wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,755 Thanks
  • 7,700 posts

Posted March 09, 2013 - 07:00 PM

Another beautiful day here in NC.

Got out to work on the trailer. Put heath in his playpen. And we jacked up the patient and took off the tire.

Got a big surprise. The wheel bearing was fine – the spring mount was broken.

2013-03-09_14-39-58_146_zpsdce2c724.jpg

So I called my welder, Timmy Dale, and he said he was leaving the house and would swing by and take a look at it.

When he arrived and took a look he said it was no big thing to fix and if I would bring it by when he came back from town he would weld it up.

SO we piddled around the yard and started taking some things apart. While we were waiting Timmy Dale's dad,Tim, called and needed a vacuum nipple off a Chevy engine. I thought I had one and told him to come on by.

Heath wanted out of his pen.

2013-03-09_14-42-05_213_zpse4e0bf8e.jpg

He got there and we looked on 4 different engines and had nothing the same size. Turns out he was working on a big block and not a small block.

Finally Timmy Dale drive past and blew his horn. That was the signal to bring it over.

SO I hopped in the BlueOx and commenced to dragging it down the road.

Got there and he welded it up. He also welded the loose fender and foxed the trailer jack that had been broken for 2 years.

While I was there Tim asked me what I would sell the Husqvarna for. I told him $200. He said he would think about it.

Cost me a grand total of $20.

Came home with a sore neck and knees and called it a day.

While I was sitting here typing this Tim showed up to buy the Husqy. He gave me $100 and will bring the other 100 tomorrow. He left with the tractor. I really doubt he is going to move over $100. I can hit his house with a rock from here so I could probably get it back.

• KennyP and oldedeeres have said thanks

#408 Michiganmobileman OFFLINE  

Michiganmobileman

Old Tractor Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5678
  • 1,235 Thanks
  • 1,842 posts

Posted March 09, 2013 - 08:18 PM

Its always nice to have friends with the necessary knowledge and equipment when the need arises. Sounds like he got you all fixed up.

#409 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,755 Thanks
  • 7,700 posts

Posted March 10, 2013 - 06:25 PM

Sundays are supposed to be for resting and lounging around. Today was not like that at all.

Woke up this morning and there was a heavy dew on the ground and it was overcast so I took my time with coffee and wrestling with Heath while Steph slept in.

At 10 or so I made my way outside into a beautiful day and let the business commence.

First order of business was a drive to Autozone to get oil and a filter for Frankenstein.

I got back home and commenced to oil changing. While I was under the truck I re-torqued the oil pan bolts since I had changed the gasket when I installed the engine. It had a leak. That solves one mystery.

With the oil changed I fired it up and started to search for the coolant smell. I couldn't find anything so I called Steph out to sniff around. She didn't smell anything either.

So I started to work on the horn issue. The relay was bad so I installed a new one and honked the horn. It fried the relay instantly. Fortunately I have a pile of them from scrap cars. After poking and prodding I couldn't find the problem so I called the owner and asked him about wiring it to a button. He said yes because it has to be inspected this week.

So I made a trip to AutoZone again and got a horn button.

While I was gone Steph and Heath had wandered out into the sunshine. Steph was cleaning up the yard. Lots of stuff surfaced in the storms and some small branches were down.

Heath found a shady spot to set a spell and rest.

2013-03-10_14-57-58_634_zps4dc7c37e.jpg

2013-03-10_14-57-47_867_zps05c181b2.jpg

Back in the truck I realized that the button I got would look like an elephants toenail hanging off the dash so I made another run to RadioShack to get a smaller momentary switch.

Back at home I made short work of soldering up the connections and putting a fuse in and getting it all buttoned up. Looks a lot better than the huge button.

2013-03-10_18-08-20_913_zps19ee3a69.jpg

Then we cleaned up the yard some more while Heath explored the yard. He found the clutch pedal on the DragonFly particularly interesting. He snatched on it for 20 minutes.

With everything cleaned up I came in the shop to get the invoice for Frankenstein done and smoke a cigar. I also got the shop computer connected to the home network so I can print. Now I am watching The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance.

Not a bad Sunday for a busy one.

• olcowhand and oldedeeres have said thanks

#410 WNYTractorTinkerer OFFLINE  

WNYTractorTinkerer

Tinker Master

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10789
  • 8,312 Thanks
  • 4,663 posts

Posted March 10, 2013 - 07:44 PM

You could always get this kind of horn!!

http://www.walmart.c...wl5=pla&veh=sem

#411 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,755 Thanks
  • 7,700 posts

Posted March 10, 2013 - 07:45 PM

lol. Not sure that would passinspection

• WNYTractorTinkerer said thank you

#412 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,637 Thanks
  • 29,838 posts

Posted March 10, 2013 - 07:48 PM

Did the elephant size button look like this?

spacer.gifspacer.gifGRP-repho68633_2.jpg

#413 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,755 Thanks
  • 7,700 posts

Posted March 10, 2013 - 08:08 PM

Did the elephant size button look like this?

spacer.gifspacer.gifattachicon.gifGRP-repho68633_2.jpg

yep

#414 marlboro180 OFFLINE  

marlboro180
  • Member No: 10710
  • 634 Thanks
  • 954 posts

Posted March 10, 2013 - 08:57 PM

Good days man, always enjoy reading this thread.  Thanks !

#415 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,755 Thanks
  • 7,700 posts

Posted March 11, 2013 - 06:52 PM

Another beautiful NC day.

I was up late chatting with my oldest son. My ex has not allowed me to see my other kids since fathers day 2007. Since I cannot afford to hire a lawyer who can beat her lawyer I have just been biding my time till they are old enough. I recently discovered that at the age of 14 a child in NC can choose which parent to live with. My oldest son just turned 14. I found out that my ex has moved them to Pheonix, AZ. I was a but miffed last night.

SO I got up late this morning and started out taking Carmel out to pee. She immediately jumped in the back of Stephs truck. She wanted to go for a ride. About an hour later we all loaded up in the BlueOx to go to the scrap yard so Carmel got to ride. She loved it. Her leg is doing much better.

We got back and transferred Heath into Frankenstein so Steph could follow me up to Newton, NC to drop off a preacher friends 2000 Toyota Tundra at a shop. ON the drive up I found one thing I liked about the Tundra – it wasn't mine. I absolutely hated it. Seat was too low, too close to the floor (don't Japanese have legs) too hard ( like an upholstered brick), and there wasn't enough headroom. Engine was too quiet. Ride was too harsh (and I drive a ¾ ton Suburban). Mirrors were useless. Stereo was to far from the steering wheel. Center console was too small and too low. And it looks like a bullfrog and Lady Gaga had a love child. Yep best thing about it is that someone elses name is on the title.

After we dropped it off we went to Northern Tool to grab a few things and then Steph said she wanted to eat at Hooters. So we did.

I was sorely disappointed. I have never seen such an accumulation of ugly women in skimpy clothes in my life. If you go to Hooters of Hickory Facebook page the girls look attractive. Several of the ones that were on duty today are on the page. IN person however. Well lets just say that it is a good thing I came for a hamburger and not a show.

Finally, we headed home. Just a s Frankenstein owner called and said he was on the way to get his truck. Good thing he called since we had his truck.

Got home and Frank was sitting in the front yard. He beat us home by 5 minutes. Collected a check for my labor and Frank left a machete that he had loaned to his brother in law for me to to sharpen. I think someone used it to cut lead pipe with.

Now it is time to relax and unwind.

• WNYTractorTinkerer and oldedeeres have said thanks

#416 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,637 Thanks
  • 29,838 posts

Posted March 11, 2013 - 07:19 PM

Never have understood how X wives figure taking a kid's Dad out of their lives is only hurting the Dad & not the kids.  It always ends up biting them in the back side, & that would be ok by me except the kids have to suffer through it all.

• KennyP, tractorgarden, motobreeder and 4 others have said thanks

#417 WNYTractorTinkerer OFFLINE  

WNYTractorTinkerer

Tinker Master

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10789
  • 8,312 Thanks
  • 4,663 posts

Posted March 11, 2013 - 07:40 PM

Never have understood how X wives figure taking a kid's Dad out of their lives is only hurting the Dad & not the kids.  It always ends up biting them in the back side, & that would be ok by me except the kids have to suffer through it all.

The only happy ones are the dang lawyers! :wallbanging:  :wallbanging:

Lady Gaga & a Bullfrog!!! :biting_nails:

BTW-  Wait till heath gets older...  He'll add the letter 'Y' to your dash button there!!

Edited by WNYTractorTinkerer, March 11, 2013 - 07:41 PM.

• UncleWillie said thank you

#418 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,755 Thanks
  • 7,700 posts

Posted March 11, 2013 - 07:56 PM

After we first separated she took them away and I told her that at some point she would pay for it and it would be in such a way that no one could say I did it to her. She allowed me to see the kids about 2 years later. I kept them over night. The next morning she tolled her truck 6 times. When she called me and told me she thought she was dying I told her I was glad for her. She said I didn't sound very sympathetic, I told her I wasn't.  She will get what is coming to her.

#419 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,755 Thanks
  • 7,700 posts

Posted March 11, 2013 - 07:57 PM

The only happy ones are the dang lawyers! :wallbanging:  :wallbanging:

Lady Gaga & a Bullfrog!!! :biting_nails:

BTW-  Wait till heath gets older...  He'll add the letter 'Y' to your dash button there!!

Not my truck, but Frank has 6 kids so I am sure one of them will get it done.

• marlboro180 and WNYTractorTinkerer have said thanks

#420 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,705 Thanks
  • 8,559 posts

Posted March 12, 2013 - 09:21 AM

My X was like that, tried to keep the kid from me, but they all (except one) ended up figuring a way to come live with Dad even if it was in their teen years.  We now have two that live here in the same town and two in Va.  One in VA is a Daddy's girl and comes to visit at least twice a year.  The X now live alone and has gone through 3 other husbands and countless boyfriends.  The Kids visit when she pays for it.  So it does come back around you just have to give it enough time.