wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 16,250 Thanks
  • 8,966 posts

Posted February 15, 2017 - 08:03 PM

I am atoning for my misdeeds

human_spine_vertebrae_anatomy_illustrati

Not much going on the past two days other than being sore. 

I did go out and look at the Volvo wagon. It appears to only need a radiator. So I will hunt one down.

I also went out and hung Steph's rabbit slaughtering things up for her. 

Other than that I have been in my recliner. 

• olcowhand, Gtractor, Craig. and 1 other said thanks

#4457 TAHOE ONLINE  

TAHOE
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 8,296 Thanks
  • 5,797 posts

Posted February 16, 2017 - 08:02 AM

I also went out and hung Steph's rabbit slaughtering things up for her. 

Do you hang the rabbits to gut them? I have found just laying them on a table and do them that way is much nicer than hanging them upside down, easier to get entrails out. I also dip the rabbit in water before I start, mats the fur and keeps it off the meat....and from flying in my mouth and nose. :smilewink:

• Craig. and oldedeeres have said thanks

#4458 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 16,250 Thanks
  • 8,966 posts

Posted February 16, 2017 - 02:42 PM

Do you hang the rabbits to gut them? I have found just laying them on a table and do them that way is much nicer than hanging them upside down, easier to get entrails out. I also dip the rabbit in water before I start, mats the fur and keeps it off the meat....and from flying in my mouth and nose. :smilewink:

She guts them hanging. She likes it better that way. I think she wets them first too. She is a bit out of practice now, but when she is rocking she can get a bunch of them done in short order. 

IN other news: I have not see the outdoor cat, Phantom, at all today. That means he gorged himself on rabbit guts and is laying in the weeds bloated like a balloon for the day. 

And I had no internet this morning. The momma rabbit in the office had escaped and chewed through the power cord for the modem. Always something.  

• Gtractor, Craig., KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#4459 TAHOE ONLINE  

TAHOE
  • Contributor
  • 8,296 Thanks
  • 5,797 posts

Posted February 16, 2017 - 03:04 PM

She guts them hanging. She likes it better that way. I think she wets them first too. She is a bit out of practice now, but when she is rocking she can get a bunch of them done in short order. 

It is easier on the back not leaning over. I did 5 right before thanksgiving and sold to a friend. I bred so we would have Christmas bunnies but new momma lost them all, seems I never get a littler on the first try out of young does. Gonna try again to have rabbits born 2nd week of April, that puts them at perfect size for 4H/fair market animals in July.

Edited by TAHOE, February 16, 2017 - 03:05 PM.

• Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#4460 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 16,250 Thanks
  • 8,966 posts

Posted February 17, 2017 - 12:27 PM

Yesterday I took Emily around to some appointments and then posted some ads

remove-old-coffee-stains-carpet_e780f8ed

Edited by UncleWillie, February 17, 2017 - 12:27 PM.

• Craig. said thank you

#4461 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 40,843 Thanks
  • 47,077 posts

Posted February 17, 2017 - 02:59 PM

That sounds like a dull day!

• Craig. said thank you

#4462 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 42,885 Thanks
  • 31,934 posts

Posted February 17, 2017 - 05:51 PM

Wow Willie...about the shortest daily update post you've ever made!  Hope you're feeling decent.

• Craig. and oldedeeres have said thanks

#4463 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 16,250 Thanks
  • 8,966 posts

Posted February 17, 2017 - 06:54 PM

Wow Willie...about the shortest daily update post you've ever made!  Hope you're feeling decent.

I only had a few minutes this morning to post and I forgot to last night. 

Steph came home with strep last night. Fun fun. 

This morning I got up late and rushed Heath on the bus. When I got to the bus I realized he didn't have a lunch. Steph usually fixed it. I called the school and told them to give him a school lunch. 

I came in and finished getting dressed. 

b367c6e7aa0c5990629c069b2a4e74c7.jpg

Skye escaped from her cage and decided to sit in the food container. 

skye.png

Then I went out and played automotive Tetris until I had the Kia Rio freed up and on the tow dolly. 

Steph had a doctors appointment. 

After a drive around Crowder's Mountain.

16807003_10155156421714739_8269275431659

(That piece of property is for sale. Great view.)

I swapped the Kia for  Nissan Maxima. 

And then Headed home. 

I came in for a minute and then Graham showed up with a load of scrap metal. Eh did n't know where the scrap yard was in Shelby and wanted me to go with him. I told him if I did he had to help me haul off trash. 

