UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,774 Thanks
  • 7,705 posts

Posted December 07, 2012 - 07:11 PM

been a quiet week in Lake Wob....wait wrong channel.

430 this morning my eyes popped open and I told hem no no and went back to sleep. 558 they popped open again. Alarm was set for 6 so I got up. Wife made some kind of grunting noise, rolled over, and went back to snoring.

After my morning routine ( yeah you know it – coffee, clothes, email, GTT) I called my slave and woke him up at 630 I called my slave and told him to drag his miserable self out of bed. 645 I told Steph it was time to get up, perched my hat on my head, went out the door, and settled into the drivers seat of Christine.

25 minutes later I was in Gastonia and picked up slave #1. Slave #2 was supposed to be on his way to my house at 8. We made a stop to buy him cigarettes and a drink and headed to the house.

745 I was back home and put slave #1 to work cleaning up the mess in the yard. I stepped in the house to tell Steph something ( a guy I used to hire is running from the law for outstanding warrants – he turned a 2 year probation into a 3 year jail visit if he is caught ) and slave #2 arrived.

After starting one of them on sorting out the aluminum from the car parts I picked up yesterday, and the other unloading all the fire extinguishers on the trailer into a drum, I set about pouring the multitude of jugs full of fuel oil into a 55 gallon drum we had picked up. Once the transfer was complete I checked on the slaves and they were doing fine.

We unloaded the Barrel of antifreeze from the trailer then loaded up all the steel, had it strapped down, and saddled up for the drive to the scrap yard by 930. By the time we reached the end of the road Steph called and said that the washing machine wouldn't spin. I told her we would swap machines when we got back.

They made short work of unloading at the yard.
Posted Image
I picked up my check and then we hit the diner for breakfast. One didn't want to eat. I told him it was going to be a long day. He ordered a chicken sandwich and was glad he did later on.
Posted Image
$25 later and we were on the road by 1030. I stopped to cash my check, and then headed to pick up my Christmas present to myself.

At 1215 we pulled in the driveway at a house in Concord and I handed the guy $500. My slaves quickly loaded up the 12x20 carport I bought and we headed home. ON the way back we encountered this fun little gathering at an intersection.
Posted Image
Posted Image
The entire front passengers side was caved in on the S10.
About 230 we backed up behind my shop and they unloaded the carport while I turned the dogs loose to rampage around the property.

Once the carport was unloaded I had them clean up everything that was out of place, re-stack all the pallets that had been unstacked for one reason or another, move a stack of plywood and a bunch of other stuff.

While they were engaged in moving a neighbor came by to see if I had a hoist he could borrow. After exploring several options he said he would go take a look at which one would work best and would come back later.

The dogs were worn out by now so they went back in the pen and the chickens got to roam the yard. When the guys picked up a piece of plywood that was on the ground there were bugs-a-plenty and a feeding frenzy commenced. One of the guys had never seen chickens before and was amazed that they ate bugs.

A short time later Steph came back from her shopping trip and Christine got recruited to go down the hill and get the spare washer. A quick change over and she is back to laundry washing. First up was a load of diapers. Glad we had a spare.

Finally at 500 I ran out of things for them to do so I herded them back into the truck and took them home.

I returned to the aroma of tacos, a cold beer, and some acetaminophen. My back is killing me.
  • olcowhand, Indy, Binlrde96 and 5 others have said thanks

#32 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,841 posts

Posted December 07, 2012 - 07:15 PM

Steph called and said that the washing machine wouldn't spin.

Check the inner drum for screwdrivers or screws!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • KennyP said thank you

#33 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,774 Thanks
  • 7,705 posts

Posted December 07, 2012 - 07:42 PM

NO the motor was making an exciting sound. It is done for.

#34 marlboro180 OFFLINE  

marlboro180
  • Member No: 10710
  • 634 Thanks
  • 954 posts

Posted December 07, 2012 - 11:29 PM

Always fun reading these stories, thanks ! The bugs on the back of a board bring it home for me, our chickens go nuts for slugs and such, Little M pop's 'em off the bottom of sticks and things, and feeds them to the yard chickens by hand. Them gals go crazy after her.... :thumbs:

Edited by marlboro180, December 07, 2012 - 11:29 PM.

