• Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 16,265 Thanks
  • 8,977 posts

Posted January 03, 2017 - 08:05 PM

The ones here:
UncleWillie's PhotoUncleWillie
Yesterday, 01:23 PM
Rainy out here. Been sitting in my recliner listening to the Cherryville Shooters

http://www.cherryvil...story-Chant.php

You have to download it. Or do you want to hear the shooting?

Edited by UncleWillie, January 03, 2017 - 08:07 PM.

• Craig. said thank you

#4367 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 16,265 Thanks
  • 8,977 posts

Posted January 04, 2017 - 08:08 PM

At some point during the night a construction crew moved into my head. By morning they had filled my nose with cement, began drilling into my eyeballs, and were attempting to jackhammer through my forehead. I told Steph to have Emily put Heath on the bus. I rolled over an attempted to die. 

At 11 the pounding had subsided to a point where I was able to stand upright without my brain exploding. I staggered to the  kitchen and started a potsovereign_of_sinus_coffee_mug-r8e2e711d624543f094d1633a3484aa06_kfpv5_630.jpg

then went to the first aid tool box and found some benedryl. I also found a mystery medication that I had never seen before. I looked it up online and it was Mucinex. I put it aside for later.

I sat here and slowly one nostril opened. By 1 I was able to get air through my nose. I took the Mucinex. Evidently trying to breathe was hard work, because when my sinuses opened up I fell asleep.

I awakened to the sound of an engine. It was a familiar sound. Half asleep I looked at the time. It was 256. Heath's bus comes at 245. I jumped up and ran out barefooted. Fortunately ti was about 50 today. I am just glad I had pants on. 

The bus driver didn't even notice that I took forever getting out because one of the little darlings had messed up her seatbelt.  When I got out there the driver was wrestling the little darlings restraints. I got Heath unbuckled and entertained the kids by answering questions about our cat, Phantom. It was one less thing the driver had to worry about. 

I got back inside and was exhausted. I sat back down and got back into my book. Heath had Emily make him a PB&J. 

Steph had a meeting and got home at around 7. I didn't even realize how late it was. 

Hopefully tomorrow I can breathe, because I have stuff I need to do. 

• Gtractor, MH81, Craig. and 1 other said thanks

#4368 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 16,265 Thanks
  • 8,977 posts

Posted January 06, 2017 - 12:16 PM

Yesterday tried its best to be bad.

Emily and I had to go to social security yesterday.

brazil-coffee-good-day-600-78932.jpg

The clutch in BettyBlue started to misbehave. IN order to make it work I had to pump the crap out of it at times. I tried my best to not get stuck at red lights, but it was inevitable. Unfortunately BB will not start in gear with no clutch. IT just can't get turning fast enough None of the lights I got caught at were downhill. Once I would stop I immediately began to pump the clutch like it owed me money. Sometimes I would get pressure built up before the light turned green. Sometimes I would be sitting there blocking traffic until it got just enough pressure to go into gear, then to keep from stalling I had to floor it. Emily thought those starts were hilarious.

We got things taken care of as SS and then she wanted Chinese. We limped over to Dynasty Buffet. While we ate we had a long serious talk about some stuff that needed to be talked about.

I called Autozone and they said they had a Master Cylinder so we made our way there.

I didn't think we were going to be able to restart the truck. THere wasn't enough of a hill to roll start it and then it was in the valley of the parking lot where it was uphill either way. So I stuck it in reverse and tortured the starter and made it push the truck backwards into a parking spot. As soon as we got in the spot the stupid thing started. I had the brake on the floor while shutting it off. I left some interesting black marks. Nearly drove it through the store window.

I put it in first and the dang thing started. We were on our way. I ran two stop lights and a stop sign in the way home.

I came inside to change clothes. I found Sam's rifle on the couch so I knew he had been here.

I went back out to work on the truck.

Sam and his sister Sara showed up about 5 minutes later. Sam helped me. The girls went off to be silly - they wound up playing with the Cavalier in the field.

The MC bench bled, but once it was on the truck there was nothing. I also noticed the pedal was sitting high, but I didn't think much of it at the time.

I thought the MC was bad. So I pulled it off and Sam and I drove up to Lincolnton to get another one. We got home. The girls got back in the Cavi.

We got the new MC installed and tried to bleed it. NO joy.

Heath got home. The girls strapped him in the Cavi and drove him around too.

Steph got home.

I called a friend to bring me his vacuum bleeder. Still no joy. NO fluid would pull through the line.

I pulled the slave cylinder off and it felt mushy so I decided to try that.

I took Emily, Sam, and Sara for a crash around the field in the Cavi. Then we all loaded up in Sam's van and left.

While we were driving Sara asked if I would play Cards Against Humanity with them. I said I would. She called Tyler and asked him to bring it.

We also stopped by Wal-mart and got 2 pounds of ground beef. Steph had planned rabbit tacos, but not for 3 extra people. Going to the store with 3 teenagers is an interesting thing.

