#4426 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

HAZMAT CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 13,966 Thanks
  • 9,998 posts

Posted February 02, 2017 - 08:22 PM

Shouldn't you try to ease the new washer into it's new duties, rather than try to kill it with the very first load ran thru it?

Edited by Cat385B, February 02, 2017 - 08:25 PM.

• olcowhand, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#4427 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 15,660 Thanks
  • 8,758 posts

Posted February 02, 2017 - 08:29 PM

Shouldn't you try to ease the new washer into it's new duties, rather than try to kill it with the very first load ran thru it?

I find if you send them a clear message right off the bat it lets them know you mean business. 

• Craig., KennyP and oldedeeres have said thanks

#4428 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 41,052 Thanks
  • 31,392 posts

Posted February 02, 2017 - 08:31 PM

Why'd ya edit out the "nekkid" remark?  Twas funny!  :D

• Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#4429 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

HAZMAT CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 13,966 Thanks
  • 9,998 posts

Posted February 02, 2017 - 09:08 PM

Why'd ya edit out the "nekkid" remark? Twas funny! :D

I's having trouble with my editing abilities!
  • olcowhand and Craig. have said thanks

#4430 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 15,660 Thanks
  • 8,758 posts

Posted February 04, 2017 - 07:21 PM

cute_hibernating_bear_with_zzz_s_coffee_

After 47 hours of being awake and 2 weeks of lousy sleep prior to that, I slept for 17 hours straight. 

I woke up and everyone was gone. So were both trucks. 

Tim and I were going down to get Ben's 1964 Ford 2000 tractor from where it had been sitting for 10 years. So I took the JollyGreenGiant and drove to Tim's house at 20 mph in 2nd gear. 

When I got there he was just getting things going. He had lost the front part he was going to have a winch fairlead welded to. So he decided to just weld the fairlead to the trailer temporarily. 

His 7 year old grandson drove me around the field on the John Deer Gator while Tim's son was getting ready to weld. When we got back the Gaston County DA was there. He is an old friend of Tim's. Nice guy.

Once things were welded on and the trailer was hooked to Tim's truck we left.

When we got to the house the tractor was at we pulled Tim's little gas power air compressor to the tractor, and realized we didn't have an air chuck.

Steph was back home so we called her and had her bring one.

Once the tires were aired up we winched it up and headed over to Ben's house. We dropped the tractor and then went to Tim's.

I tried to get his little Chrome book hooked to his printer. I couldn't. I called my dad, who owns a computer repair company, and found out it took an act of God to do it. Tim bought a laptop from my dad.

I came home and Steph had chili cooked. I ate two bowls.

I am almost ready to go back to bed again.  

• olcowhand, MH81, Craig. and 2 others have said thanks

#4431 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 38,242 Thanks
  • 45,869 posts

Posted February 04, 2017 - 07:33 PM

Glad you got some rest!

• Craig. said thank you

#4432 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 15,660 Thanks
  • 8,758 posts

Posted February 05, 2017 - 08:02 PM

Well, that didn't go as planned. 

I didn't sleep well last night and as a result I was dragging all day. I wish I could get my sleep straightened back out. 

gotcha.jpg

Today I just should have stayed home. I didn't. 

The washer we bought stopped draining and was smelling when it went into a spin cycle. So I called the guy. He said bring it back and swap it. 

So we loaded it up, and hooked up the tow dolly, and headed out. 

With a new washer on board we headed up to Charlotte. I told the guy I would be there at three. Then I told him when I was 20 minutes away. Then when we were sitting in front of the house. He showed up 30 minutes later. I should have just left. I didn't. 

The car was a little Saturn 4 door. Any other time I would have checked under the hood. I didn't.  The car sat level so I didn't even think about it. 

We got home and unloaded the Saturn. For whatever reason I decided to open the hood. There was no engine. There is a bunch of crap where the engine should be, but no engine. How it didn't fall out on the way back I have no idea. He got me good. 

The new washer came in. I sat down. 

I will be in bed in about 15 more minutes I think. 

• olcowhand, Gtractor, Craig. and 2 others have said thanks

#4433 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 41,052 Thanks
  • 31,392 posts

Posted February 05, 2017 - 08:03 PM

Sorry you had another bad day Willie.  Hope things improve.

• Craig. said thank you

#4434 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 15,660 Thanks
  • 8,758 posts

Posted February 06, 2017 - 09:01 PM

It was Monday.

This morning at 735 Heath came in the bedroom and woke me up. He was supposed to be on the bus at 715. I checked my phone and found that Heath had turned off the alarm for Monday when he was playing with it. 

As soon as I was up a guy called and wanted to address to come look at the Cavalier. He was coming from Virginia. I had a few hours.

So  I got him dressed and we left. I got behind some woman who drove 20 mph all the way there. He was late. On the reason for him being tardy I put, "Slow People".

I got home and 

116131-Waiting-For-My-Coffee.jpg

I sat in my recliner for a while and returned the 400000000000000000 emails I got over night.

I got hungry and warmed up the leftover lasagna. No sooner did I sit down than there was a knock at the door. The guy was here at 9. He must have had it in the wind coming down. 

