• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted June 26, 2016 - 08:02 PM

This morning I was slow getting moving. 

workshop-coffee.png

When I finally did I was in no shape to go to work on the Hyundai. I opened the door to let gunner out and was greeted by a blast furnace in the face.  Graham was hurting too. We talked agreed to start work on it at 4pm. It would start getting cooler then. 

I sat here at my desk eating goldfish and watching Agents of SHIELD. I have to get caught up. 

At 330 I got dressed and staggered out. It was warm, but not painfully so.

As soon as we got out Gunner captured one of the escaped rabbits. I took it and put it in the pen. It has a hurt foot, but I think it will make it. I think he was glad to see me. When I got to the pen something had pulled one of the feeders off. I may have to sit out with the boom stick one night this week. 

We got to work and immediately ran into a problem. The complicated shift linkage. I had no idea how it went back together. Nothing on this car is easy. We cam in and looked it up and found a very clear picture. I printed it out and went back out. 

Once I knew how it went together I had to get it assembled. If I had hands the size of Heaths and fingers that were 12 inches long it would have been a breeze. As it was we spent an hour getting 4 bolts and 2 cables connected. I named the car  Maechunbu. I will let you look it up in Korean.

We go to to the point we needed to put the engine cradle back in. It needed new ball joints and it was much easier to do them outside the car. 

The first one was horrible it took 45 minutes. I needed a special pair of snap ring pliers to  install the new snap ring. I didn't have one. We tired a few things and then I decided to make a tool. I had an old elcheapo pair of pliers that I put on the grinder and ground the tips of both jaws down. It took a few tries to get it right, but ti worked pretty good. It still took about 15 minutes to get the snap ring on it. The other side we had done in 15 minutes. 

We put the engine cradle under the car and picked up tools and called it a day. We were both snapping and popping in unhealthy ways by then. 

There is leftover taco meat in the fridge so I know what I am having for dinner.  

• olcowhand, MH81, Craig. and 2 others have said thanks

#3962 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,571 Thanks
  • 29,821 posts

Posted June 26, 2016 - 08:06 PM

There are times I feel snap rings should be made illegal!  It's really lovely when the ears have been broken off!!  :wallbanging:

• MH81 and Craig. have said thanks

#3963 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted June 26, 2016 - 08:42 PM

There are times I feel snap rings should be made illegal!  It's really lovely when the ears have been broken off!!  :wallbanging:

These were the kind that don't have the holes in them just the tapered end. I hate them. 

• olcowhand, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#3964 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,233 Thanks
  • 28,597 posts

Posted June 26, 2016 - 10:41 PM

There is a special level of Hell, just for the guy who invented those Jesus Clips and the engineers who insist on using them in impossible places
  • Craig., KennyP, CRFarnsworth and 2 others have said thanks

#3965 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,520 Thanks
  • 3,913 posts

Posted June 27, 2016 - 04:51 AM

These were the kind that don't have the holes in them just the tapered end. I hate them.

And then it is a special size and only one place in the county has it. And charges an arm and a leg for it. I think it took us two days to find it.
  • MH81 and Craig. have said thanks

#3966 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted June 27, 2016 - 08:49 PM

I got a day off almost. 

My pain meds knocked me out at around 2am. I woke up at 1230.

1665280-Lazy-dominant-boss-sitting-very-relaxed-at-his-desk-swallowing-a-big-mug-with-coffee-while-a-submiss-Stock-Photo.jpg

Graham and I were supposed to work on the car after he got off work so I didn't have anything to do till about 5. 

At 2 Grahams wife called and said the insurance adjuster was there and asked if I could come talk to him. She told him her big grizzly bear was coming over. LOL. 

I started hunting for shoes to slip on. I found these.

IMG_20160626_213414665.jpg

I have no idea where the mates are.

The adjuster totaled the car and I asked him what the settlement was. His number was exactly in the middle of the prices I had found online. More than fair. 

I came back home and sat a while. 

At about 4 I got a thunderstorm alert on my phone I looked outside and it was dark and the wind was picking up.

So I ran out, put up the popup canopy, tossed all the tools that were under it in the Suburban, covered up the tool boxes, put the Gravley in the tent building, zipped up the tent building, fed the animals, collected egg, rolled up the windows on Christine, and snagged my toe on a piece of steel. I was drenched in sweat when I came in.

Toe is not bleeding, but sore. this is why I normally wear steel toed boots all the time and not loafers.

Then about 2 minutes later.

IMG_20160627_173725109.jpg

It rained for about a hour and a half. When it stopped I went out to get the mail and found Diesel loose in the yard again. 

They pushed my temporary repair down. I put it back up and then put the Falcon against it. They have tried, but they can't move the tractor. 

Papajohns had a 40% off special so I ordered a pizza. Gunner and I enjoyed it. 

Heath is having a ball at the beach.

temp_2.jpg

IMG_20160627_200657086.jpg

IMG_6234.jpg

IMG_3759.jpg

IMG_20160626_205401849_2.jpg

#3967 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,372 Thanks
  • 39,644 posts

Posted June 28, 2016 - 06:24 AM

Looks like he is having lots of fun.

• Craig. said thank you

#3968 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,233 Thanks
  • 28,597 posts

Posted June 28, 2016 - 06:35 AM

You guys must've had a conversation with him about keeping his clothes on :D
Glad they are having a nice time, I hear you on the steel toes, save my tootsies all the time.
  • olcowhand and Craig. have said thanks

#3969 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,227 Thanks
  • 5,070 posts

Posted June 28, 2016 - 07:24 AM

You can tell they are at some vacation destination.  8.49 for a banana split, and 3.49 for 3 scoops of ice cream plus the cost of the cone!  Phew..

