• Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,611 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted June 22, 2016 - 08:12 PM

The humidity is a living, breathing, vengeful thing. 

And nasty, hateful, brutal,..............

Sure is hard to bear at times!

• Craig., KennyP, jpackard56 and 2 others have said thanks

#3947 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,418 Thanks
  • 39,668 posts

Posted June 23, 2016 - 06:55 AM

We get plenty of that stuff here too! Fans blowing hot air don't help much out there!

• Craig. said thank you

#3948 nbent OFFLINE  

nbent

customizer

• Member No: 8320
  • 628 Thanks
  • 520 posts

Posted June 23, 2016 - 09:50 AM

Monday it was 119 in Phoenix which is the hottest I have ever been in today it's supposed to be a cool 110
  • Craig. said thank you

#3949 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,742 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted June 23, 2016 - 06:47 PM

Played taxi again this morning. 

I had to get up early to take Graham to the doctor again. He had a scheduled appointment today.

0ad9256d5d360fdb7bfc33f5b193b4ed.jpg

I got home and it took a bit to unkink my spine from the doctors office chairs. You would think that going to the doc wouldn't cause you pain.

We got home and I sat in my chair for a bit. Steph, Allison, and Heath went to Walmart in the air conditioned CB. 

When they got back Steph and I went out and cleared up the last couple of things for me to finish mowing the back yard. In about a hour it was all done. Tomorrow we have to go out and trim. I only do it about once a month because it isn't all that important to me. With my wrecked back there are lots of things higher on the list. 

When I was through mowing I came in and got in the shower. 

Tomorrow afternoon I have to take Allison back to her Aunts so she can go to camp. Steph and Heath leave Saturday for the beach. I have the whole house to myself and not much to do. 

• olcowhand, MH81, Craig. and 1 other said thanks

#3950 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,742 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted June 24, 2016 - 07:06 PM

Nothing happening today.

vertebrae-mug-13oz.-extralarge.jpg

My back is killing me. I did take Graham to get his rental car. It took him a while to figure out how to start it. It had a push button. Came home. Sat on my massaging cushion. 

Emily just landed at the airport in Charlotte. Her cousin is picking her up. They are coming by here to get Allison. 

• olcowhand, MH81, Craig. and 1 other said thanks

#3951 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,611 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted June 24, 2016 - 07:16 PM

Take it easy & rest Willie.  Your body will thank you!

• Craig. and jpackard56 have said thanks

#3952 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,271 Thanks
  • 28,607 posts

Posted June 25, 2016 - 06:34 AM

Hope the back is better today.
  • Craig. said thank you

#3953 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,742 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted June 25, 2016 - 06:31 PM

Last night Carmel got out of the pen. Steph went to Wal-mart and got her a chain so I wouldn't have to deal with her escaping all week long. 

Today i had the house all to myself. I slept in. Laid in bed a while. Make coffee and was enjoying a cup with no distractions. Then the phone rang. 

Graham wanted to work on his step daughters car. So much for a day off. 

s-l300.jpg

I got dressed and was sitting at my desk, working on a second cup of coffee, when a saw  neighbor walk through the yard. I went out to see what he wanted. He said my dog was in the road. Gunner was in the house. I turned around and Diesel was behind me. 

Dangit. 

I went around back and found Carmel was through the hole they made in the pen, but was still on her chain. I had no problems getting either of them back in the pen. I put a large piece of wood over the hold and secured it with old mower blades. Never thought of using them as stakes before. 

While I was down on my knees hammering the blade in the ground I saw something white under the trampoline. It was a dead rabbit. There was a black one next to it. When I looked over at the rabbit pens I saw that both breeding pens were missing the breeder boxes and had no rabbits in them. There was a pile of dead white rabbits in the ditch. 

I really don't think Diesel did it, because he ignores the rabbits after the beating he got for going after them. I wonder if whatever killed them is the reason he came through the pen. 

In all there were 6 dead bunnies. All in rigor, so they had been dead a while. I put them in a trash can and then got a phone call and forgot about them. 

