• Please log in to reply
5357 replies to this topic

#4261 camdigger OFFLINE  

camdigger
  • Member No: 70250
  • 800 Thanks
  • 271 posts

Posted November 12, 2016 - 08:27 AM

Bacon they may be... but they are destructive escape artists that are cantankerous at best when trying to make them go somewhere they don't wanna. The phrase pig headed came from somewhere...
Also, watch Heath around them as they can be bipolar and change temperament like the wind with the strength to hurt adults.
Neighbor had pigs. Helped them a few times... Ham sandwiches make me smile.

Yes, pigs can be destructive, contankerous, and almost vindictive. But they is also tasty..... Bacon, ham, pork loin, roast, sausage and gravy....why am I hungry all of a sudden?
  • Craig. and oldedeeres have said thanks

#4262 oldedeeres ONLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 9,509 Thanks
  • 4,770 posts

Posted November 12, 2016 - 11:41 AM

If a fence will hold water it MIGHT be good enough to hold pigs. Hint... electricity works, but it makes them very loud, lol.
  • Craig., KennyP and toomanytoys84 have said thanks

#4263 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 15,676 Thanks
  • 8,763 posts

Posted November 12, 2016 - 06:17 PM

For now they seem perfectly content to lay in the pen and be fed. They won't be around long enough to tear up much. 

Today we went to Warbirds Over Monroe. We had to park about a mile away from the airport. Heath enjoyed the wagon ride. 

We found out the wagon makes an excellent picnic table.

as1.jpg

I didn't take a lot of pictures. I wanted to enjoy the show more than my phone. 

as2.jpg

Note the generator behind Heath. It had a ground rod with a copper wire. Perfectly safe. No risk of shocking anyone. A guy came by and started pitching a fit that someone was going to get killed. He was pointing out to everyone that walked by that they were in imminent risk of death. People were looking at him like he needed a straight jacket. A kid came by and grabbed the ground rod. The self appointed guardian ( who evidently wasn't doing such a good job) went ballistic. He snatched the kid up (hopefully it was his) and lectured him on the dangers of ground wires. About 15 minutes later he moved on.

It started getting cool and Heath is not 100% so we headed home. Heath almost dozed off on the wagon ride back to the truck. 

We stopped at Harbor Freight to return the jump box. It decided it wouldn't hold a charge. They told me they couldn't look it up on my Inside Track Club card and I had to have the actual recipt. After some loud explaining that they had done it several times before, they decided to return my money. 

We stopped at KFC for a bucket of chicken and then came home. 

• Gtractor, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#4264 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 15,676 Thanks
  • 8,763 posts

Posted November 14, 2016 - 04:12 PM

Not bad for a Monday.

monday.jpg

This morning I woke up and it was cold in the house. The rods in my back felt like someone had stabbed me. I stayed in the bed while Steph go up with Heath and turned on the heat.

Once the house was warm enough the pain went away, and I got up. 

At around 11 I was feeling pretty worthless so I got dressed and went outside. I lounged all day yesterday. Time to do stuff. 

The last time we tried to start the pressure washer it was a no go. I was actually thinking the engine might be damaged (Don't do small engine repairs under the influence of pain meds).

I got the table set up on the tractor stand and dragged the parts pressure washer and the one we had been using over. 

Being a smart person I pulled the spark plug out of the good one and checked it for compression with my finger. IT had some, but not what it should have. I figured the valves were out of whack. 

The computer I had the B&S interactive repair manual on died. I have it somewhere on a laptop harddrive that was converted over to a portable drive. However, it is missing. So I looked on line and found a valve setting and went back out. 

While I had it on the table I pulled the carb apart and cleaned it thoroughly.

IN a short matter of time I had it running on a snort of starting fluid. So i put it all back together and put some gas in it. It started on about the 45th pull WHEW. I immediately shut it off and dragged it across the yard and hooked it to the garden hose. 

Two pulls and it ran perfect. I sprayed off BettyBlue and (for the first time in about 3 years) washed Christine.

Heath got home and he and Steph came back to see what I was doing. 

Then we cleaned up the back door where the dogs paw at it. 

I drained the tank and started it back up. I was surprised at how long it ran before it died. Steph found all kinds of stuff to wash before it did. 

Then I fired up the string mower. I couldn't see any fuel in the tank so I figured it would die soon. I trimmed all around the house and all the trees then made the mistake of trying to trim around the tractor stand. There was an old extension cord in the tall grass. It made a lovely knot before I could shut off the head. I let it sit there and idle a while and finally had to shut if off and get the cord out. No way I was going to do that with the engine running, it has a habit it turning the head sometimes even when it is off. 

I fired it back up and let it idle.

We messed with the pigs a while. They are hilarious. The big one thinks he is a dog. You can'e get within a mile of the little one.

It took it an hour for the mower to finally die. That tank must have a deep dark hole in it somewhere that holds fuel. 

All the tools got put away and I came in. 

A couple of months ago I got a $45 check from a class action lawsuit for hard drive price gouging and it got lost. I figured I had lost the money. I got a letter today saying that I had not cashed my check and I could contact them to reissue it. Cool stuff. 

Not bad for a Monday. 

• olcowhand, Craig., KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#4265 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 41,214 Thanks
  • 31,437 posts

Posted November 14, 2016 - 04:16 PM

Sounds like a decent nuff day!  And the check re-issue is great!

• Craig. said thank you

#4266 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 15,676 Thanks
  • 8,763 posts

Posted November 15, 2016 - 10:16 PM

If this is just Tuesday it is going to be a wild week.

During the airshow the wind blew something in my eye. It was windy enough there that the bouncy houses were closed because they wouldn't stay put. Sunday it was slightly irritating. Yesterday it was a little problematic. I didn't sleep all that well last night because it was bothering me. I woke up feeling like I had a cactus in my eye.

1208217_1560336374185860_2095760954_n.jp

I told Steph I was going to have to go to Urgent Care. Before I could even get dressed I got a call from a guy about a GMC Suburban. I told him for scrap I could give him $200. He wanted to keep the wheels and tires. I told him it would be this afternoon before I could get there. 

We left for Urgent Care.  The pretty little doc couldn't find anything in my eye even after numbing it and putting dye in it. she flushed it out to get the dye out of it and i think she washed out whatever was in it. She called in some drops to the pharmacy.

We left there and went to Ingle's and then to Cherryville to go to AutoZone and the pharmacy. 

We realized we were going to be late getting Heath off the bus so we called the neighbor and asked her to get him. I was still going to try to get back in time. 

The pharmacy didn't have the meds ready so we went to Autozone. 

I have a parts truck with 4 beautiful wheels and brand new tires on it. However, it has 20 locking lugnuts and no key for them. I have had no luck getting them off so I stopped to get this. They are supposed to work great. 

We got back home 5 minutes before the bus.

I got to work on the lugs. I got one off but then ran into a problem. You are supposed to put the lug in a vise and reverse the impact and take the socket off. I could not get my vise to hold it.  I tried the pipe holding jaws and it just spun in them and ate the jaws. I tried a pair of vise grips. It spun in them. I tried a pipe wrench and it couldn't get a bite on the nut.

While I was wrestling with that, Steph was down the hill looking through the tire pile. She found 3 rims that would work. We snagged the spare out of the parts Suburban and headed off to Morganton. 

We met two people who are the epitome of things I can't stand. They live in a pop up camper behind the wife's parents house. Neither have jobs. The guy has child support payments to make (which is why he sold the truck). They both have brand new phones. And somehow manage eating at a restaurant regularly and smoking cigarettes. 

Steph went to work on the tires. Th electric impact made it nice once we got the extension cord plugged in. 

