UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,767 Thanks
  • 7,703 posts

Posted May 17, 2016 - 06:54 PM

Since I haven't been able to do much for the past two days, I have been expanding my brain. 

WWII has always been fascinating to me. So I watched all 7 of the Why We Fight films by Frank Capra, on the PeriscopeFilms  youtube channel

I even learned a thing or two. 

I have also been reading I Could Never be so Lucky Again by Gen, James H. "Jimmy" Doolittle. He is an amazingly intelligent, humble man. I didn't realize he had a doctorate in aeronautical sciences.

• olcowhand, Craig., KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#3872 larrybl ONLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 415
  • 4,955 Thanks
  • 3,328 posts

Posted May 17, 2016 - 08:24 PM

Thanks, booked marked for later viewing. Still working on finishing all the Dr. Who seasons. As far as reading, I get to go over technical manuals for McAfee Security management server, and Red hat Linux servers so I can apply security patches to them. 

• MH81 said thank you

#3873 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,767 Thanks
  • 7,703 posts

Posted May 18, 2016 - 06:13 PM

99% done...maybe.

I was in bed at 9pm last night. Couldn't keep my eyes open any more. I was awake at 5am. 

When I turned Heath loose he wanted a sandwich. So I made him one. 

8397309025aa08a1532b6b8cd5edbf0b.jpg

Around noon we staggered outside, and I got to work on the Dodge.

Allow me to say I hate Dodges. I hate this Dodge in particular. And most of all I hate the Dodge engineer that designed the rear drum brakes. I hope he catches a disease that causes him great pain.

Since the drum system was so rusted and fell apart when I took the drums off I had to do a good bit of research to even find a diagram of the stupid thing. Once i had that I went out and tried again. 

Since the brakes looked like this

IMG_20160514_152254075.jpg

I had to replace all of the brake hardware. As I started on the passengers side I found that the new hardware kit was mixed up with the drivers side. I had all of the drivers side parts, except for the self adjuster nut. It was for the passengers side. 

Autozone did not have them in stock.  So I began to try to salvage the adjuster that was on it. After lots of PB Blaster, much wire wheel work, and a heavy dose of grease I got it working. In fact it works better than the new parts did on the other side. 

I wound up taking the drivers side apart about 12 times before I got it right. The only diagram I had was sketchy and the stuff was so rusted that I could barely tell what went were in the picture. 

The passengers side went together much faster.

When that was done Heath and I came inside. 

Steph had a couple of parts we needed so I waited on her to get home. I needed her help in adjusting the brakes too. I didn't have enough hands. 

When she got home we went out. Gunner decided that I wasn't hurting enough so he crashed in to the knee that I dislocated. Had I not been close to the gantry crane I would have been laying on the ground again. 

Once everything was adjusted we quit. 

I am beat and sore. I will probably be in bed early again tonight. 

• olcowhand, MH81, wvbuzzmaster and 4 others have said thanks

#3874 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,767 Thanks
  • 7,703 posts

Posted May 20, 2016 - 07:50 PM

More monsoon weather.

I woke up to rainfall. 

a2qBMmO_700b.jpg

It is still raining. 

I found out that the guy who has the YTV-16 is going to let his son have it. A real shame to destroy something that nice because he can't say no to his kid. 

• olcowhand, MH81, KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#3875 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,508 Thanks
  • 39,733 posts

Posted May 21, 2016 - 05:02 AM

I'm looking at monsoon's for all next week! Might get to see the Sun today!

• UncleWillie said thank you

#3876 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,767 Thanks
  • 7,703 posts

Posted May 21, 2016 - 07:05 PM

Still raining.

After a couple of shots of sleep aid I got a descent nights rest last night. 

I woke up to rain. Not hard, but falling. 

Monsoon.png

At around noon it stopped so I told Graham to head over and we all went outside. 

I did make 2 gallons of aGatorade before I went out.

With Graham pumping the brakes, Steph keeping the master cylinder full, and me working the valves it was no item at all before they were all bled. 

Graham headed home and I grabbed the pressure washer while Steph picked up tools. Once I had blasted all the brake fluid that dribbled when I bled them off I backed it off the trailer. It had no brakes. I played with it some and hoped it would get better. It didn't

So it went back up on the trailer. We took one wheel off at a time and Steph and I rebled them. No difference. 

As luck would have it my brother called about that time. He asked if I had reset the abs computer. Since there was no abs light showing I didn't think of it.

I came in and did some research online. Not only does it computer have to be reset, I have to bleed the ABS system separately. 

Steph came in.

And then it rained. Not a gentle rain, but a deluge. It lasted for about an hour. 

When it stopped we all loaded up in CherryBerry and headed to AutoZone. Since I am a favorite customer the let me bring home a $500 computer to reset it with. I guess they figure since one of the managers can see my house from his it is ok. 

We left there and went to Heffners Supperette and got some food. Heath must have been starving because he inhaled two pieces of chicken. 

Then we went up to Amberly's Discount. One of the jump boxes we got from there didn't work. So we exchanged it. they buy pallet loads of stuff and some of it is non working. I also got a power inverter for $20 and Heath got a remote controlled Corvette for $5. 

Then we went to Wal-mart. Almost as soon as we got in another deluge fell on the store. 

They had a bunch of supplements on sale. I got turmeric, fish oil, and a couple of other things to see if they will help with my arthritis and blood pressure. Steph got a behind the toilet shelf. Heath got an Iron Man bank. Then we snagged 3 pounds of Gummy Bears and headed home. 

We hauled all our purchases in. 

Steph had cleaned out the inside rabbit cages into a 30 gallon trash can and then managed to hurt her shoulder and couldn't lift it. I put it on the back of Christine for her. 

She went to dump it in the garden. Heath had to have his Corvette opened. It had to be charged. He wasn't so excited about that part. 

I tested the jump box and power inverter. They work. 

Heath realized Steph was outside and ran out. In about 30 seconds he was naked and laying face down in a mud puddle splashing around. Oddly enough he will not put his face in water in the tub, but if it is muddy he is all about it. 

When he finally came in I told him he needed a bath and then he could play with his car. 

He forgot about the car during his bath. I took it in the living room and waited for him. When he reached for it I drove it forward. He didn't know what to think. After I showed him how it worked he has been playing with it non stop. I have no idea how long it will hold a charge. 

I am worn out. It is still raining. Hopefully tomorrow we can get out and finish up the Dodge. 

• olcowhand, MH81, coldone and 3 others have said thanks

#3877 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,767 Thanks
  • 7,703 posts

Posted May 22, 2016 - 06:39 PM

For some reason my eyes popped open at 500. 

wake_up_smell_coffee.jpg

I had plenty of time to myself while I waited for it to get time to wake everyone up. 

When I turned Heath loose he ran straight back to Steph and got in bed with her. I had to roust both of them out of bed. 

After they were fed we went out.

I had looked up all kinds of things about the brakes on the Dodge and was fairly confident it could be easily fixed. Until I got to the truck and realized it had none of the parts that the interwebs said it did. I crawled, climbed, shimmied under, and sat inside the truck for a couple of hours trying to find a solution. Nothing seemed to help. 

One of the sites said to take the truck out and perform emergency stops with it to force it to bleed the ABS. I did. It didn't.

About a half mile from the house I slammed on the brakes and heard a familiar jingle. The distinct sound of a tool hitting pavement. As soon as the truck decided to stop I got out and looked all over the road for whatever tool it was. I found nothing. 

I went back home and looked int the tool kit. The 10mm wrench was missing. So I got Steph and Heath. We walked down the road to find it. Gunner came too. He is learning to walk on a leash. 

Steph found the wrench sitting on the road exactly where the truck had been sitting. The wrench followed me up the hill and stopped under the truck. 

Once he hiked back to the house I came in to do some more research. I finally managed to contact a friend who said it has to be put on a computer to make it purge. Tomorrow I will call the shop down the road. 

I came in and sat down. About 30 minutes later Reid came by. He was looking for a mower deck. I had one that may work. I took some pictures of it with his phone so he can go back and compare them with the old one. 

My back is killing me. Tomorrow morning Heath has a dental appointment so I get to go sit in horribly uncomfortable chairs at the dentists office. Horray me. 

• olcowhand, MH81, KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#3878 backwoods OFFLINE  

backwoods
  • Member No: 8613
  • 2,060 Thanks
  • 2,434 posts

Posted May 22, 2016 - 08:52 PM

I've never ran into.those problems on a mopar yet an i changed everything on the front of a friends 05 Dakota. It's good to know though that this could happen next time I work on it.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

#3879 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,767 Thanks
  • 7,703 posts

Posted May 23, 2016 - 05:53 PM

Yep, it was Monday all right. 

