wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,748 Thanks
  • 7,698 posts

Posted September 13, 2016 - 07:33 PM

Is is Monday all week?

This morning I had to rush to get Heath on the bus. I could not get that boy in gear. I barely had a sip of coffee after I had him dressed and fed, then he had to be shuffled off to the bus. He wakes up like his momma. I wake up and I am up. They have to have about 30 minutes to transform from Zombie to human.

deadcoffee.jpg

Then I got to wait. And wait, And wait. And wait for Graham. I called and texted and finally he told me he had a chiropractor appt today. 

I got bored and was messing with my computer and messed up. My computer isn't normal anymore. The one in the office took a dirt nap. I was using Stephs 49 pound laptop and I lost my grip and dropped it 4 inches and broke the screen. So I took the small flatscreen TV out of the ofice and mounted it by my recliner. Nice solution huh. 

Well, while I was bored I decided to try to make the picture fit the screen better. In the process I dropped my mouse. It shut off the second monitor. While I was trying to see if the cable was unpluged I unplugged the charger. Then while I was scratching my head the computer shut down.

I only had 3/4 in ch of usable screen. I could not put the password in because I had no idea where to put it. so I quit

At 1130 he showed up. He did not go to get the parts though. So I sent him after them. 

He came back and we got back on the truck. 

It took us 3 hours to get the oil pan off. Not because we are incompetent, but because a team of drunk rabid monkeys installed it and then formed the truck around it. I was about ready to saw the front end off the truck. 

It finally came free and Graham grabbed it and put it behind the tire out of my sight where I promptly forgot to look in side it. 

Heath's bus appeared and I went over to get him, grease and all. He had on different pants than he left with. He had an accident on the bus on the way to school. 

I pulled off the oil pump and found this. 

IMG_20160913_151516052 (1).jpg

Pump is completely plugged up. New pump vs old one. 

Like a dummy I went ahead and installed the new pump and a rear main seal. remember I said Graham put the pan where I couldn't see it. Well, he handed it back to me and it sounded like a maraca. I scooped the bottom of the pan and came up with very thin shards of steel. 

For those wondering I hit submit instead of adding a picture. So here is the rest.l 

Steph came home while we were in the discovery phase. I think Graham would have cried if she had not.

At that point there was nothing left to do but pack up. 

I honestly thought it was a good truck. Had I not I would never have loaned him the extra money to buy it.  Now we have to find an engine. Anyone got a 2.2 they want to part with cheap?

I came in and showered off 4 inches of grime and grease.

Steph wanted to walk after dinner. I wanted to slide deeper in to my recliner. So we both did. 

While I sat here I got to playing with the computer. After a 30 minute sub hunt I finally got the password in the box and got the screen on. 

Then I had 3/4 inch of monitor to work with. While I played with that I noticed that one of the F keys has a sub heading that says CRT/LCD. It turned the tv on, but it read it as a second monitor and not a duplicate and it only had a background.  So I played around and managed to figure out how to put something from one screen to the other and finally got the stupid thing working. 

I will be perfectly satisfied with an off center picture. 

Steph walked both dogs. We have a pronged collar we use or they will smell a wild animal and nearly drag you off your feet. She took Carmels regular collar off to use it.

They all came in and I was sitting here and Heath decided to put the red collar back on her. He had both ears under it and her eyes pulled back like she was oriental, but she just sat there. She loves her boy.

Edited by UncleWillie, September 13, 2016 - 07:45 PM.

• olcowhand, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#4157 larrybl ONLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 415
  • 4,943 Thanks
  • 3,322 posts

Posted September 13, 2016 - 07:45 PM

Arrrrrg. With the condition Willies puters are in, it may be next week to hear the end of the story. 

• MH81, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#4158 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,748 Thanks
  • 7,698 posts

Posted September 14, 2016 - 02:30 PM

I ain't done a thing all day

026373f7500c22ba2a040f22374215e4.jpg

I needed it. Back is sore. 

#4159 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,440 Thanks
  • 39,677 posts

Posted September 14, 2016 - 06:07 PM

Been there! Done that! I overworked myself today!

• Craig. said thank you

#4160 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,630 Thanks
  • 29,836 posts

Posted September 14, 2016 - 06:34 PM

Pretty tired myself, but I got a lot done.

• Craig. said thank you

#4161 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,748 Thanks
  • 7,698 posts

Posted September 15, 2016 - 04:56 PM

Not to bad today. 

Steph stayed home from work today. You would think that would make things go smoother. HA.

