• Please log in to reply
4309 replies to this topic

#4096 backwoods OFFLINE  

backwoods
  • Member No: 8613
  • 2,060 Thanks
  • 2,434 posts

Posted August 20, 2016 - 09:01 PM

How is the pain an the walking around doing ? The reason I ask.is a few family members have had back surgery.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
  • Craig. said thank you

#4097 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,754 Thanks
  • 7,700 posts

Posted August 20, 2016 - 09:10 PM

Pain is about a 6 or 7 today. Made about 7 laps of the house. I have one spot that is hard as a rock, it hurts the worst.Might try for an outdoor lap tomorrow.

I did go try sitting at the desk this morning. Things were going great so Steph went to the store. 30 minutes later pain meds kickedin. I had no where to fall out. I managed to get myself to the bed beforw it took me all together

Edited by UncleWillie, August 20, 2016 - 09:14 PM.

• olcowhand, larrybl, Craig. and 2 others have said thanks

#4098 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,288 Thanks
  • 28,622 posts

Posted August 21, 2016 - 07:37 AM

Well now you know you have 15 min after taking the med to shuffle to the bedroom

Glad gunner isn't the culprit. Did Heath tell you it was him or was it just deductive reasoning?
  • Craig. said thank you

#4099 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,754 Thanks
  • 7,700 posts

Posted August 21, 2016 - 03:50 PM

I am sure I set off some kind of crazy alert....

crazy_coffee_cup_by_teenavatar-d4gsti6.png

Things are getting easier. I can get out of bed in less than 10 minutes now. I am feeling quite sporty.

Decades TV is playing "The Fall Guy" all day, so I enjoyed watching all kinds of vehicles be destroyed.

At 130 I had to get out. We got dressed. I grabbed my cane and we went into the great outdoors. 

homeless2.jpg

I staggered around a bit and then took a look towards Christine. It had two low tires. Steph grabbed teh jump box and hooked it up to the tire. It got to about 15 psi before the battery died. So I told her to drive CB over and I opened the hood on Christine. It took a bit because you have to bend over to see where to stick the screwdriver. 

While she was hooking up the cables I checked the fluids. It had no coolant. There was a jug under the hood So I filled it up while Steph started the engine. 

Then she backed it over to the small compressor to air up the tires. 

While she did that I decided to go look at my new General Appliance tractor. While I was enroute , Steph got the tires aired up and went over to the chicken pens. 

She yelled, "Hey look at what I found."

She found this.

homelesssnake.jpg

When I saw this picture I realized how much like an escaped mental patient I looked. LOL.

Then we walked across the road to see how Jeni was doing. She is better, but the doc still cannot figure out what is wrong. She has lost 22 pounds in 2 weeks. She wasn't that bid to begin with.

I started getting sore so we came back home.  

I got in the shower, I was drenched in sweat. 

After Steph changed my bandage I am on the heating pad the rest of the night. 

Edited by UncleWillie, August 21, 2016 - 05:47 PM.

• olcowhand, MH81, Craig. and 1 other said thanks

#4100 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,455 Thanks
  • 39,682 posts

Posted August 21, 2016 - 04:08 PM

Glad you are getting out and about! Nice fishing worm you have there!

• Craig. said thank you

#4101 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,288 Thanks
  • 28,622 posts

Posted August 22, 2016 - 06:40 AM

Small steps Willie.
Don't try to get better all in one week.

Hoping you won't be to sore after yesterday, but I bet the sunshine and fresh air did you some good.

As for that picture, all you're missing is a park bench, a newspaper quilt and a pet pigeon.
  • Craig., KennyP and backwoods have said thanks

#4102 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,754 Thanks
  • 7,700 posts

Posted August 22, 2016 - 03:14 PM

Well now you know you have 15 min after taking the med to shuffle to the bedroom

Glad gunner isn't the culprit. Did Heath tell you it was him or was it just deductive reasoning?

Not sure how I missed this I blame drugs. LOL

When I heard him start crying he was standing next to the bed and gunner was laying with his nose next to Heath's face. When he is hurt bad enough he does this silent, open mouthed, long inhale before he cuts loose. When I saw them nose to nose I just assumed Gunner had misbehaved. didn't even dawn on me that had gunner done something he would have been halfway across the house before Heath could start crying.  More than likely Gunner was trying to comfort Heath and I blew the reasoning. 

• olcowhand, MH81, Craig. and 1 other said thanks

#4103 backwoods OFFLINE  

backwoods
  • Member No: 8613
  • 2,060 Thanks
  • 2,434 posts

Posted August 22, 2016 - 08:14 PM

So how are you feeling after the walk around out side while playing with you new pet?
  • Craig. said thank you

#4104 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,754 Thanks
  • 7,700 posts

Posted August 22, 2016 - 09:23 PM

Made about 6 laps around the yard. By the time I came in I was feeling it. After a shower I feel likes I was broiled slightly. I should sleep good tonight.
  • olcowhand, MH81, Craig. and 2 others have said thanks

#4105 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,754 Thanks
  • 7,700 posts

Posted August 24, 2016 - 02:41 PM

Well the hat thread saved my bacon.

Some person (who I think is my ex wife) called DSS over us thinking Heath got bit by the dog. I would have thought it was a neighbor, but too many personal things were brought up. When I gave the dss woman my ex's name she got strangely quiet. They said it was a bunch of BS they could not substantiate a single charge. However there i no box they can check that says it is false, they have to say we have been cooperative. I was trying to keep my cool. i was pretty mad. If she was in NC and not AZ things would have gotten pretty bad.

The back is healing. I have not been going out for a walk till Steph gets home. I am not steady enough on my feet to wander around without supervision.

logo.png

Heath is getting good at letting the dogs out when they need it. 

Last night the schedule got messed up and I took my pain meds after Steph got home like I always do (cant take it while Steph is gone and I am alone with Heath the first two days Steph was gone the neighbors dropped by every 30 minutes or so to check on us because there was no way I could have survived without the meds), but dinner was delayed. By the time I had eaten and we got outside my meds were kicking in and I was like a large drunken toddler. We stopped after half a lap and I came in, I was out about 20 minutes later. 

I must have been tired because I slept through her leaving for work. 

I woke up and the coffee was in the thermos next to the bed and her laptop was set up on the bed waiting for me.  I am not allowed to lift anything heavier than 5 pounds which rules out both my thermos and the laptop (this things like 20 pounds).

Graham borrowed Christine and went off to a doc appointment. I have told him more than once not to bring the truck back here - take it home.  SO far he has not done it. Every time he bring it back the dogs go nuts and Heath tries to run outside thinking Steph is home. Today I wasn't fast enough gettign up to stop Heath from getting away. Fortunately, Heath ran up to Graham and asked, "Where is mamma?" Graham brought him back in. I told him next time he brought the truck back here was the last time he borrowed it. I think he got the message. 

A bit later I was online and was accused of doing something here in NC on Sept 15, 2014. Normally I would have no idea what I had done on a particular day. I knew I had not done what was being accused. I got to thinking and went to Page 157 and sure enough I was not even in NC on the 15th. I was headed to Mississippi. They shut up and went away in a hurry.

After that I have done nothing.

I moved wrong a few minutes ago and it felt like someone stabbed me. I am hoping I can avoid moving like that again.

Edited by UncleWillie, August 24, 2016 - 02:44 PM.

• olcowhand, MH81, KennyP and 2 others have said thanks

#4106 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,455 Thanks
  • 39,682 posts

Posted August 24, 2016 - 03:20 PM

Nice online diary! Keeps you out of trouble!

• backwoods said thank you

#4107 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,558 Thanks
  • 3,937 posts

Posted August 24, 2016 - 03:50 PM

Amazing what all a diary can help with. Hope the pain goes away for you soon.
  • backwoods said thank you

#4108 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,754 Thanks
  • 7,700 posts

Posted August 24, 2016 - 04:07 PM

Amazing what all a diary can help with. Hope the pain goes away for you soon.

At times I wish it was one of the big old leather bound diaries, so I could hit people with it. 

• Greasy6020 said thank you

#4109 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,558 Thanks
  • 3,937 posts

Posted August 24, 2016 - 04:20 PM

At times I wish it was one of the big old leather bound diaries, so I could hit people with it.

The equivalent of a mom's frying pan.😉
  • UncleWillie said thank you

#4110 drbish OFFLINE  

drbish

Collecter

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2544
  • 1,161 Thanks
  • 1,162 posts

Posted August 24, 2016 - 04:37 PM

Some times social media will get things brought upon on you that you do not need.Heaths face could have caused trouble you did not deserve.Some things are better left unsaid.