UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 13,938 Thanks
  • 8,094 posts

Posted July 30, 2016 - 06:09 PM

Oh Lowes also brought our replacement fridge today. They weren't supposed to install it, but I wasn't home and they felt sorry for Steph and installed it. Everything but the handles. She put those on after I got home. 

• olcowhand, MH81, Craig. and 1 other said thanks

#4038 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 37,434 Thanks
  • 30,270 posts

Posted July 30, 2016 - 07:23 PM

Oh Lowes also brought our replacement fridge today. They weren't supposed to install it, but I wasn't home and they felt sorry for Steph and installed it. Everything but the handles. She put those on after I got home. 

I think the least they could do was install it anyway, but kudos to them for doing it when not required to.  Hope this one holds up many many years!

• Craig. said thank you

#4039 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 13,938 Thanks
  • 8,094 posts

Posted July 30, 2016 - 07:41 PM

I think the least they could do was install it anyway, but kudos to them for doing it when not required to.  Hope this one holds up many many years!

Or at least dies under warranty

• olcowhand and Craig. have said thanks

#4040 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 29,195 Thanks
  • 29,411 posts

Posted July 30, 2016 - 08:02 PM

One of the top 5 failures of fridges like these is coolant leaks. They don't clean off the flux at the braizing near the compressor and it turns corrosive. Pinholes eventually and slowly leaks freon.
I steel wool to clean up and then clear coat. Preventative measure.
  • Gtractor, Alc and Craig. have said thanks

#4041 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 13,938 Thanks
  • 8,094 posts

Posted July 30, 2016 - 08:49 PM

the other one would either freeze everything solid and frost up or would barely cool
  • Craig. said thank you

#4042 backwoods OFFLINE  

backwoods
  • Member No: 8613
  • 2,569 Thanks
  • 2,789 posts

Posted August 01, 2016 - 08:36 PM

I would say you've had a busy couple of days an excise

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
  • Craig. said thank you

#4043 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 13,938 Thanks
  • 8,094 posts

Posted August 02, 2016 - 12:06 PM

I would say you've had a busy couple of days an excise

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

Yeah my back told on me too. I took Jeni to work yesterday and then did nothing but sit. 

adorable-cat-coffee-cup-Favim.com-181573

Grady is bringing a friends truck by for me to see if I can get the windows up.

Poor Alfie nearly lost a tow this morning. He got on the rats cage an momma rat got defensive.  He is sulking on my desk now.

alfie.jpg

Heath dropped a can on Carmels foot so she is sulking under my desk now. 

13872858_10154504174339739_2896532265850

It is like an animal hospital in here.

• olcowhand, MH81, Craig. and 3 others have said thanks

#4044 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 13,938 Thanks
  • 8,094 posts

Posted August 03, 2016 - 05:44 PM

Some days you're the windshield....

I woke up this morning when Sam texted me and said he was on the way. 

sandy.jpg

Steph left for Wal-mart, because we were out of everything. I sat here and paid the bills while I waited. I had money at midnight. I am nearly broke now LOL. 

Sam got here and I started him mowing. The grass was wet from an over night rain, but I really don't care right now. When my back is fixed I might care again. While we were filling the Reaper up Ben pulled in the yard. He was coming to steal my little trailer.  I came in and sat down.

Steph got home and brought me a pop tart. 

Then I heard a crunch outside, ad the Reaper stopped running. I went out. The deck of the Reaper was under Spooky. A green air line that was under Spooky was sticking out from under the deck. Dang it. I made him lay in the wet grass and undo it. 

I moved the vehicles from the front yard. Sam kept mowing. Steph rolled up all the hoses and cords around back. 

After Sam finished mowing everything he could, Steph and I went out and helped him move all the stuff that was in his way. then he had about 10 more minutes of mowing to do. He came in when we was done. 

Steph left for another store. I guess she saw that I had some money left. 

Ben came back with the trailer. Sam and I went out. Sam was supposed to go to Ben's to work, but he had to go to Cherryville to do a job.

SO Sam and I came back in. 

The guy I paid for half of the money on his wrecked Explorer called. I told him we would come by when Steph got home. I called her and told her to get his money. 

She got back and Sam, Heath and I drove CherryBerry down in the field and got the tow dolly. I let Heath steer. He thought it was awesome. 

then we went to get the Explorer. Easy enough, right?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

We got there and he was getting his trash  out of it. 

The roof is pushed down far enough that the broken windshield was touching the steering wheel. I got some gloves on and removed half the glass. Then we maneuvered it into position up a small hill. With CB hooked to the tow dolly at the bottom of the hill we rolled it down. I had one foot on the brake pedal and one hopping along beside the truck. there was no way I could get in it. When the truck hit the dolly it slowed a huge amount, it threw me off balance and I pushed the brake pedal harder than I should have. The truck didn't make it up. 

