#4472 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 15,676 Thanks
  • 8,763 posts

Posted February 20, 2017 - 06:11 PM

I was a bit more tired than I thought I was. 

Last night I stayed up watching USS Indianapolis: Men of Courage. If you ignore the rediculious stuff at teh beginning it is a good movie. 

This morning I got up, put Heath on the bus, and I had every intention of staying up. I started watching the Uss Indianapolis documentary and I couldn't keep my eyes open. I went  back to bed about halfway in. 

When I got up.

fire-hot-coffee-white-cup-33390113.jpg

Then I did a load of laundry and I was going to go outside. 

Emily is doing her high school online now. She wasn't doing good at the local high school. She needed to print something. Since we have not tried the printer with the new computers I had to go through and set it all back up again. I was just finishing that mess up when Heath's bus got here. 

I sent Emily out to get him. I finished the documentary then Heath and I went out. 

I found the rake and raked up everything I had burned yesterday into one big pile then set the pile on fire. I found all kinds of stuff while raking: wire, a railroad tie plate, lots of tractor parts, and about 40000000000000000000000000 bolts. 

While I was burning it Graham got home from work and came over. Heath was trying to put everything he could find in the fire. At one point he was trying ot get a piece of metal to burn. He got mad when it wouldn't .

Emily came out and said he she had to go to work. Graham took her since I couldn't leave the fire. 

He came back and told em there was a huge wreck in town. I haven't seen anything about it on the news. 

Since I wasn't doing anything but sitting in a chair we polished the headlights on Grahams little truck. 

The fire was down to just smoldering buy then. 

Steph came home and we went down to Emily's job and left Christine for her drive home. 

Today I Heath's 5th birthday. I am tired and sore from raking. My back doesn't like raking or sweeping. So tomorrow we are going to go to his favorite restaurant; Chickfila.

• olcowhand, Gtractor, Craig. and 3 others have said thanks

#4473 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 38,417 Thanks
  • 45,945 posts

Posted February 20, 2017 - 06:32 PM

Happy Birthday Heath!

• Craig. said thank you

#4474 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 41,214 Thanks
  • 31,437 posts

Posted February 20, 2017 - 08:43 PM

Yes, tell Heath we wish him a happy birthday!
  • Craig. said thank you

#4475 oldedeeres ONLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 9,509 Thanks
  • 4,770 posts

Posted February 20, 2017 - 08:54 PM

:happybday:   to Heath!  :dancingbanana:  :dancingbanana:  :dancingbanana:  :dancingbanana:  :dancingbanana:

• Craig. said thank you

#4476 backwoods OFFLINE  

backwoods
  • Member No: 8613
  • 2,617 Thanks
  • 2,814 posts

Posted February 21, 2017 - 06:06 AM

Happy Birthday heath

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
  • Craig. said thank you

#4477 SimplyRad OFFLINE  

SimplyRad
  • Member No: 84410
  • 1,101 Thanks
  • 840 posts

Posted February 21, 2017 - 11:16 AM

:happybday:  Heath.

Today I Heath's 5th birthday. I am tired and sore from raking. My back doesn't like raking or sweeping. So tomorrow we are going to go to his favorite restaurant; Chickfila.

I know what you mean on the raking and sweeping.

• Craig. said thank you

#4478 Craig. ONLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• Member No: 1842
  • 1,086 Thanks
  • 900 posts

Posted February 21, 2017 - 04:22 PM

Happy Birthday Heath :rocker2:

#4479 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 15,676 Thanks
  • 8,763 posts

Posted February 21, 2017 - 06:44 PM

I did lots of nothing today.

This morning the busf came right as I was attempting to put my contacts in. I thought I put the one I had out back in the case. I missed. It vanished. I looked for it and never found it. 

I had to leave to get Buddy to court - again. His lawyer got a continuance last time. 

Sherlock%2BEye%2Bscreen%2Bshot.jpg

Rather than drive all the way back (because  the lawyer was getting another continuance - long story, legal strategy) and then have to go back in a n hour to get him I just sat in the parking lot and watched Netflix.

I did call the eye doctor to see if my new contacts had come in. They were on back order. My new glasses were in though. 

He came out and we left. He wanted to go to Dunkin Doughnuts so we did.  

Then back to his house where I got his new printer set up and then harassed his daughter and dog for a while. 

