly 10 yrs. Now i know why.
Wasnt gonna plug it back up-figgered somebody unplugged it for a reason.../
  • Craig., UncleWillie and TAHOE have said thanks

#4504 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 15,676 Thanks
  • 8,763 posts

Posted February 28, 2017 - 07:53 PM

Finally got things done today. 

I woke up this morning with an unhappy stomach. It is a good thing it was just Carmel and I in the bedroom because if someone had struck a match it house would have exploded. 

atomic_bomb_blast_mugs.jpg?side=Back&wid

Afterr the thunder subsided I headed off to Shelby.

ON the way down there was a white Dodge Dakota that was weaving all over the road. I called him in to the highway patrol. Before any cops could arrive he pulled into a trucking company. I went in after him. He stopped in front of a Semi and got out. I asked him if something was wrong. He said he was fine. I toke him he ran two cars off the road and was over in the ditch more than he was on the highway. He said, "I never saw that." I nearly got out and hit him. I gave him my opinion of his stupidity and then I went on. 

I pulled into Lowe's and got some sawzall blades. Then I went across to Harbor Freight to see if they had a big plastic container to put my straps in. They didn't. 

When I passed Radio shack I noticed they had a going out of business sign. I went back. They didn't have much, but I grabbed a few things at 60% off.

Then I went up to Willis Electric to get Graham's alternator. 

ON the way home I got behind a driver who was going 20 to 30 under the limit. There were 50 or 60 vehicles behind them and they just kept poking along. Traffic in the oncoming lane was just heavy enough to prevent passing them.

Finally I got home. I called Graham to come help put his alternator in. The only help I really needed was to put the belt back on. I needed 14 hands to do it with. 

My niece, Sarah, came to kidnap Emily to go shopping. 

Heath got home. 

I loaded the dryer we just bought back in the truck. I had a broken belt. And drove up to the guys shop to swap it out. 

Finally, Heath and I drove down to Hooters. Steph beat us there. We had supper. The waitress doted on Heath. At one point Heath managed to turn his chair over. He was laughing. The poor girl was freaking out. I assured her that he was indestructible.

Steph and Heath went shopping. I came home. I barely beat the rain. Emily helped me get the dryer in and installed. 

• olcowhand, Gtractor, KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#4505 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 15,676 Thanks
  • 8,763 posts

Posted March 01, 2017 - 05:52 PM

This morning I was awakened by the phone. I don't even remember who called or what the conversation was about. I hope I did't promise a kidney to anyone. 

fire-on-the-coffee-cup-4368x2912_26552.j

Heath missed the bus. I didn't bother taking him to school because I didn't feel like driving there. Turns out that was a good thing. 

I gathered up all my batteries and went over and looked at the truck I was supposed to whack a part out of the frame of. It wasn't a sawzall job. 

I dug out my torch set. The 200 feet of hose was wrapped around everything. They had been in there for a couple of years and stuff got in the way. 

Once they were finally dug out I saw I had acetylene, but not oxygen. Several years ago I got them filled and when we put them away that evening we didn't get the oxygen valved turned off all the way. Two days later it was empty.

I got the tank in the back of BettyBlue and then asked Emily if she wanted to ride along. She did. So I went out to the truck with Heath. I had no car seat. Steph didn't put it back in the truck. 

So I went alone. I couldn't have taken Heath to school anyway.,

I got back and as soon as I got in my yard I got a call from Ben. He wanted a part off the parts Suburban.

I got things set up and started slicing off the part to go to New York to my buddy.

Since there is no engine in the truck I was sitting in the engine compartment. I got to where it was hard to see and took off my hat and sat it on the windshield then leaned over to look at the frame. When I straightened back out my hat was on fire!

I grabbed the garden hose and put it out.

hat.jpg

With all the grease and oil on it I thought it would burn better than it did. 

Finally I had my prize

hat2.jpg

Then I went and sat down for a minute. 

After a bit Ben called. He was on his way. I went over to the Parts truck and pulled the dash apart. Then I tried to pull the AC controls out they broke. 20 year old plastic that has baked in the southern sun.

He needed the wiring off the control unit so the broken parts didn't matter. 

While he was here Emily came out and said she needed to go to work. 

While I was in the parts Suburban I saw a car seat in the back of it. It was just like Heaths except it stunk of cigarettes and apparently they had left a wolverine in the car and it ate the padding. It would work for one trip though. We left the windows down.. 

