4314 replies to this topic

#4021 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,082 posts

Posted July 25, 2016 - 08:51 PM

My parents bought a fridge at Lowes. 4 fridges later and threatening phone calls they finally got one that worked.

They would never get down to the correct temperature on both sides..

First 3 were frigidaide double doors. Then they got a free upgrade to a whirlpool(I think)

Good luck.
  • Craig., KennyP and UncleWillie have said thanks

#4022 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,316 Thanks
  • 28,634 posts

Posted July 26, 2016 - 06:38 AM

Yeah, FrigginAire has really hit rock bottom.
The 18's and the like units above and below are seeing very high failure rates in compressors. Even the ones that work are loud and vibrate.same with the Evaporator fans.
The whole line is like that unless you're buying their top of the line. Even then... Not my fav.
Any small appliances( AC, dehumidifiers, small chest freezers) there aren't any parts. Failures get exchanged in warranty, SOL out of warranty. That doesn't make people happy.

GE appliances were recently bought by HAIER. Worlds largest appliance mfg and based in China. I see very little fixable in the near future from that company. Just hoping they keep service and the factory open over here.
GE and Frigidaire were going to join forces, Frigidaire backed out.
  • olcowhand, Alc, Craig. and 1 other said thanks

#4023 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• Member No: 1842
  • 883 Thanks
  • 765 posts

Posted July 26, 2016 - 11:26 AM

We have Manards and Lowes close to each other and I find myself going to Manards most of the time. Lowes over the past few years has just started a downward trend that is just picking up speed as far as I can tell.  

• MH81 and Bmerf have said thanks

#4024 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• Member No: 1842
  • 883 Thanks
  • 765 posts

Posted July 26, 2016 - 11:29 AM

My parents bought a fridge at Lowes. 4 fridges later and threatening phone calls they finally got one that worked.

They would never get down to the correct temperature on both sides..

First 3 were frigidaide double doors. Then they got a free upgrade to a whirlpool(I think)

Good luck.

Oh good grief, that shouldn't happen, your kidding me. I hate Lowes and avoid going there.

• MH81 and toomanytoys84 have said thanks

#4025 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,082 posts

Posted July 26, 2016 - 11:33 AM

Oh good grief, that shouldn't happen, your kidding me. I hate Lowes and avoid going there.

It was just a few months ago.

Dad always kept thermometers in both sides. One side would get within spec and the other side would be warm. One the compressor sounded like a jet engine.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
  • Craig. said thank you

#4026 adamjd200 OFFLINE  

adamjd200
  • Member No: 39654
  • 1,406 Thanks
  • 1,538 posts

Posted July 26, 2016 - 02:04 PM

We have Manards and Lowes close to each other and I find myself going to Manards most of the time. Lowes over the past few years has just started a downward trend that is just picking up speed as far as I can tell.  

I have noticed this with lowes as well, within the last 6months I have been watched as I shopped in the tool section, my guess is they thought because I was young I was going to steal something, lady even followed me up to the register, I haven't been back and don't plan to go there if I can avoid it.

• Craig. said thank you

#4027 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,316 Thanks
  • 28,634 posts

Posted July 26, 2016 - 04:16 PM

I have noticed this with lowes as well, within the last 6months I have been watched as I shopped in the tool section, my guess is they thought because I was young I was going to steal something, lady even followed me up to the register, I haven't been back and don't plan to go there if I can avoid it.

So, what did you steal? :rolling:
  • Craig. and adamjd200 have said thanks

#4028 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,765 Thanks
  • 7,703 posts

Posted July 26, 2016 - 05:14 PM

Since Wal-mart owns Lowe's it is not small wonder things are going down hill. 

• Craig. and backwoods have said thanks

#4029 coldone OFFLINE  

coldone

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 839
  • 1,631 Thanks
  • 1,668 posts

Posted July 26, 2016 - 05:26 PM

GE appliances were recently bought by HAIER. Worlds largest appliance mfg and based in China. I see very little fixable in the near future from that company. Just hoping they keep service and the factory open over here.
GE and Frigidaire were going to join forces, Frigidaire backed out.

HOLY CRAP!!!! I have forbidden HAIER scientific freezers from being sold on campus. I am not talking about cheap consumer goods, I am talking $10K+ dual compressors, -80C, Storing lifetimes of research freezers, because they are poor quality, cheaply made and ABSOLUTELY NO SUPPORT OR PARTS. I cant believe that GE is letting them have that name brand. That is as bad as all the good GTs names being sold to MTD and MTD has better quality than HAIER!

• olcowhand, MH81, Craig. and 1 other said thanks

#4030 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,651 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted July 26, 2016 - 08:27 PM

Dog Days of Coffee

dog coffee.jpg

• Craig., KennyP, jpackard56 and 1 other said thanks

#4031 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,316 Thanks
  • 28,634 posts

Posted July 26, 2016 - 09:35 PM

HOLY CRAP!!!! I have forbidden HAIER scientific freezers from being sold on campus. I am not talking about cheap consumer goods, I am talking $10K+ dual compressors, -80C, Storing lifetimes of research freezers, because they are poor quality, cheaply made and ABSOLUTELY NO SUPPORT OR PARTS. I cant believe that GE is letting them have that name brand. That is as bad as all the good GTs names being sold to MTD and MTD has better quality than HAIER!

http://www.cnet.com/...longs-to-haier/
  • Craig. said thank you

#4032 adamjd200 OFFLINE  

adamjd200
  • Member No: 39654
  • 1,406 Thanks
  • 1,538 posts

Posted July 26, 2016 - 09:36 PM

So, what did you steal? :rolling:

Nothing, I don't steal, I hate thieves! (I knew someone would make that joke)

• MH81 and Craig. have said thanks

#4033 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,765 Thanks
  • 7,703 posts

Posted July 27, 2016 - 11:11 AM

Nothing, I don't steal, I hate thieves! (I knew someone would make that joke)

Deny everything is always a good idea.
  • MH81, Craig. and adamjd200 have said thanks

#4034 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,765 Thanks
  • 7,703 posts

Posted July 30, 2016 - 04:22 PM

Long Saturday.

This morning I got up at 730. Made a pot of coffee. Got dressed. Put on my boots. Took one step. And remembered the blister on my left heel. I had to dig to find the blister pads and put one on. Then I went and woke Emily up. I made her stand up before I was satisfied she wouldn't go back to sleep. By the time I did that I had to run out the door without so much as a cup of coffee. 

I got Jeni to work and headed home.

Coffee got poured into the thermos. and I started a pot of just plain water. I ran out to the shop to see if we had any power steering fluid for CB. We didn't. I came in and grabbed a towel and the hot water and went out to clean the sap off CBs windshield. I could barely see out if taking Jenni to work. 

When I wiped the inside of the windshield down with the hot wet rag this happened. 

111sat2.jpg

We had to leave to I unplugged the mirror and tossed it in the back seat. 

Then Emily and I got on the road. She was eating a cheese quesadilla so her hands were busy. When she finished I had her pour me the days first cup.

filename-marathoncoffeeshop.jpg

We stopped at Autozone and got some power steering fluid then I headed to the gas station. For some reason the bank card was declined. There is money in the account. Emily had her card so I got $10 in gas and we headed to the airport. We were late so I put CB into the Plaid and we made up time.

We parked and then had to wait for the one working elevator in the parking deck to get to us. We hotfooted to the terminal and got her to the plane just as it was boarding.  I watched the plane till i pulled away from the gate. Partially to see her leave, but mostly because there was an air vent by the window. I was soaking wet by the time we got through the TSA. The airport was hot.

Once I was cooled down I headed back to CB and headed home. 

After some time sitting down and drinking coffee, it was time to get some work done. 

The tilt column on CB was loose when we got it. It had gotten so bad the steering was more like a boat than a truck. 

111sat1.jpg

Usually I can do one in about an hour and a half. Not this one. The cars with the Saginaw steering column were notoriously easy to steal. So to fix it GM added some extra parts to the column. This is the first one I had come up on. It was a pain in the butt to get back together. So much so that I had Steph go get the column from the WarBeast out of the shed so I could look at how thing went. 

Heath was driving me batty asking what I was doing every 3 seconds. I told him to go climb a tree. He went around back and got his little ladder and climbed up the tree in the front yard. It back me a break. 

Someone had the column apart before and bent the rod that goes to the dimmer switch. Once I saw how it was supposed to look I bent it as best I could and finally got it together. 4 hours later. 

Halfway through Steph took Christine and picked Jeni up from work. She also got some JB Weld on her way back. 

I stuck the mirror mount back on with it. 

111sat.jpg

Hopefully it will stay. I will let it set up over night and mount the mirror tomorrow. 

When I finally came inside I got a text from Emily. She landed in Phoenix. 

While Steph and I were outside Heath came in and found the chocolate chips. I doubt he will eat supper tonight. 

• olcowhand, wvbuzzmaster and KennyP have said thanks

#4035 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,316 Thanks
  • 28,634 posts

Posted July 30, 2016 - 05:48 PM

Chocolate chips. The youngsters expresso.
Good luck getting him to sleep LOL
  • wvbuzzmaster said thank you