Graham made it over and we started to put up the popup canopy. It was broken. I really can't explain how it got damaged sitting folded up in the tent. All I can figure is Heath climbed on it. 

So we had to hop in Grahams fancy rental car and go to the hardware store. For the record his Chevy Cruise is horrible. Seats hard as rock. No headroom. Hard to get in and out of. I will keep my truck. 

We got back and repaired the canopy then got to work.  I was hurting so things went slow. 

Gunner found a loose rabbit in the pampass grass that kept him occupied most of the day. 

Once I had the clutch in we started installing the transmission. I needed something to help me line it up. I looked for a couple of bolts that were the same size as the ones that held the transmission in and found none. I sent Graham back to Ace with Christine to get some. He was filthy so there was no way he was riding in the tan interior of the Cruise. 

Once we got the transmission up and held in by two bolts I was done. My hands, arms and back were through. 

Graham helped me feed the animals. I found that the feeder on the other rabbit pen had been pulled off so something was trying to get them through there. 

Then I found the trash can full of dead bunnies. We took them to the back side of Grahams property in the woods and dumped them. The vultures and other animals will eat well. 

I came in and drank a gallon of Gatorade. both because I was thirsty, and because I needed to empty the cooler to make some for tomorrow. I put the freshly made cooler full of it in the freezer. It should be nice and cold tomorrow. 

I tossed my work clothes, and the load of misc stuff in a basket in the washer. 

It took me about 2 hours to stop sweating even with the AC wide open.

I went in to put the clothes in the dryer and I found a surprise. A flystrip was in the load. talk about a mess. It took me about 20 minutes to pick all the sticky bits out of the washer and all the clothes. I put the clothes back in  to get the rest of the sticky off. 

Two bologna and cheese sammiches and I feel almost human again. I will take a shower when the washer finishes up. 

I am worn out. 

• olcowhand, MH81, Craig. and 3 others have said thanks

#3954 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,611 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted June 25, 2016 - 06:40 PM

I'm worn out from reliving your day in print!  If it was as hot there as here, you had a miserable day....even without the flytape laundry!

• Craig., KennyP, Robert Webb and 1 other said thanks

#3955 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,418 Thanks
  • 39,668 posts

Posted June 25, 2016 - 07:10 PM

Not a good day for sure!

• Craig. said thank you

#3956 Craig. ONLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• Member No: 1842
  • 881 Thanks
  • 763 posts

Posted June 26, 2016 - 06:14 AM

Flytape in washer.... I can't imagine!

#3957 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,271 Thanks
  • 28,607 posts

Posted June 26, 2016 - 06:22 AM

It would've been worse if it made it into the dryer...
Make sure you tell Steph about the fly tape So she doesn't want your good clothes in it before she's done a couple loads of your stuff and a load of towels or something
  • jpackard56 and oldedeeres have said thanks

#3958 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,742 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted June 26, 2016 - 12:11 PM

It would've been worse if it made it into the dryer...
Make sure you tell Steph about the fly tape So she doesn't want your good clothes in it before she's done a couple loads of your stuff and a load of towels or something

I rewashed the same load twice then ran an empty cycle. The machine is not sticky anymore. 

• MH81 and KennyP have said thanks

#3959 oldedeeres OFFLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,848 Thanks
  • 3,191 posts

Posted June 26, 2016 - 06:43 PM

Ever try to catch a semi wild yard cat that backed into a hanging roll of fly tape? She was sure that an alien had her and fought like a ...... well, a wild cat. Hilarious for us, very traumatic for the cat; never was the same afterwards.  :rolling:  :rolling:  :rolling:

• olcowhand, KennyP, CRFarnsworth and 2 others have said thanks

#3960 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,241 Thanks
  • 5,077 posts

Posted June 26, 2016 - 06:59 PM

Ever try to catch a semi wild yard cat that backed into a hanging roll of fly tape? She was sure that an alien had her and fought like a ...... well, a wild cat. Hilarious for us, very traumatic for the cat; never was the same afterwards. :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

We had a house cat when I was a kid that somehow got a plastic grocery bag wrapped around her tail. She did not have a good time.
  • oldedeeres said thank you