• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,315 Thanks
  • 28,632 posts

Posted September 23, 2016 - 06:25 AM

If you think they are protecting her, in many areas, there is a Woodward or Bernstein looking to make a name for themselves.

#4187 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,763 Thanks
  • 7,703 posts

Posted September 23, 2016 - 11:18 AM

My take on last nights events.

comic4.jpg

I stayed up pretty late last night watching the news coverage of the protesters in Charlotte. I say protesters because it was a protest, not a riot. There were a couple of times where it could have turned ugly, but it did not.

I honestly think that the current "trend" of supporting our troops was the deciding factor in all of it. The protesters were going up and shaking the hands of the Nation Guardsman. I saw a couple of times they argued with the police, but not with the Guard.

The decision to not enforce the curfew, as long as things did not get violent, was a good choice as well. I think if they had tried to get the crowds off the streets at midnight things would have blown up. As it was, the crowds tired themselves out, then went home.

There were certain elements in the crowd that wanted things to get violent. You could see them wearing masks, running ahead of the crown, acting stupid, but not able to get any support.

One news reporter, who I find as irritating as nails on a chalk board, impressed me (still annoying though). She was reporting life from the crowd and fools started walking past flashing gang signs. She moved aside and put a wall behind her where the camera didn't pick them up, effectively denying them a platform for foolishness. Someone did throw water at her. Although, I noticed that a guy, roughly the size of lower Manahattan, was following her all night and did intervene. I would imagine he was paid security.

• Craig., KennyP and oldedeeres have said thanks

#4188 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,763 Thanks
  • 7,703 posts

Posted September 24, 2016 - 05:17 PM

I didn't get a wink of sleep last night.  After too many hours of tossing and turning and listenting to Steph snore I got up at 430.

8c0aca8c0649cffe0a6822870d2eea87.jpg

I tried to doze off in my chair, but as soon as I did Hurricane Heath woke up. 

I got a message from Buddy that he wrecked his truck. I am trying to figure out what parts I am going to let him have to repair it. I don't want to give him the good front end off the white parts truck, and I have plans to get the green parts Suburban running and use it, so it looks like the BlueOx will get knifed to rebuild his truck, "LittleSister" (I named it that because it was smaller and a year newer than the WarWagon). I don't really want to pull the Ox apart, but he needs a truck to feed his family. 

At 2:00 we loaded up in BettyBlue and drove down to where I bought her. The guy found the set of mirrors and rear brakes for it. He also found a roller pin for the drivers door, which is great because it doesn't have one. 

Back at home I flopped down in my chair with the intent of not getting back up till bedtime. 

Unfortunately, Alfie had slept in my chair. Unbeknownst to us, Alfie had fleas - bad. The eggs must have hatched today. My chair had fleas.  I had fleas. My  So Alfie got flea dipped. The recliner got hosed. I got a haircut and a long shower with tea-tree oil. The dogs got bathed and the whole house got thoroughly vacuumed. Not a fun couple of hours. 

While the dogs were being scrubbed, Heath decided to climb up on the kitchen counter and try to jump onto a milk crate, with predictable results. Fortunately, no broken bones, blood, or destroyed milk crate. 

• olcowhand, Craig., KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#4189 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,082 posts

Posted September 24, 2016 - 05:37 PM

Fleas are so terrible. We used to put my Norwegian Elkhound in the basement in the summer. He was a pure outside dog. Hated the house except in the summer. He hated the heat worse than he hated the house. He wouldn't go upstairs.

He had fleas bad. We didn't know. The basement was so polluted with fleas that when you walked in it looked like someone threw pepper all over you!

Took forever to get them out
  • Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#4190 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,483 Thanks
  • 39,716 posts

Posted September 24, 2016 - 05:50 PM

Get rid of that vacuum cleaner bag!  It's full of eggs!

• olcowhand and Craig. have said thanks

#4191 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,763 Thanks
  • 7,703 posts

Posted September 24, 2016 - 06:05 PM

Get rid of that vacuum cleaner bag!  It's full of eggs!

It's bagless. Emptied in the burn barrel. 

• olcowhand and KennyP have said thanks

#4192 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,315 Thanks
  • 28,632 posts

Posted September 25, 2016 - 06:37 AM

Time for more borax and diatomaceous earth
Gives me the heebies just thinking about it.
  • Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#4193 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,763 Thanks
  • 7,703 posts

Posted September 26, 2016 - 08:28 PM

Long day. Over did it. Took pain meds. Going to bed

• olcowhand, MH81 and KennyP have said thanks

#4194 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,315 Thanks
  • 28,632 posts

Posted September 26, 2016 - 09:43 PM

Good nite, hope you rest

#4195 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,763 Thanks
  • 7,703 posts

Posted September 27, 2016 - 03:25 PM

Yesterday morning Buddy was supposed to be here early. I knew he wouldn't though.

the_body_shop_two_tone_coffee_mug-r07de8

He and Miriam (his 15 year old daughter, home schooled)finally showed up at 1.