So we left. He had no clue what to even do at the scrap yard. What was surprising was his little stepside S10 had 1000 pounds of scrap on it. 

We got back home (just as Heath's bus arrived)  and loaded up 2 months worth of trash!!. I didn't realize it had been that long since we managed to go. It filled up both BettyBlue and the little trailer. 

The road to the dump has a railroad trestle that goes over it and the road narrows down to one and a half lane under it as it goes around a 90 degree turn. On the way back I slowed for the bridge and a Domino's delivery driver came flying around. I nearly hit her right in the drivers door. She never slowed down. 

I called Domino's and the guy sounded like he got many complaints about her before. Had I hit her she would not have survived. 

We got back home and Graham had to leave.

I played some more automotive tetris and put things back where I moved them from this morning. 

When I was unloaded the Nissan off the tow dolly Heath was sitting in the passengers seat. Since the car has a bad transmission I was pushing it with one foot while sitting in the drivers seat. Just as I got it moving Heath stuck it in park. My left ankle cracked. I don't know what happened, but there is no swelling, but it feels like someone drove a nail in my ankle. 

Steph came out and we hooked BettyBlue back to the dolly and pulled it out from under the Nissan. Then I rolled if out of the way. 

I staggered in and sat down. 

I am still fielding phone calls from idiots. Every ad I post had a link to the video of the vehicle I am selling. People call, email, text, and IM me asking questions that would be answered if they would just watch the danged videos. When I ask me if they watched it I frequently get the reply," Why don't you just answer my question?" I tell them that I already did. What I really want to do is set up an appointment and slap them in the head when they show up. 

Things are settling down for the night. Steph's meds have her feeling a bit better. I plan on an extra glass of whiskey tonight to ward off the streps. 

• olcowhand, Gtractor, MH81 and 3 others have said thanks

#4464 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 16,250 Thanks
  • 8,966 posts

Posted February 18, 2017 - 08:07 PM

Some days just work out. 

This morning I got to sleep in a bit. Then the phone started going nuts. 

Heath was already up and working on destroying the house. So Steph and I got up. Almost as soon as we did Heath went outside. We watch him out the windows and he has a ball. 

fan_mugs.jpg

One guy wanted to come pick up a tractor that he looked at 8 months ago. I still had it so I told him to come on. 

Steph was feeling better so she came outside with me. We hooked the 242 to the mobile crane and then went down the hill to pick up the TroyBilt to bring it up. When the guy showed up it was a simple matter of backing up to his truck and unstrapping it. 

Then we moved an oil drum and moved the trailer full of trash cans back to where it belongs. 

Scott, my good neighbor, came over to see what I had hauled in that he might be interested in. Somehow while talking to him I turned the wrong way and it felt like someone shot me. After he left I came in side to sit a bit. Almost as soon as I sat down the pain went away. It was odd.

Then we got busy putting the new hood vent in.

I don't know if I ever mentioned why we bought one. Heath and Emily are sharing a bedroom. As you can imaging it is fun at times. In order to get my old office cleaned out many things have to be shuffled around the house.  In order to begin the shuffle the massive hood vent that was in the house ( that was a foot and a half wider than the stove) had to go so the upright freezer could be moved. 

We pulled the old hood vent out and got the new one into position. Immiedately I knew we had a problem the vent pipe hooks directly to the middle of the fan. So the new one was offset by about 9 inches or so. And the new one did not come with the flange to hook to the pipe. 

Steph, Heath, and I headed down to Ace hardware. They had nothing even close. 

At Lowe's they had 4, 6 and 8 inch ducting. I had 5 inch. I I decided to make it work. I got a 6 inch flange and a roll of aluminum tape. 

Back home I cut the shelves to get the ducting in. It is ugly, but I got ti to fit. Then I cut the flange so I could flute it down and used the tape to attach it to the existing ductwork.

Finally it was installed and tested. No air leaks anywhere. 

16807827_10155160038654739_5962152055446

I left Steph and Emily to clean up the aftermath and I went to sit down. 

After a bit Steph left for Wal-Mart. 

While she was gone Sam and his brother Nehimiah (or however it is spelled) arrived. He had tried to clean his gun by himself. He got it apart and had no idea how to put it back together. He had it in a ziploc bag. 

I looked at it and it was filthy. I gave him my cleaning kit and told him to get at it. 

While he was cleaning, Tyler showed up with his rifle. 

I sent Steph a text that we had 3 more for dinner. f

After a bit this was my living room.

