UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,754 Thanks
  • 7,700 posts

Posted July 09, 2016 - 10:49 AM

Yesterday I didn't do much all day long. 

im_pretty_much_the_coolest_one_here_coff

Around 5 I went over to Jenni and Grahams and helped them get the last of Claire's stuff out of the house and up on the edge of the road. Jenni was coming unhinged, but we got her through it. 

We were back home at around 645. At 7 there was a wicked storm. I have not gone out to check the yard, but Steph said there were lots of limbs down. My neighbor said there were several pine trees down at the far end of the road. We did loose power at some time during the night because everything was off this morning. 

I plan to go out and take a look at the shift linkage on the Gravley today and try to get the JD 242 up on the stand to see what I can do to it. At the very least I will attack it with the pressure washer and evict the mice. 

• olcowhand, MH81, Craig. and 2 others have said thanks

#3992 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,288 Thanks
  • 28,622 posts

Posted July 09, 2016 - 02:28 PM

History is filled with families that have had to teach their kids hard lessons.
Sometimes the kids learn, sometimes they don't... But it sounds as if Jenni and Graham are doing what they feel is best for her..
  • Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#3993 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,455 Thanks
  • 39,682 posts

Posted July 09, 2016 - 03:17 PM

May have to do some of that here before long!

• Craig. said thank you

#3994 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,754 Thanks
  • 7,700 posts

Posted July 09, 2016 - 05:14 PM

The oldest machine I own was the only one that behaved.

Steph left early this morning to go to Mary Jo's fabric to buy a new sewing machine. They were having their once a year sale.

The rest of us did nothing till she got back. She said there were trees down every where from the bad storm we had last night. 

taste_the_old_coffee_of_louisiana_by_jag

Around 1 the girls cousin came and got Allison. She wanted to go somewhere with them. 

At around 2 the rest of us went outside and were not going to do much.

I tried to start the Wheel Horse to move Crusty out of the way. It refused to start. We tinkered with it for 30 minutes and I said screw it and used Cherry Berry to do the pulling. 

We needed to get the 242 off the little trailer and on the stand so I went to fire up the Falcon. The battery was dead. Steph got the jump box. The Falcon was out of gas. So I sent Steph to the gas station.

I went to the tent building and touched the key on the Gravley. It fired up instantly. Not bad for a 43 year old machine. I pulled it around into the shade and Emily and I got the tire off the right side. I messed with the shift linkage till I got what I think is a better adjustment. I won't know for sure till I have it moving under its own power. 

IMG_20160709_165050348.jpg

Then I carried the Gravley tire over to where I had the two little AG tires that were on the Hemorrhoid. They are about 1/2 inch shorter, but I am going to give them a try.

I like the Gravley rims a lot better. 

IMG_20160709_165054246.jpg

I got my tire breaker and went back over to the Gravley. I wrestled with one of the AG tires and managed to obliterate the inner tube. Good thing for me is it was full of stinky nasty liquid that dumped all over me. At least it was cool. I gave up gettign it all the way off the rim and decided to just let Steph take it to the tire shop. 

She came home and gassed up the Falcon, hooked up the jump box, and it finally started.  She pulled the 242 off the trailer.

She came back over to the Gravley and said there was a tiny bunny out of the cage.

Once I got to my feet I got on the Falcon and pulled the 242 over to the tractor stand. In the process I managed to snag the air line and pull it off teh compressor. It made a beautiful noise. Steph ran over and shut it off. 

Once the 242 was in front of the stand we swapped the Falcon for CherryBerry and pulled her up. Once it was on the stand I was screaming for Steph to stop. She hear me say pull harder and pulled it right off the far end of the stand( tire chocks and all) , where it landed upside down on top of a spare engine. Fortunately no one was behind the stand.

We had to move some stuff and one part of the tractor stand so we could put it on its wheels. 

It got re-positioned and we tried again. This time she stopped when I told her to. I was pushing to hard on the tractor I don't think CB could have pulled it off again. I wasn't letting it happen again. 