At 130 I was back home. His desk chair was used as a torture device that as outlawed by the Geneva Convention. My back is killing me.

I installed myself in my recliner and refused to get up till Steph got home. 

At 2:45 Heath got home. Emily got him off the bus. He ran straight to the back yard and started playing with the cars. When he got quiet I sent Emily out to check on him. It wasn't that often. 

At 4:30 Steph got home. Emily took her truck and left almost before Steph was out of it. 

We took BettyBlue and went to Gastonia. 

At America's Best I got my new glasses

16864144_10155168691724739_6385365479159

And a new pair of trial contacts. 

Then we headed to Chickfila for Heath to have his birthday dinner. He loves Chickfila.

He got a game with his meal. He immediately tore the pieces up and spelled his name. 

16864875_10155168737919739_5097130213980

Then we came home. We let the dogs run. I staggered in and fell into my chair. 

• olcowhand, Gtractor, Craig. and 1 other said thanks

#4480 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 38,417 Thanks
  • 45,945 posts

Posted February 21, 2017 - 06:56 PM

Way to go Heath!

• Craig. said thank you

#4481 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 15,676 Thanks
  • 8,763 posts

Posted February 21, 2017 - 09:26 PM

At 715 I got a message on Facebook from a guy who wanted to come right then to look at the Suzuki Grand Vitara. I gave him the address. HE was here in 15 minutes. 

After looking it over for a long time they said they would take it for a bit less than I was asking, but had to figure out how to get it home. I told them that for my full asking price I would pull it there. They agreed. 

We got it loaded up and hauled it over. 

He told me to pull it in the drive. He didn't tell me that what looked like it had no ditch was actually a foot deep and full of leaves. The tow dolly stopped me cold. We pushed it off in the road and I got the dolly unstuck. 

I am home with full pockets and a sore spine. 

#4482 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 15,676 Thanks
  • 8,763 posts

Posted February 22, 2017 - 06:15 PM

My back was not happy last night. Nor this morning. 

Emily put Heath on the bus. I slept in. 

16649101_1235417859860810_7504439727366555016_n.jpg

Emily and I went out this afternoon and got the Nissan started and made a video to list it for sale. 

When Heath got home Emily drove us down tot he bank to deposit the money from selling the car last night. 

I came home to messages from  this genius who didn't even bother reading the ad 

idiot.png

By the way that is the entire conversation.

I am going to order a radiator for Emily's Volvo then I am going to do nothing. 

Edited by UncleWillie, February 22, 2017 - 06:16 PM.

• olcowhand, Gtractor, MH81 and 3 others have said thanks

#4483 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

HAZMAT CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 13,974 Thanks
  • 10,004 posts

Posted February 22, 2017 - 09:11 PM

Shannon shouldn't run with scissors or try to walk and chew gum at the same time. I dare say I hope she hasn't had any children, but I think I know the answer to that.

Good luck on that one, brother.
  • Gtractor and Craig. have said thanks

#4484 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 15,676 Thanks
  • 8,763 posts

Posted February 23, 2017 - 06:33 PM

In my defense I was left here alone. 

slow_is_a_reevolution_mug_gold-r63513737

I put Heath on the bus and went back to bed for a while. I felt good to be lazy.  - for 30 minutes. Then the phone started ringing non stop.

Once I was upright and caffeinated I went out.

I slowly started cleaning up more mess. I ran a magnet through the burn pile and then filled in couple of holes with the ashes.  Once they were filled in I tossed rubber mats over them to keep the chickens from digging it out before it got packed down. 

After a bit I had the bright idea to pace them down by driving the truck over the mats. After that I tossed more dirt in the holes and put the mats back. 

It looks a lot better. 

foot.jpg

It took a while because I would work for 30 minutes or so then sit to take a break. 

While I sat I noticed it looks like an old Chevy retirement home. 

foot1.jpg

After a bit I moved Spooky down to where I can work on her - eventually. 

Heath got home and tossed his book bag down then ran around. I had the water on to fill up the dogs bowls and he discovered it. I found him standing on top of the Kia washing it. LOL. 

Then I took the wagon around the yard and picked up all the trash and other stuff. 

While I was resting he found some toys in the shed that he carried in the house and then stayed inside. 

After a bit I came in. He had moved my recliner and destroyed the living room. Oh well. 

I swept out behind the recliner and then sat down. 

I answered more messages about the cars I had for sale. 

I heard a vehicle pull in the yard and told heath to go see who it was. He said it was mommy. I didn't think it sounded right, but he was looking out, not me.

About 20 seconds later there was a knock at the door. Tim was here with a big load of scrap in a dump trailer. 

He had some stuff that was not scrap so we unloaded that. 

Steph got home while we were sorting though stuff. 

Instead of dumping the trailer out on the ground we decided to put it on my trailer. So Steph pulled BettyBlue down and I hooked it up. Then she backed up behind the dumped trailer and we dumped the load off. It didn't go perfectly, but it was a lot easier than me having to move it all again. 

He left. I came in and fell in my chair. 

Tomorrow I will be by myself again. Who knows what I can get done. 

#4485 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 15,676 Thanks
  • 8,763 posts

Posted February 24, 2017 - 06:53 PM

Long day.

I got Heath on the bus and then sat down and made the mistake of playing just one mission on the WWII air combat game on my phone. Before I knew it an hour and a half had passed and I had mowed down most of the Luftwaffe. Then the phone rang. Tim needed my help moving a monster dinosaur of a chest freezer.

box1.jpg

I tossed a load of laundry in the machine then headed to his house. 

ON his property is the old house that his grandmother lived in. When she died his father refused to let anyone even go in side let alone live in it. It had deteriorated to terrible condition. He is in the process of tearing it down so it has to be cleaned out. 

He had the dump trailer backed up to the opening in the wall and we both had a set of hand trucks. We couldn't manage to get it to move. So I put my feet against the wall and pushed as far as I could. I am 6'4" so that was quite a  ways. Then I laid my hand truck down and put the handle against the wall. With my feet against the wheels I pushed again. It slid out into the trailer. 

The freezer is locked and there is no key. I am a bit scared to open it. It has been sitting for about 45 years!

While we looked around the house I found a 1969 Charlotte observer page. 

n1.jpg  

n2.jpg

n3.jpg

n4.jpg

n5.jpg

n6.jpg

n7.jpg

Pretty neat stuff. 

We loaded some other stuff in the trailer then headed to my house to dump it in the field. 

We worked out a trade on some stuff and then he headed home. 

After I checked email, and answered some idiots questions that would have been answered if they had just read the danged ad, I went outside.

I started working on something I have threatened to do for a while. I gathered up scrap lumber, a couple of pallets, my cordless tools,and got started. All my batteries were dead. Arrrrrgh. 

I got my corded sawzall and drill and got to work. 

My cabinet builder grandfather would have a stroke if he saw the monstrosity I built. NO measuring. Just a bunch of screws and junk lumber. 

box.jpg

Heath came home about halfway through my build. 

After I gathered up all the pallet slats in the burn barrel and started them to smoking. 

Emily got home from her cousins house and went straight inside to get ready for work. 

Then I started working on cleaning out my parts building. It looks more like an annex of the city dump. 

Then it happened. My muscles started to cramp. It happens when I sweat too much and don't drink enough. I staggerede over to my chair and started pouring down water. 

That nice neat work area I had yesterday...

box2.jpg

Is not so neat now. Oh well. It is a work area. 

Emily came out and needed to go to work. So we went. 

On the way I got call from Steph. Christine had  rejected her serpentine belt and managed to slice the power cable to the alternator in half. She disconnected the battery and was on the side of the road. 

I dropped Emily off and then went back home to get  the tow bar. 

When I got there Sara and Heather ( my nieces) were there looking for Emily's old phone. They have a friend who wants to buy it. I didn't know where it was, but told them they were welcome to look.

I headed off to rescue the wife. Heath kept saying, "We have to rescue momma."

On the way there an ambulance was coming down the road. Heath started saying, "Someone got hurt." 

Kid is nothing if he ain't sharp. 

We hooked Christine up and dragged her home. Steph ordered pizza on the way in. It is the only thing that stops the cramps once they start. I think it is all the grease. Who knows, but is is a good excuse to eat pizza. 

The delivery driver pulled in just as we were unhooking Christine from BettyBlue. Great timing. 

While I was eating my foot cramped up so badly I had to have Steph come pull it to the side to get it to let go. 

Tomorrow is another day. More stuff to do. 

• olcowhand, Gtractor, MH81 and 2 others have said thanks