• Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,242 Thanks
  • 28,599 posts

Posted September 05, 2016 - 06:28 AM

I looked at the Gaston Gazzette.
No word yet, but they did have a nice parade remembering a HS that was closed 50 years ago.
  • Craig. said thank you

#4142 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted September 05, 2016 - 01:15 PM

I am going to give the camera some time. This morning his friend drive through our yard. I saved the video. Steph took pics of the tracks. rather than go about it like a caveman with a hammer I am going to give it time and build a case and let him hang himself. I will continue to call the police to the house when he trespasses whether they do anything or not. It is all evidence.

Who know he might get drunk and burn his house down. 

• olcowhand, MH81, Craig. and 2 others have said thanks

#4143 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted September 05, 2016 - 02:24 PM

Kinda boring around here. 

(looked up boring coffee - found this)

F55TULSG825RF1Y.MEDIUM.jpg

Went to Lowes yesterday. Got a one inch and an 1 3/8 inch 4 foot long wooden dowels. Going to make a new cane. I actually have some tools this time. When I made my old one many moons back I had sold nearly all of my tools to survive. I made it was a Dremel tool(only power tool I didnt sell). Crude, but long enough for me to use, and evidently durable enough since it lasted 15 years. 

We came home. I collapsed into my recliner and didn't get back up. No clue how far I walked. I am calling it a rest day LOL. 

Didn't get a lot of sleep last night. 

I got up and went to change the SD card in the camera/ Found a friend of Bob's driving through my yard. Saved the videos. 

I started a  "Bob Log" to keep track of what is going on with Bob. I had to search through my hat thread for words like: idiot, Yankee, Bob, Turkey, chickens, and 911. Found more than i remembered. Again the Hat helps. 

• olcowhand, MH81, Craig. and 2 others have said thanks

#4144 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,383 Thanks
  • 39,650 posts

Posted September 05, 2016 - 04:43 PM

I have a nice cane here that was my FIL's. He doesn't need it anymore. I could send it your way! Might need an extension on the bottom.

• Craig. said thank you

#4145 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted September 05, 2016 - 08:13 PM

I like my cane. One inch oak. I could leave a nice knot on someones head. I just want to try it again. I have learned a bit more about wood working (thanks Norm Abrams and Roy Underhill). I want to try some new stuff. I will never be much of a carver, but I might be able to make it better. 

We went out for a walk tonight in the dark. Halfway through I noticed the grass on the corner had been massacred and the game camera was pointed at the bushes. Evidently Yankee saw it and jumped the fence back in the poison ivy and blackberry and came up to move it. 

Steph went in and got the keys for the lock and the other SD card. I put the camera in test mode and Steph walked back and forth while I tried to aim it. I couldn't get it to go into test mode so I pulled it off the post and brought it in.

There is no way to set the camera for less than  5 second delay. So there were lots of normal videos where the wind blew the bushes and then there was one where it was suddenly pointed at the trees.  

I asked Steph for the other card and she didn't have it. SO she went out to look for it while I tinkered with the camera. I finally turned it off and back on ( insert tech support joke here) and it started working.  So I erased the card and then took the camera back out to the pole.

We searched the yard for a good while. Steph had the real bright light. I had my little pen light. After the first lap around the yard I switched lights with her. The bright light has a focus on it and she had it as small as it went. I widened it out and found it in 3 minutes. 

I am tired and sweaty and didn't even get my whole walk. Oh well. Some days are like that. It is Monday after all. 

Edited by UncleWillie, September 05, 2016 - 08:19 PM.

• MH81, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#4146 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,230 Thanks
  • 5,071 posts

Posted September 05, 2016 - 09:15 PM

Has this guy always lived by you?

Seems like you have a good relationship with all your neighbors besides him.
  • Craig. said thank you

#4147 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted September 05, 2016 - 09:41 PM

No I was here first. I was here 4 years before he moved in.

The guy who was in that house when I moved in was an ass as well. Although, I had worked with him a few years before I moved in here and he was an ass at work too. I didn't realize he lived there when I moved in.

Maybe it is something about that house. 

• olcowhand, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#4148 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,242 Thanks
  • 28,599 posts

Posted September 05, 2016 - 09:50 PM

The guy who was in that house when I moved in was an ass as well.
Maybe it is something about that house.

Or being your neighbor...
:bigrofl:
  • olcowhand, Craig., KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#4149 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,574 Thanks
  • 29,821 posts

Posted September 05, 2016 - 11:00 PM

Well burn old Willie why don't ya!   :rolling:

• MH81, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#4150 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted September 06, 2016 - 12:06 AM

Hey now I might resemble that remark.  :cowboy_shooter:  :anvil_drop:

The first guy called the county till the county came out and told me literally ,"it is your yard do whatever the hell you want in it". I later found out that Wayne had build a $175,000 home and was trying to sell the property next door to pay for it - a 15 year old double wide and 4 acres of land  right after the market crash. Wasn't my fault it didn't sell for 2 years. He lowered the price and it sold in 3 months. HE did take my dog and dump it when he left. If I could have proven that I would have been happy. Dog made it back. Well almost. He got within a mile and a family took him in. He escaped from their house and showed up here fat and wearing a new rabies tag. They loved him so much they sat in my back yard and cried. I didn't have the heart to keep him after that. But I digress...

But honestly. How sane do you have to be to mess with a guy who could physically break you in half one handed. I read an article years back where Mike Tyson was being interviewed.  They asked him what he would do if someone came up in a dark alley and wanted to start a fight. Tyson said something along the lines of, I would run like hell because that guy is damn crazy.  :oh_shucks:

• olcowhand, MH81, Craig. and 3 others have said thanks

#4151 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted September 09, 2016 - 11:27 AM

Some days you're the windshield, some day you get beaten with a wooden club. Only the club is full of spikes. And covered in habenero sauce. And on fire. And swung by the Incredible Hulk. (all except for one thing)

Wednesday on the way to get my stitches out the transmission in Cb died. SO we swapped over to Christine and left. 

The doc was impressed that I could walk 2.5 miles. 

Yesterday was Heaths first day of school.And things started off well enough. I was up at 6am. Steph told me that i needed to have him there at 8. As I sat here I was looking at the paperwork we got from the school I realized that he had to be there at 730. 

f3091605240543dbff1d11b919795366.jpg

So we hopped in Graham's truck and went down. 

When I took him to his room his teacher said I could take his lunch back since he was one lunch program. I looked at the menu. Nothing he would eat. I told her to feed him what I brought. She got uppity and told me it was against the rules. I had to opt out. I put his lunch in his cubby and told her to give it to him or she could deal with me. I would get it worked out. 

Down at the office they had a very simple solution. I wrote a note opting him out of school lunches. Knowing how bad communication is in public facilities, I went back to the class room and explained to her that I had opted him out. 

I got back home and got started working. I got the parts Suburban started. I did have to limp CB around back to jump start it. Then I pulled Spooky back from where it was sitting.

The Gravley, true to form, started instantly. I dropped the blades as low as they went (think 2 day beard growth low) and mowed where Spooky had been. 

I had a tarp to put back over Spooky so that went up. My back protested a bit, but I lived through it. 

I had to back the Explorer/crane over to hold up one corner of the tarp.

Then I shuffled some more stuff around. When my back got sore I came in.

After I cooled down and stopped hurting I started back out the door. This is where I wish I had a do over. 

I realized that the brand new Zippo I had in my pocket had disappeared. So I got out the little battery operated ween eater and started hacking thru the weeds where I had reached in my pocket to getmy knife. It wasn't there, but I had the trimmer out so I kept trimming.  

I didn't hear the alarm on my phone. Or the phone call from the school. I came in for a drink and saw the paper from the school. Pickup time was 2:15. Steph told me 3. It was 225. OOps.

I jumped in Grahams new truck and headed out. 

By the end of the road it was smoking. I Slowed down and heard it clattering. Dammit. Fortunately the school was close so I limped/coasted there. They were calling again when I got into the parking lot.

I thought it was the oil pump. Heath said it needed a new engine.

I called AAA and Heath and I waited. An hour and a half later we were still waiting. I called AAA. They said he would be there shortly. Turns out he was sitting in wreck traffic. A gal had to be air lifted out.

