UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,742 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted August 24, 2016 - 06:50 PM

Some times social media will get things brought upon on you that you do not need.Heaths face could have caused trouble you did not deserve.Some things are better left unsaid.

No i should not have posted it, however there needs to be some checks and balances on social services. They have more authority that the court system and there is no appeals channel once you are caught up in them. They do not need a warrant to come in the house or to go through anything while they are there. While system need to the scrapped and remade. But, I digress

With all the personal stuff that was included in the charges I can only imagine that one of my girls has been talking too much to their mamma and she has been writing everything down along with some wholly fabricated stuff.  I am so glad she is 2000 miles away. 

• MH81, Craig. and oldedeeres have said thanks

#4112 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,269 Thanks
  • 28,607 posts

Posted August 24, 2016 - 10:10 PM

I have been fortunate enough to never have serious interactions with those people... But around here, they aren't called CYS, they are called CYA.

They tear good families apart, let bad ones stay together, answer to no one, literally push around judges.
There is no checks for them.

Supposedly they have to have probable cause to bypass the warrant, but I was told of cases where they fabricated a fake anonymous witness to get around that.

One family I know was trying to adopt a baby. The mother is a crack addict and more. The CYA people kept dragging the case out for 7 years. They were trying to extort more money from this family.. Damn near broke them, but the "Mom" and the case worker finally signed off.
The middle kids went to other homes eventually! But 2 of the other kids weren't so lucky. They have been in and out of protective services for years. They keep trying to fix the mess and it isn't fixable. She isn't fixable.
Last time she went to jail, she was 6 month pregnant. She went to jail for heroin. Kids are back in custody.
And we pay for it all.
  • Craig., KennyP and oldedeeres have said thanks

#4113 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,742 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted August 25, 2016 - 09:41 AM

Oh I forgot. On my hobble around the yard we noticed that 3 bunnies had escaped. They are kind of tame-ish so with me standing on one side of them making noise and tapping my cane around to distract them, Steph was  able to snag two of them. The third was in the overgrown garden that had nothing done with it. Steph is short enough she couldn't see him, so I stood outside the fence and played sonar operator while she was on the hunt.Took us about 4  minutes to get her zeroed in while the bunny was in the corner of the fence. 

When I am back on my feet I really need to build some new pens. 

• Craig., KennyP, backwoods and 1 other said thanks

#4114 oldedeeres ONLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,848 Thanks
  • 3,191 posts

Posted August 25, 2016 - 10:42 AM

If a pen will hold water it will hold rabbits, lol. Anything else will eventually be breached. Makes me think of Steve Mcqueen in "The Great Escape"

• Craig., KennyP and CRFarnsworth have said thanks

#4115 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,240 Thanks
  • 5,077 posts

Posted August 25, 2016 - 06:06 PM

Last winter it was 10 below outside. My wife needed to use the ATM(it wasn't a drive up). She parked the car by the curb got out and went up to the ATM a side walk width from the car. My 6 year old and 1 year old were in the car. Cooper was asleep and farah was playing with her tablet. Someone called CPS that she went in the store and left the kids in the car.

She was out of the car less than 2 minutes. We had a heck of a hassle. But it was dropped after they watched the security tape.

I asked the woman what is worse leaving them in the nice warm car for 2 minutes or dragging a 1 year old out in 10 below weather when the car was 4 feet from my wife. She didn't answer me. I told her to go hassle people that don't care of their kids.

I have a good idea who did it. If I could of proved it I probably would of went to jail.

Edited by toomanytoys84, August 25, 2016 - 06:08 PM.

• olcowhand, Craig., KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#4116 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,742 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted August 25, 2016 - 08:12 PM

Not a bad day.

Heath and I got started with a lot of nothing. 

72d8e897bd3fc105615b92111eec3e52.jpg

After a while we started playing with a big pink ball. It has some traction to it so he could catch it. He stood at the end of the bed and threw it to me and I threw it back. The advantage of that setup was he was in front of and just below the TV. LOL.

