coldone

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 839
  • 1,631 Thanks
  • 1,668 posts

Posted May 03, 2016 - 07:37 PM

I am glad the wheelhorse is getting used again. Its a good tractor, I just didnt like it. The PK is doing good. I got the wiring sorted out and I have mowed with it a little until one of the deck idlers decided to give up. New one will be here tomorrow. You may want to load the tire on the WH, they dont have anything but air in them.

• MH81 said thank you

#3827 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,734 Thanks
  • 7,695 posts

Posted May 03, 2016 - 08:48 PM

I have no idea if it has a vacuum pump or not, I didn't look that closely. I wasn't all that worried about it. 

I plan to put tubes in the WH and load the tires with my 100 gallons of Methyl Antifreeze. No sense and letting it sit there in drums and do nothing. I am looking for a 3 point for it. I love this beast. 

• MH81, coldone and Craig. have said thanks

#3828 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,734 Thanks
  • 7,695 posts

Posted May 04, 2016 - 08:54 PM

The best laid plans....

I was going to be up early today. I was going to get lots of work done outside. I didn't do either. As a matter of fact I didn't even get to sleep till almost 5am.

13096344_1023463264399243_46193804559661

When I finally did get upright I was hurting. 

As I was creaking and popping trying to get moving I got a call from a guy who had 2 LTs and some other stuff up in Taylorsville. He said he had a working washer and dryer too. So I put everything off for another day here at the house.

I called Steph and told her to meet me for an early dinner and then we would go up to get the stuff.

She got a gift card for Texas Roadhouse so we went there. 

After dinner we went to Northern Tool and I got a tongue jack and a spare tire for the trailer. The old spare is more square than round. 

Steph needed chicken feed so we went to TSC.

While we were there I got a call from the guy saying he was ready for us to come up. So we did. 

The two LTs were junk. I may be able to use the engine off of one. The other is a nice paper weight. The washer and dryer he had were 70s vintage and had been sitting out in the weather for a day or 10000. So we got the two LTs and two broken push mowers and a hand truck with a flat tire. 

We headed home.

Steph was behind me. We turned a corner and about a mile later I noticed she was not back there anymore. It had been hard to see her because of the stuff on the trailer. I turned around. She had pulled into a gas station. Christine had run dry.

When we got close to home she turned off to go to the store. I came on home.

Tomorrow all the parts are supposed to be in for the Yankee Dodge that is rusting apart in my driveway.When it is done the guy will have more in parts than the truck is worth. 

• MH81, wvbuzzmaster, Craig. and 2 others have said thanks

#3829 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,734 Thanks
  • 7,695 posts

Posted May 05, 2016 - 06:04 PM

The tractor Fairy came!

I woke up this morning to more rain. SO I didn't get up.

When I finally turned Heath loose I was walking slow. I am having a sale on arthritis if anyone is interested.

mopwed111.JPG

I cleaned up the living room by pushing, kicking, and sweeping everything into the kitchen out of sight. 

Heath's therapist came at 1230. He actually was in a talking mood today.

When she left we went out.

I installed a new squeeze ball horn on Heath's Cozy Coupe. He loved it. 

Funny thing. We got it last night at TSC. He wanted to ride with Steph after that and took the horn with him. When we stopped to get the tractors she put the horn in my truck. LOL When we stopped at light or a stop sign I could hear it honking.

Then I had to put the new jack on the trailer. That took about an hour. My friend welded the old one on really well. Once I had it ground and chiseled off. I installed the new bolt on jack and then unhooked it from CherryBerry and hooked it up to the Wheel Horse and moved it out of the way.

Then we ran own to Autozone to get rear brake shoes and front u joints for CherryBerry. On the way home last night the brakes were singing a sad song every time I stopped. Gunner got to ride along. He didn't get to go in because as soon as he got out of the truck he decided to misbehave. I didn't feel like chasing him around the store and I didn't have his leash.

We got back home and Heath and I mowed a small spot for me to work on the truck. Then he ran off to honk his horn. 

I got CB up in the air and pulled the rear tire off the passengers side. It turns out that it wasn't the shoes that were bad. There was lots of sand and rust in there. I gave it a good cleaning and installed the new shoes. The old ones looked like someone drove a fair distance with the parking brake on.

The drivers side had a stray piece of metal between the shoe and the drum. I cut a small groove in the drum but it wasn't bad enough to worry about right now. I will get new drums next time. 

Then I stole a u joint bolt off the parts Suburban and installed new u joints on the CBs  front shaft in. I am still not certain that the 4wd is working. I may need to get a Posi Lock for it. 

I started picking up the yard so I could mow. 

Steph got home and changed into work clothes. I took heath inside and gave him my tablet on YouTube. That kept him occupied and out of the way.

Steph took over picking up and I started mowing. 

About 3?4 through the front yard it started to rain. I kept mowing.

Steph got all the hoses up, moved the Wheel Horse and trailer to where I had mowed then went in. It stopped raining.

I ran over a belt that heath had been playing with. I don't know what it was off of, but it stopped the mower dead. SO I got off and untangled that.

I had Steph move the Volvo. She came out. It started to rain. She went back in and it stopped. 

I mowed everything but under the trampoline and then called Steph out. It started to rain. We moved the trampoline, She went back in. It stopped raining. I was starting to see a pattern.

I got the last bit mowed that didn't require me moving projects and called it a day. I moved the Volvo back to its resting spot. If it is moved much more it will need more oil. It is smoking good. 

When I came in the house I found that the tractor fairy had paid me a visit. Reid got my seat mounts done.

IMG_20160505_184422952.jpg

Going around one tree I hit a hole and then got stabbed by a tree branch. It wrenched my back pretty good. Hopefully I can walk tomorrow. I have to get Grady's two yards mowed.

• olcowhand, MH81, coldone and 5 others have said thanks

#3830 coldone OFFLINE  

coldone

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,631 Thanks
  • 1,668 posts

Posted May 05, 2016 - 06:56 PM

Hey, I got the idler pulley put on the PK last night. I went to give it a test mow, just a little strip or so and I ended up mowing the entire yard! Turns out that the head lights work too! :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana:

• MH81, Craig., KennyP and 2 others have said thanks

#3831 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,734 Thanks
  • 7,695 posts

Posted May 05, 2016 - 07:14 PM

Hey, I got the idler pulley put on the PK last night. I went to give it a test mow, just a little strip or so and I ended up mowing the entire yard! Turns out that the head lights work too! :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana:

that is great. Did you fix the electrical problems?

• Craig. and WNYTractorTinkerer have said thanks

#3832 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,734 Thanks
  • 7,695 posts

Posted May 06, 2016 - 06:32 PM

that is great. Did you fix the electrical problems?

Duuh. That should have been HOW did you fix the electrical problems. Was it pretty simple or was there alcohol involved?

• Craig. said thank you

#3833 coldone OFFLINE  

coldone

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,631 Thanks
  • 1,668 posts

Posted May 07, 2016 - 07:24 AM

The ignition switch was wrong and some of the wiring was screwed up. I replace the ignition switch with one for a Battery ignition and I did a little rewiring. It took about an hour to get it all sorted out.

• UncleWillie said thank you

#3834 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,734 Thanks
  • 7,695 posts

Posted May 07, 2016 - 10:40 AM

The ignition switch was wrong and some of the wiring was screwed up. I replace the ignition switch with one for a Battery ignition and I did a little rewiring. It took about an hour to get it all sorted out.

Glad you got it sorted out.

• coldone, Craig. and backwoods have said thanks

#3835 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,734 Thanks
  • 7,695 posts

Posted May 07, 2016 - 07:46 PM

Captivating title here. 

I was going to sleep in today. However, Madame Snorzalot was off work. No sleeping in. I swear it was like laying next to a truck that engaged its jake brake ever few seconds. LOL.

So I got up early.

early.JPG

At 10 I turned on the most annoying videos I could find at a loud volume. It wasn't long before the snoring ceased and grumbling commenced.

Once she was upright, fed, and coherent we had to go outside to get some stuff moved so I could finish mowing with the Falcon.

The trailer was still hooked to the WheelHorse ( I will find a name for it yet) and when Steph parked it she let the lift down and would it would not pick it back up. We had to get the floor jack over to get it up high enough to use the trailer jack.

Then the two LTs that were on the trailer had to come off. The first one was easy, I backed the hitch ball up under the back of it and lifted it up and pulled it right out with the WH. The other one was on sideways and required using the Hoyer lift to get it turned. It took some finesse, but we got it. 

The hitch ball was too tall to stick under a couple of other tractors that needed moving. I improvised and created the tractor sticker. It is a stray pin that was in the magic bolt box.

IMG_20160507_133512746.jpg

There are lots of mowers, tillers, and other misc things that have accumulated where they should not be. We had to move all of them so I could mow under them. 

Once everything was moved back to where it belonged I pulled the trailer around front with the WH. I simply dropped the lift and set it down. I forgot the trailer jack had a wheel. I had to turn around real quick and drive the tractor in to the side of the trailer to keep it from smashing into vehicles. OOPS

Once the trailer was firmly attached to CB the WH was parked. The Falcon got loaded up so I could go mow Grady's shop.

Heath was having a ball.

IMG_20160507_133649953.jpg

As I was about to leave I got a call from my friend, Tim, asking if I had his engine stand. I did. So it got loaded up and I stopped at his house on the way out.

He had this mystery tractor

IMG_20160507_135408527.jpg

I will post more pics in the Whatzit section.

I got Grady's shop mowed then headed over to his house. he didn't tell me his son was staying with him and had already mowed it. No big deal. He gave me a bunch of sandpaper and I came home.

As soon as I got CB parked in the back yard I heard a horn in the driveway. Graham had arrived. He had all the parts we need to fix the rusty Dodge this week. I will be glad to see it leave.

Steph and I put in some time putting the tiller back together. The new belts I got are the exact same size as the old ones but they are much tighter. SO tight in fact that the tines don't disengage. May have to go with one inch longer. I will run these a while and see how it goes. 

While we were assembling it Garland and his son came by to borrow a gear puller. He gave me $11 to borrow it. LOL Uncle Willies Tool Rental. 

We got this far and called it a day.

IMG_20160507_193034130.jpg

It still needs some fittings for the fuel filter - the starter is in the way. I also need to figure out where I want to put a battery and a switch. I did start and run on carb cleaner though.

After all the tools were picked up I was done. Tomorrow we are going to TSC for some parts then hopefully get a couple of tractors running and listed for sale. 

• olcowhand, MH81, Craig. and 3 others have said thanks

#3836 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,250 Thanks
  • 28,602 posts

Posted May 07, 2016 - 07:54 PM

cafe.gif

UW, 

Your Coffee Drinking Emoticon is gone again

Here is the best I could come up with quick

I edited your siggy

Let me know if you find a better one

• Craig. and Delmar have said thanks

#3837 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,734 Thanks
  • 7,695 posts

Posted May 07, 2016 - 08:15 PM

attachicon.gifcafe.gif

UW, 

I edited your siggy

That dude keeps wandering off. Let's see if the new guy hangs around a while. 

• MH81 and Craig. have said thanks

#3838 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,734 Thanks
  • 7,695 posts

Posted May 07, 2016 - 08:35 PM

attachicon.gifcafe.gif

UW, 

I edited your siggy

I found him again. You think you can make him stay. He must have a small bladder because he keeps disappearing. 

http://www.millan.ne...lotsocoffee.gif

• Craig. and backwoods have said thanks

#3839 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,734 Thanks
  • 7,695 posts

Posted May 08, 2016 - 08:49 PM

Saw something new to me today.

I was awakened this morning by the guy returning my tools. I didn't get up. He left them on the porch. Steph went and released Heath and we laid in bed and did nothing for a while. 

Free-Mothers-Day-Coffee-Gift-Tag.jpg

We finally all got moving, got dressed, and left. 

We needed parts for the tiller so we went to TSC. Steph dropped me off there and went to Bi-lo.

After I looked for what I needed and found part of it I walked across the shopping center. She was headed back as I got bout halfway there. 

We went over to Lowe's to try and find the fittings I needed for the gas tank on the tiller. 

We found the fittings then Steph wanted to look around. She got some flowers. I got a Dremel to replace my ancient one. 

Then we headed over to Waffle House.

When we were all sated we proceeded home.

We called my mom and had a good talk with her. Heath was having fun standing on my shoulders and hooting like a monkey. My mother found it hilarious.

I was going to tinker with the tiller by myself, but she wanted to help ( it is her tiller after all) so she did. 

We got the sediment bowl in stalled.

IMG_20160508_153929703.jpg

It just clears the starter. 

IMG_20160508_154749114.jpg

We tried to start it and got it to run with fuel poured in the carb. It would not pick up on its own. 

It backfired and then would not start again. Then it made a terrible grinding noise. The recoil had come loose. I know I had tightened it. 

When I pulled the cover off the flywheel was loose too. It sheered the key. In all my years of using lawn equipment I have never sheered a key. Fortunately I had one. 

We got it to run on the bottle again, but it won't run on its own. Carbs needs help.

Since I had a spare carb, and I have never had an updraft apart I decided it might be wise to look inside. Turns out there ain't much there. I have no fears I can get the good one apart and working again. 

When I stood up my back spasmed. I I managed to get back inside while Steph picked up the tools. 

When she was finished she brought the new Dremel in and we looked at the stuff that came with it. Heath was impressed. 

I began to look up a rebuild kit for the carb and I found this one. Anyone know how it works?

Image is slightly NSFW so here is a link

http://www.amazon.co...3/dp/B00QN2XCIQ

Edited by UncleWillie, May 08, 2016 - 08:54 PM.

• KennyP and jpackard56 have said thanks

#3840 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,734 Thanks
  • 7,695 posts

Posted May 09, 2016 - 05:38 PM

Ouch.

I was awake before Steph woke up. I was hurting and didn't want to  move though. I spent lots of time doing some exercises to try to limber my back up before I attempted to stand upright.

Once Heath had his leftover waffle from WaffleHouse I put a video on for him. The DVD player had died in the night but fortunately the VCR part still worked. I put 101 Dalmatians in. He loved it.

I made

944b3964e14b3f8b06d767dfa5d8fc94.jpg

I sat on my massaging cushion for a while.

The scene in the where all the dogs howl in the movie was a riot. Heath howled along with them.

speech therapist came at 1. Heath was still acting like a dog.

She left and I begrudgingly put on work clothes and got ready to go outside.

At about 2 o'clock Graham hobbled over. Between the pinched nerve in his hip, my spasming back, and Heath bouncing around like a squirrel on crack we made quite the pit crew. 

We got started on the rusty Yankee truck. It was worse then I expected. It took about 15 minutes to beat each rotor off. They were rusted to the hub. 

It took a while to figure out the weird clips that hold the brake pads on. Once I figured it out it was was though. 

When we got to working on the passengers side of the truck  I saw Gunner run past us with a brown dog behind him. They went by so fast I didn't get a good look at the second dog. Then it dawned on me it was Carmel. She had gotten out of the dog pen. When I got to where I could see the pen, Diesels head was sticking through a hole in the gate. So we had to stop and repair that. Fortunately, instead of Carmel doing her usual disappearing act she stayed in the yard. The stupid neighbor was out in his driveway staring at her running around. He is just waiting for an opportunity to shoot her. 

The brake line one the passengers side didn't come loose like it should and it sheared off. I will have to make a parts run tomorrow to fix that. 

Once the front was done we stopped. The brake hardware kit for the rear has not come in yet. As long as the wheel cylinders come off without breaking anything it will be done tomorrow and can finally leave my yard. I am tired of looking at it. I am almost afraid it will decompose to its base elements before it goes back to the guy.

Graham went home, Heath and I came in. We both had a big glass of Gatorade and relaxed a while. He watched a Tonka truck video.

Steph got home and started dinner. 

As I was typing this I heard a crash and Heath started screaming. He had climbed up on the upright freezer to sit and watch Steph cook like he always does. Although this time he managed to open the door while he was sitting on it. She said he made a nice 4 point landing. It hurt his pride and nothing else. A couple of chocolate chips and all was right. 

• olcowhand, MH81, KennyP and 1 other said thanks