We got to work on Little Sister. The damage didn't look all that bad till we got into it.

IMG_20160926_132849_158.jpg

IMG_20160926_132846_128.jpg

The frame tip was bent, bumper mounts were tweaked, radiator support and cradle were bent, alignment was visibly off, hood was mangled, grill was busted, headlight destroyed, fender and bumper Fubar.

So we started pulling it apart. Things went pretty smoothly there. 

Since I didn't want to mess with discharging the AC I didn't want to pull the core support. I decided to hammer it back out. Things would have been perfect if the cradle had not been bent. We didn't realize how bad that was till I tried to put the fender back on. 

I checked the alignment with a tape measure and found it was almost 3/4 inch out. I did a quick and dirty alignment on it. Should make the tires last longer. 

The we ravaged the OX.

IMG_20160926_180237_922.jpg

Once I got the fender off I realized why it had the huge aftermarket flares on it. The fender was rusted bad. We decided to leave the flare on and just go with it. 

IMG_20160926_180205_856.jpg

Heath got home from school, found a pair of my reading glasses, and came out to supervise.

IMG_20160926_161654_629.jpg

I didn't have another grill and headlight assembly with the composite headlights. So we took the sealed beam setup off the parts pickup. Took some doing to get the core support straight enough to mount things up. 

By this time it was dark and we were working by flashlight. I was starting to really hurt. I was so tired I was having trouble remembering what I had fixed and what needed to be fixed. 

We put the hood on and it didn't fit. THen it started to rain. It was 8pm. I said forget it. I am done. Buiddy called his wife to come get him and Miriam.

I took some pain meds and passed out. I vaguely remember the alarm going off. She said I rolled over and said get Heath. 

I got up at 1130. I sent Buddy a text to come on up. He and Miriam got here at 12.

Miriam is a huge animal lover so she was in Heaven playing with all the furry stuff here. 

When I got outside I realized the problem was we were trying to put a square part in a trapezoidal hole.  After a few adjustments and some hammer time it closed perfectly. It wasn't pretty, but it does what it is supposed to do. 

Then I lined up the headlights

And now Little Sister, with a harelip.

IMG_20160927_125150_070.jpg

IMG_20160927_125142_488.jpg

There was no way to get it straighter without a torch to heat things up and straighten them better. Nothing fits right or is straight,  but it will pass inspection.

Once that was fixed he drove his wifes car back to her work at Chick-Fil-A in Shelby and I followed him down. I got some food and then he and I headed back. 

We had to pry Miriam away from the animals and then they went on their way. 

I am worn out, sore, and don't want to move. Hopefully I won't have to for a while. 

#4196 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,483 Thanks
  • 39,716 posts

Posted September 27, 2016 - 04:36 PM

That kind of repair is always great fun! Fix one thing and 30 others issues show up!

#4197 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,763 Thanks
  • 7,703 posts

Posted September 27, 2016 - 04:43 PM

That kind of repair is always great fun! Fix one thing and 30 others issues show up!

Ain't that the truth. All kinds of hidden damage. It took forever to get the headlight on the drivers side in stalled. I had to keep taking it out and reshaping the core support. Had he got there in the morning like he said it would have all been done yesterday..

Miriam said he was sitting on the couch playing with his phone. Only 60 year old teenager I know. 

Edited by UncleWillie, September 27, 2016 - 04:45 PM.

#4198 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,763 Thanks
  • 7,703 posts

Posted September 28, 2016 - 06:07 PM

And today was today.

This morning it was so foggy we could not see the school bus till it was about 50 yards away. Fortunately she was going slow with it.

easy.jpg

Then I did nothing till my doctors appointment at noon. 

Steph had an interview at 9 so I had to do nothing all by myself. I did get a call from Buddy. His wife's car is dead. 

fixing_problems.png

Steph got home and we left for my appt. 

The doc said I looked good, or at least my back does. She put me on my butt for another 2 weeks. 

We stopped at the grocery store then came home. 

At 245 we were waiting for Heath's bus. It didn't show. We called the school several times. At nearly 345 we got thru. The bus broke down in the parking lot. We told them to pull Heath off and went to get him. The neighbor was waiting too. I would rather go get Heath than stand there and wait.

Heath cried because the bus was broken. He was really upset.

We got home and I did more nothing. 

Tomorrow looks like more of the same. 

• olcowhand, MH81 and KennyP have said thanks

#4199 larrybl ONLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 415
  • 4,954 Thanks
  • 3,328 posts

Posted September 28, 2016 - 08:44 PM

Knowing you I expected a Fixing the Bus post. Take care of that back.

• KennyP said thank you

#4200 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,763 Thanks
  • 7,703 posts

Posted September 28, 2016 - 08:58 PM

Knowing you I expected a Fixing the Bus post. Take care of that back.

I figure I give Gaston County enough tax money. They can pay to fix their own dang crap.

• MH81 and KennyP have said thanks