• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 6,925 Thanks
  • 4,993 posts

Posted December 25, 2016 - 11:51 PM

Merry Christmas to you too, Willie. Hope you're having a good time in TN.

• Craig. said thank you

#4353 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 15,660 Thanks
  • 8,758 posts

Posted December 27, 2016 - 10:25 AM

More family time yesterday. This time at my sisters house. Then my brothers family and mine went to a park to release the monkeys.
  • MH81, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#4354 oldedeeres ONLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 9,450 Thanks
  • 4,749 posts

Posted December 27, 2016 - 11:09 AM

Good plan! Seems that at every family gathering all concerned need a breather now and again. The park is a great idea.
  • MH81 and Craig. have said thanks

#4355 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 15,660 Thanks
  • 8,758 posts

Posted December 28, 2016 - 05:00 PM

Enjoying another day doing nothing. Jared, Steph, and I took Carmel, Gunner, and Jack for a walk. Steph and Andy's girlfriend went to Walmart.
  • olcowhand, MH81, Craig. and 1 other said thanks

#4356 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 38,242 Thanks
  • 45,869 posts

Posted December 28, 2016 - 05:29 PM

Enjoy that time of rest! You know what awaits when you get home!

• Craig. said thank you

#4357 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 15,660 Thanks
  • 8,758 posts

Posted December 29, 2016 - 10:41 PM

Halfway home. We decided to stop for the night.
  • olcowhand, MH81, Craig. and 1 other said thanks

#4358 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 15,660 Thanks
  • 8,758 posts

Posted December 30, 2016 - 05:31 PM

Tn was fun, but I am glad to be home. 

spike_the_mugger___coffee_theft_by_nudge

Brief recap since I am at a real keyboard. Hang on. 

The trip to TN was pretty uneventful. We towed Christine behind BettyBlue so we had enough seats to get everyone home. At the bottom of the mountains we stopped an unhooked and Steph drove to the TN welcome station then we hooked back up. I didn't see any reason to put any more strain on BB than needed. 

We got to the Exit before my brothers house and the lights on Christine had died. So we tried to pull start it. It wouldn't start. I hooked up my little jump box and we tried it again. It started. It was so dead it wouldn't pull start. After it was running I unhooked the tow bar and tossed it in my bed. Then we went on. 

The next day my brother wanted us to go to work with him. The girls were all gone so we went. I was glad we did. 

This is the Glen Raven. It is over 200 years old and was built by prison labor. At one time it was the largest property in Robertson County TN. It is huge.

ch9.jpg  ch10.jpg

So huge I had to take 2 pics to get the whole back of the house. 

The pillars on all the entry ways are hand hewn local stone.

ch11.jpg

We worked in the attic - which was pretty dang impressive for an attic. This was a small part.

ch5.jpg

Jared did some wiring.
ch8.jpg

Heath had fun walking all around looking out of the huge windows
BettyBlue (with a broken 4 wheeler I got elected to go pick up) and my brothers Burb from the 4th floor attic.
ch6.jpg

Running up and down all those steps was killer. 

On Christmas day we all went to lunch with my parents at Shoney's. 

On Monday we went to my sisters house to open gifts. 

ch1.jpg

After that andy's family and mine went to the park. 

ch3.jpg

Jared decided to play dressup. 

ch4.jpg

Since Jared didn't fly  out till the 29th we hung around and did nothing for a couple of days. We visited with some friends and took the dogs for long walks. 

After Jared flew out we saddled up and headed east.

Emily got a call from her mom. It seems that Emily got pulled over in her moms car with expired tags in AZ. Her mom told her not to worry she would take care of it. She didn't Emily's license is revoked. I honestly think it was done as a screw you to her for leaving to come live with me. I am not sure how we are going to get that worked out.

We decided to get a room at around the halfway point so we stopped in Kingston, Tn at Motel 6.

This morning we goofed off till checkout time at 11, then went to the gas station in front of the hotel to fill up. Emily went in to pay and came out and said the hotel clerk had called and said she was calling the police if we didn't come back. She said they had our tag numbers so we shouldn't run. I had no idea what was going on. I filled up the truck and she and I went back up there. 

When I drove up there was a very unpleasant looking woman glaring at me. I asked what the problem was and she started yelling that I was driving too fast in the parking lot. I asked it that was why she called me back up there. She said we had stolen all the linens. I was floored. I raised my voice and called her a liar. Some guy about as big around as my pinky came up and told me I had better behave. I asked what he was going to do if I didn't He shut up. 

I told her to open the room, she refused. I had the key-card in my pocket so I opened the door to room 120 - the one we stayed in. I then asked her how it all was still there. She stood there with her mouth hanging open. The guy said it was the wrong room. Room 117 had the stuff stolen. In unflattering words I told her she should have checked before she accused me. She began to yell she was calling the police. I said go ahead I am calling your corporate office. I got in the truck and closed the door on a barrage of profanity from her face hole. I left two long black streaks in her parking lot to remind her of my stay. 

I had Emily look up the number for Motel 6 corporate office and I called them. They were not happy. they asked if the clerk apologized. I said only if profanity that I have never heard from a sailor's mouth counted. 

The manager of the motel is gone till the second. They will call me after that. I will be leaving a nice review on the Facebook page and anywhere else I can find. 

