#421 SearsYellow OFFLINE  

SearsYellow

Mower Extraordinaire

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10530
  • 449 Thanks
  • 562 posts

Posted March 12, 2013 - 01:58 PM

I have been sitting in the same boat also (with the kid situation). I have a son and daughter with a ex and she never never lets me see them.  I pay my child support every month and that's it. If they ever decide they want to know who their dad is I'll be here with open arms. The bad thing is that the children are being put thru hell and they are the ones that suffer the most. She has told them so many lies about me. She even had our daughter call and tell me "I was a sorry a** dad and she hated me" at the age of 3. I haven't see her since her second birthday and she will be 10 years old in April.

As everyone else stated she will pay for what she has done. I've always strived to make situations right but this situation was one that I had to walk away from.

#422 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,765 Thanks
  • 7,703 posts

Posted March 12, 2013 - 07:46 PM

Last night Heath had a bad night. He woke up screaming a couple of times. Both times he was soaking wet which is really unusual for him. The second time (5am) his pee smelled like ammonia and he was beet red. So after a liberal application of diaper cream and some coddling he went back to bed.

I was wide awake. I had planned to work on the trailer today, but it was monsoon weather outside so I stayed in bed. Finally dozed off at around 7.

At around 9 or so the phone rang. Someone in Taylorsville had a car he wanted me to pick up. SO we loaded up and headed north.

My plan was to grab it and come right home and work on the trailer.

ON the way up the phone rang. A museum in Newton NC had a display case they wanted to get rid of so I told them I would stop by on the way home.

As we drove up I spied a Sears FF tractor in a yard. Made a mental note of where it was so I can go back and talk to them later.

Also saw this bus that Steph snapped some lousy pics of with her lousy phone.

bus2_zps1ce9c0ad.jpg

bus_zpsb9b92f27.jpg

We got up to the house where the Acura was and tried to start it up to drive it up on the trailer. Started right up till Steph let off the clutch. Then it died and would not restart. The guy grabbed a can of brake cleaner and squirted it int eh intake. IT started and died as soon as she stopped spraying. I got int eh car and told him to spray it while I drove it up. It got up on the trailer and he stopped spraying and the car ran perfect finally. Figures.

A 30 minute drive down winding roads put us at the old Courthouse turned museum in Newton where the curator showed me the display case. It had originally been made to hold a Jewish shroud. When the shroud went back to the temple they put civil war rifles in it. The case itself is about 1/16 inch steel with an open fron box about 7' wide 3' high and 2' deep standing on 3 foot tall legs that are 2 inch steel. It originally had a 2 inch glass front. He said one day they were sitting in the offices and heard an explosion. The hinges on the glass broke and it fell out and busted. So now the case is in the way.

Problem is that it is sitting between a 1910 Lotus dirt track car and a Dale Jarret racing display. It is too big to get out in one piece so it will have to be carefully cut apart and taken out without damaging anything. Should be exciting. I will take lots of pics when we do it.

While I was in the basement of the museum Steph and Heath were outside running around in the grass having a ball. He had been in the truck for 2 hours and was ready to stretch his legs.

On the way home we stopped to look at a big trailer I had seen Sunday and was trying to describe to Steph. I is a 35 foot trailer that is used to move utility buildings. We stopped and two guys were standing there looking at it scratching their heads. I asked them what was wrong and they showed me the removable coupler that was in pieces. The previous owner of the trailer had modified the trailer to fit a smaller coupler and they could not find a quality coupler to fit it. No coupler means no towing. They asked me if I had a solution.

I made one phone call and asked Timmy Dale if he wanted to take a look at it. He did so I went home to get him.

We rode back up in his Ford. It made the Toyota I drove yesterday feel like a Cadillac. The bench seat is actually tilted forward. I would have taken the BlueOx but it was attached to the trailer still.

We got back to the trailer and he gave them an estimate and they said they would call him back.

Finally got back home and actually in the door.

Heath was playing stuntman.

Edited by mybigwarwagon, March 12, 2013 - 07:58 PM.

• olcowhand, KennyP, HDWildBill and 2 others have said thanks

#423 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,485 Thanks
  • 39,719 posts

Posted March 12, 2013 - 08:14 PM

That's a neat bus! Glad Heath didn't fall off! Sounds like an interesting day! Don't mess up any of DJ's things getting that cabinet torn apart!

