• Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,578 Thanks
  • 29,824 posts

Posted May 12, 2016 - 04:55 PM

Your advertising stuff looks awesome Willie!

• Craig., KennyP, jpackard56 and 1 other said thanks

#3857 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted May 12, 2016 - 04:59 PM

Your advertising stuff looks awesome Willie!

I had to change it since I am slowly getting away from doing so much scrap. My back just wont hold up to it without help. The 2 hats were cheap enough, but not really necessary. VistaPrint does some good deals. 

• Craig. said thank you

#3858 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,388 Thanks
  • 39,654 posts

Posted May 12, 2016 - 05:37 PM

I like your ad's. Save me a card if you can!

#3859 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted May 12, 2016 - 06:22 PM

I like your ad's. Save me a card if you can!

Send me your address

• KennyP said thank you

#3860 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,388 Thanks
  • 39,654 posts

Posted May 12, 2016 - 06:35 PM

But you can't have one of my FF's!

• olcowhand and UncleWillie have said thanks

#3861 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted May 12, 2016 - 07:08 PM

AH HA I have your address. I am dispatching a tractor snatching drone to your location. MUahahahahaha.

If any one else wants one send me an address. 

#3862 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,388 Thanks
  • 39,654 posts

Posted May 12, 2016 - 07:11 PM

I have an anti-drone device already set up!

• jpackard56 said thank you

#3863 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted May 12, 2016 - 07:17 PM

Oddly enough I had a dream last night that a swarm of drones was circling the house. I went out with my shotgun and started blasting. My score was perfect even though I fired about 30000xs without reloading. LOL One of those Hollywood guns. 

• Craig., KennyP and jpackard56 have said thanks

#3864 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted May 12, 2016 - 07:23 PM

Just checked street view. You weren't kidding. 

1280px-Gepard_1a2_overview.jpg

• TheFarm2004, Craig., KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#3865 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,388 Thanks
  • 39,654 posts

Posted May 12, 2016 - 07:25 PM

That's on the street! Won't reveal what's out back!

• TheFarm2004, Craig., jpackard56 and 1 other said thanks

#3866 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted May 13, 2016 - 04:47 PM

Another day off.

Heath woke up with a fever this morning. Gave him some children's Motrin and in a short time he was running around. Steph said he got up several times last night. I was in a pain med induced coma so I knew nothing. 

1469b42d1a5f4c4052243b9d0d8d1c8c.jpg

About all I did today was work on a logo for a race at Steph's school. I finally figured out how to save it as a vector file. Hopefully I got it right. uwjlogo2.png

• Alc, wvbuzzmaster, Craig. and 2 others have said thanks

#3867 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted May 14, 2016 - 08:25 PM

Back in the swing of things.

This morning I was the first one up.

666c7b94ee5c9f8c475df3dddcdd0108.jpg

I let everyone sleep in till 10 then I sounded reveille. 

At 1030 I was outside. 

I had to run down to Dallas to get some parts for the Dodge that had finally come in. 

Once I got back I started working on the front brake line. It wasn't long before I realized I had the wrong fittings. And I mangled the flex line fitting in the process of trying to put it together. 

I knew that Autozone in Cherryville had one, so I headed down.

They had the flex line, but didn't have the right sized hard line. I was sitting in the floor int he back of the store going through all the hard lines when my neighbor, Ben, came walking up. He was going to ask the employee if he knew anyone who could help change his lower ball joints. When he saw me he said I could help him. He is not in great health and I don't mind helping him.

As I was checking out another neighbor, Garland, came in. Seems like our whole street was working on stuff today. 

I went over to NAPA to see if they had a fitting. It took them 30 minutes to go through everything in the store, but they found one. 

On the way home I nearly ran over the district attorney on his riding mower. I didn't see him till I came around a corner and he was there. He didn't know I was there. 

I pulled into Tim's house to ask him about the little General Appliance tractor. When I get paid for this brake job it is mine.

I finally got back home and got the front end together. I used my Hoyer lift and a strap to pick the tire up to put it back on. I called Steph out to help me jack up the rear end. I wasn't about to wrestle with the jack. 

Graham came staggering over as we were lifting up the rear. He is barely walking. 

I had to beat the fool out of the back tire to get it to let go. When I got the drum off all kinds of pieces fell out that I had no idea where they came from.

IMG_20160514_152254075.jpg

I had to come inside to look it up on the computer to find a diagram. 

Graham went home. Steph went back in side and I got to work. 

I got the old brake parts off and then found that the adjusters were completely frozen. I called Autozone. They should have them tomorrow morning. 

SO I turned my attention to the grass that was growing up around things where the tractor cannot reach. 

I grabbed the strong mower and pulled the rope. It wasn't attached to anything. Two of the nuts that hold the recoil starter on had walked off the job without notice. While I was tinkering with that Steph decided she needed some fresh air and exercise and asked if she could use the cordless trimmer we got this week. I told her to go for it. 

Once I had the recoil restrained I could not find the top of the mower. I looked everywhere. Heath strikes again. I asked him what he did with it and he said, "I don't know." So I decided to mow without it. 

Steph was going like gangbusters around the house so I attacked the overgrowth around the parts Suburban. 

About 15 minutes into it Heath walked by with the top to the engine. It still had all 4 screws in it. 

So I stopped to put it on and put on some fresh string. Heath got back in his pool and I got back to mowing. 

After about an hour I was dragging and needed a break. Steph wanted to use the string mower so I let her have at it. 

After I caught my breath I grabbed the cordless Sawzall and started chopping off the little trees that have take root around the house and any limb i couldn't walk under. 

I got the string mower back from Steph and she hopped in Christine and started collecting limbs. 

About 30 minutes later I saw Jared's cousin, Sam, drive by. He had called last night and said he ran off the road and was smelling gas. I told him that if he didn't see any leaks to drive it up here and I would look at it. So he did. 

I didn't find anything wrong with the van and there is no gas odor. I figure he sloshed gas up in the charcoal canister and it was stinking.

He asked what we were doing and I said cleaning stuff up. He asked if he could help. Good kid. He took over the little trimmer and Steph went to Wal-mart to get enough food to feed him too. 

We were mowing around the tractor pile and I took a wrong step and twisted my knee. I went down like a fat kid on ice. the strong mower decided to attempt to mate with a Snapper. I managed to drag myself over to shut it off. Then I popped my kneecap back in place. Dirty words were said. Sam thought I was dying. Fortunately I managed to fall between stuff and not on it. 

The cordless trimmer ran out of batteries. Sam wanted to try to big one. So I turned him loose. He did a good job. 

When we got finished he wanted to drive the Wheel Horse. So I fired it up and showed him how it worked. He took off.

IMG_20160514_180401761_HDR.jpg He got to the bottom of the hill and it died. It would not restart. 

Week before last I noticed that the gas cap was vented in the extreme. It has a hole straight thru it. Last week it rained many times. It won't run so well on water. It got towed back up with CherryBerry.

Then he and I came in and sat down to guzzle Gatorade.

Steph got home and said that Garlands son was up at the corner and needed a jump start. So Sam and I took the jump box and headed up. 

He needed more than a jump. After 20 minuted of trying with the jump box and jumper cables, I hooked his junker up to a strap and towed it to his house. 

When we got back to the house dinner was almost ready. 

We watched a movie and ate. Sam played with a bunny.

IMG_20160514_192409420 (1).jpg

After the movie he left.

I am sitting with a bag of frozen corn on my knee. Fortunately I still have pain meds from Tuesdays ER visit. Tomorrow will be fun. 

• olcowhand, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#3868 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,243 Thanks
  • 28,599 posts

Posted May 15, 2016 - 07:02 AM

Sounds like a productive day in spite of the injury.
  • Craig. said thank you

#3869 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted May 16, 2016 - 05:58 PM

Monday again.

Since I had to take pain meds last night I didn't wake up till noon. Now you know why I don't take it often.

348s.jpg

Heath was ready to eat when he got up. I think Steph gave him a sandwich when she left. 

At 3 I had a doctors appointment. So Heath and I headed that way. 

The doc said my x-rays looked good, but ordered an MRI. Not sure when that will be though. 

Tomorrow I have to get some work done. Knee is bothering me too much right now. 

• olcowhand, wvbuzzmaster, Craig. and 1 other said thanks

#3870 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted May 17, 2016 - 01:28 PM

Nothing got done today.

I woke up before Steph's alarm went off. There was a monsoon in progress. I couldn't go back to sleep.

13227133_10154190819888615_6043669711953

After Steph left she sent me a text that the window on CherryBerry was open. I don't know if she closed it or not.

The monsoon let up a short time ago. 

Heath is in his room taking a truck apart. At least he is being quiet. 

• olcowhand, Craig., KennyP and 1 other said thanks