He bought the car and left. I came in.

I sat took both dogs out and put them on their chains. I sat down to read some stuff. I fell asleep. It is amazing what happens when the dogs aren't pestering me every 20 seconds.

I heard an engine and looked out the window. I saw yellow. OOPS it was Heath coming home. I ran out to the bus as she prepared to pull away. 

Heath came off the bus like a rocket and ran straight to the Saturn. The hood was open. I opened it this morning to get the battery terminal bolts off it to put on the Cavalier because we stole them to put on a different car. 

He left his book bag on the bus. The driver had another kid give it to me.

I had to go lock the Saturn up because it had glass on the dash. I had glass in my fingers last night after steering it off the tow dolly. I didn't want to have to probe at Heath fingers with a knife. 

We goofed off out back a while. 

Heath found a lighter and told me we had to light the burn barrel. So I did. Kid is a fire bug. 

When Emily got home i left to go to Charlotte. I had a car I was supposed to pick up. The woman got off work at 6 so I went on up to wait for her to contact me. I was going to go to the junk yard, but the closed before I got there. I went to Northern Tool instead. 

I got a battery charger, a spare tire for the tow dolly, and a ratcheting breaker bar. 

Then I went outside. 

I got my phone out to send her a text and realized I had a problem. This weekend I had to do a factory reset on both my phone and tablet. I lost all my text messages. 

I drove around till I found a WiFi signal and got on my tablet and went to Verizon's website to try to find the numbers that had texted me. Unfortunately it only went to January 3. Dangit. So I decided to sit and wait to see if she contacted me. She didn't. 

I waited til 7 just to see if she would. I got a burger at Jack in the Box. 

At 7 I headed home. At least I had a couple of hours to myself while I waited. 

• Gtractor, MH81, KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#4435 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 15,660 Thanks
  • 8,758 posts

Posted February 07, 2017 - 09:51 PM

Whew.

This morning at 7:24 I got a phone call. I looked at the phone and thought it was Tim Leonhardt I only read the last name. I had a desperate need for the bathroom so I dismissed the call and ran. I didn't think he wanted to hear that. I had sat the phone on the sink. I got a text. Tim doesn't text. It was his daughter in law asking if the bus had run. It was coming past the house. Then it dawned on me I had overslept - again.

I hurried around and got Heath up and dressed then we hustled down to the school and I deposited Heath. 

I don't know what he did to my phone, but the alarm is set. It just didn't go off.  :mad2:

I came back home

more_coffee_youre_blurry_funny_mug_or_tr
and checked my email. Next thing I knew it was 1030. I had to get going. 

I got a new GPS yesterday. Amazon got it here in 3 days. I knew where I was going, but I wanted to find out how it worked. So I hooked it up and put in the address for LKQ Charlotte. 

I only got a mile down the road before I realized I didn't have my wallet. Once I had that I was off again. 

The drive up was completely uneventful. 

After taking out many screws and bolts I had a wheel barrow full of stuff. 

16473085_10155123436869739_8950043171638

That is a Cadillac Escalade center console, and two GMT400 headlights. When I got home last night I tried to adjust my headlights. They didn't adjust. 

I also got this

16473102_10155123456889739_3862617352388

A highly desirable Escalade 120 MPH speedo. Why? because I can. Plus if I ever decide to drive 7000 pounds of Suburban at high speeds I can keep track.  :D

I headed home. 

Almost as soon as I got on 85 south a silver Toyota came past me. I was going 65. He left me like I was backing up.  His tags were blacked out so I couldn't get them. I did call it in to the highway patrol. IN about 3 minutes there were cops everywhere. 

About 4 miles later I saw lots of blue lights and red lights on the north bound side. There was some kind of incident.  (I just did some searching and found this.)

I stopped at Harbor Freight and grabbed some gloves and some socket drive adapters.

I got home and tinkered around a bit. I unloaded all my junkyard goodies.

Heath got home and immediately went bonkers in the yard. 

After a bit we came in and I got in the shower. 

As soon as I got out Emily got home. I told her to get ready and we had to leave to go to the eye doctor. 

Just as we got there I noticed the oil pressure on BettyBlue dropped to 0. I had run her pretty hard for a couple of days so I wasn't suprised. She drinks a bit when she works hard. 

We got the Americas Best with no problems and went in to get exammmmenined. It turned out that  Emily's prescription from AZ was still good. All she needed was for them to contact AZ and get it faxed in. 

Steph came in from work and met us. I asked her to go buy some 30wt oil while I was seeing the doc. She went to Target. 

The doc gave me terrible news. He said a nasty word to me - bifocals. Oh well. 

We went out and Steph gave me the oil She got 5w30. Stuff is like water. I poured in both quarts and we drove to Oriellys. I got some real oil and a bottle of Lucas and poured it in. 

Then we went to Passion Grill. I had crawfish, shrimp, frog legs, chicken, egg rolls, egg drop soup, hot and sour soup, and lots of other stuff for dinner. I am stuffed. 

​Emily took Christine and headed home. Steph, Heath, and I went to Walmart. I was out of coffee!!! :oh_shucks: 

When we arrived the cops were there sorting something out in the parking lot. It was starting to rain so we went on in. 

I got the big can of coffee this time. 

It rained most of the way home. 

Tomorrow Sam is supposed to come help me get some stuff cleaned up - if it doesn't rain. 

• Gtractor, Craig., KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#4436 oldedeeres ONLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 9,450 Thanks
  • 4,749 posts

Posted February 07, 2017 - 11:35 PM

Once you get used to them bifocals are good. It's the trifocals I'm using now that have me searching for the right bit to look through.
  • DougT, Craig., KennyP and 3 others have said thanks

#4437 SimplyRad OFFLINE  

SimplyRad
  • Member No: 84410
  • 1,092 Thanks
  • 835 posts

Posted February 08, 2017 - 11:07 AM

I went the extra $ and got progressive lens. Had trifocals once and didn't particular care for them.

#4438 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 15,660 Thanks
  • 8,758 posts

Posted February 08, 2017 - 05:19 PM

I went the extra $ and got progressive lens. Had trifocals once and didn't particular care for them.

I got the progressive as well. 

• oldedeeres said thank you

#4439 29 Chev ONLINE  

29 Chev

A Little Off Plumb

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 63590
  • 8,553 Thanks
  • 2,822 posts

Posted February 08, 2017 - 06:39 PM

Hope the progressive work out better for you than they did for me - I tried them for a week and every time I turned my head it felt like the room was spinning so I went with the bifocals - good luck with them.  There are worse words he could have used like cataracts.  :D

• oldedeeres said thank you

#4440 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 15,660 Thanks
  • 8,758 posts

Posted February 08, 2017 - 06:40 PM

I am tired.

This morning it was Emily's turn to miss her bus. SO I told her we would leave as soon as Heath's bus left. And so we did. 

working.jpg

I had a two cups of coffe and had poured a third on my way there. When we got close to her school I picked the cup up out of the cup holder, and my hand decided it didn't want to hold it. I dumped it right in my lap. Fortunately it had cooled down. I got to drive home with squishy pants. 

I came in and put my PJ pants on and tossed a load of laundry in the machine. 

Sam sent me a text that he was on the way. He showed up in 15 minutes. 

I got on work clothes and we went out.

The 242 didn't have a hitch ball on it ( my neighbor needed one). Spooky however did. Problem was that it is hard to get a bumper ball off of a 88-98 GM truck bumper if it has a receiver hitch on it. And the hitch had been on there since 1988 I think. It took us about 20 minutes to get it off. I cleaned it up on the wire wheel andin 5 minutes we were in business. 

We hooked the mobile crane to the 242 and drove to BettyBlue to air up the flat tire. Once the tire was full the JD refused to restart. The fuel filter was full, but nothing was coming out of the pump. 

We went to Walmart and they didn't have any mower filters. They did have an outboard filter so I got one. 

When we tried to put it on it was waaaaay to big. So I gave Sam some assignments and I left for  Ace Hardware. 

This filter fit. The old one was so plugged up it didn't even drain out when I took it off.

Then it would not draw fuel. Sam poured a little in and it fired right up. 

Then we got to work. Many things got moved and put up and raked. I put a tail light on Sam's van where he had an close encounter with a tree. 

Several hours later we were sitting down for a break with the burn barrel smoking away. Graham saw the smoke and brought all his boxes over. 

The sun visor vanity mirror light was staying on in Graham's truck. Since we have another visor for it I just mangled the one that was in there to get it to go off. 

While I was doing that Heath's bus came. 

I gave Sam some more jobs to do and Heath and I left to go get Emily. She had to be at work before he bus would have got her home. 

After I got her I found out her boss had changed her start time to 430 instead of 4. Since I had extra time we stopped at the the tire shop and dropped off the trailer rim with the bad tire and the new tire I bought. He wasn't there so I left a business card on them and went home. I knew he would figure it out. 

I got home and Graham brought his wife's car over to change the oil. Heath played with every button on it.

With that done Sam left to take Emily to work and to bring back some sub sammiches. 

Graham and I were still talking. After a bit I came in the house to get Heath so we could leave. 

I came in and yelled to ask if he had his boots on. He said yes. I said lets go. He came running out wearing nothing but his boots. He at least answered truthfully. Turns out I asked the wrong question. 

Heath and I left. ON the way we passed a car with a mangled front end and a broken rear glass sitting next to what used to be 6 mailboxes on one stand. I asked if they were OK and the woman who owned the house was standing there behind her truck where I couldn't see her. 

At the tire shop Heath immediately went nuts. I think he likes it more than the playground. 

Tony had to leave again to run to the other shop. I waited.

He got back and wrestled with Heath a bit then we headed home. 

On the way back the cops were at the wreck. I noticed that the marks in the grass went all the way to the house. And there were several mailboxes down past the house. Looked like the gal hit everything but the lottery. 

I am worn out, but the yard looks much better. 

• olcowhand, Gtractor, KennyP and 1 other said thanks