At 3am I was still awake. Not sure what time I fell out, but I was awake before Steph's alarm went off at 6. My back was killing me so I didn't get up. I listened as she went out to Christine. I heard her open the hood. Then her toolbox. Then she came inside. I heard the cables on the jump box clank around. Then back outside. The truck started. Then Christine started. Then she came back in. The jump box hit the floor. The door slammed. Then Christine sped off. 

At 830 the alarm I had set to wake me for Heath's dental appointment went off. 

It was then that I remembered that I was supposed to pick up a prescription for Heath. Valium to relax him before he got to the dentist. So I ran in and got him up and told him to get dressed.

cfda2b19651403438a4a90ffc3a7024c.jpg

WhIle coffee was brewing and I was dressing I called the pharmacy. They had it ready. 

At 850 we ran out the door and hopped in CherryBerry. I turned the key. Nothing happened. Dang it. I ran in and grabbed the jump box Steph had used. Nothing. I ran in and grabbed the new one. It worked. I sat both of them on the hood of the Dodge and left like an NHRA dragster. 

There was a lot of wind. The tailgate glass was open. So I stopped, closed it, and roared off again. 

At 920 I was at the drug store.  As I turned in the parking lot I noticed the dome light was on in CB. I turned the knob on the dash. It stayed on. Heath had flipped the switch on the tailgate. After I told the gal at the window what I needed I jumped out and turned it off. 

Once I had his meds I pulled away from the window and gave him one. It took me three tries to get him to keep it in his mouth long enough to to give him a drink and swallow it. 

I made a quick stop at Autozone to drop off the computer I borrowed then hit the back roads for maximum acceleration to the highway. 

I got to his 1000 appointment at 950. Not bad. 

He was starting to get a little loopy before we got there. 

IMG_20160523_100830899.jpg

He went back to the dentist. I sat in an uncomfortable chair and waited. 

After about 30 minutes I went out and got some coffee and called the garage close to the house. He had never heard of the problem I was having either. 

Another 30 minutes went by and a gal came out to get me. I knew things had not gone well because I was the only one who had to go get the child. All the rest were brought out. 

When I started down the hall I could hear an unhappy person. When I turned the corner I am not sure if a cavity was filled, or an exorcism had taken place. 

The dentist was soaked in sweat. The assistant was sitting slouched in a chair, ashen faced. The floor was littered with dental tools, masks, towels, and papers. Heath was sitting in the chair screaming like a banshee. Even drugged Heath was more than two adults could handle. 

The dentist told me that the next visit would have to be an oral surgery and Heath would have to be sedated. He didn't even want to attempt to do it again. 

Heath was ready to leave, his legs - not so much. Although his legs were the only weak part of him. He still fought me trying to carry him till I finally turned his back to my chest and carried him out where he could not push against me. 

After about 20 minutes, a ball, and a sugar free sucker he calmed down enough for me to sign the paper work and head out. 

He wasn't happy.

IMG_20160523_113657630.jpg

We stopped at Arby's and got Jamocca shakes and sandwiches. 

At home he wanted to jump out of the truck and run. His legs still didn't work. It took me a while to get him out of the truck and in the house. 

We sat on the couch and watched waaay more Peppa Pig than any adult should ever have to be subjected to. I was afraid to leave him there by himself because he kept trying to get up. 

After about 2 hours he began to scream again. the pain meds work off. I gave him some kiddie Motrin and settled in for more pig.

When he stopped hurting he stood up on the couch and started to pull his shirt off. As the shirt came over his head his head followed the shirt. I managed to catch him right before he face planted on the floor. 

Steph got home and before I could think he was off the couch and out the door. She carried him in screaming. He bit his tongue. 

I got him calmed down a little, then we had to leave. the Dodge had to go to the shop. 

It was a bit hair raising because the brakes only worked if you tried to bend the brake pedal and then only a little. Down shifting and lots of room were on order. 

With the truck dropped off I got back in CB and headed home. 

Ben was out n his 8n so I stopped to harass him a bit. Then we came on to the house.

Steph unbuckled Heath and he promptly fell on his face in the floor. 

I got him out and carried him in. She left for Walmart. I brought him in and gave him another dose of Motrin. He finally quit hurting.  We watched Curious George in space.

By the time Steph got back from Wal-mart I was completely exhausted.

• olcowhand and KennyP have said thanks

#3880 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,508 Thanks
  • 39,733 posts

Posted May 23, 2016 - 06:00 PM

Apparently the first prescription wasn't much help!

#3881 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,082 posts

Posted May 23, 2016 - 06:08 PM

I feel for heath. I hate the dentist. I'm not afraid of much but that 125lb dentist lady scares me to death!

Hope he is feeling better!

#3882 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,767 Thanks
  • 7,703 posts

Posted May 24, 2016 - 04:54 PM

Rest is a wonderful thing. 

No one got much rest last night. Heath kept waking up and crying. When Steph's alarm went off she was not in the bed. I had to go find her. She was laying in the floor with Heath.  He came back and got in bed with me. I gave him my phone to watch videos on and I went back to sleep. 

2014ab11d099fe0d518ace60eaec5875.jpg

At 1030 I got up. Heath got on the couch and went to sleep. Figures. He slept till about 230.

I sat here at my desk in a daze and decided to get out the free "bonus" knife I got with an order. I have used it once.

13239094_10154313569784739_2825460174256108880_n.jpg

I can see why it was free. 

I started work on it.

I got a call from the dentist office. They were checking on Heath. they had called our insurance and told them there was no way to do the other visits in office. He needed to be sedated and worked on all at once. they are scheduling that. 

The Fed Ex truck pulled in the yard at 230 and I went out. Heath came out with me, buck naked. I didn't even know he was outside, but the FedEx guy was laughing. 

I took him back in. He wasn't happy. SO I got him dressed and we went outside. I sat in my outside chair and he played in the dirt.

At 330 he vanished. I had seen him push his stroller towards th edog pen so I went ot find him. The stroller was laying on its side and Heath was in it almost asleep. I laid on the grass with him a while. We finally got up and he sat on the couch and ate his Peanut butter and honey sandwich.

I sat at my desk and worked on the knife some more. 

Steph came home and I leaned over to look out the window. Next thing I knew I was laying on the floor looking up at the ceiling. My feet were wedged under the desk. I had to lay there till she cam in and released me. 

the knife looks much better. It will make a good toolbox knife now. 

fang.jpg

Now I have to find a chair. 

• olcowhand, MH81 and KennyP have said thanks

#3883 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,319 Thanks
  • 28,636 posts

Posted May 24, 2016 - 05:53 PM

GeezYou for many more times like that and we're all going to have to chip in and get you one of those pendants

"Help I've fallen and I'm wedged under the desk"
  • KennyP, motobreeder and backwoods have said thanks

#3884 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,767 Thanks
  • 7,703 posts

Posted May 24, 2016 - 06:34 PM

GeezYou for many more times like that and we're all going to have to chip in and get you one of those pendants
"Help I've fallen and I'm wedged under the desk"

Lol

I was just glad I didn't stab myself.
  • MH81 said thank you

#3885 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,767 Thanks
  • 7,703 posts

Posted May 25, 2016 - 06:28 PM

Better day today.

This morning Heath was hurting when he woke up. A dose of Motrin and he was better. 

a1a1.jpg

We didn't have a lot to do so we took our time getting going.

I found a desk chair for $15 in Blacksburg SC so we headed down to get it. Took about 30 minutes to get there on back roads. Once I had it Chair Force One returned home. 

a1a1a1a1a1a1a1a1.jpg

We stopped at a truck stop that had a Wendy's and a DQ. We got DQ shakes and Wendy's burgers. Heath approved.

a1a1a1.jpg

I had to look at this ad for a while to figure out what it was for.

a1a1a1a1a1a1.jpg

We got home at about 230 and I carried my chair in. We saw the mail woman coming up the road when we came in so we went to the mailbox and waited for her. Heath's Tonka truck DVD came in. 

With his dvd playing I sat in my new chair. 

Steph got home and I made a decision to do nothing else today so I took off my pants. 

5 minutes later a car pulled in the driveway. I thought ti was Graham bringing his step daughters(Claire) car over, but it wasn't. It was Ben's wife coming ot bring Steph some Irises.

Since I was up and had pants on and I remembered Claire's car needed work I got in CB abd headed across the street. 

Her brake lights were staying on and running the battery dead. It was a simple matter of adjusting the switch - or it would have been if I had hands the size of Heath's. As it was it took me about 30 minutes to get it. 

We talked to them a bit and I brought Graham's broken pocket knife home to work on it. Seems to be the theme this week. 

I took off my pants and settled in to my chair to work on Graham's knife. Someone knocked on the door. So I put my pants back on.

It was Garland wanting a deck shaft for a Craftsman. I had one so he left with it. 

I came back in and took my pants off again ( hey it is cooler with them off and it is getting warm down here in the south). If anyone else comes to the house I am going out in my underwear.

• olcowhand, TheFarm2004, KennyP and 2 others have said thanks