I got Heath up and he did not want to wake up. I got Steph to make him some cereal while I forced him into his clothes. 

14e31c84365b123a58306a9521cb8c65.jpg

I was sitting here reading an article while he ate. Every minute to so I would tell him to take a bite. While that was going on I saw yellow go past the window. OOPS. I ran out to tell the bus driver I would be taking him to school today. 

He finished his cereal and we got in "the big truck" BettyBlue and headed off. 

My brother was telling me how the moms picking up and dropping off at his daughters school is like watching a modeling show. Here it is more like the Walking dead. 

I got back home at 8:01. Steph had asked me to wake her at 8. So I did. 

After I was properly caffeinated I went outside. 

To try to make it look a little better I wanted to take the tarp down from Grahams truck and wrap it around the truck like a car cover. The wind did lot like my idea. I had to get Steph to help me. 

Then we cleaned out CherryBerry. I took my comfortable bucket seats out and put the split bench back in. I am not letting my seats escape. After the interior was cleaned...

IMG_20160915_132324235.jpg

IMG_20160915_132337879_HDR.jpg

I attempted to start the pressure washer. 

Unfortunately it had sat too long. I had to pull the bowl off the carb and blow drain the gas tank. I blew air thru the fuel inlet and it coughed a bugger out. 

Three pulls of the rope later and it was running. 

CB got scrubbed on the outside. 

IMG_20160915_132250366.jpg IMG_20160915_132258951.jpg

With her all cleaned up I parked her out front with the for sale sign on the front. 

Then I backed BettyBlue around back and took the pressure washer her. jI soon realized that the hood and roof were covered with tree sap. I kept blasting her off till the pressure washer ran out of gas. I got the hood cleaned and the greasy hand prints off the fenders. 

I was drenched so I came in to dry off. Steph stayed outside to do something. 

Once Heath go home on the bus we loaded up in BB and went to the bank. In cleaning out CB we found lots of change. That got added to the change jar and we took it to be counted. 

$76.49 in change. Not bad. Then we went to Aldis and Walmart to get some stuff. I needed coffee. 

One stop at the pharmacy and we were back home.

Tomorrow I get to play Taxi all day.  

• olcowhand, MH81, Craig. and 1 other said thanks

#4162 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,748 Thanks
  • 7,698 posts

Posted September 16, 2016 - 03:40 PM

Finally.

This morning I was up early. Before the alarm.

I got Heath up and started on his breakfast.

new-york-taxi-coffee-mug-black-yellow-checked-cab-driver-cup-b2c37a26b9bafde4d355d9fbf7b995a1 (1).jpg

Steph left for work at about 630. Heath and I chilled till his bus got here at 715.

I came in for more coffee. 

At 745 I went across the street in BettyBlue and picked up Jenni and took her to work. She asked if the AC worked since I had the windows down. I told her I would find out.

I was back home by 815. Under the hood by 820.

When I hooked up my gauges it was showing 30 PSI on the lines. I jumped out the compressor and it still blew hot. 

I opened the valve on the gauges and it only blew out air. Odd. 

So I got out my little Harbor Freight vacuum and hooked up the little air compressor. Unfortunately the little compressor is only good for tires I have found out. It only builds to 70 psi. So I was unable to pull a good vacuum. I only got it to -8psi. not near enough. 

I shot three cans of Freon in it and it started to cool. It isn't super cold, but it is cooler than nothing. 

Then I pulled the rear-view mirror out of the BlueOx and stuck it in. It had been driving me bonkers to not have one. I kept forgetting to put one in. 

I piddled around some and came in at noon. 

At 245 Heath got home. We got in BB and left. At 3 I was at the resturant Jeni works at. At 315 we were back home. 

We came in. 

Sam showed up and is eating my food again. 

Steph should be home in a bit. 

I will end with how to drive BB

The clutch is a bit wonky. You have to out think it to drive it.

First Gear - If you don't let off just exactly right it will stall. If you are on an uphill slope there is an 85% chance of stalling.

Second gear - is just like a normal gear.

Third gear - push clutch, move gear shift to third, release clutch, wait one second, then step on gas. Other wise it will slip the clutch.

Fourth gear - almost like third, wait time varies.

Fifth gear - push clutch in, move gearshift to the neutral position below 5th gear, gently push up until you feel the syncronizers tickle the shifter, then pull back slightly on the shifter, push forward - DO NOT STOP till gear shift is fully in the 5th position, release clutch, count to three, finally step on gas. Once you get the hang of it it is about a 4 second shift.

