UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,729 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted June 06, 2016 - 05:08 PM

I forgot. I also took the trailer hitch off the white pickup I bough last week. The guy wanted it back and neither of us wanted to tackle it without air tools. 

• Craig. and backwoods have said thanks

#3917 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,729 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted June 07, 2016 - 07:40 PM

Run run run. 

Last night about 1130 I kept hearing a  noise that I thought was the breeder rats fighting. After listening to it a while I realized Heath was crying. I went back to investigate. He didn't have his red blanket. I had to turn on every light in the house to find it. How does a queen size bright red blanket get lost? Once he had it back he rolled up in it and went to sleep. 

I got back in the bedroom and Steph was snoring like a lumberjack. I woke her up and told her to put on a nose strip. 

I woke up at 7am.

cd622eef9dc14da0ab8b7130f74ebc36.jpg

I released Heath and he dove into the bunch of bananas.  I swear the kid is half monkey. 

There wasn't much I could do because he had a doctors appointment. So I waited around and let Heath watch Tonka Tough trucks.

We got to the doc at the appointed time and Heath was not having it. He didn't want his blood pressure taken. He didn't want his heart listened to. 

Then the doc left the room and came back with a Popsicle. He was all excited - till she started giving him shots. He didn't like that at all. 

When I was a kid I got a shot and was told to shut up. He gets a Popsicle. I was cheated. 

When she was done I told him we needed to leave before she came back with more shots. He ran down the hall. They were all dying laughing. 

Since he did so good we went to Sonic. After eating we got chocolate malted shakes. 

He approved.

IMG_20160607_144535005.jpg

Then we went to Home and Tool world. I needed a hitch pin and they are the cheapest. I came out with a set of assorted o-rings, assorted greesezerts, a camp chair ( Big one for $19), 4 hitch pins, and 4 spare hitch nuts. I have never seen the nuts for a hitch sold exasperatedly. The gal there said they had just got them in. 

Then we took a drive down to the garage to get a piece of exhaust pipe. Rather than stretch one end he told me to take it home and find out exactly what it needed to fit. $6.

Then we went to Amberley's Discount. After looking at everything I got a can of paint stripper and Heath got a little battery operated fan -$3.

The we came home.

We waited a while for Steph to get home. 

When she arrived we headed out. 

First the trailer had to be brought around front. So i hopped on the Wheel Horse and snagged it from under the tree and pulled it around front. When I lowered the lift to release it it picked the back of the tractor off the ground. It took a bit to get it unstuck and disconnected. 

After the trailer was hooked to CherryBerry I took the WH and pulled Buddy's Craftsman off the trailer. 

Then we left. 

A 30 minute drive and I snagged this.

IMG_20160607_193859682_HDR.jpg

IMG_20160607_193805611.jpg

IMG_20160607_193817592.jpg

IMG_20160607_193828600.jpg

IMG_20160607_193848104.jpg

It will be sold, because there is no way I can mow on it without dislocating my spine. The sellers dad bought it new. It is all original.

• olcowhand, larrybl, Craig. and 3 others have said thanks

#3918 larrybl ONLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 415
  • 4,939 Thanks
  • 3,320 posts

Posted June 07, 2016 - 07:58 PM

I wish you (or me) was closer.

• Craig. said thank you

#3919 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,729 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted June 07, 2016 - 08:01 PM

For the right price I can get closer. 

• larrybl, Alc and Craig. have said thanks

#3920 Bmerf ONLINE  

Bmerf

Patina Farmer / Rust Collector

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9846
  • 1,707 Thanks
  • 1,444 posts

Posted June 07, 2016 - 08:02 PM

Same here. Always wanted a Gravely.

• Craig. said thank you

#3921 bbuckler OFFLINE  

bbuckler
  • Member No: 59269
  • 2,079 Thanks
  • 1,885 posts

Posted June 07, 2016 - 08:07 PM

Someone has one on craigslist with a tiller and a sulky but they want $500

• larrybl and Craig. have said thanks

#3922 larrybl ONLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 415
  • 4,939 Thanks
  • 3,320 posts

Posted June 07, 2016 - 08:17 PM

BOH is sucking me dry right now, but he will be done soon.... oh wait I have a Green one that needs attention. I am starting to feel the Tractors are multiplying here like the Cats. 

Attached Thumbnails

• SUNP0110.JPG
  • SUNP0111.JPG

• Alc, Craig., KennyP and 2 others have said thanks

#3923 backwoods OFFLINE  

backwoods
  • Member No: 8613
  • 2,060 Thanks
  • 2,433 posts

Posted June 07, 2016 - 09:12 PM

I would love that gravely but N.Y. is a distance from.you

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
  • Craig. said thank you

#3924 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,355 Thanks
  • 39,630 posts

Posted June 08, 2016 - 05:06 AM

That's a very nice Gravely! Reminds me to get mine going.