Alfie was asleep on the top of the dresser. Heath was bound and determined he was going to get Alfie. I wouldn't let him. It was driving him crazy.

Around 2 I decided to try some food. I made an egg sandwich. Heath got PB&J.

Steph called at 4 and said Heath had an open house tonight for his Pre-K. She was going to run in, grab him and run out. 

I looked at Heath. He was nasty. And he didn't have finger nails he had talons. Kids nails grow like Kudzu.

I got him in the tub in our bathroom that is about 4 feet from the bed. but out of sight from it. I laid back down. He is part fish so there was no danger. 

The splashing sounds never let up so I let him play. Then I kept hearing him talking about Alfie. I thought he could see the cat from the tub. Well, I was right, but not about where he could see the cat. At some point Alfit made the mistake of walking within arms length of the tub, Heath was giving him a bath. Alfie either didn't mind too much, or has just given up on life.

I rinsed and rescued and (w)rapped  Alfie  in a towel. Then I managed to get the shower nozzle down and gave it to Heath and turned the water on. Once Heath was desudsed I gave him a towel.

Steph came home to a clean child - and cat. She brought me the talon shears (he refuses to be still for her) and I worked on that while she got him clothes.

They left. I took my pain meds. I don't recall much about the next two hours - except that I had a dream I had a awesome70x70 2 story garage the second floor was the house. 

Steph got home and I went out to do my laps. I got a full 5 laps around the yard. Not the full 3 acres, but the acre and a half we keep mowed(ish)

I came in and got in the shower. Steph started dinner. 

I collapsed on the bed.

Heath is now determined that the cat must be on the TV. Every time he catches the poor feline he runs in here and puts it on the dresser. It is pretty funny.

• MH81, Craig., KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#4117 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,269 Thanks
  • 28,607 posts

Posted August 25, 2016 - 09:29 PM

Glad the days are going well. Catch sounds like fun.
Once you get your traction back, you are going to owe that lady of yours a nite of dinner and dancing.
  • Craig. and oldedeeres have said thanks

#4118 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,742 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted August 25, 2016 - 11:45 PM

Once you get your traction back, you are going to owe that lady of yours a nite of dinner and dancing.

She doesn't dance at all for any reason.
  • Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#4119 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,269 Thanks
  • 28,607 posts

Posted August 26, 2016 - 06:09 AM

Once you get your traction back, you are going to owe that lady of yours a nite of dinner and dancing and a movie.

She doesn't dance at all for any reason.

Fixed it.
  • Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#4120 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,742 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted August 26, 2016 - 08:49 AM

Fixed it.

Neither of us care for crowded theaters. She is a funny one. Doesn't care for anything fancy, thinks jewelry is stupid. Now a nice meal she enjoys, but not light most people think of as nice. She loves Genghis Grill and Hooter's. I can't even buy her a snazzy vehicle because she loves Christine. One day I am going to tell her is was stolen and have a friend of mine paint it, then fix teh AC and get the matching interior installed. Of course that that point the 600K mile engine will explode. Last thing I bought her she really got excited about was a Cutco cleaver to chop up rabbits with. 

• MH81, Craig., KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#4121 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,742 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted August 26, 2016 - 06:53 PM

Another one down.

I woke up this morning with no pain whatsoever. I was thinking of all the things I could do. Climb Everest, run the Boston Marathon, charge through Walmart like a bull elephant... Then I moved. Holy rivers of searing hot pain. Sweet patron saint of agony. Undisciplined child of a motherless prostitute. OUCH!!!!!!!!!

After I managed to recover from shock I got the other foot out of the bed. Finally. I managed to get upright and into the bathroom. All without wetting myself somehow. I was impressed with my bladder control.

Heath was still snoring so I let him snore on.
32842892-Coffee-to-go-concept-with-walking-cup-doodled-over-rough-brown-paper-Stock-Vector.jpg

Buddy sent me a text asking an incredibly vague automotive question. He refused to answer the quewstions I was asking and kept asking the same one over and over. I finally got mad and let him have it. He answered my question. I finally called him and made him get off his butt and go outside to the car. In 30 seconds I had the answer. I told him to bring the car up tomorrow at noon. Not 1, not 4, 12. And Steph would replace the power steering sensor with my guidance.

About 2 hours later Gunner wanted out. I got Heath up and told him to hook Gunner up. He is getting great at taking care of the dogs and Alfie.

He got the pop tart and juice that Steph left out and came and joined me on the bed.

We did some serious western watching.

My buddy Chip called and we talked for a couple of hours. Heath came back in the bedroom and said something then went tearing through the house. I heard a thud and crying. I got off the phone and headed that direction.

At some point Heath had gotten the big flannel pillow case that I use as a sweat rag on my walks. He got it out of the dryer and left it in the middle of the kitchen tile. He ran on it and lost traction and crashed into the cabinets. No blood or broken bones, just a bruised ego.

He went into his room and I came back to sit a while. I thought he might have fallen asleep. He hadn't. I asked if he wanted to play ball. He did. We played ball for about 2 hours off and on.

Guess who's coming for dinner Came on and I have wanted to see it for years, but never had the opportunity. Steph got home right before Spenser Tracy's long speech. She walked in the bedroom and I told her to be quiet till it was over. During the next commercial I explained the movie. She said for the next 30 minutes and did not say a word. For a 49 year old movie it holds up remarkably well.

Then we went out. I started my laps while she fed the animals. I am feeling steady enough to walk without having her there to catch me.

After the 1st lap Graham came over. I talked to him for a minute then off on #2. When came around front again Steph was talking to him. I threw in my 2 cents, got a drink and started #3.

I was feeling good on 3 and 4. 3 was the fastest lap of the day if you are keeping time and placing bets.

After I gulped some water I started #5. The first half was good. Then I came around Steph's building and under the tree. In that tree there was a group of ninja's. Those ninja swung down behind me and stabbed me all over my lower back, then disappeared back into the trees. Some of the objects of impalement had barbs and eyelets on them. As I came out from under the trees they attached sturdy cables to those eyelets. Those cables were in turn tethered large millstones that were half buried in the dirt. Every step I took they added another millstone.

By the time I got back to the water bottle I was sucking wind.

Steph joined me for the last lap. When we crossed under that tree again those ninja's attacked once more. This time they hooked me to the Titanic and the Bismark. By the time I finished #6 I was finished. I sat on the hook of Christine and could barely breathe.

6 laps - 1 hour and 45 minutes.

After a good hot shower I felt a little better. Steph washed my back and said my muscles were tight as iron bars.

She fixed chicken for dinner. I am sure it is good. My meds make everything taste like wax.Heath devoured his.

Edited by UncleWillie, August 26, 2016 - 07:38 PM.

• olcowhand, Craig., KennyP and 2 others have said thanks

#4122 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,415 Thanks
  • 39,663 posts

Posted August 26, 2016 - 07:18 PM

Won't be long and you'll be cutting the time down.

• Craig. said thank you

#4123 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,742 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted August 26, 2016 - 07:39 PM

Should have been 6 laps not 2. I shouldnt talk and type.
  • olcowhand, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#4124 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,605 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted August 26, 2016 - 07:43 PM

Sorry the pain is still so intense, but hoping time will make the surgery improve your life immensely.  Back pain is nothing to make light off for sure!

• Craig. and backwoods have said thanks

#4125 larrybl OFFLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 415
  • 4,943 Thanks
  • 3,322 posts

Posted August 26, 2016 - 07:57 PM

I'm no fan of back pain. Actually have a 10% VA Disability for it. I have had upper and lower twinges for the past couple weeks. The upper I think is from the old mattress, the lower is from over doing the weed eater last weekend. Feeling a little better....... Till I read your posts. 

Get better soon Willie!

• Craig., backwoods and oldedeeres have said thanks