Reverse - with vehicle fully stopped, put gearshift into 5th gear, pull stick to reverse position, let of clutch and go.

• olcowhand, MH81, Craig. and 1 other said thanks

#4163 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,748 Thanks
  • 7,698 posts

Posted September 17, 2016 - 05:50 PM

Big things today.

101112_coffee1.jpg

This morning I took my neighbor to work and came home. Shortly after I fell asleep in my recliner. 

After noon at some point I went out to find out why the lighter plug in BettyBlue didn't work. I found that the PO had cut the wires and stuck them in the dash - still live. I fixed that and came in.

at 245 I was driving down to pick my neighbor up from work. I had to go past a car show. An idiot in a very nice 77 (it was on his license plate - I am not that good) El Camino with a Power Tour 2013 sticker on the back window pulled right out in front of me. BettyBlue nearly drove over the top of him. Since lots of cars were parked on the side of the road I had no where to go. After barely stopping in time to avoid his right rear quarter panel he drove on like he owned the whole town.

If I owned a vehicle that nice you can guarantee I would not be pulling out in front of anything like that.

I got back home and Steph was murdering rabbits. I came inside. After an hour of doing my PT exercises I was worn out. 

#4164 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,748 Thanks
  • 7,698 posts

Posted September 18, 2016 - 05:37 PM

UHoh

Things were going great. 

x354-q80.jpg

I was doing my exercises this afternoon and my back felt funny. It felt like there was a rock under my back. I had Steph look at it and my scar has opened up. 

Not really gross, but I know some people are squeemish.

http://imgur.com/vRG9k8Q

Called the doc. He said since there is no blood and no fever to come in tomorrow morning. 

• olcowhand and Craig. have said thanks

#4165 larrybl ONLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 415
  • 4,943 Thanks
  • 3,322 posts

Posted September 18, 2016 - 05:42 PM

A little super glue will fix that. :poke:

• Craig., KennyP and UncleWillie have said thanks

#4166 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,630 Thanks
  • 29,836 posts

Posted September 18, 2016 - 06:04 PM

Duct tape!

• Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#4167 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• Member No: 1842
  • 881 Thanks
  • 763 posts

Posted September 19, 2016 - 01:21 PM

Tried super glue... won't do that again lol. That was 20 yrs ago today they have super glue for skin.

#4168 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,630 Thanks
  • 29,836 posts

Posted September 19, 2016 - 03:50 PM

Tried super glue... won't do that again lol. That was 20 yrs ago today they have super glue for skin.

Sounds like regular super glue burned eh?
  • Craig. said thank you

#4169 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,748 Thanks
  • 7,698 posts

Posted September 19, 2016 - 04:31 PM

I use super glue all the time. Burns a bit, but holds great.

Once Steph and Heath were gone I had a few  minutes to myself.

siphon-logo.png

Then I headed off to the doc. She looked at my incision and said it was not good, but not too bad. No pain and no fever are good signs. She cleaned and bandaged me and sent me on my way with some fibrous stuff to put on the site so it drains properly and heals right. I was told to be a little easier while taking it easy. She called in an antibiotic for me just in case.

I came home and sat a bit. Then I went to the pharmacy.

There is a gas shortage in NC due to the pipeline break in AL. Only one station I drove past had gas. It had 4000 people waiting to buy it. I had 3/4 tank so I wen to by. I filled up Friday when they announced the break. 

I passed another station and I remembered that Steph had filled up the Blazer the day before it puked. So I stopped by Ace and got 5 feet of hose. 

At home I got my little mighty-mite vacuum pump that is half dead and used it to start the siphon. I got about 8 gallons out before Heath got home (without his lunch box) and moved the hose. I didn't notice the siphon had stopped. We came inside and I set a timer for 20 minutes. It was taking about 10 minutes to get a gallon out so I figured I could go check it and be safe. When I went back out there was about 2 cups of gas in the can. Dangit. 

I restarted it and came in. 20 minutes later I went out. I had about 2 gallons in the can and it was starting to rain. I put the caps of every thing and hung the hose from the back wiper of the Blazer. 

Steph got home and filled me in on her day. 

In a bit I will go out and siphon more. 

• olcowhand and MH81 have said thanks

#4170 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• Member No: 1842
  • 881 Thanks
  • 763 posts

Posted September 19, 2016 - 09:36 PM

Sounds like regular super glue burned eh?

EXTREEM :firejumper: