• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,269 Thanks
  • 28,606 posts

Posted August 27, 2016 - 07:47 AM

When you said the ninjas attacked, I thought you meant bees. Glad that wasn't the case,
Hope the laps get easier daily, the pain diminishes, and the life improves. Right now, the pain is the only thing holding you back and allowing the time you need to heal, so it's kinda a good thing.
  • Craig. said thank you

#4127 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,741 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted August 27, 2016 - 07:36 PM

Every day is a little....different.

I was wiped out last night. Every day since the surgery I have awakened at 6am for pain meds.  I slept today till my alarm went off at 10.

Then I found myself laying in a most interesting position. I was face down on the mattress (I never sleep on my stomach) with both shoulders touching the mattress, Then I was rotated from there on down so that my toes were pointed almost straight up. 

I was in no pain as long as I didn't move, but it took me a good 40 minutes to get untangled and upright. I may have to duct tape myself to a board. 

team.jpg

We all got up and bumping around, and I was still in the process of getting dressed when Buddy and his daughter Miriam pulled in at almost exactly noon. I nearly had a coronary. I have known him since 1989 and this is the first time he has ever showed up when he said he would.

We went out and i sat on a step stool while I told Steph what to do. The power steering sensor on his Dodge Neon went out and it would not pass NC inspection. I looked it up online and it said it was about a 20 minute job. I figured a hour tops with me telling Steph what to do, 4 hours if Buddy tried to help. 

Once the car was on stands and Buddy had found the new sensor to show her what to look for, Steph spent about 15 minutes trying to unplug something. I kept getting up and looking and not seeing what she was after. Finally I saw it. It was a emissions sensor that was mounted on the firewall, not a sensor sticking off the steering rack. I tried to explain in detail where it would be found. 

I was about to crawl under the car myself when she said she found it. About a minute later it was swapped.

We talked a bit then Buddy said he would buy us lunch. He took our order and  left. I came in and decided to try sitting at my desk. I was comfortable, but the computer would not come on. Oh well. I headed to the living room to attempt the recliner. 

In no time I was sitting up like a big boy, petting a rabbit, and taking a pic with a potato.

152822.jpg

That is the bunny Steph is going to take for a class animal. It is getting lots of attention to tame it down. It is pretty mellow.

There is also a white rabbit that we are taming as a backup bunny.

It was starting to cloud up and I decided i had better get to walking if i was going to get my laps in.

Halfway through the first l was wondering how far I was going so I started counting, 315 steps.  Since my stride is 3 feet we had 1/6 of a mile. Not bad. 

Then the thunder and lightening started. I mean like something out of a Micheal Bay movie. I came in after 3 laps.

Steph had been going through old clothes to find what needed to leave. She had several boxes so she loaded them up and left with Heath.

I sat here in my recliner and waited to be blown away to Oz.

While I waited I downloaded a pedometer app.

Things cleared up so I went out. It seems that my steps must be a bit shorter now. My one lap step count was almost identical - 313 with the pedometer - but it was only .10 mile. I remembered I had a GPS speedometer so I turned it on. Exactly the same distance. 1 mile if you count the other 3 pre storm laps.

share.jpg

I came in, took my pain meds,  and decided to try more fun stuff - an unsupervised shower. 

I had to use the back brush to wash my feet, but I did it and didn't even fall out. 

It took me about 45 minutes to get washed and dried, but I did it. Steph got home just as I was finishing up.

Back in the recliner the meds started kicking in. I actually started typing then and then had to stop and close my eyes. When I opened them I had bunny rabbit sammiches waiting for me.

Now to do nothing the rest of the evening.

• olcowhand, MH81, Craig. and 3 others have said thanks

#4128 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,741 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted August 29, 2016 - 09:25 AM

Forgot to post last nights mileage

share (1).jpg

The last lap was pure hell. I actually had to use my cane for support and not just for balance.

Stupid neighbor had to come out to wash his truck and stare.  I swear I am going to start wearing pants with a flap door so I can moon him as I walk by.

Cutting way back on pain meds. Only really need them to be able to be comfortable enough to sleep.

Hoping doc releases me to drive on the 7th.

• MH81, Craig., KennyP and 2 others have said thanks

#4129 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,741 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted August 29, 2016 - 06:13 PM

SOOOOO tired.

stock-vector-coffee-cup-illustration-hot

Made it a bit farther today

share (3).jpg

We took the dogs with us on leashes. They are worn out right now. Heath walked with us, but he is 4. He sat down for 5 minutes now is ready to do it again.

• olcowhand, Craig., KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#4130 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,604 Thanks
  • 29,833 posts

Posted August 29, 2016 - 06:16 PM

My cell phone has an exercise ap in it, and most days it says I take around 10 to 11,000 steps.  No wonder our knees & other joints wear out!

• Craig., KennyP and UncleWillie have said thanks

#4131 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,741 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted August 29, 2016 - 07:01 PM

I am sure an average day I walk 10-15,000 on those scrap jobs where I am constantly going from the pile to the trailer i bet it is double that. Makes me wonder how I don't wear boots out faster.

• Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#4132 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,741 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted August 30, 2016 - 08:53 PM

Nothing major today. 

major_coffee_drinker_cap-r4514f15240c644

Sam and Tyler came by so I could look at the AC on Tylers truck. SInce the new end I bought for my AC gauges has gone awol it was a wasted trip. 

Steph got home and we all went out for a walk. Steph walked Gunner, Heath walked Carmel. they are hilarious since Carmel has him outweighed by a good 40 pounds. When she decides she wants to change directions there isn't much he can really do. 

share.jpg

I started hurting when we walked that far. 

Well Steph, Gunner, and I walked that far. Heath and Carmel kept taking detours and shortcuts. NO telling how far they went. 

I haven't had any pain meds at all today. 

• olcowhand, larrybl, Craig. and 4 others have said thanks

#4133 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,741 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted August 31, 2016 - 06:23 PM

Well pooo. 

Still nothing going on. 

ab6S5GXNfs-14.png

I woke up at 430 and had to take pain meds. I was in agony.

Woke up when the alarm went off feeling a bit better. I don't know if I was laying wrong or what. 

Sat here in the recliner for most of the day. Spent about 3 hours talking on the phone to a friend who is as bored as I am. He calls about every day.Oddly enough it is one of my dads old friends.

A guy called and came to look at the JD. He didn't buy it. He did pull the dipstick and it was nasty. I forgot to change the oil. I knew it had oil, just forgot to change it. 

Steph got home and we went out and changed the oil.Added a little MMO. I let it run a minute and checked it again. It was nasty. She had walked across the street, so I changed it myself again. Nice and clean this time. I think the MMO broke some crud loose. 

I left it running and walked back to the shop. Stepped in a hole. That was unpleasant.

While it was running I took  wire brush to the flywheel cover ( the mesh thingy) and shot it with black paint. Guy said he would have bough it if it wasn't for the rust. So now there is none. I told him if it sat there till I fixed all the cosmetic stuff the price went way up. 

Two of our neighbors wandered over and talked a while. 

I finally came in. We will go walk later - maybe. Back is not happy with the hole. 

I was really hoping he would buy the tractor. If is wasn't for the rabbits I would be standing on the corner holding a sign. In my compression pantyhose I might make a fair dollar. As it is I am starting to grow long ears and a fuzzy tail. Thankfully I get paid on the 3td.  

And just as I was about to hit enter a neighbor pulled in. he will come back tomorrow and let me know if he wants the Deere. I really hope he does. 

• olcowhand, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#4134 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,604 Thanks
  • 29,833 posts

Posted August 31, 2016 - 07:17 PM

I really hope the neighbor buys the Deere too Willie!

• Craig. said thank you

#4135 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,741 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted September 02, 2016 - 08:30 PM

Made a milestone. 

go_for_the_goal_coffee_mug-r914f862a585c

Yesterday it poured rain at my usual walking time. 

Sam, his girlfriend(who I had never met), and Tyler came by during the deluge so I could check out Sams new dog. I heard them pull in but no one ever came in. I heard a knock at the back door and Tyler was looking thru the window. I told him to come in and an attractive teen aged gal came in the front door. I was a bit confused since I didn't know she was coming and all Sam told me was he was bring a dog.

Penny (the gal) immediately snatched up a bunny from the cage and nearly petted his hair off. 

It turns out that halfway here they realized the dog stunk like a dead cow so Sam was outside in the rain washing him. I got some towels and we dried the dog when they came in. 

The dog was wild and uncontrollable for about 30 minutes. After that I had him sitting and waiting for a piece of pepperoni and not jumping on people. He is untrained but very smart. He was also un-socialized. So after I had him calmed down a bit we brought Carmel in. She is tough enough that if he went after her he would have realized what a mistake it was in a hurry. After a few minutes they got along great. SO we let Gunner out of the bedroom. It was tense for a few minutes, but pepperoni is a great way to control a 65 pound dog and Pup ( Genius name right?) really cared less about him. 

Steph and I figure he is a Sharpei/lab mix. He is a good looking animal.

PUP.jpg

After dinner we put the pinch collar on him and I taught Sam how to teach him to walk on it. It took about 15 minutes and Pup was getting the idea.

They left and Steph and I went out to walk. She only made one lap and was so tired it was time for her to go to bed. I walked on in the dark.

I was smoking a cigar and wasn't counting laps. When I looked at my phone I saw this.

share (1).jpg

2 miles has been my goal. Yippee. 

Today Heath and I didn't do anything, but watch Voltron. 

Finally, my check came in. It was more than we expected yippee. No rabbit for dinner tonight. I swear I am starting to grow a fuzzy tail.

Then we went out and walked because bad weather is setting in. It was good and windy so it was nice. Carmel and Gunner  walked with us, Heath pushed a hand truck around. Kid is a mess. 

share.jpg

Now to wait for the storm. 

• olcowhand, Alc, Craig. and 1 other said thanks

#4136 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,413 Thanks
  • 39,663 posts

Posted September 03, 2016 - 01:38 AM

Glad you met your goal!

• Craig. said thank you

#4137 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,741 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted September 03, 2016 - 08:52 PM

Is it Monday?

CoffeeForFreedom.jpg

This morning I woke up with a bit of pain. I laid in bed a while. Steph was gone so I was in no hurries to get up.

Graham called and wanted me to go look at a truck with him so I called Steph and told her to get on back home. 

She got home and went around back to water the rabbits. About 5 minutes later she came thru the back yard crying and telling me to call the cops. I asked what about. She said she noticed her live trap was missing from the corner of the yard and Bob - the idiot neighbor-  was standing outside. She asked him where her trap was and he said he threw it in the garden then came over and started cussing her. 

I walked outside and all I was going to so was put the cage back on the corner. As I walked around the garden he started screaming. I dialed 911 and kept walking. He kept screaming and cussing. He is lucky I just had surgery or things might have had a different ending. The 911 operator heard him and said someone was on the way. Before I could walk away he came over to the property line cussing and yelling. I told him to stay in his yard. I said he had been told by the police and by me to stay off my land. He said non one told him and he came running at me. Fortunately he stopped before he was in range on my cane. 

He started cussing and telling me he would come on my property whenever he wanted. He said he shot all my chickens and would shoot more. His wife got involved and when I was just about to loose my temper she told him to walk away. Best advice he ever got. Surgery or not I was ab out ready to put a period on the problem. 

Police showed up and did exactly nothing. Monday I am going down to take out warrants. I am sick of it. There is a reason I am waiting till Monday.

Cops left. Graham came over, we loaded up trash on the trailer and we headed off.

We looked at the truck. I got the guy down a tiny bit but that was it. Graham bought it.

Steph, Heath, and I headed to Shelby to the mall to the only sporting goods store there and to walk a bit. 

After stopping at the dump we went to the mall. The sporting goods store had game cameras, but they were high. We walked the mall. There was nearly no one there. 

ON ever lap the Chinese restaurant tried to give us samples. We could have had a free meal if we took them up on it. 

I stopped in one store and got some jogging pants. I have been wearign the same two pair of sleeping shorts since the surgery. The incision is exactly where a pair of real pants would cross. NO no real pants. I got some jogging pants and we headed off again. 

Heath wanted "chicken fried" so we went to Chick-Fil-A. Heath is crazy about fried chicken. 

I told Steph to go get the truck and drive it around to us. I didn't feel like walking after sitting in that uncomfortable chair at CFA. While we waited Heath dropped my drink in the floor. Poor little CFA girl had to clean it up with a broken mop.

We rode over to Wal-Mart and I looked at cameras there. the same camera the other store had for $30 less. I got one. 

Steph wanted a couple of things. We got them and headed off to TSC.

There we got chicken and rabbit feed. 

Back at home I had to take time to fix the window on CB that Graham put down and it wouldn't go back up again. Graham brought his new truck over because he couldn't get it to go into fourth reliably. I drove it ( yes I know I shouldn't have) and it is perfect. He just has to learn it isn't a KIA I told him I would trade him even for Christine. He didn't take the offer.We talked till it got dark. He went home.  

We went back and set up the camera in the dark.It will be pretty obvious in the daylight, but hopefully he will not notice. One day when he is not home I will go mount it in a better spot. 

Hopefully between now and Monday he will do something stupid. It gives him plenty of time to get drink and be stupid. 

I came back in and sat down. There is coffee all over my table. Score another one for Heath.

At least I got off the property for the first time in nearly a month. 

• olcowhand, MH81, Craig. and 1 other said thanks

#4138 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,269 Thanks
  • 28,606 posts

Posted September 03, 2016 - 09:37 PM

I can't believe the cops did nothing. He should at least be sobering up in an 8x8 and answering for a trespass charge.
I hope Steph heard him admit to shooting the chickens. That will need to come up at the trial.
How can he possibly think you are unarmed? That was flat out stupid of him. Charging you like that. He must assume you're defenseless because you're recovering.
  • Craig. and UncleWillie have said thanks

#4139 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,741 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted September 03, 2016 - 09:54 PM

I can't believe the cops did nothing. He should at least be sobering up in an 8x8 and answering for a trespass charge.
I hope Steph heard him admit to shooting the chickens. That will need to come up at the trial.
How can he possibly think you are unarmed? That was flat out stupid of him. Charging you like that. He must assume you're defenseless because you're recovering.

they said since there was no proof they couldn't do anything. There were 2 cops that showed up; I think the one I talked to was leaning toward arresting him, but the other had higher rank. They said Bob denied everything and said that I had started yelling at him while he was unhooking his trailer. He did tell the truth about unhooking the trailer, but that is it.

Edited by UncleWillie, September 03, 2016 - 09:57 PM.

• olcowhand, MH81 and Craig. have said thanks

#4140 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• Member No: 1842
  • 881 Thanks
  • 763 posts

Posted September 05, 2016 - 01:44 AM

Man be careful with this idiot!
  • MH81 said thank you