Back home in the dark I installed the part. Still it would not bleed.

I crawled under the dash with a flash light and saw something I did not see in the daylight without one. The clutch pedal wasn't a little high, it was nearly 6 inches high. It would not make contact with the start switch.

I decided to pack it in.

We came in. Steph had just finished up the Bunny and Beef tacos. They were good. Tyler showed up just in time to eat.

I did some searching on line and found that I had the wrong MC. I just thought the new one had a different reservoir. When I looked at the pictures of it it is made completely different. No one had one in stock so I was done.

After we ate the kids broke out the game. It is definitely NOT g rated. There was so much laughter I thought someone was going to lay an egg.

There was so much laughing it completely erased the frustration of not being able to get the truck fixed.

Emily left with them to go hiking today.

I went to bed last night feeling like I had a cactus in my right eye. I woke up with my eye glued shut.

Heath didn't make the bus. We are spending the day doing nothing - and eating B&B taco leftovers.

• Gtractor, MH81, Craig. and 1 other said thanks

#4369 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 16,265 Thanks
  • 8,977 posts

Posted January 06, 2017 - 07:16 PM

more.jpg

Steph was supposed to to go NAPA in Gastonia to get the parts for BB. She called me and said that the weather was going to be too bad. I figured if I told her to just go get them and something happened she would never let it go. So I told her to just come on home after work. 

She got here and I stuffed myself into Christine and headed to Gastonia. It didn't take me long to figure out that she had no fan in the truck. The switch we put in was broken. She didn't tell me. 

I got the parts for BB, but NAPA didn't have any switches. They are changing vendors and they are all still packed in crates. 

I drove up to Dallas NC and went to AutoZone and got a heavy duty push pull switch and installed it in the parking lot. I was able to clear the fog off the windshield on the way home. 

I got home and unfolded myself from the tiny truck.

I don't think the storm is going to be much. it has been too warm.  I did notice that the NCDOT did an awesome job of salting all the roads - before it rained for 5 hours. Nice to know that the drains won't freeze up. 

• olcowhand, Gtractor, MH81 and 3 others have said thanks

#4370 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

HAZMAT CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 14,376 Thanks
  • 10,145 posts

Posted January 06, 2017 - 11:28 PM

I like Cards Against Humanity. My FIL does not, especially after my 16 year old daughter won the evening edition back at Christmas.
  • Craig. and UncleWillie have said thanks

#4371 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 29,979 Thanks
  • 29,758 posts

Posted January 07, 2017 - 06:43 AM

CAH is a hoot to watch others playing too. But fair warning, it's the antithesis of PC.

Ryan was playing an online version a while back.
He wouldn't tell us what was so funny he had snot bubbles...
MUST have been bad.
  • Craig. and oldedeeres have said thanks

#4372 oldedeeres ONLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 10,494 Thanks
  • 5,099 posts

Posted January 07, 2017 - 11:32 AM

It's a board game, not cards, but we loved Trivial Pursuit. More funny/neat and revealing, stories came out of it as folks loosened up while playing. No intention of hijacking the thread, sorry.
  • MH81 and Craig. have said thanks

#4373 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 16,265 Thanks
  • 8,977 posts

Posted January 07, 2017 - 11:35 AM

It's a board game, not cards, but we loved Trivial Pursuit. More funny/neat and revealing, stories came out of it as folks loosened up while playing. No intention of hijacking the thread, sorry.

Trivial pursuit is a great game. Haven't played it in years.
  • Craig. and oldedeeres have said thanks

#4374 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 16,265 Thanks
  • 8,977 posts

Posted January 10, 2017 - 02:02 PM

Sunday Steph was finally able to go do laundry. She had the whole back of Christine filled up with it. 

Yesterday was fun.

Since it snowed schools were closed yesterday so Steph was off work. So she went to Heaths dental surgery with us. 

100aeecd172d5b0c0820a11683e1cec0.jpg

He got carted off and we sat in the room for about 3 hours. 

I finally had to get some air and went outside. I walked past his rooms window and heard him crying so I went back in. 

The Dentist and nurses were all buzzing around and he was screaming and wanted one of us. The dentist was going on and on about what terrible people we were without actually saying those words. After a while I had enough and told her to stop talking down to us. Steph was almost in tears. She kept on. I told her again. She kept on I again told her to stop it. I never raised my voice or was impolite, but I was tired of it. She left and didn't come back.

I sat on the bed and Heath curled up against my side and quieted down. We watched some cartoons and finally were discharged. 

We got home and he promptly ralphed all over his blanket.

He slept most of the day.

Steph took his blanket across the street to Grahams and Jenni's to wash.

Emily came back from her visit with her cousins.

A while later Tyler came by for me to look at his truck. It needs bushings on the steering box.

We ate Sloppy Joes with bacon in them. I highly recommend it. 

This morning Steph had to go into work. Teacher work day. Heath came in the bedroom shortly after she left, said two words to me then fell face first on her pillow and was out again. 

