Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 415
  • 7,449 Thanks
  • 4,570 posts

Posted January 28, 2017 - 09:43 PM

I dread the day I clean my shop, Only been in here 2-3 years but I think I'll need a rent-a-dumpster when I do decide to clean it.

• Alc and Craig. have said thanks

#4412 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 16,250 Thanks
  • 8,966 posts

Posted January 29, 2017 - 01:54 PM

Ok I am done already.

Last night I had to resort to muscle relaxers and pain meds. Still didn't sleep all that good. 

This morning I creaked and groaned into a vertical position and stomped around like Frankenstein for a while. 

bee.jpg

First I went out and hopped on the 242 and mowed as low as it would go around the burn pile. Then we ran the hose out to it. And the hose broke. The end that attaches to the hose bib came apart. So we had to stop. 

Steph took Emily to work and stopped to get a connector. 

I started cleaning up more stuff from the tent building.

When she got back I fixed the hose and sprayed around the burn pile good. Then

Put on your best Andy Gibbs falsetto and sing along, " I started a fire...."

16299043_10155095807259739_7628875734465

I didn't get a pick when it was roaring because my smart phone went stupid. 

Then we moved, and raked, and shoveled, and loaded all the crap that was under and beside the tent building. I had put down several sheets of messed up OSB then put a huge sign tarp over them. The osb was slowly becoming one with the ground. 

Finally it was all raked and shoveled and checked over. I backed BettyBlue down inside the tent frame and took all the self drilling screws out that I had put in to hold it together. Heath took the screws out of my hand and put them in a coffee can. 

Once everything was unscrewed and unbolted the frame came down. 

16425752_10155095807124739_7450458717461

My back was screaming when I got that far. It looks worse than ever out there, but I know we made huge progress. 

Tomorrow I have to get out and do more cleaning if I can bend. 

• olcowhand, Craig., KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#4413 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 16,250 Thanks
  • 8,966 posts

Posted January 30, 2017 - 06:00 PM

Little easier day today.

beer-coffee-infographic.jpg

totally has nothing to do with today, but it was funny.

This morning I got up and got Heath dressed. Once he was on the bus I started scrubbing the bathroom and waited for the sun to cook off the frost. 

I ran up to a discount store to get a scrub brush. I couldn't f ind ours anywhere. I am sure Steph put it somewhere that made sense to her. 

The battery in BettyBlue was dead. After a long search for the keys to the JollyGreenGiant I got BB jump started and got on my way to Lincolnton where I bought a scrub brush. I got home and finished scrubbing and then waited for the sun.

While I waited for that I got a message from a gal I have not seen in years about fixing her daughters car. I told her it would have to be tomorrow. I was still not bending properly.

Once things warmed up I went outside. 

I checked to make sure the alternator was working properly and that the battery was not bad. They tested as good so I turned my attention to the formerly mobile crane. It had be un-mobilized and installed in the short lived MaxHeadroox Explorer.

Once I got the wheels back on it I decided it would be a good time to put the hitch coupler on it. I had the coupler hanging on the wall of the shop for about 3 years now.

I had to cut the garden tractor style pin hitch off the crane then I installed the coupler. It wasn't quite big enough to go on the tongue, but a big hammer made it work. 

After going through every drill bit in the box I finally found some that were actually sharp and got the coupler bolted on. 

Heath got home and ran like a wild animal around the yard. 

I spent some time organizing the tools in my truck. Somehow out of three tool kits I only have one 10mm. I swear there is a black market for them and thieves are stealing mine and making money on them. 

When that was done I came in. 

Emily got home and wanted to go look at a car a coworker was selling. It was a 2003 Dodge Neon. She said the gal wanted $300 for it. 

When we got there the gal said she wanted $800. The car has a check engine light on, a bad wheel bearing - I mean bad, broken motor mount, has been wrecked several times, and has no power at all. Even for $300 it would be a stretch to be worth it. When we got back in the truck I told Emily the bad news. 

We got back home and Steph was here. She had parked her tuck next to the JGG. I had her move it so I could park next to it in case I had to jump start BB again. 

I am tired, but not near as sore as I was yesterday. 

• olcowhand, Gtractor, Craig. and 1 other said thanks

#4414 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 16,250 Thanks
  • 8,966 posts

Posted January 31, 2017 - 08:07 PM

Hang on, it's about to get bumpy...

This morning I got Heath on his bus and came in for

s-l300.jpg

And the rest of the bowl of cereal Heath didn't eat.

I went outside and fired up the Cavi and got the Gantry crane pushed out of the way then backed the Cavi into Derelicts Row.

There was more stuff to pick up and I decided that BettyBlue was the best way to get it all picked up at once. I went around front and hopped in. She refused to start. I Tried roll starting it. Nope. I opened the hood and tried out my little jump box. It was dead. I tried to start it again and noticed that the positive cable was smoking a little. I figured the starter was going out. 

I got it pushed around back and up on a jack. Unfortunately, the starter is over the clutch slave cylinder. So I pulled it, but was fortunately able to keep the line on it. When I pulled the starter I noticed the power cable was burned. I went under the hood and look and it all looked good. I pulled it out. I found this.

16298651_10155102431884739_5369217526599

Why a previous owner thought it was a good idea to splice the cable with hose clamps and electrical tape I have no idea. I looked around an nothing had a suitable cable. I called Graham and told him I needed a rid to AutoZone. 

While I waited for him I decided to pull the alternator off the BlueOx and put it on BB. I was unsure if the other one was working properly. 

Graham came over and we left. I got a cable. We came home. 

I got the alternator, starter, and cable installed. It has not started so good since I bought it. 

Then I tossed stuff in the bed of BB and moved BB out of the way so I could bring the dogs out and chain them up. 

I did some more shuffling things around and about 12:45 I got hungry. I came in for some leftover Lasagna.

Steph sent me a text that her check was there and I needed to come pick it up and deposit it. Next month it will be a direct deposit. 

I tried to hustle up to her school. The guy in a Dodge Caravan in front of me had no hustle in him. I finally managed to get around him. 

In the road in  front of her school I found a basketball. I picked it up and carried it in with me. The secretary looked at me like I had two heads. I was only greasy, sweaty, smelly, and carrying sports equipment. 

I told her I was there to get Stephs check, she gave it to me. I left. (Steph said the secretary called and asked if she had just made a mistake. LOL)

I got to the bank and deposited the check, then hurried home. Heath's bus is supposed to be there at 2:45

I pulled in at 2:45.

My friend Michelle was here for me to work on her daughters car. She called me yesterday about it. I haven't seen her for about 12 years. I don't exactly think she recognized me.

It was 3 when the bus arrived.

I looked at the car and determined the leak was coming from the bottom.

I got Michelle's car up on ramps. (While I was doing that Emily's bus came and I didn't even realize it)The power steering leak was bad. The steering rack is pouring out. We came in to make some phone calls about parts prices. it will be better to scrap the car. I will let her discuss that with her daughter. 

We went back out for me to put the couple of pieces back on that I had to take off. 

Steph got home. 

For whatever reason,  Michelle had taken the keys out of her car. She lost them. We began to search for them. Michelle came in and looked on the couch. Steph came in and looked on the couch. I came in - they keys were on the couch. I have no idea how women find their heads.

Michelle left and Steph and I went to the tow dolly to put the washer on it that I left off the wheel bearing. When we got to it the bearing cap was missing. I didn't have another. I put the washer on and mangled the cotter pin in the process. So I left it till after a parts run. 

Steph wanted to go out to eat. I wanted to crawl under the couch and die. Steph won. 

We stopped by TSC and found a bearing cap and cotter pin. Then on to Fatz Cafe for dinner. 

We waited almost 15 minutes before we got our drinks. 45 minutes later our food had still not arrived. I started to leave when our food came out (and was wrong). I asked for a manager. Manager was a bit non committal about it, but said she would find out what went wrong. 20 minutes later we asked for our check and some boxes for leftovers. We got them. Grand total was $4.80 for my beer. It was another 15 minutes before they came to get the card. (She gave us the third excuse of the night) I only left a $5 tip. I thought that was extremely generous under the circumstances.

At least Heath had fun.

16298868_10155103205079739_7838504670487

I stopped and brought my good friend Evan Williams home. He was on clearance.

I am worn out. Tomorrow morning I have to get the dolly back together and go to Statesville to get a Kia SUV.

• olcowhand, Gtractor and KennyP have said thanks

#4415 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 40,843 Thanks
  • 47,077 posts

Posted February 01, 2017 - 05:43 AM

Nice ramps!

• UncleWillie said thank you

#4416 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

HAZMAT CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 14,366 Thanks
  • 10,136 posts

Posted February 01, 2017 - 12:12 PM

I left a waitress a penny tip once. She tried to give it back, saying a penny tip was insulting. I then had to explain what leaving a penny tip meant. In the lobby. In front of other employees and customers.

Charm school graduate I am not.
  • Gtractor, KennyP, UncleWillie and 1 other said thanks

#4417 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 16,250 Thanks
  • 8,966 posts

Posted February 01, 2017 - 12:18 PM

I left a waitress a penny tip once. She tried to give it back, saying a penny tip was insulting. I then had to explain what leaving a penny tip meant. In the lobby. In front of other employees and customers.

Charm school graduate I am not.

I thought hard about it.

• Cat385B said thank you

#4418 adamjd200 OFFLINE  

adamjd200
  • Member No: 39654
  • 2,094 Thanks
  • 2,207 posts

Posted February 01, 2017 - 12:20 PM

I have seen restaurants that figure the tip on the receipt, won't eat at any place that does this, I also hate wait staff that feel they are entitled to a tip, I tip according to service, period!
  • MH81, KennyP and oldedeeres have said thanks

#4419 camdigger OFFLINE  

camdigger
  • Member No: 70250
  • 811 Thanks
  • 276 posts

Posted February 01, 2017 - 12:55 PM

Hahahaha! I have had a few conversations with wait staff and others over tiny tips. My stance is that tips are a gratuity freely given for good service. A small tip indicates I am NOT grateful for the service I have received.
  • oldedeeres and toomanytoys84 have said thanks

#4420 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6172
  • 5,832 Thanks
  • 5,414 posts

Posted February 01, 2017 - 04:43 PM

I have learned not to eat out with people have not learned to simply order off the menu without chaos. It is a guaranteed way to get crappy service.

#4421 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 16,250 Thanks
  • 8,966 posts

Posted February 01, 2017 - 06:21 PM

It is only Wednesday, it feels like Tuesday after next.

This morning I begrudgingly opened my eyes and fell out of bed. 

anarchy_aint_no_rest_for_the_wicked_mug-

I got Heath on the bus and then had to get moving. 

I got the tow dolly reassembled, hooked it to my truck, and left. I had to get a car in Taylorsville. 

I needed change so I got off the interstate in Hickory. Everything was hopping at 830am breakfast crowds still. Surprisingly Krispy Kreme was empty so I shot thru the drive-thru, grabbed a dozen doughnuts, and headed on. 

I got the little Kia loaded up and headed off. 

I stopped at Northern Tool to grab a drum pump and a couple of other things, then by Home Depot to get a clear hose that would fit on the pump.

On the way home there was a thump from the tow dolly. I pulled over and checked it. Things looked fine. 

I pulled back out  on the interstate and saw this in the mirror.

16387176_10155104995669739_3309479381592

Tow dolly tire de-laminated. I went nice and slow the last 25 miles home. 

Almost there 

16298717_10155105028564739_6118655238954

Still holding. 

Finally home 16299017_10155105057224739_6591749222025

So out came the jack and off came the tire. 

I had a good tire on a bad rim, and a bad tire on a good rim. So they got tossed in the truck.

I assembled the drum pump and got to pumping. A hand pump is not going to get this done. I spent 45 minutes pumping out a 55 gallon drum. My shoulder is killing me. 

Heath got home and we got in the truck and left.

Down at the tire shop Heath immediately climbed up on the pile of old tires and got to playing. I harassed Tony till he got done. 

We got home and I put the tire on the dolly. Then I fixed the lid on the truck tool box. I made the mistake of sitting down in the truck bed. I didn't thing I was going to get back up. 

I finally dragged myself out of the truck and into the house. 

I did some searching for  a washer. No one is returning calls right now. I may have a line on a place tomorrow to go pick one up. Maybe. 

Steph wasn't quite home when Emily had to be at work. I call her and told her to meet us at Walmart. I dropped off Emily and picked up Steph. 

We drove down to an appliance store in Shelby, it was closed.

We went back to Walmart and got the groceries out of Christine. Emily can drive home.

On the way back to the house I got a call from my neighbor Ben. His shop was broke into last night. He stopped the guy, but the would be felon escaped in a small car. Most of the road has now been notified of it. 

Tomorrow I still have to find a washer and pick up two cars. I need a clone. 

• olcowhand, Gtractor and KennyP have said thanks

#4422 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

HAZMAT CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 14,366 Thanks
  • 10,136 posts

Posted February 01, 2017 - 08:43 PM

It is only Wednesday, it feels like Tuesday after next.

I need a clone. 

Can we get a second opinion on that before you run off and do something crazy?

images.jpg

Edited by Cat385B, February 01, 2017 - 08:46 PM.

• Alc and oldedeeres have said thanks

#4423 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 16,250 Thanks
  • 8,966 posts

Posted February 01, 2017 - 08:51 PM

images.jpg

I am don't have enough time to die. 

• KennyP and Cat385B have said thanks

#4424 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 29,978 Thanks
  • 29,758 posts

Posted February 02, 2017 - 12:37 AM

images.jpg

http://gardentractor...461#entry745461
  • Alc said thank you

#4425 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 16,250 Thanks
  • 8,966 posts

Posted February 02, 2017 - 07:27 PM

Another one.

This morning I reallllly wanted to go back to bed after I put Heath on the bus. It didn't happen. 

car_hauler_extraordinaire_coffee_mug-r79

Emily was home sick. 

I had to get moving and get to cars. 

At 9 I was in Clover SC. I had to get a Kia Sportage from a couple of gals who were selling it to pay for their wedding. You know how on TV all the lesbians are beautiful. These were not on TV. They were nice though. I think one could have beat me up. Fortunately, the Kia started and drove up on the dolly. 

On the way home I called a guy who had another car and made sure he still wanted me to come up. He did. I told him to text me an address. 

I got home and the battery on the Kia had died from running the flashers. it must have sat for a long time or it is a bad battery. I pulled the dolly out from under it and pushed it to the bushes in front of the house.

I came in and checked on Emily. She was still breathing. 

I did some searching for a washer and finally got the text with the address. I left. 

I stopped once for fuel and hot dogs.

At 11 I was sitting in front of a house in a very bad neighborhood in Charlotte. So bad that a cop went by every 5 minutes. The gal who lived there said they had really stepped up patrols since the last shooting!

I got a Suzuki Grand Vitara loaded up and headed home. The drive was uneventful. I did finally get a return call about a washer. We arranged to meet at 345. 

I got home and came in and sat down.

For about 3 minutes. 

My neighbor needed a radiator overflow bottle. I went out. He found one. Then he wanted to look at the Suzuki. We couldn't get it to start. I hooked up my scanner. It isn't showing anything so the computer is probably fried. 

Heath got home and we came in for a bit and watched Loony Tunes and ate cookies. 

At 320 we left. I went to the ATM. It told me I had exceeded my daily withdrawls. OOPs. I called Steph (who was on her way home) and told her to go to the bank then come to the guys shop. He had a couple of sets so she could pick out the one she wanted.

He and I talked. He showed me that the guy who owns the building makes these. I may go back and try to catch him there and see if I can get a couple cheap. They appeared to be sturdy and simply built. 

Steph showed up with cash and looked through the sets the guy had. She wanted one with an extra rinse. He only had one. It was the cheapest set he had. 

They got loaded on BettyBlue and we headed home. 

Once the washer and dryer were installed the laundry began. I decreed that my work clothes got washed first, because tomorrow I am going to have to go out nekked if some don't get done. 

We ordered pizza for dinner. Emily is still alive. She came in the room dancing to get pizza. I guess that means she feels better. 

• olcowhand, Gtractor, MH81 and 2 others have said thanks