I sprayed it down with degreaser while Steph hooked up the pressure washer. It refused to start. Dang thing is brand new. 

I pulled the bowl off the carb while Steph wen to reconnect the air hose. Once I had it cleaned and blown out we tried again. It started on the fourth pull. 

I told Steph to get the tires and take them to the tire shop. 

The 242 got all nice and clean.

IMG_20160709_180336551.jpg

IMG_20160709_180345934.jpg

IMG_20160709_180355315.jpg

I started blasting off the Falcon when the pressure washer died. It ran out of gas.

I went back over to the Gravley and sat in the shade. Steph sent me a text saying the tire shop was closed. I thought today was Friday not Saturday. 

Then Emily spied the bunny. I got up and snagged my home made catch pole and we set about apprehending the escapee. If someone had videoed it and put it to Yakkity Sax it would have gotten a billion views on YouTube. After a 20 minute chase we caught the little darling. It is the one that was climbing the cage in the house and trying to get out. I guess the cage outside is easier to escape from. 

Since I was up. I decided it was a good time to walk in the house. I was drenched in sweat. 

I had Emily take off my boots and I got into a cold shower. 

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_20160709_180403835.jpg

Edited by UncleWillie, July 09, 2016 - 05:30 PM.

• olcowhand, Craig., KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#3995 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,754 Thanks
  • 7,700 posts

Posted July 09, 2016 - 05:33 PM

I also forgot to add 

The restaurant the Jenni works at was robbed last night when the power was down due to the storm. 

The hits just keep on coming. 

• olcowhand and Craig. have said thanks

#3996 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,637 Thanks
  • 29,838 posts

Posted July 09, 2016 - 06:14 PM

I also forgot to add 

The restaurant the Jenni works at was robbed last night when the power was down due to the storm. 

The hits just keep on coming. 

Danged thieves!  Too bad a bolt of lightning didn't zap them!

• Craig. and adamjd200 have said thanks

#3997 adamjd200 OFFLINE  

adamjd200
  • Member No: 39654
  • 1,392 Thanks
  • 1,532 posts

Posted July 09, 2016 - 08:27 PM

Danged thieves!  Too bad a bolt of lightning didn't zap them!

Order of criminals I despise the most:

Rapist

Murderer

Thief

• Craig., backwoods and oldedeeres have said thanks

#3998 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,754 Thanks
  • 7,700 posts

Posted July 10, 2016 - 05:47 PM

Finished what I started yesterday.

I was going to go out earlier than I did, but I got a call from an old friend and we talked for several hours.

35338590-Finished-Coffee-Ground-this-coffee-beam-are-digested-by-Civet-Stock-Photo.jpg

Finally we headed outside. 

I came up with a good way to hold the tire steady when I was taking the tire off. I got a leg that came off a machine that we scrapped and put it in the vise. It fit the bearing perfectly.

Only problem is that it rotates on the bearing. I need to make a crossbar to go to the rim and hold it from turning, and have an piece welded to the nut so I can turn it by hand,  then it will be perfect. Best of all it is compact.

IMG_20160710_163521803.jpg

IMG_20160710_163148397.jpg

IMG_20160710_163441192.jpg

Since the tires on the Gravley had good inner tubes in them I didn't have to go buy them. 

After some fighting I got the split rim put together on the right side. Since I had never done one like that it had a bit of a learning curve.

And got it on. 

IMG_20160710_165859563.jpg

Then we got the left side done. I found out that someone had messed up the rim and one of the holes was slotted out. It doesn't seem to mess up the functioning of the wheel. 

Then I took it on a test drive. 

The shift linkage is not a sensitive as it was, but it still kicks out of gear going down a hill. With the AG tires, however, it will climb back up without me having to get off and on.

I even drove it through a place that I had to push it when I mowed ( not walk behind, but push) and it went up like a tank. 

Monday or Tuesday, Jared and Sam are coming up to mow. I will put Jared on the Gravley after lecturing him on it. It is a machine that has one purpose in life, to mow. It doesn't care if you are alive, or even on the seat, while it is doing it. 

Edited by UncleWillie, July 10, 2016 - 05:48 PM.

• olcowhand, larrybl, Craig. and 2 others have said thanks

#3999 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,754 Thanks
  • 7,700 posts

Posted July 12, 2016 - 09:51 AM

Yesterdays hat adventures

37878530.jpg

I didn't sleep well so I didn't get out of bed till 1130. I don't think I really even got to sleep till about 4am.

Then I did nothing for a while. 

At some point Emily, Heath, Steph, and I all wound up on our bed, tossing Heath around like a rag doll, He loved it. 

At 3  had to head up to Lincolnton so Graham could take his rental back. 

When we got to Enterprise they said there was damage on the side of the car. I told them that since they did not do a walk around when he rented it they were SOL.  They looked at me like I had falled off a UFO then both blamed it on a guy who wasn't there. LOL. 

On the way home we stopped off to pay for my new truck. It is beautiful.

fe.jpg

fe2.jpg

It had a hard time avoiding a dog.

fe3.jpg

I also snagged a new mouse catcher.

IMG_20160711_211043791.jpg

He is a fiesty little bugger, He even attacked Carmel. Emily named him Alfred. We are calling him Alfie. 

By the time I got home Sam was there. He wanted to buy a .22 rifle and wanted me to go with him. Of course, Sam and I were the only ones ready to do even though they knew that we were leaving when I got back and they wanted to go. 

By the time we left it started to rain. And by rain I mean that every drop of the ocean fell in the matter of 20 minutes. To tell you how hard it rained, our road was freshly tarred and chipped Friday. It still had loose gravel on it when we left. It didn't when we came back.

Normally it takes 10 to 15 minutes to get from my house to the interstate. 45 minutes later we were not there yet. I knew we were not going to make the shop in Charlotte by the time they closed. So we sent to Dick's sporting goods and Gander Mt to look. Then we went to Passion Grill to talk over the options while we all stuffed our faces. 

Sam decided he wanted to go ahead and get the Ruger 10/22 at Dick's since it was cheaper. 

He didn't have enough money for the rifle, ammo, and a cleaning kit. I bought him a cleaning kit.

We headed back home.

I spent a few minutes with Sam going over the rifle and how it operated. He has shot before, but not the 10/22.

Sam left and it was about 230 when I finally got to bed. I woke up with my back killing me. 

We found Heath embracing his inner Hobo this morning.

Alfie has been put back in the bathroom with the litter box, because he kept trying to squat on my desk. Carmel and Gunner are fighting on our bed. It sounds like someone is getting killed, but they are having a ball. 

Heath must be comfortable, because he sitll has not got up yet. 

IMG_20160712_094201855.jpg

• olcowhand, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#4000 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,455 Thanks
  • 39,682 posts

Posted July 12, 2016 - 10:03 AM

Gonna knock the dents out and make it run again?

• Craig. said thank you

#4001 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,754 Thanks
  • 7,700 posts

Posted July 12, 2016 - 07:47 PM

Gonna knock the dents out and make it run again?

gonna put more dents in it. 

#4002 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,754 Thanks
  • 7,700 posts

Posted July 12, 2016 - 08:23 PM

And then there was one. 

Today Sam, his brother Nehemiah, and a freind Tyler came over to help. Jared was supposed to come but he flaked. I will kick his butt later.

one.gif

We got to cooking when they arrived at 11.

I put Tyler on the Falcon, Nehemiah on the string mower, and Sam on the Reaper ( new name for the Gravley if I haven't said it already) with a stern warning about it not caring if he lived or died. 

IMG_20160712_114547712.jpg

IMG_20160712_113500211.jpg

IMG_20160712_114425380.jpg

While they mowed Steph and I scurried around moving cars and tractors. 

At around 1 I noticed that Nem was no longer with us. I went inside and he was on the couch looking like a limp dish rag. He said he was done. LOL.

About halfway thought the Flacon decided it was enough and quit. It is not picking up fuel. I will look into it later. I spent about 30 minutes on it today.

I had told the boys to stay out of the ditch because it can be a bit tricky. I got on the Reaper to mow the ditch and wound up finishing off the already cracked seat. 

So we went down to the weld shop and had Timmy Dale weld it back up. I need a new seat but this will do for now. I am really hoping to find a steering sulky.

Once my yard was finished we loaded the Reaper up on the trailer and headed off to Grady's shop. 

On the way there a fire truck pulled out in front of us and we followed it halfway to his shop. There was a 2000ish S10 Pickup rolled up in a ball in a soybean field. There were no tire marks and no disturbance to the soy beans. I swear it looked like it fell out of a plane. 

There were plenty of police and medics on scene so we went on. 

I mowed the ditch at the shop and then mowed the perimeter of the property. I turned Sam loose first. HE mowed the back yard then turned the reaper over to Tyler. 

When we were done I had a massive headache. We loaded up and took back roads to Grady's house. 

On the way we passed what looked like a tiny gas station. We went inside. The inside was huge. It was like Scooby Doo's dog house. We each got a hotdog and a drink. I got some BC powders. We headed on to Grady's. 

Again I mowed the trecherous stuff then turned it over to the boys. I began to notice that it climbed things with easy while one of them was on it, but not with me on it. I wonder why? Hummmm.

The tire experiment was a complete success, so I will be buying a new set of them to put on next month. I will also load them. It seems that the difference in the 16 and 18 is negligible. I got high centered once, but the 18 inch tire would not have made a difference. 

I sent Steph a text to order Pizza and we headed home. 

I had told the boys to pile stuff in the tent building to get it out of the way so we could mow. So when we got back we had to take it all out and put it where it belonged. Then the Reaper was put away.

Before the pizza arrived I showed Sam how to break his new 22/10 down and we gave it a first cleaning. 

The pizza arrived and we snarfed it down. 

Then Sam wanted to shoot his rifle so we went across the street to Grahams. 

Last night when he bought ammo he said that 350 rounds would last him a long time. Both the salesman and I said it wouldn't.

With 6 of us shooting we went through half the box in no time. It is a nice shooting rifle. I may look in to one for myself. 

• olcowhand, MH81, Alc and 3 others have said thanks

#4003 fordmustang1984 OFFLINE  

fordmustang1984

Tractorholic

• Member No: 27
  • 23 Thanks
  • 428 posts

Posted July 15, 2016 - 10:55 AM

Would this be the unit you need for the FF?

http://www.ebay.com/...1EAAOSwdzVXiG3H

#4004 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,455 Thanks
  • 39,682 posts

Posted July 15, 2016 - 02:04 PM

Would this be the unit you need for the FF?

http://www.ebay.com/...1EAAOSwdzVXiG3H

That would work! Not a bad price either!

• fordmustang1984 and Craig. have said thanks

#4005 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,754 Thanks
  • 7,700 posts

Posted July 15, 2016 - 05:06 PM

p;Not a whole lot going on. 

I had to take Jenni to work this morning because Graham has still not gotten his settlement on the wreck, but had to turn his rental in.

swinging.jpg *-*-*-/////

I didn't do much after I got back. 

At 12 we went down to Shelby and took the trash off and picked up a swing set. Buddy's girls are driving age now and haven't used it in years. It needs some repair, but Heath is excited. We can't keep him off it till it is fixed. 

At 3 I picked Jenni up from work. 

Buddy called and needs a tire for the tractor I sold him. I told him to come up after work I had one.

Tomorrow we will go repair the swing set or at least the slide part. Heath isn't real keen on swings yet. That part can wait.  

• olcowhand and KennyP have said thanks