BettyBlue is still not fixed. Temps are supposed to be in the 50s and 60s the rest of the week so soon it will be running again. 

• olcowhand, Gtractor, Craig. and 2 others have said thanks

#4375 adamjd200 OFFLINE  

adamjd200
  • Member No: 39654
  • 2,094 Thanks
  • 2,207 posts

Posted January 10, 2017 - 04:04 PM

I always hated the dentist as a kid, but I don't remember anyone bad mouthing my parents because of it, kids are kids, society is definitely messed up when a parent is being blamed for thier kid being upset after having teeth worked on.
  • Craig. and WNYTractorTinkerer have said thanks

#4376 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 29,979 Thanks
  • 29,758 posts

Posted January 10, 2017 - 04:37 PM

Yup, you're terrible people.
You love your kids and put little else ahead of their happiness
You work hard each day you can and suffer health issues later because of it.
You have morals and treat you neighbor as you would have them treat you...
You're not just terrible, you're deplorable.

And that's HER problem, not yours.
  • olcowhand, Gtractor, Craig. and 3 others have said thanks

#4377 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 16,265 Thanks
  • 8,977 posts

Posted January 10, 2017 - 04:46 PM

I guess I need to let her try to work on her teeth without being sedated. After that battle she won't say a word about anything. 

The first dentist said he understood why it was so hard to brush his teeth after the fight he had with him. Too bad he wanted an arm and a leg to go any further. 

• olcowhand and Craig. have said thanks

#4378 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 16,265 Thanks
  • 8,977 posts

Posted January 12, 2017 - 07:17 PM

IT IS ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

225332dc0b64975373c28ac4d136e8dc.jpg

This morning - after 3 hours of sleep - I got up and put Heath on the bus, then went back to bed.

When I got up I messed around and answered a bunch of phone calls then at around 2pm I went outside. I told Emily to watch for the bus.

I looked at the damage to the tent building. It is a total loss. The canopy is split on the peak front end to end. Oh well. It lasted a while. 

I got the clutch master and slave cylinders installed just as the bus came. Then I had Emily come out and help me bleed them. I didn't think they were going to bleed down for a while then all at once there was movement in the bell housing. 

I came in and cleaned up.

I took a test drive down to Tim's house to return his bleeder and brake fluid. He was outside backing one of his trucks into another when I got there. OOps. 

After we talked a bit I came home. 

Then we put the car seat back in BettyBlue and I let Emily drive down to Autozone. She said the Chevy works just a bit different than the Toyota she drove in AZ. 

Once I returned all the wrong parts we came home. 

Steph worked a couple of extra hours to make up for Monday so she didn't feel like cooking. I ordered pizza. Now we have to see if the driver can find the house. IN spite of my super bright mailbox the last drive missed the house 4 times. 

• olcowhand, Gtractor, MH81 and 1 other said thanks

#4379 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 16,265 Thanks
  • 8,977 posts

Posted January 13, 2017 - 07:19 PM

Well today was....fun. 

This morning I got up and got Heath dressed and on the bus. Then I came back in for

coffeeBug.gif

A guy in Fort Mill , SC had a bunch of used gym mats he wanted to get rid of so I loaded up and headed that direction. 

When I got into Charlotte I got a call from Heaths teacher. They did a head check. He had lice - again. When we were in TN my brothers kids went to their aunts house and came back with lice. We all treated and washed and all that good stuff and thought we had it licked. NOPE. I called the doctor for some prescription strengths stuff. I am nearly 50 years old and have never had lice in my life. I have the ma now. Great Christmas gift huh?

So I picked up about 1000 pounds of gym mats then headed back to Heath's school. I stopped on the way in and got some spray stuff to put on the couch and everything else. 

Heath and I came home and waited on a guy to call about a truck. We waited all afternoon.

Steph called and said she was close to home I told her there was a prescription and asked if she wanted to get it or wanted me to. She said me. So Heath and I headed for the truck. And the guy called. 

I told Steph to go to the bank and then I would meet her to transfer the munchkin and she could go to the pharmacy. So we did. 

I headed up to Claremont. Things got loaded and hooked up and then I headed home. 

It is hard to see, but here is my blue Chevy truck with a hoodless riding mower in the bed towing a blue Chevy truck with a hoodless riding mower in the bed. 

15965585_10155042475459739_2889921408942

I came in and Steph had a bug zapper comb that she ran through my head. Nothing in my head, byut there was some in my beard. My beard got trimmed. I am now sitting with some goop in my hair that I have to go wash out on a few minutes. 

• olcowhand, Gtractor and KennyP have said thanks

#4380 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 10,927 Thanks
  • 6,384 posts

Posted January 13, 2017 - 07:28 PM

I didn't know they still did lice checks. My daughter never mentions it. I remember being in elementary school and them making us line up then sit in front of the nurse awhile she checked our hair.

I swear they did it once a month.
  • olcowhand said thank you