After 4 hours of airing out our not Motel 6 issued linens.

ch2.jpg

We arrived at home. 

Alfie was ecstatic to see us. He had knocked everything off every shelf in the kitchen though. The neighbors said it was not like that this morning when they fed him. I guess he got bored. 

I got a call while I was in Tn from the transmission shop. They have the Blazer ready. He apologized profusely for the problem with the JollyGreenGiants transmission. I will call him Monday and see what needs to be done about that. 

Monday I have to get Emily enrolled in school. Fun stuff.

Edited by UncleWillie, December 30, 2016 - 05:37 PM.

• olcowhand, Gtractor, MH81 and 3 others have said thanks

#4359 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 38,242 Thanks
  • 45,869 posts

Posted December 30, 2016 - 06:35 PM

Glad you are back home!

• Craig. said thank you

#4360 SimplyRad OFFLINE  

SimplyRad
  • Member No: 84410
  • 1,092 Thanks
  • 835 posts

Posted December 31, 2016 - 11:35 AM

I have never had a problem with a Motel 6 as of yet, but I did at a Days Inn in Cleveland, MS, didn't take care of the room and they had roaches.

• Craig. said thank you

#4361 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 15,660 Thanks
  • 8,758 posts

Posted January 02, 2017 - 01:23 PM

Rainy out here. Been sitting in my recliner listening to the Cherryville Shooters

http://www.cherryvil...story-Chant.php

b0673e7a17c2406593d7b6b062d39555_large.j

Edited by UncleWillie, January 02, 2017 - 01:26 PM.

• Craig., KennyP and Bmerf have said thanks

#4362 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 29,968 Thanks
  • 29,758 posts

Posted January 02, 2017 - 05:33 PM

Link bad to the tunes.

Hey, any word back from motel styx?
  • Craig. said thank you

#4363 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 15,660 Thanks
  • 8,758 posts

Posted January 03, 2017 - 06:50 PM

Here we go again.

116131-Waiting-For-My-Coffee.jpg

This morning I got up and staggered into the shower. Steph got Heath up on her way out the door. Emily chose to do her best imitation of a corpse. 

Heath and I sat in BettyBlue and listened to the radio till the bus arrived. I gave her another 45 minutes then woke her up. In short order (for a woman) she was ready to go and we left.

Down at the board of education building we were told we had to go to a different building since things are being moved around. So we went across town and sat in a different lobby for a while. After an hour they called us back. We filled out paperwork and were told to go to the school she will attend. 

We stopped at a QuikTrip. There was a woman in the store stealing everything that would fit in her purse. I heard the the cashier tell the manager. The manager let her leave. If I had known it was free food day i would have brought my big bag. 

We ran past the Social Security office to get her stuff on my disability straightened out. They were packed. It was noon and I had to be home by 245 to get Heath so we left. 

At the school they were amazed that we went to the board of education. I guess some people don't. As it turns out Emily cannot start school till the 24th. Due to the differences in AZ and NC school years they are taking exams right now. She already took hers so there is no reason to be there to do nothing. 

We left there and went to AutoZone. BB's wipers were making things worse. We went in and harassed Brian and got new blades and went outside. I opened the package and had no idea how to put them on the truck. After I had been out there about 10 minutes Brian came out to make fun of me for not getting them on. I handed it all to him and told him to figure it out. He stood there for about 5 minutes and declared they didn't fit. So glad I had an auto parts professional to tell me LOL. I exchanged them for a different set and had them on in 3 minutes. 

We headed to Wal-Mart, because woman. I sat in the parking lot while she went in. 

Back at home I sat for a bit. At 245 I told Emily to go get Heath off the bus. When the bus pulled up the driver was a bit slow opening the door for her, til she saw me. Then she honked and waved. Heath came off the bus at 300 mph and ran inside. 

He and Emily played like maniacs for a long time. I told her if she breaks her little brother I am not making her another one. 

Her mom did call and said the fine for the ticket is $700! It will be up to her mom to pay because it was her car she made Emily drive with no tags then ignored the ticket.

Heath had to come in the living room and pet the rabbits. He opened the lid on the cage with the Rex rabbit Steph got for Christmas. A short time later Alfie came dashing through the house like only a kitten can. He jumped from about halfway across the living room and aimed for the top of the cage. He landed eye to eye with a rabbit twice his size. It didn't take him long to get out of there. I was laughing so hard I was no help at all.

• olcowhand, KennyP and oldedeeres have said thanks

#4364 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 15,660 Thanks
  • 8,758 posts

Posted January 03, 2017 - 06:50 PM

Link bad to the tunes.

Hey, any word back from motel styx?

Nope. Tomorrow I will put on my irate customer hat and call back. 

Link to what tunes?

Edited by UncleWillie, January 03, 2017 - 06:52 PM.

#4365 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 29,968 Thanks
  • 29,758 posts

Posted January 03, 2017 - 07:43 PM

Nope. Tomorrow I will put on my irate customer hat and call back.

Link to what tunes?

The ones here:
UncleWillie's PhotoUncleWillie
Yesterday, 01:23 PM
Rainy out here. Been sitting in my recliner listening to the Cherryville Shooters

http://www.cherryvil...story-Chant.php