• Craig. said thank you

#3925 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,222 Thanks
  • 5,069 posts

Posted June 08, 2016 - 06:56 AM

When I was a kid I got a shot and was told to shut up. He gets a Popsicle. I was cheated. 

I tell my wife the same thing!  I remember mom's favorite saying.  "If you are going to cry, I'll give you something to cry about!"

• MH81, Alc, Craig. and 2 others have said thanks

#3926 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,729 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted June 08, 2016 - 06:21 PM

Glad this one is almost over. 

Since Graham's Step daughter's car is broken and she is using his wifes car, I am taking his wife to work. So At 645 I was up and staggering around. Heath was up and wide awake instantly.

cbfc43e1688836aba881424d35842cc1.jpg

Since the Gravley was still on the trailer, I started to drop the trailer. The a truck driven by a shifty looking guy  drove by real slow looking at it . I didn't want to make a nice, "Steal me" Package out of it, so I put the jack back up, and mashed my thumb.

I just towed the trailer to her job. It isn't far away.

We got home and I was groggy from lack of sleep. I only got about 3 hours last night. 

I tried to doze off in my chair, but every time I got close Heath jumped in my lap.  At about 830 I saw something reddish colored go flying past my window. I looked and It was Carmel, then I saw Diesel. I yelled for them to get back in the pen. Rather than wait for me to open the gate they both crawled back thru the hold in the fence. I put a wooden panel in front of it and came back in. I didn't feel like fooling with it. About 20 minutes later I heard Diesel yowel. I looked out and Carmel was headed across the road. 

Wanda was getting in her car and Carmel wanted to go for a ride with her. Scared poor Wanda to death. 

I got her back in the pen, put the panel back in front of the hole, and then parked drove the Falcon into it and set the parking brake. I didn't think she could push that. 

I tried to doze in my chair. I think Heath knew it and kept jumping on me every 20 minutes. 

At 11 I had enough and we went outside. 

I backed the Gravley off the trailer - that was an experience. Then I cut a swath in the field. It mows pretty good. It took me a while to get used to the controls, It has been 30 years since I used one. I found that with my lard butt on the seat it will not climb a hill. As soon as I stood up it took off again. 

I tried to put the exhaust pipe on Spooky and found that it needed to be expanded on one end. So I tossed it in CB, put Heath in the truck, Gunner in the house, and we left. 

With the pipe expanded we came home. the exhaust now only lacks clamping. I didn't feel like messing with it by myself today. 

Then I turned my attention to the Craftsman. Whatever the PO did to it I am going to have to replace the whole wirein harness to fix properly. If you unhook anything, including the ammeter it will not engage the starter. I spent way to long trying to figure out what he did. Then I decided to just get it working so I can take it down to Buddy. I will find him a new(er) harness and swap them out on day. He doesn't care. 

So Gunner went back in the house, Heath and I got in the truck, and left. 

We got down to AZ and a buddy was there. He works for a company that does roadside assistance for big trucks. He had pictures of a big rental truck that the renter let his 14 year old son drive. It was in 4 pieces. 

I got a waterproof starter button and headed home. 

It didn't' take long to wire up a shut off (ground) to the coil. Turn off the key, push the button, and it dies, It still starts weird ( after you let go of the key) but I figured out what to listen for. 

I finally just left my tools outside and I will get Steph to pick them up when she comes in. 

I still have to fix the dog pen when she gets back. I told her to get a roll of fencing to fix it with. 

• olcowhand, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#3927 farmerall ONLINE  

farmerall
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8266
  • 2,148 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted June 08, 2016 - 08:07 PM

That looks like a nice Gravely. Too bad I'm so far away form you, if I was closer I'd probably be trying to buy it lol.

• Craig. said thank you

#3928 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,729 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted June 08, 2016 - 08:33 PM

Dog pen is fixed, Gravley is tucked in the tent. tools are picked up. 

• olcowhand, MH81, Craig. and 1 other said thanks

#3929 Sawdust ONLINE  

Sawdust
  • Member No: 36549
  • 4,521 Thanks
  • 2,829 posts

Posted June 08, 2016 - 08:33 PM

That Gravely is nice been looking at some type of walk behind but most are so expensive. I have about an acre or so of hillside I try to keep cut...just to hilly for a tractor. It takes me about four hours with a weed eater & about two days of rest lol.
  • Craig. said thank you

#3930 drbish ONLINE  

drbish

Collecter

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2544
  • 1,154 Thanks
  • 1,156 posts

Posted June 09, 2016 - 07:33 PM

I can not find the post,someone was looking for what you have,they were from Wilmington,and was going to be at Denton during the fourth