#35 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,774 Thanks
  • 7,705 posts

Posted December 08, 2012 - 10:19 AM

Steph hand feeds the chicks bugs too. It is hilarious. What is really finny is that the birds know that after the dogs run and are put back in their pen it is time for free ranging. They all crowd by the gate waiting to be released.
  • marlboro180 said thank you

#36 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,774 Thanks
  • 7,705 posts

Posted December 08, 2012 - 09:53 PM

Slow day today. Slept in then took my time over coffee and internet.

At about 11 I took my thermos, slapped my hat on my head and hobbled out to the shop. After getting it all cleaned up I came in and made more coffee, snagged the laptop and a couple of beers and then sat in my comfy shop seat - Honda Accord reclining bucket bolted to 2 6x5s, and settled in with a cigar to watch a movie.

It was a good day.

#37 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,841 posts

Posted December 08, 2012 - 10:42 PM

You needed a good slow day William!

#38 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,518 Thanks
  • 39,736 posts

Posted December 09, 2012 - 05:31 AM

Glad you got some relaxation in!

#39 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,774 Thanks
  • 7,705 posts

Posted December 11, 2012 - 05:41 PM

After two days of sitting on top of the aquarium I finally clamped my hat on my head and stumbled out into the sunshine to get some work done. Steph and I went through the aluminum/electric motor bin and dug out all of the aluminum things and loaded them up on her trailer. We unearthed all sorts of treasures in the process.

After we had all the digging done we pulled the truck around to the work are and got busy taking stuff apart. In the middle of the process Heath woke up and after a diaper change came out to join up in his swing. It didn't take long for him to get tired of that so I got his blanket out of the shed and put him on it.

Immediately he was in the grass rolling around. No stopping that boy. Had to keep and eye out for his location when tossing stuff on the trailer.

One lost 13MM ½ inch drive socket later and we were done.

I had an engine on a friends engine stand that I needed to return so Heath and I got on the DragonFly to drag it under the gantry crane. Steph hooked it up and I started pulling. Instantly it turned over and gouged my nice new paint on the fender.

After getting it upright I drug it over and we got it off the stand. Then I decided to put the clutch return spring back on it. I slipped and gouged the paint on the front of the fender doing that. Not a good day for fresh paint at my house.

Finally got everything loaded up. Returned the engine stand to my buddy. Went down to the guy I sell my aluminum to and came home with a fistfull of dollars.

Steph cooked chicken fried steak so not I am stuffing my face.

No pictures. Can't operate the camera with greasy hands.

#40 marlboro180 OFFLINE  

marlboro180
  • 634 Thanks
  • 954 posts

Posted December 11, 2012 - 09:45 PM

No pics, no worries , as I imagined it all with your day's tale. Fun stuff, except for scracthing paint.... That alway's hurts.

#41 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,774 Thanks
  • 7,705 posts

Posted December 11, 2012 - 09:48 PM

I nearly cried.

#42 marlboro180 OFFLINE  

marlboro180
  • 634 Thanks
  • 954 posts

Posted December 11, 2012 - 09:50 PM

I bet, been there, done that, it hurts like a hard kick to the ....
Knee.

#43 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,774 Thanks
  • 7,705 posts

Posted December 13, 2012 - 07:20 PM

Not much happening the last few days. Had to get up at the crack of early this morning to get to a "govmint" office when they opened. We got there at 755. Walked into the waiting room and sat till about 820 before the woman came out to see us.

Came home from that and Steph and Heath loaded up to head to a cookie party. The cookie part sounded good - the being in a house full of children under the age of 4 and their mothers made my decision for me.

I did make my way down to a carport dealer and got the pieces to raise mine up to 10 feet. I got to play with their horizontal band saw. Came home and was going to put the carport up and realized it was a 2 person job and came inside and watched old movies.

Tomorrow the carport goes up.
  • KennyP said thank you

#44 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,518 Thanks
  • 39,736 posts

Posted December 13, 2012 - 07:27 PM

I'm with you on the cookie party. I'd have passed too.

#45 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,774 Thanks
  • 7,705 posts

Posted December 13, 2012 - 07:32 PM

She did bring me cookies home.