• Craig. said thank you

#3970 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted June 28, 2016 - 12:52 PM

You can tell they are at some vacation destination.  8.49 for a banana split, and 3.49 for 3 scoops of ice cream plus the cost of the cone!  Phew..

Her mom has more money than brains.
  • Craig., KennyP and toomanytoys84 have said thanks

#3971 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,372 Thanks
  • 39,644 posts

Posted June 28, 2016 - 04:55 PM

Her mom has more money than brains.

Glad Heath can cash in and have fun!

• Craig. said thank you

#3972 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted June 28, 2016 - 07:17 PM

Glad Heath can cash in and have fun!

It is hilarious at Christmas when she buys Heath and Steph several hundreds of dollars of gifts and gives me a screwdriver. I can tell she doesn't like me. I don't really care, it is just funny. I am going to have to tell her to cut down on presents. She sends us so much stuff for every holiday and his birthday that we don't have room for it. Heath has about 25 toys he plays with regularly. The rest are sitting in a big Tupperware tote in his bedroom. Then she complains about not having money to do stuff. I wish I didn't have that kind of money. 

Not doing much today. 

Before I even had time for coffee Steph's fiend Anna came by for me to look at her AC. She is caring for an autistic boy who has seizures if he gets to hot. Her AC just stopped all at once. I shot a can of Freon in it and it started cooling. I told her I really need to pull a vacuum and find the leaks, but that will get her by for a while. 

While she was still here Tim pulled in the driveway. He needed an exhaust off of an engine that is stored here. We got that. While I was talking to him I got a call from a guy who had some stuff to sell because his power got shut off. So I needed cash.

So Tim drove me down to the bank then to Autozone. He bumped into a buddy and we chatted a while. Then I got some degreaser and he got some oil. I paid for his oil since he drove me down. I got a Dr Pepper so I had some caffeine in me. It kept me from having to drive Christine. 

I finally got home and made coffee. 

coffee-at-last.jpg

I did nothing the rest of the day till 630 when the guy showed up with a Troybilt tractor, some weedeaters, and a blower. I was drooling over the Gravley.

He left and I fed all the animals. I moved the humane trap to the building where I keep seeing the stray rabbits. 

I came in and finished off the Pizza I got yesterday. I tossed a load of misc rags in the washer with a lot of degreaser. Hopefully it takes care of anything that was left from the fly paper. 

Now I am watching the World Trade Center movie. It is pretty gut wrenching to think about all that again. 

• olcowhand, MH81, Craig. and 1 other said thanks

#3973 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted June 29, 2016 - 06:37 PM

2b277b6a6198bed07a2050197d4eea51.jpg\

I am the great white hunter. Watchful for my quarry at a distance. Ever ready to take my prey at any time. Patiently I watch their lair.

Thrice in as many days I have ensnared the beasts. Thrice they have been added to my meat supply. Their fleetness of foot no match for my cunning. 

My faithful companion alerts me to their presence as his keen canine senses pick up the scent.

The cold steel snap of the attack is sudden and shocking. In an instant - they are mine. 

We stalk, we wait, we capture, we eat.

And with one less roaming creature, we reset, and wait.

Translation: I have captured 3 escaped floofy bunnies in 3 days. I set a trap by the building they are hiding under. 3 more to go.

When trap closes Diesel yelps. I go out and put them in the pen with the rest of the bunnies.

Back is in an uproar - fortunately bunnies don't weigh much. 

• olcowhand, MH81, Craig. and 1 other said thanks

#3974 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted June 30, 2016 - 09:55 PM

Been a different kind of day.

bottom_coffeerabbit.jpg

About 1 I went out to give the bunnies their mid day watering. I found this little guy in the ground in the middle of the yard. 

IMG_20160630_162143879.jpg

He was warm and still feisty. fortunately the cat has not found him yet. 

I brought him in and hunted up the little bottle and the kitten milk replacement formula. After he ate he settled down on my belly and went to sleep.

IMG_20160630_173916958.jpg

When he woke up I made him up a box to sleep in. I didn't have a hot water bottle so I looked in the trash and found a DR Pepper bottle and filled it with hot water. I put it under a towel and he cozied right up to it. 

IMG_20160630_182028244.jpg

We have a momma rabbit who is a good foster mom. I took the last two litters she fostered and put them in the big indoor cage (they aren't old enough to go out yet.)

and put momma in the small cage by herself a while. 

Rabbits only feed their  young twice a day so I waited till about 9pm and then put the baby in with her. I petted her a good long while to let the baby crawl under her. As soon as I shut the cage she hopped away. 

I was a bit concerned she would not take a single orphan so I gave it an hour and then checked back in. baby appears to be fed and warm.

Edited by UncleWillie, June 30, 2016 - 09:58 PM.

• MH81, Craig., KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#3975 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted July 01, 2016 - 06:03 PM

10% chance went to 0.

Bunny did not make it through the night. 

funeral_director_mortician_funny_hearse_

At least he had a better chance than he would have with the cat. 

I got my shoes on to take him out and saw this.

IMG_20160701_092041006.jpg

A dutch and a lop. 

I had already put Gunner out on his run and I noticed that the lop didn't seem to care. The dutch lit out immediately. So I got my catch pole and gave it a shot. And 10 minutes later I added a lop to the cage.

The dutch is most like the offspring of Momma when she escaped and a wild rabbit. The lop I have no idea where it came from. It has been handled because once I picked it up it calmed right sown. 

I came in and discovered that Momma has learned a new trick.

IMG_20160701_093132217.jpg

She refused to put her head back in the cage till I gave her a good scratching. 

Her babies are almost big enough to go outside. 

IMG_20160701_093136850.jpg

Steph wants to breed momma again when she gets home from vacation. She really needs to get busy adding some to the freezer because we are about to be over run with fuzzy things.