#424 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,765 Thanks
  • 7,703 posts

Posted March 13, 2013 - 07:01 PM

After a late night of chatting with Jared on Facebook – the 4 hour time difference is hard on an old guy – I got a late start on today. The phone was ringing off the hook all morning. I finally turned it off and stuffed it under my pillow.

When I finally did manage to drag myself out of the bed and pour coffee down my neck I had a guy call with a car he wanted me to get tomorrow morning. I told him that IF I got today’s job done I would be there.

By the time we went outside it was Heaths nap time. We put him in bed and he did not want to go to sleep. Over the baby monitor we could hear him alternately yelling and laughing for about an hour and a half.

We got outside and started to pull the Acura apart. Right off the bad we found that the catalytic converter had been gutted. OH well can't win them all.

Got another call from a friend who said he wanted to see me this afternoon so I told him as soon as I beat the Acura into submission I would come up.

A mechanic friend wants the front spindles so we took the time to pull them. Found some work that quickly had the car dubbed the Hackura.

Like bungee cord pieces holding splash panels on

2013-03-13_15-05-57_577_zpscf7d43da.jpg

A rivet through a ball joint instead of a cotter pin

2013-03-13_14-29-55_491_zps538ad04e.jpg

Some unbelievable wiring skills

2013-03-13_14-14-09_147_zps21da7c8b.jpg

Yes that wire to … whatever is just wrapped around the terminal.

The incredible Hulk peened this nut over so hard that it wont come back off – it is actually peened into the body of the nut itself

2013-03-13_15-06-07_258_zpse52aef79.jpg

Along with bare copper wire holding the battery in place. String holding up hoses and a ton of other stuff that would have taken me a month to get pictures of. The Hackura is Hacktastic.

After dropping the engine cradle and lowering the engine down on the trailer deck we pulled the Gantry crane over with the DragonFLy and then lifted the body of the car up as high as it would go. Then we used the DragonFLy to pull the engine assembly over to one side of the trailer. Then slid the engine hoist in under the body of the car. Hooked up the engine. Then the DragonFLy pulled the hoist back out. All neat and easy.

About that time Heath woke up from his nap. It was 4pm so I called my job for tomorrow morning and told them it would be tomorrow afternoon since we didn't get finished today.

We still have to drain the gas, pull out wiring, and disassemble the engine before it is ready to go to the crusher.

I then headed up to see my friend. He had some stuff he wanted to sell. He got in a tough spot. They had been living in a house that was full of black mold. SO they moved in with their son and was paying him rent. His son was not paying rent. The landlord kicked them all out.

He is 64 and is eligible for an apartment in a retirement place, but it wont be ready till April. He is living in a hotel for $250 a week. Which he can't afford. I told him it wasn't much but he was welcome to come stay in my camper. They said they would think about it. He also told me that for 3 night he and his wife slept in their truck behind a friends shop. If I could force him to come here I would.

So I got back home and found an email froma lady that I have been in contact with for a few days. She has a GT with AG tires that she doesn't like. She kept tellign me they were 28 inch tires so I asked her for a pic. I got the pic today.

agtire1_zps5175e7e1.jpg

agtire2_zpscbb0fe1c.jpg

I blew it up I could read the size – 23. I have a set of turf tires I told her I would trade her for. We will see if that pans out.

SO now it is dinner time. Wondering what Steph fixes for our anniversary. I will take her out this weekend. Today is our 3rd anniversary. Funny it seems longer.

• MH81, KennyP, HDWildBill and 2 others have said thanks

#425 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,485 Thanks
  • 39,719 posts

Posted March 13, 2013 - 07:09 PM

Happy Anniversary, Willie & Steph! Love your escapades! Good luck on the AG's!

• UncleWillie said thank you

#426 jacobd OFFLINE  

jacobd
  • Member No: 17550
  • 49 Thanks
  • 69 posts

Posted March 13, 2013 - 07:21 PM

Happy anniversary! You probably already know this but that looks like a zero turn in the pictures and most of the ones I've seen have 4 lug rims. Unless you're just swaping tires off the rims in which case no worries.

#427 Michiganmobileman OFFLINE  

Michiganmobileman

Old Tractor Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5678
  • 1,235 Thanks
  • 1,842 posts

Posted March 13, 2013 - 07:57 PM

Happy anniversary to you and Steph! Hope you enjoy many more.