So we all pushed it back and tried again. This time the brakes failed completely. I was yelling for them to stop pushing while I slammed it in park. They didn't stop. It slammed into gear at the very edge of the front of the dolly, then fell over the front. 

We had three little jacks that we tried to use to jack the front of the Explorer up with. They were not tall enough. I also noticed that the tire on the tow dolly was completely flat. We unhooked CB and Steph left for home to get the jump boxes with air compressors and the hi-lift jack.

She got back and in short order we had the Explorers spare tire under the drivers side of the Exploder and CB's spare under the passengers side. CB was hooked to the back of the Exploder and Steph pulled. Things were going sideways and I yelled for Steph to stop. She didn't. The two spare tires flipped up on end and wedged under the front bumper. 

As with Sam, I made her fix her mistake. She had to jack it back up so we could get the tires back under it.

This time things went perfectly and the Furd went right back where it belonged. I leaned in and put it in park. I twisted wrong and I wound up sitting in a chair for a minute while my spine unkinked. Steph and Sam got busy putting stuff up and strapping things down. 

While we did all this Heath was running around playing with the passel of kittens that were present at the house. They are Alfie's brothers and sisters. He is scratched all over, but he loved it. 

A 30 minute job wound up taking over 3 hours. The worst thing was that the ground there is very sandy. I left with about 4 pounds of sand on me. I hate sand. Kind of odd that there is that much difference in the 4 miles distance from my house to his. My yard is all clay.

We got home and unhooked the dolly.

furd.jpg

Then I went straight to the shower. 

Steph is cooking dinner. Heath is doing something with/to Alfie. Sam is parked on the couch watching Netflix. 

After dinner we are going to Wal-mart so I can get a new charger for my phone. 

• olcowhand, Craig., KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#4045 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 13,938 Thanks
  • 8,094 posts

Posted August 04, 2016 - 06:14 PM

Yesterday took it out of me. 

I woke up at 11. I have no idea what time I went to sleep. 

5274ac1ae275bf9c00c18a0f73b2f798.jpg

I spent the day hunting parts for the string mower and a new charger for my laptop. Then I worked some online crossword puzzles. 

At 3 we went outside. It was only 83 degrees, but man was it humid. 

We hauled the wheeled cart to the Exploder then started removing glass from it. 

While Steph was vacuuming I grabbed the battery out of the Volvo. The truck would run as long as the jumper cables were attached to CherryBerry. 

Then the doors came off

IMG_20160804_163036887.jpg

it had one good door. The back door on the passengers side. The tailgate was in good shape. And the back side glass on the passengers side was good. Those came off and went in the "for sale " pile. 

Then the sawsall came out. three batteries and one blade later and...

IMG_20160804_171513016.jpg

I have a convertible. 

Then we vacuumed glass for about 2 hours. It was everywhere.

Heath came out barefooted and stepped on something on the porch and sliced his foot open. He took a good sized chunk out of his foot. A big band-aid and some chocolate chips and he was all good. 

With the jump box hooked to the battery I drove it down the hill and Steph and I put the mobile crane in the back. 

Back up the hill we spent about 30 minutes removing the wheels and sitting it where I want it more or less. 

IMG_20160804_175336254.jpg

Steph declared that she was not cooking and if I wanted to eat I had better order pizza. So I did. 

Once all the tools were put away and the spare tire was back in CB( a royal PITA). I came in. I was drenched in sweat and exhausted.

I came in and fixed the internet connection where Carmel had unhooked everything under the desk, then I got in the shower. 

The pizza arrived and we all are stuffing our faces. Alfie is stalking around my desk hoping I drop something. 

• olcowhand and Craig. have said thanks

#4046 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 32,708 Thanks
  • 42,317 posts

Posted August 04, 2016 - 06:46 PM

Made you a wrecker for the property?

• Craig. said thank you

#4047 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 13,938 Thanks
  • 8,094 posts

Posted August 04, 2016 - 08:00 PM

Made you a wrecker for the property?

more or less. I plan to build a bigger crane for it later on that will lift more. When the exploder explodes it will get hauled off. 

• Craig., KennyP and backwoods have said thanks

#4048 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 13,938 Thanks
  • 8,094 posts

Posted August 07, 2016 - 02:50 PM

We tried...

I haven't been sleeping well at all. So last night I had Steph stop by the ABC store for some sleeping potion. I went to bed at 1130. I woke up at noon. Still hurting, but slightly rested.

3c7d20016e251ffc2d73fdfa4e73ad11.jpg

Decades TV is paying a "The Rookies" marathon. Any excuse to watch Kate Jackson is a good one. 

I also did some reading on the Rio Olympocolypse. SO far there has been a shooting, a robbery during a fire drill, a robbery of athletes at gun point, a broken leg, Zika resistant t-shirts stolen, swimmers using snorkels to keep from inhaling the nasty water, and a kayak overturning after hitting an underwater couch. Fun stuff. 

Heath has a nasty rash of some sort. We have 2 different creams we have to put on him and he has to take Benedryl. He hates thezBenedryl. I think today is the first time he got a full dose. 20 minutes after taking it he was out like a light. 

Around 145 Steph and I went outside. 

The front bumper on CherryBerry has been twisted up since Steph and I played bumper cars at a red light. I crawled under it and found that it id only held in by 2 bolts. I turned it back down by hand. I need to look into some bolts at some point. 

Then Steph took the grill off CB to fix the corner lights that were laying in the grill. She put them on with Gorilla tape. We will see how long that holds. 

While she did that I bailed out the tarp on MaxHedroom. I had a pump that I thought worked. It didn't,so I bailed it out with a coffee can. 

There was lots of thunder and lightening while we worked. 

I got Max bailed out and uncovered and drove around front to hook it to the trailer. Steph hooked up to the tow dolly with CB and pulled it down in the field. 

Then I pulled Max down to the scrap pile and loaded up all the appliances that Graham and I Have replaced in the past month. A water heater, stove, and refrigerator. 

Once the trailer was back in the front yard and unhooked I pulled Max back around to the tent and plugged the battery charger back in. 

It was starting to sprinkle at that point. Steph went to feed and water the animals. When I got Max covered I walked over to the rabbit pen. She was playing with a Flemish Giant baby she got yesterday. I told her there wasn't time to play and to get busy feeding.

I came in and took off my sweat drenched clothes. 2 hours and I was drenched. 

Steph walked in the back door just as the clouds erupted. 

I told her to wake Heath up. That took some doing. He was out good.

Tomorrow we go to the scrap yard to get $3 for the load. I will be glad when prices go back up. 

• olcowhand, KennyP and oldedeeres have said thanks

#4049 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 13,938 Thanks
  • 8,094 posts

Posted August 08, 2016 - 09:32 PM

Been a long time since I wanted to hit someone that bad.
boxomg.jpg

Shortly after I posted yesterday there was a close lightening strike. We looked out back and saw smoke. So I went out. A pine tree behind a neighbors house was smoking good. Fortunately it was pouring buckets so it went out pretty fast.

My sleep pattern is 30 minutes of sleep 15 minutes of tossing and turning and 30 more minutes of sleeping. Makes me a bit tired when I finally fall out of bed.

It was pouring rain so I figured we would't do anything.

I called the back surgeon to find out why my surgery had not been scheduled. They didn't know. Someone is supposed to call tomorrow.

About noon Ben called and was in south Gastonia. It was sunny and dry there.

As soon as the rain let up here we headed out the door. We got the last couple of things loaded up and headed out. I had the steel on CB and Steph and Christine had the aluminum cans.

At the scrap yard we had to go opposite directions. I went down to the steel pile. A combination of sleepless nights and pain made me miss a stop sign. There was nothing and no one that I could have hit. The guy at the pile started harping on it. He told me I was an idiot. I needed to wear his glasses. No one was dumb enough to miss that sign.

I was about 2 seconds from feeding him his front teeth. He and his useless co worker walked away, talking where I could hear them, while I unloaded. They didn't lift a hand to help. I was not happy and I threw stuff all over. They were not paying attention or doing their jobs.

When I pulled away he started yelling at me. I knew if I stopped I would wind up in jail so I kept going. His co worker may have been able to stop me if he had the keys to the crane. Other wise it would have been bad.

I got my money and left.

On the way home I saw a number for a new scrap yard about 200 yards away from the other one. I called it. They are paying more. I told her I was done with the other yard. She said I was the 4th caller today. I have a feeling the other yard will not be in business long - or will have a beating at the scrap pile.

We got home and I had a pile of stuff on the porch.

New tailgate lock for CB. New charger for my tablet. And a longer charger cord for the tablet. And a breather cover for the string mower.

I sat for a minute to catch my breath. Steph still wasn't back yet.

I hooked the tablet up to the new charger. With the old one it had been on charge for 20 hours while turned off and had 3% charge.

I got outside and installed the lock. Now I can secure my tools. then I fixed the factory wiring for the tailgate release. After I understood how it worked it wasn't that hard. I thought it was an electric lock. It wasn't. The glass on the tailgate stays locked at all times. It is the only lock on the tailgate. The button releases the back glass and thereby unlocks it.

After CB was zipped up I got the spare tire holder for the trailer installed. I had to drill one hole to mount it. I cut the bolts off flush to save shredded skin and clothing.

With all the tools put up I staggered in side. It was 730. I was completely drenched in sweat. I got straight in the shower.

I don't recall what time Steph got in, but it was after I had the tailgate fixed. She was too tired to cook. We didn't want pizza. There is another place that delivers so I ordered from them. Steph had chicken wings, I had lasagna, Heath had fried chicken. Carmel had my lasagna pan when I was finished. She completely shredded it.

Tomorrow if the weather doesn't fall apart again I am going to try to fix the string mower now that I have all the parts. Then I might tinker with MaxHedroom. Or not.
  • MH81, KennyP and jpackard56 have said thanks

#4050 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 13,938 Thanks
  • 8,094 posts

Posted August 09, 2016 - 07:38 PM

Today can be best summed up by "we tried".

After another night of pogo sleeping I got a text from Graham around 9 or so askign if he could borrow the truck. I told him go for it and tried to go back to sleep. It didn't happen.

I played with my tablet, that will now  charge, for a while. After I got to needing a pick me up I struggled to an upright position and

courtdate.jpg

At noon I called the surgeon again. I got voice mail. I left a very ummm strident message stating my displeasure with the way they were doing nothing. I told them that Steph went back to work in September and I could not take care of a 4 year old by myself while reco45vering from surgery. I needed it scheduled ASAP or I was finding another doctor. 

Then we got dressed and went outside. 

After I bailed out the tarp, Max was fired up. I needed to move the BlueOx to get max behind it to get to a piece of rail road track I want to use for a crane book on Max, that was in the weeds. We broke two tow straps and then got a chain. It was just long enough that I was in a swampy spot when I tried to pull. We got out the synthetic winch cable and it was so muddy that Max couldn't do it. So CB got hooked to the front of Max. No dice. Although we did dig some nice "muddy puddles" for Heath to jump in.   

Then we hooked Max to the derelict Snapper tractor (not a rer) It moved about 20 feet before I stopped moving. I never put the lever back in on the hydro so I had assumed it was still out. It wasn't. 

I did get enough room to maneuver Max behind the OX. Then I backed it into the mass of vines and blackberrys growing where I thought the track was. I back up as far as it would go them pulled out.

I got a call back from the Doctors office. My surgery is now scheduled for Monday. Amazing what a little yelling will get you.

A quick look in the weeds revealed the RR track. It got hooked to a chain and pulled out. 

There wasn't enough room to turn around SO I backed out and went down in the field in reverse. When I started back up Max died. I restarted it and had no traction so I had to back down again. Same result. the third time I think I was doing 40 MPH when I hit the hill. I made it up just as it died. I was a bit concerned about stopping though.

With teh hydro released on the Snapper it rolled very easily back into place. 

We hooked up a jump box to the battery and the dying went away. The track got pulled out and it started to pour. Since Max has nothing shielding the electronics under the dash from rain he had to go back under the tarp.  I did hook up the battery charger.

The track got left in the middle of the bzck yard. We ran in. 

After we all had a bath we started getting ready to go to the store. I got a call from the insurance office of the docs office. I had to sit on the back steps to have a good connection. The idiot neighbor stood in his driveway and listened. I told the gal on the phone I was going to moon him. She was dying laughing. Nicest person I have talked to so far from the docs office. 

When I was finished with that we headed out. We went to TSC. I found a socket set on clearance for $10. Also found a hitch insert with a 2 in ch ball for $6. they had a massive pair of vice grips for $14, but I held off. We got rabbit feed and headed out. 

We drove over to Walmart and nearly got hit twice in the parking lot. It was barely raining at the time. I don't know what was going on in peoples minds. 

After we got parked with no collisions we went inside. The clouds let go and it sounded like Niagra Falls outside. 

After checking the clearance aisle and finding nothing we headed over to automotive. On the way we passed the big bin on Hot wheels cars. Heath found a red Mini Cooper that was decorated with a "yellow submarine" logo. I have no idea why I haven't seen that movie since the late 70s.

We Grabbed some food stuffs we needed and headed out. Steph paid while I waded out to the truck. I pulled around and we loaded up and headed home. 

I am worn out. We didn't get the things done I wanted to outside, but it was busy enough. 

BTW aany typing errors are thanks to Alfie attacking my fingers while I typed. 

• olcowhand, MH81, Craig. and 2 others have said thanks