16806794_10155160002579739_7668568322418

While they were cleaning my old neighbor Jesse came by. He moved to the beach. We had a good visit and he showed me his new AR-15. I tried to steal it. He didn't let me. I did manage do drool on it a bit. He headed off to the beach again. 

Instead of just reassembling the boys guns,  I made them put them back together. Tyler has a Marlin 60. A drunk could reassemble it in a tornado during a blackout. Once he got the main spring figured out he was done. Sam has a Ruger 10/22. It took him an hour and a half to figure out who to put the bolt back in. Then I had to figure out where all the pins he took out went. Finally it was in one piece again.

Steph cooked a ton of sloppy joes and everyone pigged out. 

Tomorrow we have to shuffle some more stuff and hopefully get the office cleared out. That remains to be seen. 

• olcowhand, Gtractor, Craig. and 2 others have said thanks

#4465 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 16,250 Thanks
  • 8,966 posts

Posted February 19, 2017 - 06:17 PM

Well, much got done, just not what I was expecting.

We slept in a bit then got up and almost immediately went outside. 

Digger-Mug-coffee-cup.jpg

Steph wanted to clean up around the rabbit pens and I wanted to burn off the grass in my work area so I could find everything that got lost there. 

While we were getting started Emily left for work in Christine. 

First an engine had to be moved. It was the old engine out of Spooky. It still has good parts so I am not going to scrap it just yet. So the 242 got started up and put in position at the engine. Then it got straps put on it and Heath got started jacking it up. 

Tim saw us outside while he was driving past and came to harass us. We talked a bit then he left. 

The engine got moved, Steph started shoveling rabbit poop, I started burning, and Heath started running around like a madman. 

As soon as I finished burning ( I found the oil pan off of Spooky's old engine and lots of other odd things) Tim came in the driveway on his tractor. 

When I fixed his computer he said he would come push the burn pile up for me. Steph asked him if he would scoop rabbit poop while he was there. He said he would. 

So Steph and I moved rabbit cages. Tim pushed the pile up, then started poop scooping. He had problems getting under the dead plum tree, so he knocked it down, 

16681570_10155162349149739_8986087971834

and carted it off to the burn pile. 

Then he finished up the rabbit area.

He was really just in need of some tractor therapy so he knocked down an old stump while he was at it. 

He wanted to look at the Sportage so we shuffled cars with the tractor and got it out. We stuck the garden hose in the radiator and started it. It gushes water out the back of the head. there appears to be a gasket back there on some sort of plate that is bolted to the head. Since I don't have an eye on my index finger I can't really tell. 

After he collected some engines that we traded for about a year ago and he never picked up he headed home. 

There is a chance I will be buying the tractor from him. We are going to have to work out payments on it. He has two other loaders so he really doesn't need that one. 

Steph and I put the rabbit pens back where they belonged. Heath and I took a leisurely cruise around the property on the 242. He loves driving it. 

Once he was tired of that I parked in the carport and called it a day. 

Heath stayed outside when we came in. He had discovered a box of toys in Steph's building that was supposed to go to Goodwill. He stayed out there for an hour and a half.

Steph left for the store with Heath after a bit. I stayed home and sat in my recliner.

Edited by UncleWillie, February 19, 2017 - 06:18 PM.

• olcowhand, KennyP and oldedeeres have said thanks

#4466 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 42,885 Thanks
  • 31,934 posts

Posted February 19, 2017 - 06:50 PM

That 4WD Ford tractor would be invaluable to you guys Willie!  Hope you can get it, as it would sure do all your heavy lifting around your place instead of risking more injury to you.

• MH81 said thank you

#4467 larrybl ONLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 415
  • 7,449 Thanks
  • 4,570 posts

Posted February 19, 2017 - 07:00 PM

:ditto:  :ditto:  :ditto: 

#4468 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 40,843 Thanks
  • 47,077 posts

Posted February 19, 2017 - 07:18 PM

And more :ditto:

#4469 oldedeeres OFFLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 10,483 Thanks
  • 5,093 posts

Posted February 19, 2017 - 08:16 PM

:iagree:         :ditto:

#4470 TAHOE ONLINE  

TAHOE
  • Contributor
  • 8,296 Thanks
  • 5,797 posts

Posted February 20, 2017 - 08:03 AM

That 4WD Ford tractor would be invaluable to you guys Willie!

...and you'll get plenty of experience working on it. :poke: :poke: :D :D :D

• dropped82 and UncleWillie have said thanks