#428 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,651 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted March 13, 2013 - 08:15 PM

Happy Anniversary to both of ya's!  And congrats to Steph for being able to last that long with ya!  :smilewink:   All kidding aside....hope you stay together for the long haul!  :thumbs:

#429 oldedeeres OFFLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,873 Thanks
  • 3,199 posts

Posted March 14, 2013 - 02:06 AM

Happy anniversary you two, from us too!

#430 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,710 Thanks
  • 8,563 posts

Posted March 14, 2013 - 05:46 PM

Happy Anniversary Willie    :love: & Steph!

#431 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,765 Thanks
  • 7,703 posts

Posted March 14, 2013 - 07:57 PM

Busy day.

Got up this morning and after a quick email check I hit the yard with my thermos in hand at 8am.

Steph corralled Heath in his room with the baby gate and turned the monitor on and then came out to help. We spent a couple of hours disassembling the Honda engine/transmission/Cradle assembly. Got the engine completely torn down. Since Honda’s have aluminum engine blocks it is worth the time.

After an hour or so Heath got completely silent. She went in to check on him and he was asleep under his toy piano. Unfortunately she didn't take a picture.

With that done and tool picked up we loaded about 20 steel rims and all the steel parts off the engine into the Hackura and got it ready for crushing.

Heath woke up and started playing again. He never cried, just went straight to the toys. After about an hour of playing he started crying and she came in to change and feed him and then he went right back to playing. He is really an easy kid to take care of. He is the most independent of all 4 of my kids.

Since my next job wasn't until 4pm and we got finished at 1pm. I cam inside to rest my bones and Steph and Heath went to the bank and to drop off some aluminum rims with tires on them at the tire shop to be broken down. I used to do them on my manual breaker. But after I do 4 or 5 I am hurting so bad it is worth letting him do it for $1 each.

Got a call from Steph that one of the checks was made out to me and they wouldn't cash it and there was a wreck on the way to the bank so I hopped on the back roads and made my way around town to the bank. Got the check cashed and headed to the scrap yard.

Finally got the Hackura off the trailer and got my money then we headed over to Sears to return some broken tools.

Got my shiny new tools and still had not heard from the guy I was supposed to meet so we went on through the mall and got something to eat and let Heath run around for a minute. Since the mall was about empty and there were only older people walking around it was great fun to watch.

While we were there I ran into several people I havent seen in years so that was fun too.

Finally got the call from the guy to come get his Saturn at 5pm. We rolled out of the mall.

Got to his house and all 4 tires on the car were flat so we broke out the little 12v compressor and spent about 30 minutes airing them up.

Since we had both trucks with it Steph used Christine to push the car up on the trailer.

Got it strapped down and Headed back home.

I backed the trailer under the gantry crane and got to work. Steph helped me get the car up on jack stands then went inside with Heath. I spent some quality time dropping the engine cradle out. I have to say it is much easier on a Saturn than a Honda. Again it is an all aluminum engine. So worth the time.

When I had the engine sitting on the trailer I tucked all the tools under the car and threw a tarp over it. I am just too tired to put them all up tonight.

Finally drug myself in the house at 830 pm. Steph had pork roast waiting for me.

Right now my massaging cushion is my favorite thing on earth.

• HDWildBill and oldedeeres have said thanks

#432 marlboro180 OFFLINE  

marlboro180
  • Member No: 10710
  • 634 Thanks
  • 954 posts

Posted March 14, 2013 - 10:40 PM

You sir, live an interesting life. Steph and Heath are lucky to have you. I gotta ask though, how is the new hat?

Edited by marlboro180, March 14, 2013 - 10:42 PM.

#433 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,765 Thanks
  • 7,703 posts

Posted March 14, 2013 - 10:54 PM

New hat is slightly less new. Has a few greasy fingerprints, but still in good shape.

#434 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,485 Thanks
  • 39,719 posts

Posted March 15, 2013 - 06:41 AM

That's one busy hat! That was a long day, but sounds productive!

#435 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,710 Thanks
  • 8,563 posts

Posted March 15, 2013 - 08:12 AM

Hmmm!  Pork roast my favorite!  Guess I missed dinner, huh?   :rolling: