UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted July 15, 2016 - 07:00 PM

Would this be the unit you need for the FF?
http://www.ebay.com/...1EAAOSwdzVXiG3H

Yep that woukd have been it IF it had the pin.

Edited by UncleWillie, July 15, 2016 - 07:01 PM.

• Craig. said thank you

#4007 fordmustang1984 OFFLINE  

fordmustang1984

Tractorholic

• Member No: 27
  • 23 Thanks
  • 428 posts

Posted July 15, 2016 - 11:23 PM

What do you mean if it had the pin?
  • Craig. said thank you

#4008 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,300 Thanks
  • 28,626 posts

Posted July 16, 2016 - 06:21 AM

p;Not a whole lot going on. 

I had to take Jenni to work this morning because Graham has still not gotten his settlement on the wreck, but had to turn his rental

Wow, your laws must be different.
It's my understanding here that they can call, demand, beg, bully, etc... But until you have settled, you get the loaner.
It may be that it was on his insurance, so then they could say something... But you can go after the other guys insurance. And if they're on the hook for a rental... They may move faster.

Something to look into anyways. If they say no, maybe use words like Lost Wages and Taking My Sick ____ to the Dr.
  • Craig. said thank you

#4009 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted July 16, 2016 - 02:14 PM

Wow, your laws must be different.
It's my understanding here that they can call, demand, beg, bully, etc... But until you have settled, you get the loaner.
It may be that it was on his insurance, so then they could say something... But you can go after the other guys insurance. And if they're on the hook for a rental... They may move faster.

Something to look into anyways. If they say no, maybe use words like Lost Wages and Taking My Sick ____ to the Dr.

there was a problem with the title. His dad cosigned for the car and his name was on the title. His dad died about 4 years ago and his name was never taken off the title. His step mom has to go to court with him to do something to get it changed since the dad had no will. They can't get to court till the 20th. It is just a minor inconvenience for now. 

• olcowhand, MH81, Craig. and 2 others have said thanks

#4010 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted July 17, 2016 - 11:57 AM

What do you mean if it had the pin?

The part I need is a small pin thar holds the pump on the shaft. since that one was off the shaft it is iffy that it had the pin.
  • Craig. said thank you

#4011 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,648 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted July 17, 2016 - 12:29 PM

The part I need is a small pin thar holds the pump on the shaft. since that one was off the shaft it is iffy that it had the pin.

No Willie, the pin is inside the charge pump, which is still mounted over the shaft.  The pin would still be in there.

• Craig. said thank you

#4012 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted July 17, 2016 - 02:34 PM

No Willie, the pin is inside the charge pump, which is still mounted over the shaft.  The pin would still be in there.

It has been a while since I looked at it. Or my favorite excuse - I have slept since then. Drain bramage is no fun. Although I can hide my own easter eggs

• olcowhand, Craig., KennyP and 2 others have said thanks

#4013 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted July 17, 2016 - 10:00 PM

Man it is humid. 

I didn't get much sleep last night because I was hurting. I took a muscle relaxer. I woke up at noon.

70bc3c2ba0882977add3f36653ef9b7b.jpg

Then I sat on my massaging cushion.

I sent Steph down to Shelby to get a cordless circular saw. 

At around 7 we went out to work on Heath's swing. 

In about an hour we had the slide/fort put together.

IMG_20160717_203148493.jpg

Then we took the parts for the swing set and put them on top of the KFC tractor shed. I have to get some wooden dowels and redo some of the rungs on the ladder part so it has to wait a while

We used up several batteries between the grinder and the saw, so now I am charging everything. I now have 7 batteries. 

And the cordless tool inventory is 2 1/4 inch impacts, 2 cordless drills (A friend works at Lowe's and got me a drill/impact set with a charger and 2 batteries, that had been returned and worked perfectly for $40) reciprocating saw, flashlight, circular saw, and grinder.

• olcowhand, Craig., KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#4014 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted July 18, 2016 - 08:23 PM

Well, I didn't expect that. 

This morning I had to take Jenni to work. I was up and gone before anyone else even realized I was gone. 

I came home and Sat down to enjoy my coffee and do nothing today.

SurpriseCoffeeLogo.png

Sam's van pulled in at 11. I wasn't expecting him at all. 

He had Emily, Nehemiah, and Tyler in tow.

So I put on some work clothes and headed outside. 

I told Sam and Tyler to load up the trailer attached to CherryBerry and the bed Of Christine while I did some mowing. 

The Gravley started up just like it always does and I went to mow. I attacked the blackberry bushes and other growth that was taller than I am. That thing just amazes me every time I mow with it. 

Once I had a spot cleared I told them where to put stuff. 

It wasn't hot, but man it was humid. I was drenched after 20 minutes. 

Steph and I got busy installing a stereo in Sams van. It was the agreed on price for his working for me. 

While I was hooking up the Stereo he told me the horn only worked if the steering wheel was turned all the way to the right. I told him I wasn't going to take the column apart, but I would wire it to a button. He said do it. 

About halfway thru thru the stereo in stall Jenni called. She was leaving work early. So I left Steph installing the rear speakers (Sam's were buzzing and disintegrated when we took them out) and I went to get her. 

We stopped at the bank and at Autozone before we came back. 

I got the horn and stereo hooked up and then went to see what the boys had done. They didn't put exactly where I had told them to, but it is down the hill now and I don't really care that much. 

They were tired and ragged, but I told them we would stop at 6. And we did. 

Steph cooked pork chops and potatoes for dinner. It was nice having a house full of young people for dinner. 

We watched Back to the Future while we ate. They had never seen it. We started watching the second one and they were enjoying it. 

Steph and I slipped out to take a shower. We were nasty and sweaty from being outside all day. 

At 8 I told them it was time to call it a day. We had to run to Wal-Mart and get Allison a phone charger. I told them we would stop the movie and pick it up next time they came up. 

At Wal-mart I got a new pair of slip on shoes for all of $5. I needed some. 

We got back home and I am done. 

• olcowhand, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#4015 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,461 Thanks
  • 39,690 posts

Posted July 19, 2016 - 05:00 AM

I know what you mean about the humidity! Our temps and the dew point have been real close together for a while now. Doesn't take much to start sweating!

• Craig. said thank you

#4016 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted July 19, 2016 - 07:34 PM

Another scorcher. 

This morning we had to be up early to get Allison off to the airport.

vintage-1984-the-far-side-gary-larson-fr

Her flight was at 955. We got to the airport at 900. We filled out the unaccompanied minor paperwork and then got Heath and I went back to the gate with her. Steph left her purse in the truck and didn't have an ID to get a gate pass. 

the ticket agent told us to go to the TSA check point to the right because it would be the closest one. We go there and the TSA jerk said we had to go to the one to the left of the ticket counter. So we did. Teh Jerk there told us the line was full and ot go to the one further to the left. This kept up till we got to the one on the far end of the airport. 

When we got through the TSA it was 930. We had to hoof it all the way across the airport to the American airlines gate. There wasn't much further we could have gone and still been indoors. 

We got to the gate and they told us the overhead bins were full so her bag got checked for free. Yeaa. Small consolation after her mom had to pay a $160 unaccompanied minor charge. None of it cost me anything but shoe leather.

Finally Heath and I made our way back out of the terminal. 

On the escalator there was a couple behind me saying how glad they were to be back in BoJangle's territory. I told them there was one about 2 minutes from the airport. They got excited. 

After the 300 mile hike through the airport we got back to CB and Steph. I was worn out. 

We stopped in Gastonia for Steph to get something at the vitamin shop. I don't know what it was. 

Then we came home for a minute. 

I walked out of my office and smelled something odd. Not bad, just odd. I looked on a table and found that Heath had left me a half a banana at some point. I carried it in the living room, where Steph was standing by the rabbit cage. She opened the cage and I tossed the banana in. Momma rabbit caught it in mid air and pounced on it. I wish I had videoed it. She loves bananas. 

I got a text from Buddy saying that he put the tire on his tractor and now it wouldn't move under it's own power. SO we went to Shelby.

I had the boys load an old truck shell up on the little trailer after I found it with the Gravley yesterday. We hooked the trailer up and took it to the dump while we were headed that way. 

And by the way. The Gravley doesn't like my wedding ring.

Ouch1.jpg

Ouch.jpg

Buddy wasn't home so we pushed the tractor over to the shade and took a look at it. I thought the hydro had just disengaged, but it hadn't. We had it up on a jack and I was turning the wheel when Steph told me there was no axle key. 

We couldn't find it on the ground where the tractor had been sitting so I called Buddy. He said the old wheel was in the back of his truck (why I don't know) and he would be finished with the tile job he was on in 20 minutes and would be home.  An hour later I sent him a text and said we were going to Lowe's and to leave the wheel there if he had to leave again. 

When we got to the end of his road he texted that he was on the way and 5 minutes out. We went back to his house. 20 minutes later he showed up. I don't think he knows how long a minute is. 

The Key was still in the wheel and fell out as soon as I touched it. In 2 minutes the tractor was fixed. 

As we stood there and talked Heath stood up on a chair and decided to jump off. He didn't quite get high enough and caught his feet on the arm rest. He landed on the cement on his forehead. He didn't catch himself at all. He screamed for about 45 seconds and then was done with it. 

He has a very small bump and no bruising. both eyes are equally reactive. I swear the kid is made out of cast iron. (He did bring me a beer a minute ago and he was holding it on his head - LOL. )

We headed out. In Lowe's parking lot Heath saw Jack-in-the-box and said he was hungry. So we went to get some grub.  He spilled Steph's Root beer and she told the workers. It took them 20 minutes to get around to cleaning it up. They were not busy. 

We wandered thru Lowe's and got some flea spray for the dog pen. If you get with in 10 feet of it the fleas attack you. They were not that bad 3 weeks ago. Must have been a lot of eggs hatched out lately. 

ON the way home I called my friend Ben. He wanted to borrow my trailer to get some lumber. I called to see if he needed the monster or the small one. I got his voice mail. While I was leaving him a message we drove past a gas station in Cherryville. A woman in a bright purple dress (who was unattractive, but rather well endowed) stepped out into traffic, then jumped back up on the sidewalk, then started jumping up and down - with predictable results. I lost my train of thought in the middle of the voice mail and blubbered something and hung up. Steph was about to choke from laughing.

We got home at around 630.

The minster trailer had two flats from sitting. It was about 10 feet too far away to use the big air compressor. Not enough hose. With two flats CB wasn't going to pull it from where it was sitting. So I dragged out my small compressor that will run on the big extension cord. 

One tire was off the bead and didn't want to go back on. I put a strap around it and hosed the rim with PB Blaster (it was handy) and it went on. When I released the strap it ripped my thumb open.

Then Ben called and said he wanted the little one. Oh well. I need to move the big one anyhow. 

I was drenched in sweat and done. 

I watched Heath work for 15 minutes to get Buddy's old tractor tire/rim up the ladder and on to his trampoline. He tried about 4 different way. Finally he held the tire on the top step of the ladder and then climbed up next to it, crouched down on the edge of the trampoline, grabbed the tire, and wrestled it up. His face was beet red. 

Steph said the idiot neighbor was outside with his shotgun so I wandered over that direction. By the time I got there he was back inside. 

We discovered that he stole the homemade catch pole that was sitting next to the garden. Either that or it grew legs and walked off by itself. 

I finally got the mail and came inside. 

• olcowhand, Craig., KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#4017 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted July 22, 2016 - 12:47 PM

Not much going on. 

Too hot to do to much, but sweat. 

1769-steamy-goodness.gif

I did go down to look at a big Lowe's tractor. It was a real pile. When we hooked it to the jumper cables and turned the key wires started smoking. Offered him half what he wanted and more than it was worth. It is still sitting there. 

• olcowhand, MH81, Craig. and 2 others have said thanks

#4018 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,461 Thanks
  • 39,690 posts

Posted July 22, 2016 - 04:44 PM

Not much going on. 

Too hot to do to much, but sweat. 

attachicon.gif1769-steamy-goodness.gif

I did go down to look at a big Lowe's tractor. It was a real pile. When we hooked it to the jumper cables and turned the key wires started smoking. Offered him half what he wanted and more than it was worth. It is still sitting there. 

It's about the same here! 101° on the porch. Feels like 105°.

• Craig. said thank you

#4019 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• Member No: 1842
  • 883 Thanks
  • 765 posts

Posted July 24, 2016 - 06:27 AM

I'm so blessed to be working in my crane cab. In this heat I really feel for those who are working in this heat. Stay safe!
  • olcowhand and KennyP have said thanks

#4020 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted July 25, 2016 - 08:33 PM

The boys are back in town...

Last night I was sitting here playing a game and watching Star Trek, when Steph came in and said we had to go to bed. I looked at my watch. 1:30am.

I slept fitfully till about 1030. No more than 5 hours total in that time. Then I got a text from Jared that the BoJangle's in Cherryville had lousy service. I knew if they were that close they were headed here. We got up and got going in a hurry.

coffee-express-coffee-train-steam-towing

I had to go over and jump start Grahams tractor for him so he could mow. 

The Wrecking Crew finished moving tractors and junk from behind the building.

While they moves stuff Steph and I tried to figure out why the door on Sam's van wouldn't close. A liberal application of oil on everything and it started working. I like easy fixes. 

At around 2 I hopped on TheReaper and mowed behind the building. Grass was about 7 feet tall in a couple of places. It just chewed it up. 

Then the diesel Suburban, parts Suburban, parts pickup, the BlueOx, and the Volvo got dragged behind the buildings. I moved the big green trailer to the field. 

Steph, Jared, Sam, and Tyler moved the wood stove into the KFCTS. As soon as Jared walked in he got stung twice by my attack wasps. I walked in and they left me alone. I guess I should have introduced Jared. I noticed the population of wasps was a bit high so I culled them down some. I left one huge nest in there to protect my valuables. 

I had the boys pick numbers for the next job. Jared got the Reaper, Sam got the string mower, Tyler got the weed eater. 

They were going along good till the string mower had a stroke. The recoil starter self destructed.

While I had the spring all unwound, Ben pulled in.  He had 14 sheets of drywall that needed to go up a narrow set of stairs and into his attic. He wanted to borrow the Wrecking Crew. I told him I really didn't care if the yard got mowed because it made the neighbor mad. We loaded up in CB and headed down. 

Ben was very picky at how he wanted it up there. It took them an hour to get it moved. Ben and I sat in his air conditioned shop and talked.  When they were finished they were complaining about having sore legs. Ben and I told them that we weren't tired at all. He said he would go to the bank and get some money then come to the house to pay them. 

Graham had shut his tractor off and needed me to come jump start it again. So I did.

We got home. It was around 630. Steph had spaghetti ready. 

She cooked 10 pounds of ingredients. She put 4 in a vacuum bag after they were done eating. I can't argue because they worked hard. 

I sneaked a pic of them while they sat on the couch. When the flash went off they all 3 looked like someone slapped them. 

IMG_20160725_181834283.jpg

I though I was going to sit down. Graham called. He had taken the cover off his AC unit to clean it and didn't have enough hands to put it back on. So I went over to help. Steph, Heath and Jared came along. 

Once that was fixed we headed home. I got in the shower. the boys were finishing up Back to the Future 2 and 3. Steph left to go to the bank to get cash to pay them. 

When she got back she got three baby bunnies that were in the yard. We are hoping that with three of them they will keep each other warmer and survive. We spent some time feeding them and making them pee this evening. they boys weren't sure what to think about that. 

Once again I thought I was done for the day. I wasn't. Sam had a flat tire. SO we went back out. He had a roofing nail in his tire. Something had a snack out of my right leg while I was working on it. 

They headed home. I headed inside.

I won't complain about it being hot outside. I will say that I drank 3 gallons of liquid. I have not peed once. My clothes were dripping wet.

Our brand new refrigerator has decided it does not want to cool. Steph called Lowe's and they said they would order us a new one and bring it. I have no idea why they have to order it. If it doesn't come tomorrow I will call and see if I can light a fire under them.

• olcowhand, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks