#4246 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 15,660 Thanks
  • 8,758 posts

Posted November 03, 2016 - 08:05 PM

Tyler's noise on his truck? The passenger side seat bracket is loose.

LOL no it is something in the drivers side suspension. Although 280 pounds extra in the front seat may have fixed it. I told him to just put a bunch of weight in the passengers seat. 

• Craig., KennyP and Cat385B have said thanks

#4247 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 15,660 Thanks
  • 8,758 posts

Posted November 05, 2016 - 09:06 PM

So things got se(a)ttled down.

(Image for Sitting coffee - figured you guys would like it. 

seat4.jpg

Last night I sat in the floor and sewed up the major hole in the new seat.

Here Heath points out my handywork.

seat2.jpg

So we all slept in a bit. Heath's whatever it is that ails him is worse. He has gunky eyes now. 

Then we went out and worked on putting the seats in BettyBlue.

seat1.jpg

The Passengers side sits lopsided for some reason. We will look into that later. 

I also put a door pin in BB. Now the door won't swing back against the fender when you let go of it. 

We had to go up to Steph's friend Anna's house to put in a ceiling fan. I for got my reading glasses. I became a game of put one fuzzy part into another fuzzier part. Eventually we got it working.

We got home and Heath fell asleep on the couch. 

• olcowhand, MH81, Craig. and 1 other said thanks

#4248 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 29,968 Thanks
  • 29,758 posts

Posted November 06, 2016 - 06:23 AM

I had ear infections and strep as a kid until they finally took my tonsils
Been far healthier since... occasional mung, but nothing unusual.

Tell the hid we hope he feels better and that Dads going to get him some ice cream.
  • Craig., KennyP and oldedeeres have said thanks

#4249 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 41,052 Thanks
  • 31,392 posts

Posted November 06, 2016 - 08:46 AM

My body is trying to get an ear infection now.  Throat burns at point of my eustachian tube from right ear, and sore around ear, but better today.  Had tons of ear infections as a kid and adult, and left ear drum has a hole in it from all the infections.  Still have my tonsils.   Hope Heath gets healed up fast.  Sucks feeling bad, especially as a kid.

• MH81, Craig. and oldedeeres have said thanks

#4250 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 9,855 Thanks
  • 5,950 posts

Posted November 06, 2016 - 10:11 AM

Getting my tonsils out was the best thing I ever did. I fought ear infections and tonsillitis for years doctor finally signed off on it when I was 18.

Haven't had any ear infections or strep throat since. My throat only gets a little sore if I have sinus drainage.
  • olcowhand, MH81 and Craig. have said thanks

#4251 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 15,660 Thanks
  • 8,758 posts

Posted November 08, 2016 - 05:53 PM

Beautiful couple of days. 

Yesterday I didn't do a whole lot. I had to take Graham's S10 to his step dad's shop. Somehow we managed to lose a coffee can of bolts. I have looked everywhere for it, but no dice. 

Steph got a new knife kit for processing the rabbits. She promptly cut her hand with it. Not bad, but enough to call off the slaughter of innocent bunnies for a day. 

The fuel pump I ordered for the Falcon came in. I think the Hulk packed it. 

IMG_20161107_184839939.jpg

Fortunately it wasn't damaged.

meat_is_murder_tasty_tasty_murder_coffee

Today we were up an running, Heath is feeling lots better. He even asks to take him medicine. I guess he doesn't want me to put him in a headlock to administer it. 

Since I had the parts for the Falcon I went out and got started on it. Steph got started on her rabbits. 

I got the pump installed on the tractor and then saw the spring on the starter bendix was gone. I wanted to get more bolts for the engine cover anyway so Heath and I headed down to the hardware store. 

We found the bolts, but no spring. All they had was either way too big or too small. We got the bolts and headed down to the mower shop. 

I figured they would charge me an arm and a leg, but the old guy was there and he had a spring and gave it to me. We talked a bit. Heath played with a mower deck. Then we headed home. 

In a short time I had everything installed. This is the first time since I have owned the Falcon that it has had all the bolts in the tins. It rattles a lot less now. 

I got it started, but only if I held the way to bed fuel filter at an angle. I forgot to get one when I went out. All I had was a massive one. I made a little hanger for it. 

