• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,775 Thanks
  • 7,705 posts

Posted April 04, 2016 - 07:56 PM

In keeping with the caveman theme.

uu6gp6h72hu326imkh0j.jpeg

After a day of sitting here and resting my aches an pains, I went out when Steph got home. 

We unloaded CherryBerry then carried the tool box over.

IMG_20160404_175904752_HDR.jpg

IMG_20160404_175851860_HDR.jpg

Then I realized I screwed up more than I thought. 

IMG_20160404_175716755.jpg

When I have built these for suburbans I didn't have a wheel well to take into account. On the S10 Blazer I do. Oh well. Steph declared it would be a great rabbit hutch with a couple of little modifications. 

Tomorrow I have to go mow Gradys yards (home and shop) then Heath and I will get two more sheets of plywood so I can try again. 

• olcowhand, Craig., KennyP and 3 others have said thanks

#3767 camdigger ONLINE  

camdigger
  • Member No: 70250
  • 678 Thanks
  • 234 posts

Posted April 04, 2016 - 08:08 PM

Then I realized I screwed up more than I thought. 

........ I will get two more sheets of plywood so I can try again.

Now you can start over with the right thicknesses of plywood armed with the R&D work done on the Mark 1
  • UncleWillie said thank you

#3768 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,775 Thanks
  • 7,705 posts

Posted April 04, 2016 - 09:16 PM

Now you can start over with the right thicknesses of plywood armed with the R&D work done on the Mark 1

That is my thought. I built it going by the guidelines in your signature LOL

• TheFarm2004, Craig., KennyP and 2 others have said thanks

#3769 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,775 Thanks
  • 7,705 posts

Posted April 05, 2016 - 05:27 PM

I have almost been bounced crosseyed.

At 3am Robert Mitchum and Maralyn Monroe got down a river together. I went to sleep. Stephs alarm went off at 6am. I woke up. Couldn't go back to sleep.

owl_coffee_by_darkdragonqueen3000-d6ih4x

SO I let Heath sleep and I watched Steve Mcqueen bring in people dead or alive. 

Heath finally got up. He got a PB&J and watched Speed Racer.

I was so tired I couldn't see straight. At 11 I set a timer for 30 minutes and got still and closed my eyes. I didn't go to sleep, but it was enough rest to get me moving a bit. 

We went out and loaded up the Falcon on the trailer and hauled if off to Grady's shop. 

I left Heath in CherryBerry with my phone and I got to mowing. I made one lap and the belt finally had enough. I was hoping to get the shop mowed with it. 

I called the closest parts house and they had a belt. We ran down to get it. 

When I put the new belt on I had to take my watch off to get my arm in to the transmission pulley. I sat it on the tractors fender. 

I made one lap with the new belt and heard a metallic crunch. I looked over to see my watch scattered across the yard. It is in surprisingly good shape. The band took most of the hit. 

IMG_20160405_145556642.jpg

I stuck it in my pocket and carried on. 

IMG_20160405_145857759.jpg

When I got finished I told Heath he could get out. He had to check out the belt on the tractor. Making sure I did it right I suppose. 

We took a break sitting on the tailgate of CB then I loaded up the tractor and headed over to Grady's house. 

Grady and Mary were home so I sent Heath in side with them and I got to mowing. I had Sent Steph a text to come get him when she got done with school. 

As I was halfway done with the back yard the Kholer made its familiar chugging noise. I shut off the blades, pulled the choke a tiny bit, and got back to the gas can before it sucked up the last of the fumes. 

Steph showed up while I was gassing up.

Grady left for work just as I was finishing. 

Steph left for the store and Heath and I headed home.

I have a fake Rolex band that fit the old Casio. As I was installing the Fauxlex i managed to shoot one of the ends off a band pin across the room. No luck finding a replacement here at the house. I will try to find one somewhere tomorrow. 

Edited by UncleWillie, April 05, 2016 - 05:45 PM.

• olcowhand, MH81, wvbuzzmaster and 3 others have said thanks

#3770 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,775 Thanks
  • 7,705 posts

Posted April 06, 2016 - 10:21 PM

After getting only 3 hours of sleep the night before I was in bed at 830 last night. I woke up at 9am and had no clue what was going on.

My back was feeling bouncing around on the Falcon all day.

my_achy_back_mug.jpg?height=225&width=22

I didn't do anything much. 

garland came by and told me that when he borrowed my tow dolly they had a flat. They are buying a tire. He also had a push mower on the back of his truck. He wanted me to look at it so I wandered over in my Batman PJ pants. His son had used the mower last and ran it with no oil. It had a hole the size of my fist in it. He wanted to know if he could swap it with any other engine. Then he asked if I had one. I didn't. I did loan him the string mower to cut with. Then I went back in. 

Heath got out the Nerf gun and shot me twice in a row exactly in my left ear. I swear the kid is a sniper. Maybe next time a rabbit gets loose I will give him the gun. 

When Steph came home we had to go to Spartanburg to the shoe store to get my brother, who lives in TN, a pair of work boots. He climbs towers and needed a pair with a steel shank. He couldn't afford a $300 pair of boots. 

We stopped at HF on the way down and got a tarp and some pry bars. 

At the shoe store we had no idea which boots were steel shanked. They are not in boxes. The gal who was working didn't know either. After some thought I downloaded a metal detector app on my phone. When I found a pair that set the detector off I looked the model number up online. I finally got him a nice pair. It took a while though. $45.

Then we grabbed some food and headed home. 

Tomorrow I have to find a box and send his boots to him. 

• larrybl, MH81, wvbuzzmaster and 1 other said thanks

#3771 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,775 Thanks
  • 7,705 posts

Posted April 07, 2016 - 07:31 PM

Ok, Mother Nature needs to see a therapist.

Last night it poured rain. Then it frosted. the drier also dropped dead. 

I woke up with my knees screaming for relief.

50014f32224551a26c6b6238bd977d48.jpg

I pulled the back off the drier and found a loose wire. I hooked it up and it still didn't work. After pushing the on button a couple of times I was rewarded with sparks. I stopped.

Heath had is lesson. I did nothing but call about driers. I think I found one. 

Steph got home and we  put new rope on the clothes line.  Then we put the metal boxes back in CherryBerry. The wooden box will have to wait. 

We had to repair the appliance hand truck before we could use it. The cotter pin for a wheel sheared off in the axle. I had to do a bit of grinding to knock the burr off the top.  I told Steph to bring me a hammer and a punch. She brought me a monster framing hammer. I managed to mangle my finger. I asked her for a ball peen. She brought one that was bigger than the Framing hammer. I told her to get me a smaller one and she brought me three different ones. I used the smallest. With one I could actually control I actually got the pin out. With a new pin in stalled I rolled it around front. 

The BlueOx was kind of in the way so CB gave it a tug. Then Steph hooked up the trailer and I backed it up to the porch.  With the hand truck it was a breeze to get the drier out. 

When that was done I staggered back to my chair. 

Edited by UncleWillie, April 07, 2016 - 07:33 PM.

• olcowhand, MH81, wvbuzzmaster and 3 others have said thanks

#3772 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,335 Thanks
  • 28,642 posts

Posted April 07, 2016 - 09:53 PM

Are you going to troubleshoot any more on the dryer?

#3773 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,775 Thanks
  • 7,705 posts

Posted April 08, 2016 - 08:34 AM

Are you going to troubleshoot any more on the dryer?

I found another one cheap enough. This one has too much electronic crap for my liking. After the last head injury I am not comfortable messing with things that spark.

Edited by UncleWillie, April 08, 2016 - 08:35 AM.

• MH81, wvbuzzmaster, Craig. and 1 other said thanks

#3774 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,775 Thanks
  • 7,705 posts

Posted April 10, 2016 - 03:19 PM

coffee2.jpg

Yesterday we all three overslept. But it was Saturday.

Once we were dressed we loaded up in CherryBerry and headed off to Charlotte. 

On the drive up I had to dodge more idiots than I think I ever have in one drive. You would think my truck was not bright red or something. I thought for sure we were going to sell the truck to someone. 

We made our way to the Charlotte Motor Speedway and met with my friend Annie. She had her Suburban in the AACA show. 

We would have stayed longer and took lots of pictures, but the wind was incredible up there. Here at home it was warm and calm and we dressed accordingly. In Charlotte the wind was 4000000000 mph and it was cold. The big tents they had set up were flapping all over. 

Annie gave me her passes to get in Sunday for free. I told her with my back being messed up from manhandling the transmission I might not make it. She lives in Raleigh so she wasn't using them anyhow. 

We stopped at Lowe's on the way home to get a steering wheel knob. My arthritic hands were fighting for grip when I mowed Grady's yard. 

Then we went to Ingle's to get a couple of things and then came home.

We called the guy who was delivering the dryer when we got close. 

I cam in and sat down. Steph went out to feed animals. 

The guy showed up about an hour later. We got the dryer put in and I went back to sit down. 

Jared was trying to replace the O2 sensor on his Firebird. He wasn't having much luck. so I tried to give him some help through some text messages. He didn't get it off. I told him to hose it with PB Blaster and let it sit. 

I was looking for something on HF's website and found they had coupons for a free tarp and a free flashlight. I attempted to print them out. The printer kept saying it was out of paper. 

The last printer I had let you open the whole top and look inside. This one does not. After playing with it a while I turned it upside down. It has a little door in the bottom for tractor feed paper. In that door I found a Nerf dart. Thanks Heath. Once that was out it worked perfect. 

We went to bed late.

This morning I woke everyone up with Pavarotti singing Nessum Dorma

After we all had breakfast and goofed off some we loaded up and went down to HF. Heath got a flashlight so he was happy. Steph got some vacuum bags. I got a big tarp to put back on the tent building frame. 

We got home and started cleaning up some stuff out back. 

Steph's friend, Anna, came over for me to blast the rubber particles from her broken AC belt off her engine. 

After she left I pressure washed a rat cage and the Falcon. 

Once the Falcon was dry I got out the spray adhesive and glued the foot pad back on it. I nearly killed myself slipping last week.

Once everything was picked up I came in. My back is not all that happy. 

Steph cam in and said there is a small deer dead in the field on the idiot neighbors side. It si bloated and covered in flies. Not sure what I am going to do about it yet.

• olcowhand, wvbuzzmaster, Craig. and 2 others have said thanks

#3775 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,775 Thanks
  • 7,705 posts

Posted April 10, 2016 - 03:50 PM

Annie posted her pics. She had a real camera and everything. 

https://plus.google....893943540492580

• olcowhand, wvbuzzmaster, Craig. and 4 others have said thanks

#3776 CRFarnsworth ONLINE  

CRFarnsworth

• Contributor
  • Member No: 6275
  • 3,656 Thanks
  • 1,740 posts

Posted April 10, 2016 - 05:37 PM

Tell Annie , THANK YOU.  Loved the pics. 

The wife wants the 59 Ford retractable hardtop.

I want the 61 Chevy convertible.      Rick        

#3777 adamjd200 OFFLINE  

adamjd200
  • Member No: 39654
  • 1,410 Thanks
  • 1,545 posts

Posted April 10, 2016 - 10:04 PM

I liked the red mid '80s F-series ford, mainly because I grew up riding in my dad's '84, that sadly was scrapped a few years ago (too bad to restore or I would have kept it).

#3778 jpackard56 OFFLINE  

jpackard56

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7225
  • 1,768 Thanks
  • 1,407 posts

Posted April 11, 2016 - 11:17 AM

Annie posted her pics. She had a real camera and everything. 

https://plus.google....893943540492580

Just AWESOME !!

Gotta ad here too, I just love seeing Heath involved in everything you guys do.( so he buggered up the printer, in the big scheme of things, so what, you'll had fun as a family with those things) He is learning some great lessons about fixing, becoming self-reliant, and NEVER giving up ! All things we as parents seem to need to fight to accomplish in "today's nanny state society" I know we are right in passing on these skills to our kids, but so many want to label us as the weird ones. You go man, especially when you hurt, that speaks volumes to Heaths young mind  :worshippy1:

• TheFarm2004, MH81 and oldedeeres have said thanks

#3779 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,775 Thanks
  • 7,705 posts

Posted April 11, 2016 - 11:27 AM

We have had a ball with the nerf guns. Probably the best bang (pun kind of intended) for the buck we have spent in a long time. At least the printer was an easy fix. I have now taken the paper out and closed the feed tray in between uses.

Heath is at the moment disassembling the kitchen. His mom will be so happy when she gets home LOL. Kid loves the pots and pans. 

• MH81, wvbuzzmaster and KennyP have said thanks

#3780 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,775 Thanks
  • 7,705 posts

Posted April 11, 2016 - 05:56 PM

f0b64dbadd4a53e30d7602d3a6576bb4.jpg

It took me a while to get moving this morning. Heath on the other hand was wide open.

I took it easy knowing that Graham needed some work done on his car and would be calling me. When he did we went out.

It took a few minutes to get his O2 sensor changed and then he left to get his car inspected. 

I grabbed the string mower and started it up. Or I tried to. 

I had loaned it to Garland and for some reason he decided the governor needed to be played with. It was running at about 4500 rpm. I found that he had stretched the governor spring (and for some reason the choke was disconnected I found out later).  I played with it a while and got it to run better but the spring was for FUBAR it wouldn't run right. When it flung its string out and I realized he forgot to give the roll back, Heath and I left. 

A short drive to the hardware store and we got string, a spring. In the clearance bin we found a hat for Heath, and work shirt for me. 

Back home I played with the new spring and some mechanics wire ( they didn't have the right one, but one that would work). After some adjustments I got it running pretty good. That is until it died and wouldn't restart. So I pulled the engine cover off. 

One bolt was stripped and I had some difficulty with it. Once it was off I found the disconnected choke. I also cleaned the linkages off on the top of the carb as it was packed with it. 

Heath absconded with a nut so  had to play where Waldo in the shop till I found one. While I was looking I heard a car go buy at a ridiculous speed for this small road. then I heard my neighbor scream. What I missed was a Mustang coming down the hill. A Jeep Cherokee was coming up at over 100 and in the wrong lane, and ran the Mustang off in the ditch. 

the Mustang avoided pancaking in the trees and came back up to see if Wanda was ok. We got her calmed down and they left. I found the missing nut and put the mower back together. 

I spent about 3 1/2 hours trimming everything. Heath spent that time driving his car through the brush.

When I got everything done, but around the tractors, I was hurting bad enough that I stopped. After a brief search for the boy child (he was in a bush), we came in.

Steph got home and I told Heath to show her his new hat. He ran out the door and into the bushes in his underwear. I grabbed my shoes and went that way. I know there are thorns in there. He came out unscathed.

We found a rabbit running around that is not one of ours and is not a typical wild rabbit. Steph said it is a grey and white Dutch rabbit. I don't know what its ancestry is. It was small though. 

I am done for the night. I am sweaty, grass covered, and hurting. I will get out tomorrow and mow some more.  Maybe

• olcowhand, wvbuzzmaster, KennyP and 1 other said thanks