Steph go to there after about 20 minutes and we left Christine there. 

The radiator for Emily's Volvo came in today so I guess I have something to do tomorrow. 

• olcowhand, Gtractor, Craig. and 2 others have said thanks

#4506 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 38,417 Thanks
  • 45,945 posts

Posted March 01, 2017 - 06:20 PM

Sounds like a fun day! Sorry about the hat, may have to invest in a new one before long!

• Craig. said thank you

#4507 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 9,918 Thanks
  • 5,972 posts

Posted March 01, 2017 - 08:31 PM

Might have to change the title of the thread. Adventures of my newest hat
  • olcowhand, KennyP and 29 Chev have said thanks

#4508 oldedeeres ONLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 9,509 Thanks
  • 4,770 posts

Posted March 01, 2017 - 09:57 PM

The misadventures of my once new hat?
  • KennyP and UncleWillie have said thanks

#4509 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 29,968 Thanks
  • 29,758 posts

Posted March 02, 2017 - 07:22 AM

You could start a band named the flaming hats...
  • KennyP, UncleWillie and oldedeeres have said thanks

#4510 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 15,676 Thanks
  • 8,763 posts

Posted March 02, 2017 - 06:17 PM

Ouch my back.

Last night we had a hellacious storm. Hail and everything. 

This morning I had to get Emily to the doctor so I did. 

new.jpg

As she was having female stuff done that I wanted no part of, I left her there and went to the Radio shack that is closing. 

Steph saw my dash cam and wanted one for her truck. I got the last one they had to day.

Then I went back and sat in the doctors lot and waited. She came out. We went home. 

My upper back is not happy at all. It feels like someone drove a pickaxe through it so I decided to take it easy.

The frame part I cut off yesterday needed to be trimmed to fit one of the cheap boxes from USPS so I got out the torch and whittled it down. After it was cool and dry I took it to the post office. IT got sent on its way to New York. 

There is an antique store next to the post office that I keep threatening to go in, so I did. 

IN a store full of antiques I saw one thing I wanted and bought it. It was plastic truck tool box that can't be more than 10 years old. Some antique shopper I am. 

I bought the box for Graham to use on his truck. He needed one and we couldn't find a used one that wasn't falling apart. 

I came back home and took the time to get a closer look at the damage to my hat.

It wasn't good news

hat.jpg

So I went online and looked around. I found one on ebay for half what I paid for this one. Brand new in the box with only a creased brim. It will be a work hat to it will have all kinds of creases soon enough. 

Heath got home from school. Emily got him off the bus. I was perched on my massaging cushion.

At 445 we loaded up in BettyBlue and took her to Walmart to work. Steph beat us there.

I called her on the phone and asked "Where are you?'

"At Walmart"

I said, "I know that I am standing beside your truck, where are you?"

"Inside."

"Well, I never would have figured that out, Where are you."

"in the store."

"Where in the store"

"Over here."
"Where is here." 

"By the men's department."

"Finally, an answer." I hung up. 

I swear sometimes she is trying to give me an aneurysm.

Edited by UncleWillie, March 02, 2017 - 06:37 PM.

• olcowhand, Gtractor, MH81 and 1 other said thanks

#4511 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

G-agressive tractor

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 9,335 Thanks
  • 4,956 posts

Posted March 02, 2017 - 07:25 PM

:rolling: She knew exactly where she was all along. :rolling:

• MH81 and KennyP have said thanks

#4512 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 29,968 Thanks
  • 29,758 posts

Posted March 02, 2017 - 10:26 PM

My wife will answer questions that way when she
-doesn't think I'll like the answer
- is distracted by something
- is having an estrogen or blonde induced fog moment

Last time she did that, I threatened to stand in the store and scream her nicknames until she found me...
  • Gtractor, KennyP, adamjd200 and 1 other said thanks

#4513 adamjd200 OFFLINE  

adamjd200
  • Member No: 39654
  • 2,046 Thanks
  • 2,173 posts

Posted March 02, 2017 - 10:42 PM

You could start a band named the flaming hats...

we had a band with a name like that in Lancaster county called flaming d#$k and the hotrods (not sure if I needed to sensor that so I did), they played every carnival and fair in the northern part of the county, the name always got a few jokes.
  • KennyP said thank you

#4514 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 9,918 Thanks
  • 5,972 posts

Posted March 03, 2017 - 06:26 AM

My wife does the same thing.

Where are you

On my way home
I know that but where