IMG_20161108_144955814.jpg

I sharpened the blades while I had it up on the stand. 

It drove off the stand under its own power. Always nice. 

Then I got the John Deere started and put it up on the stand. Steph and I had to search a bit for the deck belt I bought a couple of months ago. It didn't take long to put it on and then it drove off the stand. 

I went and checked on Steph's progress. 

bunny.jpg

Heath said she was taking the rabbits apart. 

I sat on the Falcon and smoked a victory cigar. It feels good to be able to work on things again. 

I got the Way of the Dragon in the mail from Netflix so I am enjoying that right now. 

Tomorrow we mow the yard for the last time of the season. With two tractors running it shouldn't take long. 

• olcowhand, MH81, Craig. and 2 others have said thanks

#4252 oldedeeres ONLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 9,450 Thanks
  • 4,749 posts

Posted November 09, 2016 - 11:28 AM

I'm getting to the point where I have trouble butchering if the creatures have distinguishing markings, like spotted bunnies. Too easy to recognise them and remember "who" they are. Must be getting old I guess, lol. Empathy is a bummer.  When I start feeling sorry for vegetables you can stage an intervention and haul me away.

• olcowhand, MH81, Alc and 4 others have said thanks

#4253 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 15,660 Thanks
  • 8,758 posts

Posted November 09, 2016 - 06:02 PM

I woke up t his morning, Checked my computer, did a victory dance.

coffee-celebration-dance.jpg

Then we went out and got started. 

We spent some time picking things up in the yard, then Steph hopped on the 242. I got on the Falcon. 

Almost immediately I knew there was trouble. The Falcon would only run at full choke and would not go to full throttle. 

I started tinkering with that while Steph mowed. Right away I had another problem. The starter bendix hung up during one of my attempts to start it. When I pulled the engine tin off I found the circlip on the starter end had gone for a walk and the bendix was jammed. 

I pulled the starter and looked everywhere for another circlip. There wasn't one. 

Steph came over to see what I was doing. She asked if the monstrous fuel filter was the problem with it running. I didn't think so, but figured it couldn't hurt to change it. 

She went back to mowing. I went to the hardware store. 

They didn't have a clip, but I got a filter and some carmel candy.

Down at Moss' Small Engine they looked through everything and didn't have one. He said that the only way Kholer sells the clip is to buy a rebuild kit.

He hunted up some snap rings and we formulated a plan.

We talked a bit and he gave me some pointers on the Gravley not staying in gear. Could be simple, could need a transmission.

Then I headed home. First I started on the starter.   

Since the snap rings wouldn't fit down in the starter cap I had Steph hold the rings still and I hit them with the grinder. 

IMG_20161109_130549185.jpg

Worked like a charm.

Then I put the starter back in and started it up. 

Like an idiot i reached across the engine and put my arm on the flywheel cover.

ouch.jpg

OUCH!

Still couldn't get it to idle so I got it moved out of the way and Steph and I moved more stuff and finished mowing the back yard. 

I got back to the Flacon and soon figured out whey the throttle would not respond.

throttle.jpg

Easy fix, but it is hung on full speed for some reason. I called it done for the day and changed out the card in the trail cam. I found a picture of a couple of wild dee(a)rs.

deear.jpg

I came inside and the AC was not working. It was about 85 in the house. I spent time diagnosing it and couldn't get it to work. Then I Pushed the reset on the thermostat and in about 5 minutes it was working again. 

When Heath got home we headed up to Lincolnton to get yet another Furd Exploder.

furd.jpg

We stopped at Wal-Mart and got groceries then headed home. 

I am tired. 

• olcowhand, MH81, Craig. and 1 other said thanks

#4254 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 15,660 Thanks
  • 8,758 posts

Posted November 10, 2016 - 10:20 PM

Today I decided to do nothing.

Heath did get to drive BettyBlue

And I made a video of the 98 Exploder. Smart phone went stupid and went sideways

• olcowhand, Alc, Craig. and 3 others have said thanks

#4255 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 29,968 Thanks
  • 29,758 posts

Posted November 11, 2016 - 06:38 AM

Sounds like me teaching my 16 yr old...
Bet he had a ball, I know Lorn has fun anytime she gets to steer for Daddy.
She will be having a great time next year on her tractor, won't be much longer before you're looking for a slow mover for Heath.
  • Craig. said thank you

#4256 Alc OFFLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 6,883 Thanks
  • 7,459 posts

Posted November 11, 2016 - 06:53 AM

My daughter still remembers when she drove around the yard . I'm sure he will too
  • Craig. said thank you

#4257 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • 15,660 Thanks
  • 8,758 posts

Posted November 11, 2016 - 05:37 PM

Holy carp!

carp.jpeg

Heath didn't have school today (Veterans day) so we stayed up late last night goofing off. At 9am I got a call from my buddy, Ben. He wanted to go pick up his flooring. Every time we have tried to go he has wound up in the hospital with his heart.

I ran down to his house while Steph made coffee and looked to see if I had enough room to back my trailer into his shop. I could. So I came home. 

I had a cup of coffee then we went out and got the trailer hooked to BettyBlue, I pulled around to unload it and found these guyspig1.jpg

Rooting in the rabbit poop pile.

We spent some time getting them wrangled in to the dog pen.

pig.jpg

Then got the trailer unloaded. 

I put ads up on Craigslist and Facebook to see if anyone lost some piggies.

Then I went down to Ben's. We had to load up a couple of things then we left for Depot Salvage. 

He got a couple thousand square feet of hardwood. However, it took about 3 hours to get them all loaded up on the trailer. 

He left to go pay the rent on his storage unit. I headed to the gas station. Another neighbor was there and asked it I had Ben's flooring. He was supposed to go help when Ben had the last heart attack. He said the pigs had belonged to a guy who  got foreclosed on. 

It is smoky here from the wild fire in the mountains.

smokey.jpg

I then headed to Ben's house and we got the trailer backed into his shop and dropped it there. 

I got back home and a guy was there for me to fix the windows on his 2002 Explorer. He has been riding around since August with them down. It was 34 degrees when he left for work a few days ago. He wanted them up. He had a beautiful collie that we played with while we worked. 

He didn't have any cash so he followed Steph up to Walmart to use the ATM.

I walked in side and got a beer and sat down. Then I reached for my phone. I didn't have it. I got up and went out and found a Honda Civic in the front yard. Guy showed up to look at the 2002 Explorer I was selling. 

He wanted to test drive it and he left. I told him if he didn't come back his Honda was getting parted out. 

After about 15 minutes he didn't come back. I was standing in the driveway and I happened to look in his car. His phone was in the front seat. I got Heath and we took BettyBlue down the hill. Sure enough. He was sitting in a driveway. It had stalled and with a bad battery it wouldn't restart. I told the neighbor what was going on and he laughed. I jump started the Ford and we headed back to the house. 

He gave me a handful of cash. I gave him the title. He is coming back tomorrow to get it. 

I came inside and sat down, took the first sip of my beer. About 30 seconds later Steph came in and said the pot bellied pig was loose. We went out and got him corralled. 

I came back in.

I had called Steph outside to help me with the window repair while she was cleaning out Momma rabbits cage. This is how I found Heath when I came back in. 

heathcage.jpg

He loves momma.

I am tired. It was a good day though. 

Edited by UncleWillie, November 11, 2016 - 05:59 PM.

• olcowhand, MH81, Craig. and 2 others have said thanks

#4258 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 38,242 Thanks
  • 45,869 posts

Posted November 11, 2016 - 05:47 PM

MMMMMMMMM! Bacon!

• Craig., UncleWillie and oldedeeres have said thanks

#4259 camdigger OFFLINE  

camdigger
  • Member No: 70250
  • 800 Thanks
  • 271 posts

Posted November 11, 2016 - 06:19 PM

MMMMMMMMM! Bacon!

Better yet, nearly free bacon.... You may have to feed the bacon seeds a while. They grow surprisingly quickly on table scraps and a little ground grain of some sort.
  • Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#4260 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 29,968 Thanks
  • 29,758 posts

Posted November 12, 2016 - 06:57 AM

Bacon they may be... but they are destructive escape artists that are cantankerous at best when trying to make them go somewhere they don't wanna. The phrase pig headed came from somewhere...
Also, watch Heath around them as they can be bipolar and change temperament like the wind with the strength to hurt adults.

Neighbor had pigs. Helped them a few times... Ham sandwiches make me smile.
  • Craig., KennyP, oldedeeres and 1 other said thanks