UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted April 26, 2016 - 02:39 PM

All the waking and working the past few days has caught up to me. So today Heath and I watched lots of airplane videos and rested. Tomorrow is another day.

12809596_985396814872555_310381342025864

• Craig., jpackard56, WNYTractorTinkerer and 1 other said thanks

#3812 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted April 27, 2016 - 06:30 PM

Another beautiful NC day.

I actually got some sleep last night. 

12670392_985397118205858_282995448480149

Heath played with his trains for a while, I tried to straighten out my back.

When we were both ready we headed outside. 

I pulled the tins off the electric start engine

IMG_20160427_142233036.jpg

IMG_20160427_142224245.jpg

Then it got cleaned up and de-greased. Purged of many years of gunk it looked fairly descent. Still not good enough to toss on the repainted tiller though.

So After a good pressure washing and blowing it off with compressed air, Heath and I left to run some errands. I figured the sun would do a good job of drying everything else. 

I found that  the gas tank was full of gunk. I decided to use the old tank rather than clean this one. 

We ran to the pharmacy, Walmart, and TSC. I got a belt for the bush hog at TSC that I thought would work. They didn't have the belts for the tiller. They were a 3/8 belt. So we went across the road to NAPA. He had one. He ordered the other. 

As we were headed home Steph sent a text asking where we were. She beat us home. 

At the house I wanted to make sure the clutch system off the tiller would mount on the electric start. As it turned out there is no way to attach the clutch lever to the new engine. And the shaft on the old engine is longer. SOOOOOO. I pulled the electric start parts off the new engine. In the process I broke a tooth off the flywheel. I looked at every other engine I have and none of them have the right flywheel. 

I put it together anyway just so I could get it all mocked up and put on the tiller. I will hunt down the right one soon. 

One of the gas tank bolts was broken off in my old block so I had to drill and tap it. 

Once I knew I had to use my old engine it had to be degreased and degunked. It was pretty thick on there. 

I left it to dry overnight.

I got it cleaned and then I went a head and painted the tins and gas tank.

I didn't take many pics because when I get started i forget to take them. 

Edited by UncleWillie, April 27, 2016 - 06:34 PM.

• MH81, wvbuzzmaster, Craig. and 2 others have said thanks

#3813 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,311 Thanks
  • 28,632 posts

Posted April 27, 2016 - 09:57 PM

What are the numbers on the engine?
  • Craig. said thank you

#3814 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted April 28, 2016 - 11:09 AM

What are the numbers on the engine?

Off the top of my head there was a big 8 on the gas tank. LOL. I think I may be able to change the gear ring with another one. I have an engine that has an almost identical flywheel, but it is much thicker. I will pull it off and see if it is the same ring. If it is I will swap them over.

• Craig. said thank you

#3815 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,311 Thanks
  • 28,632 posts

Posted April 28, 2016 - 11:21 AM

Off the top of my head there was a big 8 on the gas tank. LOL. I think I may be able to change the gear ring with another one. I have an engine that has an almost identical flywheel, but it is much thicker. I will pull it off and see if it is the same ring. If it is I will swap them over.

Please do photos and a write up on that
  • Craig. said thank you

#3816 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted April 28, 2016 - 09:36 PM

Please do photos and a write up on that

http://gardentractor...ng-a-ring-gear/

• MH81 and KennyP have said thanks

#3817 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted April 28, 2016 - 09:59 PM

Another beautiful day - and a full one too. 

Today started like any other Coffee for me - oatmeal for Heath today.

zqr88x75om7wlw2u1gd8_400x400.jpeg

GThen we waited for Heath's teacher. He didn't have anything to say to her today.

She left and we went outside.

I swapped the ring gears over from one flywheel to the other one, http://gardentractor...ng-a-ring-gear/ in case you missed it above.

When we made our first hardware store run I also went to TSC to exchange the 43 in ch belt for a 46 inch. And gto NAPA to pick up the tiller belt

When Heath and I were making our second trip to the hardware store, Steph got home.

She came out to help me finish up the flywheel install. 

I got out the belt that I swapped at TSC. I did not get a 46 inch - I got a 56 inch. Needless to say it was too long. 

Then we fired up the Wheel Horse and pulled the bush hog over to where the pressure washer would reach it. I am going to paint it so I blasted off many years of dirt.

Since FedEx delivered my parts we put the Falcon back together. 

IMG_20160428_173428534.jpg

Old parts were a bit worn

IMG_20160428_173440256.jpg

IMG_20160428_173442361.jpg

Heath found stuff to climb on.

IMG_20160428_174912947.jpg

Then Steph carried the pressure washer over to the rabbit pens. One pen had an abundance of poop stuck on it so that got blasted off.

After depoopifying things Steph fed the rabbits while I fired up the string mower and cut the dog pen. I found a couple of fresh piles.

Uncle Willie's rule #6 - Always keep your mouth shut when mowing the dog pen - yech!

Then I pressure washed the mower and my boots. I refrained from pressure washing my mouth.

I shot some paint on teh engine and the starter motor.

IMG_20160428_185013798.jpg

IMG_20160428_185019980.jpg

IMG_20160428_185039912.jpg

Before I came in the Falcon had to come off the stand. It wouldn't start, however. Steph found a loose ground wire. Easy enough fix. Then she fired up and backed right off the stand under her own power. 

It is amazing how it steers now. the tires actually move when you turn the wheel. What a novel concept.

I came in thinking I was done for the day.

About 8:00 I got a call from my friend, Ben. He needed help getting an AC unit into his attic. I told him to give us 30 minutes.

We got it upstairs. I managed to pull his shoe off in the process LOL. Then he showed Steph all his antique stuff while Heath and Calvin ran around like madmen.

I looked at Bens tractor to see if Reid's new alternator would go on it. It has one of Reid's old brackets on it so it is a candidate for testing. 

I finally managed to wrangle Heath and Steph back into CherryBerry and we made the drive home. 

I attempted to make a video of the flywheel repair, but none of the computers like my phone so I can't edit it and it needs to be edited. So whenever I get a new computer I will do that. 

Now I am off to shower and fall in bed. 

• olcowhand, MH81, wvbuzzmaster and 5 others have said thanks

#3818 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted April 29, 2016 - 07:07 PM

Unhappy back today

8444029335_8b2774302a_z.jpg

• wvbuzzmaster, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#3819 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,311 Thanks
  • 28,632 posts

Posted April 29, 2016 - 10:43 PM

Unhappy back today

8444029335_8b2774302a_z.jpg

We will blame it on the AC up the stairs from yesterday.
  • olcowhand and Alc have said thanks

#3820 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted April 29, 2016 - 11:36 PM

We will blame it on the AC up the stairs from yesterday.

It is my upper back. Too much bending to work on stuff.
  • olcowhand, MH81 and Craig. have said thanks

#3821 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted April 30, 2016 - 07:38 PM

Put some miles under me today.

I didn't get to sleep till early thing morning. I got up around 1030 and started trying to align my spine.

coffee.jpg

Then I left. 

I had to go to Greenville SC to get a tractor. It wasn't really worth driving that far for, but I needed some time to myself. I also had a Sonoma grill to sell to a guy in Spartanburg, and a set of tools to pick up in Indian Land. 

I stopped for gas just inside SC. Inside the gas station a guy asked me if I was in the NFL draft LOL.

When I was getting back on the interstate the trip almost ended. A gal came up the off ramp and never even stopped. If I had not been paying attention she would have bought CherryBerry. I tried to save the dashcam video and pushed the wrong button and deleted it. Oops. 

As I got south of Spartanburg there was construction traffic in the north bound lane. Traffic was backed up for 8 miles. I decided to take an alternate route back. 

I got to the house at 2 and met a tiny little guy. Fitst thing he asked was if I played football. We loaded up the little Craftsman. The hydro release pin was missing so it didn't want to roll. The boat winch on the trailer didn't want to pull. Fortunately the guy had a hand truck that we picked up the back end and got it on the trailer. I made a mental note to pull the strap off the winch and find out what was wrong. 

IMG_20160430_191556045.jpg

Then I went to a nearby Walmart and got a 64gb memory card for the camera. When I got back to the truck I stuck it in and it wouldn't read it. Too big. I figured it would work in my tablet so I headed off to Indian Land. 

I completely for got the guy who wanted the grill.

I took back roads all the way to Indian Land. It took longer than the interstate would have if there had not been a traffic delay. 

I met up with the guy at Lowe's and bought some Briggs repair tools. 

IMG_20160430_192113062.jpg

Note Heath's hand in the box. He thought they made great toys.

Then I headed home. 

I got home and barely got the truck stopped before Heath was up on the tractor. 

The Wheel Horse did a handy job of dragging the little tractor off the trailer. 

I looked at the winch and found that the strap was no longer attached. So I fixed that. 

Then we all came in. And it started pouring rain.

About 3 weeks ago OldBuzzard gave me his phone number, and I forgot to call him. So I gave him a ring. We had a good talk. He sounds as ornery as ever.

Steph went outside to rescue her baby rabbits from drowning. She started a rabbit colony and one of the mommas dug a burrow and had a litter(?). fortunately they were all dry. She transferred them to a little dog house and gave them some bedding. 

I am worn out. Back is still hurting. It was good to be by myself for a while though. 

• olcowhand, MH81, wvbuzzmaster and 4 others have said thanks

#3822 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted May 02, 2016 - 02:17 PM

Some days....

Yesterday I was laid up with a terrible pain right between my shoulder blades. We tried every thing. Steph walked on my back, Heath jumped on me. I did all kinds of exercises. I laid with a soccer ball under my shoulder blades.

I was watching a 3 point hitch for the D160 on Ebay. At the last moment I put in a higher bid and my  internet froze. I was not a happy camper.

So I looked around on ebay and found a complete trans asle and pump for the FF for $175. The ad says it is in Mooresville NC. Well woohoo I sent the guy an email. Down in the ad it says it is in Muncie, IN. Dangit. 

http://www.ebay.com/...9UAAOSwiYFXIgE1

ebaydud.JPG

disappointed_2_coffee_mug-re0904fd1ffe74

So this morning I woke up and was still in pain. Steph had already left for school and Heath was not up. I had to have some relief so I tried something that was either going to cure me or kill me. I laid on my back and kicked my feet up toward the ceiling and tried to curl my legs over my head. 

I am too fat and inflexible to successfully accomplish that, but I did get a very satisfying crack from my spine. It felt better. Not painless, but better. 

So I sat here and watched it rain all day. I mean ALL day. It just let up. I might wade out to the mailbox in a bit.

I updated all my Craigslist ads and addes a new picture to all of them.

aaadpic.JPG

Yes I know my phone number is on there. It was on the side of a truck for years and is on business cards all over the place. 

I have a guy who wants to buy the Gravley today so we will see if he actually shows up. 

• MH81, Craig., KennyP and 2 others have said thanks

#3823 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,311 Thanks
  • 28,632 posts

Posted May 02, 2016 - 04:36 PM

Glad you got some relief.
When I get that way, I put my back against the door jam, my hands on my knees and kinda relax and arch.
Lots of times it sounds like popcorn.
Ahhhhh

#3824 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted May 03, 2016 - 06:19 PM

Hummmm...

More rain today.

tsunami+coffee_by+jangojim_1100.png

Today I was supposed to take a friend to the court house to take care of a ticket that he failed to appear on. All he has to do is pay a fine. He never showed up.

After waiting for him I told him I had to leave. He was on his own till tomorrow. 

Heath and I left to pick up a tractor. 

On the way I was hungry so I knew Heath was. I stopped at a gas station and got us drinks and the cheese and beef snacks. When we left I noticed he took one bite then drank about half his orange Sunkist. When I took bite of mine it was a bit spicy. It was Jalepeno. So I stopped at the next gas station and got him something a little milder. 

It started raining on the way there. Fortunately, I drove out of it. 

After the GPS took me down one mud bog into a field the seller called. They said GPS wouldn't find it. Nice to know after I drove up there. With some guidance I found the house. Another mud bog. 

I have no idea if the seller was male for female. I was very careful with my genders while I was there. 

With the tractor loaded I turned around to leave. It took some doing to get rearranged. Since the front drive shaft is not connected (Heath ate one of the bolts) and I haven't thought about it. I only had one wheel drive. After a couple of mud showers I got free and was on my way. 

We went to a discount store and looked around. There was nothing there. Then we went to Ace to get a couple things. 

The owner of the store was pushing Heath around on a hand truck.

At home I pulled the back off the Craftsman I got Saturday and tried to figure out how to disengage the axle to push it. I couldn't figure it out. 

The Wheel Horse provided motion to the Craftsman and I got it to where I could clean it off. The rear end was caked in mud. I thought cleaning it up may expose something. 

I also cleaned off the Lowe's tractor I picked up today. I for got to take pictures. It is the only tractor I have ever blasted earthworms out of. It was a bit dirty.

Once things were de-gunked I pulled the Craftsman over to a dry spot I still couldn't figure out how to release it. 

I decided to try to start it. Steph came out and gave me a hand for a minute. I drained a full crankcase of gasoline and took out the plug and cranked it over. It blew out gas. Good thing I wasn't enjoying a cigar!

With clean oil and fresh gas it started right up. Steph stood on the left and worked the brake. I worked the transmission from the right. It drove up on the stand.

I left it idling and drug the pressure washer over. With the tractor up in the air I blasted it off good.

It sat and ran for about 30 minutes. Then died. I knew it couldn't have used all the gas that was in it. 

Heath decided to pee on the trampoline so I washed that off.

Our neighbor, Wanda, came over to bring us some cake. 

While she and Steph talked I drained the oil out of the Craftsman. About 2 teaspoons of gas came out. Not good. there is no gas in the tank and no oil on the dipstick. It did not smoke though and there is no oil under it. I will have to figure that out. 

Wanda left and then we dragged the Lowe's off the trailer. It has no steering. The ball joint is broken. 

It is threatening to pour again.

• olcowhand, MH81, KennyP and 2 others have said thanks

#3825 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,311 Thanks
  • 28,632 posts