I called AAA to find out how long it would take them to get there. 

I wanted to get the title notarized tonight and asked if they knew of anyone that could do it. He said everything is closed (it was 5pm). I called a car lot. They said come on over. He hemmed and hawed until I told him I would buy them dinner if they went to get it done tonight. It was a one hour drive one way to his house.  They agreed. 

We got he title notarized and then went to eat. They sat there playing with their phones till I wanted to slap them both. They made a second order for her parents. I think they wanted me to pay for that too. I didn't. I knew he had $300 in his pocket.

We got back to the truck about 4 minutes before the truck arrived. I got a call from Sam asking if I could fix his sister's cars hood. He backed into it. I told he to get it here tomorrow and I would see what I could do.  Once the Suburban was loaded we left. 

About 10 minutes away from the house we got a call from Jared saying that Sam was trying to reach me.Heath had turned my phone off. Sam was on the side of the road with a flat tire and a broken jack. We told him to hang on we would be there shortly. 

Once the GMC was in the yard I hopped in BettyBlue and headed off,. Heath and Steph came in the house. 

I got to Sam and we changed his tire. His jack had folded up under the van. He had his girlfriend with him so I am sure they didn't get bored waiting.  We got the tire changed and the spare was a little low. I hooked up the onboard air on BB and we aired it up. 

I asked him how much air it had in it and he said 18 percent. I asked him how much that was and he said it was what the gauge said. I laughed and explained what PSI meant. Hopefully he wasn't filling his tires to 100%.

I came back through a neighborhood and there were 5 fire trucks with the lights on and one cop directing traffic. I never saw a fire or a fireman, just the one cop.

I got home to find out  more drama going on in AZ. I think the kids will be moving here before too long. 

Tomorrow I have to see why the transmission in the GMC isn't working. I think it is simple, but I haven't looked yet.

Edited by UncleWillie, November 15, 2016 - 10:39 PM.

• olcowhand, Gtractor, MH81 and 3 others have said thanks

#4267 SimplyRad OFFLINE  

SimplyRad
  • Member No: 84410
  • 1,101 Thanks
  • 840 posts

Posted November 16, 2016 - 10:00 AM

Back when my son had duty on the Ike he left his car with me and he had one locking lug nut on each wheel. It had a flat and I couldn't find the key so, being a machinist, I made a tool so I could remove the lug nut. Just had to figure the right taper.

• Craig. said thank you

#4268 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 15,676 Thanks
  • 8,763 posts

Posted November 16, 2016 - 03:59 PM

Meet the Jolly Green Giant.

give_peas_2_cans_mugs.jpg?side=Back&widt

We went out and got back on the lug nuts. I had to grind flat spots in the lug nut that was stuck in the socket in order to get the vise to grab it. Then the socket would not grab on any other lugs. $12 down the drain on that one. 

I told Steph to bring out any big sockets she could find. She carried out a beat up 7/8(I think) socket in one load of them. I am not sure what has happened to it over the years, but the inside was jacked up. It miraculously managed to grab the lugs and back it them out perfectly.

While we were doing that my neighbor, Scott, came over to look at the Exploder. We found more things wrong with it.

Then we had a different problem. The lugs off the 99 Suburban would not go in the lug holes of the wheels that came off the parts truck. I came in and loked on line and found that the lugs off the BlueOx would work. We spent some time swapping lug nuts around.

Scott went home and almost immediately another neighbor, Paul, pulled in. He was looking for a set of seats for his buddy. I have 3 sets he can choose from. He will send the guy over to look.  We caught up a bit while Steph kept working on the tires. She likes Paul, but he cannot hear anything she says. I have to almost yell to  be heard. He is a great guy though and a master wood worker. And he thinks Heath is the greatest thing on earth. 

And...

car.jpg

Not a bad looking ride. 

I did some research and the trans out of my 95 will not work in the 99. I need to get in touch with the trans shop to find out what to do. 

I think I may have an addiction

car1 - Copy.jpg

car2 - Copy.jpg

car3 - Copy.jpg

car4 - Copy.jpg

car5 - Copy.jpg

car6 - Copy.jpg

car10.jpg

Not counting CherryBerry in the transmission shop, and 3 junkers waiting for prices to go up.

Now I am waiting on my niece to get here to fix her car that Sam backed into. 

Edited by UncleWillie, November 16, 2016 - 04:02 PM.

• olcowhand, Gtractor, MH81 and 2 others have said thanks

#4269 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 15,676 Thanks
  • 8,763 posts

Posted November 16, 2016 - 09:40 PM

I got a call to come pick up my title on BettyBlue so I ran down to SC at 5:00. Sam had not got here yet so I figured they could wait. 

I was back at 6. My neice, Sara, had been here because her car was in the yard. I came in and found out that Sam and Tyler had come with her and they all went to Wal-mart to get something for Steph to cook for them LOL.  I had a couple of hamburgers and waited. 

They got back and ate then we got out to work on Sara's car. Sam had hit it just hard enough that the hood would not open. It took me about 30 minutes of messing with it to get it open. When he hit it the cable for the release had gotten jammed. I had to get the grill pulled off to get in to the hood latch.  I fixed that and then adjusted her hood where it would close correctly. 

Then I polished her cars headlights. I seem to have a side business in that here lately. 

They stood around making all kinds of noise talking and goofing off while I worked. 

They just all left. Amazing how quiet it is here now. 

• olcowhand, Gtractor, Craig. and 1 other said thanks

#4270 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 15,676 Thanks
  • 8,763 posts

Posted November 18, 2016 - 09:51 AM

And yesterday.

yesterdaty.jpg

We were supposed to be at Heaths school for a reading thing, but Steph let me sleep through it. We went up there for his Thanksgiving lunch. I sat at a tiny table, on a tiny stool like thing, and ate dry turkey, rubber  stuffing, cold green beans, canned yams, and descent cranberrys. Heath though it was great though. 

When ti was over I could barely stand.

We came home and I decided to see if we could get the Wheel Horse started. After some tinkering I did get it to run on starting fluid. Then it puked oil in my face through the breather tube. I said screw it and pulled it around front and put a for sale sign on it. 

After using it last summer I realized why Coldone didn't like it. Unless you have a neck that swivels 360 degrees and a left arm that is 7 feet long there is no way to look at what you are doing , work the throttle, and operate the lift controls. It is a great tractor, but is just set up all wrong. Maybe if it had a backup camera.

I came in and went through the camera card

Got Heath.

STC_0079.JPG

I found several great shots of this photogenic bird.

STC_0893.JPG

And this one.

STC_0874.JPG

And this guy posing with the black rabbit.

STC_0895.JPG

And we had the rabbit in the trap. The trap didn't close. If you look very closely you can see the gate is still open.

STC_0897.JPG

We called my mom. Her birthday was Wednesday, but I didn't get in the house till 10. 

#4271 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 15,676 Thanks
  • 8,763 posts

Posted November 18, 2016 - 07:09 PM

+/*This morning I got up and got Heath on the bus. 

While we waited I got a call about the Wheel Horse. I gave the guy directions. Heath loaded up. I headed back in for more coffee. 

I found this pic of a poor girl whose child drew all over her arms.

caddy.jpg

A short time after I came in the guy called back. He was lost. I gave him new directions. About 15 minutes later he called back. He was closing in. Then about 10 minutes later he called and asked the street number. He had driven right past the tractor with a bright yellow sign in front of it. I guess he needed more coffee too. 

He looked at it for about 30 seconds and handed me cash. I fired up the Deere and pulled/pushed it up on his trailer. He strapped it down and then asked where the closest place to buy coffee and breakfast was. LOL I sent him to Heaffners.

I got a call from a guy about a Cadillac. I gave him a price. HE said to come on. 

We gathered up all the catalytic converters we had and loaded them on BettyBlue then headed off. 

On the way we spotted this girl out in the wild. 

IMG_20161118_104804806_HDR.jpg IMG_20161118_104629397_HDR.jpg IMG_20161118_104503549.jpg

He was in bad stop and go traffic for several miles. Had a semi in front of him and a mini van tailgating him. There was a guy on a moped riding down the center of the highway. I was gripping the wheel and visualizing a moped hanging from the rear wing and a Caravan wedged under the back pushing the droop nose under the semi.

When he was getting  gas I asked him if it scared him. He said he was terrified. 

We got the Caddy then headed over to sell the cats. 

When we got there they were tearing the interior of a van apart. I asked if they were stripping it. They said there was a kitten in side it they were trying to get out. When I walked over they started puling out fiberglass insulation. I should have left immediately. I didn't. 

I asked him about the transmission out of the Suburban. He said $150 to fix it. Now all I need is a spare wad of cash. 

We came home.

Saw this genius on the way in. 
IMG_20161118_124828758_HDR.jpg
Whipping in and out of traffic. I wonder if his tire got where it was going. 

By the time I got home I was about to peel my skin off. I got straight in the shower. My eyes are a bit itchy still.

We washed the Caddy and I made a video. 
It will post sometime this century.

Steph cleaned more bunnies.  The pigs got all the innards. They were happy. 

Heath and I took teh tow dolly down the hill and put it out of the way. He is getting better at driving. He still doesn't have the go straight part figured out. 

Then I had Steph help get the big trailer out of the yard. She was covered in bunny guts so I drove. She rode on the trailer. Once that was in the field I was done. 

I came in and sat down. All this catching up with work is wearing me out. 

Graham just called and asked if we heard a dying cat. We went out and found Phantom and never did hear a sound. 

Tomorrow we might pull the tranny out of the Jolly Green Giant. Maybe. Maybe not.

• olcowhand, MH81, Craig. and 1 other said thanks

#4272 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 15,676 Thanks
  • 8,763 posts

Posted November 20, 2016 - 07:02 PM

Today was going to be a good day. 

i_am_pissedoff_coffee_mug.jpg?width=225&

We slept in a bit and then got moving slowly. 

After a bit we went out and got the Suburban pulled up on the ramps. 

We found out there is a foot of gravel in teh driveway.

15078811_10154855789399739_2399042052195

Then we yanked the transmission out. The PO put a torque converter in it. He didn't put it in right and broke the pump.

We got finished and fed the animals then came in. 

We needed a couple of things so Stpeph left for Walmart. 

About an hour later she texted me and told me to cancel my cards. She had laid my wallet on the register and left it. The guy behind her stole it. Cops were called. I went to walmart.

They would not let us see the video. They said it was Walmart policy. I guess they don't want me recognizing the scum and finding him. 

Unfortunately, there was $400 in the wallet. All the money we made last week. Plans for going to VA for thanksgiving are up in the air now. 

As are plans to repair the transmission.

I am doing my best to not say much about it. I really want to go out and rip a tree out of the ground with my bare hands. 

#4273 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 38,417 Thanks
  • 45,945 posts

Posted November 20, 2016 - 07:10 PM

Sorry to hear this, Willie! Hope they nail the guy quick!

• Craig. said thank you

#4274 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 6,887 Thanks
  • 7,461 posts

Posted November 20, 2016 - 07:17 PM

Sorry that this has happened . Hope he's caught
  • Craig. said thank you

#4275 ericjr16 ONLINE  

ericjr16
  • Member No: 54135
  • 1,051 Thanks
  • 575 posts

Posted November 20, 2016 - 07:24 PM

I am very sorry some jerk did that! God willing justice will be served! God know who did it and they will get judgement someday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Craig. said thank you