We got dragged home.

Steph, Sam, his girlfriend, and dog all beat me there. Sam got there first. For some reason his dog decided to crap all over the house. I mean ALL over. In every room all over. They were just getting that cleaned up when Steph got home. 

Sam was mowing when I got there. Well, he was riding around with the bladed engaged, and up as high as they go. 

Once the truck was unloaded (the driver let Heath operate the controls, he loved that) and the blades were lowered. I came in. 

Sam hit a stick big enough to shut the JD off. I went out and we got it loose and he drove it over to the little crane. I crawled under and my phone rang. A gal with a 95 Suburban was finally calling back. I told her I was under a tractor and I would call her right back.

Somehow between the tree and the crane the stick fell out.

I called her back. She assured me that just the catalytic converter was plugged. I figured if that was the problem I could whack it off and drive it home. I told her that IF I could start it I would buy it since I had used my AAA for the month. 

The JD died again. It was out of gas. Filled it up and he started again. It died again. Every time I walked in it died. When I walked out it started.

I ordered them a pizza, told Sam if it died again to quit. We loaded tools in Christine. Heath, Steph, and I left. 

On the way down a drunk driver nearly rear ended us, while throwing beer cans out. I was doing my best to keep from getting hit. He passed us and I got his tag and then could not get my phone out of the dash mount. It literally would not let go. I got Steph's phone and started dialing. Then I saw a cop and flagged him down and gave him the info. I didn't realize the 911 call had connected. They heard the whole conversation. They did call back to get the tag number because they couldn't quite understand it.

Then the phone mount opened up and dropped my phone on the floor. No matter what I did it would not hold my phone, which needed charging, and would only charge on the mount. I finally grabbed the mount and squeezed it as hard as I could. Then I had to take the mount apart to answer calls. 

We needed gas and I needed to fill the tractor can so we stopped at QuikTrip. We left and hit the interstate. On the ramp I heard something, but didn't see anything that would have made the noise. When I got on 85 a woman in an orange SUV pulled up next to me and said something flew off my truck. I looked at the dash and my heart sunk. Like a complete fool I had laid my wallet - complete with $1000 cash - on the roof.

I snatched the truck to the shoulder, slammed it in reverse and went back. Soon I realized that I cojuld not back to the ramp, nor could I walk because there was literally no shoulder on a bridge. 

First gear, clutch dumped, many many laws broken, 2 miles to the next ramp ( solid cement barricade in the center 6 feet tall) raced to the south bound ramp and then played Formula One back to exit 17. There in the center of the on ramp was my wallet, all its contents in tact. If I ever see that ornage SUV again I will run if off the road and hug that woman till her eyeballs fall out. 

We got up by the airport and the woman called back wanting to know if we were on the way. Since I was using my phone for GPS we missed a turn. There was no way to turn around. I had to go 5 miles out of the way to get back. 

I did pass the mower junk yard that I could not remember where it was.

We got to the house and the truck was sitting in the yard. I got out to look. It was full of cigarette butts. I mean front to rear. OK nothing that giving a car wash vac cancer wouldn't cure. Interior also looked like a herd of wild beavers attacked it.

The muffler was blown up. We poured some gas in the TBI and hooked it to Christine. IT turned over way to easy to be the cat plugged. I asked if I could cut off the muffler. They said ok so I did. Steph cranked it. It is exhausting just fine.

So on to other things. A quick wiring check. All good. Pulled a spark plug, gapped twice as big as it should, Steph cranked it, no spark. Dangit. 

We had spark at the coil, none at the plugs. Rotor cap seemed to turn just fine. One of the plug wires was cut in half from rubbing on things. So it is a bad cap or rotor or module. After an hour and a half of playing with it I called it. NO GO. I told her if I couldn't find something else I would return with parts and see if I could get it cranked.

On the way home we nearly got hit twice. 

We got back to Gastonia and Heath was hungry. He kept telling us to go to every restaurant we passed. 

I stopped at Long Johns because I have wanted greasy fish for a while. I got Heath some chicken. Steph doesn't like them we we had to go across the road to KFC. We left there and went to the light to leave the parking lot even though it was less convenient. LIght turned green. There was one car in the oncoming lane in the right had only turn lane. I started to pull out (into my lane) the girl in the oncoming lane went straight. She turned at the last second and nearly hit us and the car in the cross lane. I was about ready to just walk home. 

Finally got home. Had a glass of Makers Mark, ate greasy fish (WITH NO MALTED VINEGAR!!!), and chatted with my brother while Steph and Heath snored.

• olcowhand, MH81, Craig. and 1 other said thanks

#4152 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,574 Thanks
  • 29,821 posts

Posted September 09, 2016 - 09:08 PM

Wow Willie, what a crazy day you've had!   Makes most of my days seem so tame!

#4153 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted September 09, 2016 - 11:22 PM

Wow Willie, what a crazy day you've had!   Makes most of my days seem so tame!

Well if you thought yesterday was wild.....

born_to_be_wild_coffee_mug-r7f54371c5249

This morning I got up and sat down for just a few minutes. 

Right off the bat my Buddy Ben called and said he would be up after a while to look for  an electric motor. 4 hours later the avalanche of phone calls, texts, and emails let up. I went outside. 

I started putting the trailer hitch back on the 95 parts Burb. I needed to get my big trailer back up the hill. I decided to go ahead and hook up the jump box because it usually take it about 15 minutes to start that big 350. 

Steph did not charge the jump box last night when she brought it in. She sat it down within 4 inches of the plug, but didn't plug it in. I was slightly miffed to say the least. This has been a ongoing thing. I am about to hook her to the jump box as a reminder. Since my battery charger is dead and there was not a running vehicle that had a good alternator (the Furd Exploder has a bad Alt) there was no way to jump it. I tried hooking the jump box up and plugging it in. I continued to work on the hitch. 

Things did not go well. I needed 14 more hands. Heath was too busy trying to climb a tree to assist. 

By the time Ben got there I was in pretty dang mad mode. The truck was not charging. 

Ben's truck would not fit up next to the Burb because the gantry crane was in the way. 

We didn't find him a motor, but he did pull the trailer up the hill. 

The burb would not start and I could not pull the battery out of the deep hole it was in. Back isn't up to it. 

So I got the Exploder pulled up next to the Blazer and swapped batteries. 

I attempted to push the gantry crane. Problem is the Exploder is so light the crane just picked the back of it up and it turned one end of it over. At this point I was slightly beyond mad. 

I tried to get it back upright only to discover that it has smashed the truck bed for Spooky when it fell. I was getting to the almost livid point. 

Graham came over and got in the explorer and tried to pull it upright while I lifted it with the litter hoyer lift. Things were going great - till the Furd stalled and the whole dang crane fell over - on the bed. And it bent the hoyer lift

At that point I could not even see straight. If only that stinking jump box had been charged I would have been done.

I told Graham to go home and I stormed inside. I was about at the point of punching holes in the walls. I drank 2 quarts of Gatorade and sat a while. 

Heath wanted to watch cartoons so I put Animaniac's on. In a bit I was laughing and after that I was ready to try again. 

Heath stayed in side to watch cartoons. 

IN about an hour I had one side stood back up. I was assembling a makeshift winch when Steph pulled in. 

We had a brief, but very pointed discussion about doing things the right way. I was not happy about it. She seemed to understand. 

In about an other hour we got the other side of the crane back up. Then we picked the bed back up with it.

I got on the Gravley with the blades set to 5 o'clock shadow and mowed the area, Then the Crane got hooked up to the Exploder and moved. Then that spot got scalped. 

The Expoloder was hooked up to the trailer and the trailer was put where it needed to be. 

Grahams truck was facing the wrong way so we pulled it around the yard and then got it up on the trailer and on ramps. After looking under it I am leaning hard toward rear main failure. 

We came in and I drank 2 more quarts of Gatorade while I cooled down some. 

A guy with a truck I had called about called me back. I decided it was worth a look. He told me it had a bad TBI so we pulled the one off the parts Burb just in case. 

We got down with no real problems other than our banks ATM was out of money and we had to get a little extra cash from one that charged us. 

We got to the truck and I gave ti the once over in the dark and saw it had potential so we took it for a test drive. 

Man was it loud. Dual glass packs. 

The drive was good. The clutch needs some work. 

I bought it. 

Everything but the power door locks work. It needs a rear view mirror, motor mount, pilot shaft bearing, clutch bleed, adn some rodent wiring modifications repaired. Everything else is cosmetic.

Meet BettyBlue ( I took pics with my best potato). 1990 Chevy C1500 5 speed 305. Not perfect, but it will fill in till I get everything else fixed. 

IMG_20160909_225612233.jpg

IMG_20160909_225628258.jpg

IMG_20160909_225640420.jpg

IMG_20160909_225654540.jpg

IMG_20160909_225708878.jpg

IMG_20160909_225718297.jpg

We let the dogs run when we got home. They went bonkers over the truck. I think Carmel sniffed a coat of paint off it. 

• MH81, Craig., KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#4154 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted September 12, 2016 - 07:16 AM

47ecfd4228aa9ed9237cb43f311020e5.jpg

I had not planned to do anything yesterday, but a guy called and said he had parts for a portable garage we took a ride down to Gastonia to get them. Turns out he had a pop up canopy. At least I bought a new tarp from him for cheap.

Then we went to eat supper. Steph opted for Hooters since she was craving some wings. I am not a sports fan and didn't think about all the football maniacs being there. 

Two guys at another table were dumbfounded at Heath using a knife to cut up his chicken - correctly I might add. 

I did take a walk about BettyBlue - then let her speak on her own beahalf. Audio stinks though.

Then I made a short video on repairing my popup canopy. 

I also took the tiny Grant steering wheel off Betty and put on the wheel off of the BlueOx. I could not comfortably drive the gokart wheel on it. 

• olcowhand, MH81 and wvbuzzmaster have said thanks

#4155 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted September 12, 2016 - 02:41 PM

Light duty. HEHEHE

10486585-light-bulb-coffee-art.jpg

This morning Heath and I staggered around a bit and waited for the bus to arrive. 

It showed up and I got on to strap him in. All the kids started calling me a giant. Then a whacked my head on the roof. 

I came back in to wait for Sam and Graham. Sam got here first. 

I got him on the John Deere and sent him to Grahams house. His grass was about 2 feet tall. 

While Sam started mowing I went and beat on the door. He was still asleep. His wife prodded him out of bed and told him to get moving. 

I started walking to the house and I heard the mower stop. The blades would not engage. I looked and the clutch was unplugged so I figured he hit a stick or something. 

I got back to the house and carried some tools to Grahams truck while he staggered over. 

I heard the deck on the Deere stop again. A short time later Same came driving over. The deck belt was gone. I guess a piece of the belt slapped the plug. 

Sam hopped on the Gravley and went back to mowing.

Graham and I set about disassembling the S10. After a bit I heard the Gravley shut off. Sam came walking over. Out of gas. He tossed the can in BettyBlue and we  over. 

I am going to have to fix the starter on the Gravley. You have to give ti a tap before it will crank.

He finished mowing and came over to help us with the truck. 

I would far rather take the clutch out of Christine. IT was a PITA to remove the trans. 

Once it was finally out and the clutch was pulled we could see the rear main was leaking. The oil pan gasket too. So we are going to go ahead and replace the oil pump while we are in there. No sense and having to pull it all out again. The clutch looks brand new. 

At 230 we were done. Well Graham and I were done working on his truck. 

I wanted to see about bleeding the clutch on BB so I crawled under it while Sam pumped it and Graham kept an eye on the fluid level. We made it worse. It had no clutch at all. 

I tinkered a bit got it back to merely bad. It will need a new slave cyl.

When the three of us attacked the broken trampoline and tossed the pieces in BB. Steph said she is going to buy him a new on for Christmas. We will see. 

Sam finished mowing. I came in to collapse and wait for Heaths Bus to arrive. 

The bus driver said when he got to school this morning he did not want to get off the bus. He wanted to ride some more. 

He came in, ate a cheese stick, and disappeared in to his bedroom. 

Sam and I are heading out in a bit to get stuff to change his oil. 

Doc said I was on light duty. Taking the transmission out of a light duty truck counts, right?

• olcowhand, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks