wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,770 Thanks
  • 7,704 posts

Posted March 29, 2016 - 11:10 PM

My buddies take on liver as a 'food'
I have to agree with him, but that's just more for you, right?

I am the only one here who eats liver so it's all for me. 

Just out of curiosity which part of the car would your buddy start with?

• Craig., claudineuo18, calvinas60 and 3 others have said thanks

#3752 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,322 Thanks
  • 28,640 posts

Posted March 30, 2016 - 12:26 AM

I am the only one here who eats liver so it's all for me. 

Just out of curiosity which part of the car would your buddy start with?

I will have to ask.

#3753 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,082 posts

Posted March 30, 2016 - 05:58 PM

I loved the liver and onions my grandfather made. Can't eat it from anywhere else.

He has been gone since 2002 so I guess I'll never eat it again.
  • Alc, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#3754 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,518 Thanks
  • 39,735 posts

Posted March 30, 2016 - 06:09 PM

I'm partial to a plate full every now and then!

• Craig. and backwoods have said thanks

#3755 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,841 posts

Posted March 30, 2016 - 07:10 PM

I can't choke down liver at all....any type of liver.  But somebody's gotta eat the stuff!

• Craig. and WNYTractorTinkerer have said thanks

#3756 EricR OFFLINE  

EricR
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 9495
  • 393 Thanks
  • 278 posts

Posted March 30, 2016 - 08:02 PM

I can't choke down liver at all....any type of liver.  But somebody's gotta eat the stuff!

Amen me neither, lol...

• Craig. said thank you

#3757 CRFarnsworth OFFLINE  

CRFarnsworth

• Contributor
  • Member No: 6275
  • 3,654 Thanks
  • 1,738 posts

Posted March 30, 2016 - 08:26 PM

Amen me neither, lol...

Nope not gonna happen here either.  Mom used to force us to eat it as kids. 

And since I haven't been a kid for a couple weeks, I'm not going to have it in the house!     Rick

• Craig., KennyP and EricR have said thanks

#3758 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,770 Thanks
  • 7,704 posts

Posted March 31, 2016 - 12:59 PM

Busy day yesterday.

I overslept one hour. My alarm didn't go off.

When I got up and was able to move without screaming in pain.

12928344_10157411682630377_6720935391815

Then I went outside and got to mowing. I was afraid Gunner was goign to wear a hole in the floor in the house from running from window to window watching me. 

On my second lap I found a wreath stand that Steph was going to use for a tomato cage. I had to lift the tractor up to get it out of the blades. Needless to say I wasn't very happy. 

After about 45 minutes the engine began to sputter. I killed the blades, throttled back, and barely made it to the gas can. I really didn't want to have to lug the 6 gallon can across the yard. 

I mowed for about 20 minutes more and my phone began to vibrate in my shirt pocket. It was my mom so I shut it down and took the call. It seems that my scummy cousin is being extradited from OR back to TN. I am not sure why it was so urgent that I know that. 

When I got off the phone with her I got a call from Grady. His passengers window went down and wouldn't go back up. I told him to head on over. 

After another hour of mowing the Falcon decided to misbehave. I had to pull the choke every so slightly to get her to run. I called Grady and asked him to snag a can of Seafoam on his way over. 

Cadbury strikes again, who do I call to report chicken child abandonment?

12524393_10154183210244739_7315718075916

About 20 minutes later I found a ratchet strap that Heath had dragged under a bush. Why? They world may never know. I had to lift the tractor up again and take off one blade to free it. 

A short time later Grady showed up. 

A shop was going to charge him $500 to fix his window. After a quick diagnostic I determined it was the switch and not the motor.  I used my jump box to put the window back up and left the switch disconnected. He is going to buy one online for $14.

I got the yard finished up and loaded the Murray up on the trailer to deliver it. 

I had a call 3 days ago from someone who wanted to pay me less than I was asking for it and then wanted me to deliver it to Charlotte. I told them no. They told me I wouldn't sell it. Yesterday a guy called who lived 8 miles from me. He said he would pay full price and a delivery fee. He would up giving me $245. I was asking $225.

Then I ran home and dropped the trailer. 

A run through the gas station for go juice and I was off to Buddy and Pam's house to resurrect a Neon. 

My little scanner said it had a miss on #1 cyl. So I pulled the plug wire. Or rather I pulled half of it. I had to get my super long hemostats to get the wire connector off the plug so I could get a socket on it. A $25 set of wires later and she was fixed. Then I had to get his mower started. He didn't run it dry last year. A half a can of Seafoam and lots of cranking and it finally started begrudgingly. After a few minutes of Seafoam smoke it cleared up and ran just fine. Then I had to get his pickup started. It had a dead battery. We got it jumped and left it idling a while. We went in to harass his wife and play with the dog. 

I left and headed down to Sonic. It took me 30 minutes to get a hotdog. The guy got mad when I didn't tip. 

It is a good thing it took that long, because Buddy called and said he truck did not restart. I told him I was still in town and would be back in a few minutes. I left him with my jump box and told him to drive straight to work without shutting it off anywhere and then try to restart it in a couple of hours. If is started good, if not I had a battery at the house. 

At 1130 I finally got home. The internet was out. I ate my cold hotdog while I called tech service. After fighting my way through the automated idiot I got a human. We were going through trying to get it working and she got strangely quiet. I asked what was going on. She said that all of a sudden they got hundreds of calls from 704 area codes about the internet being down, so it had to be a outage.

I went to bed. About 30 minutes later Steph got home. So I went out and helped her get things unloaded. Heath never woke up. I carted him off to bed sound asleep. 

I woke up this morning with my back screaming in agony. I still have stuff to do and I am just getting to where I can move. Going to be fun. 

• Craig. said thank you

#3759 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,770 Thanks
  • 7,704 posts

Posted March 31, 2016 - 07:08 PM

And today.

It was about 400 when I got to sleep. It was 1130 when I woke everyone up.

CALENDAR-620Y_1607269a.jpg

The internet was back on so I posted about yesterday, then headed outside. 

Steph helped me movet he trampoline and a couple of other things, then I mowed the rest of the back yard.

When I was done with that I decided to see if I could get the tiller started. After putting Crusty's back tires up on a 4x4 to get the tiller completely off the ground,  I took the cover off the tillers engine so I could use my big corded drill as a starter, rather than pulling the rope 4000000000000000 times. 

It didn't take all that long to determine that it had no spark. Since the points are under the flywheel that had to come off. I did not have the right size bolt in my puller so I ran down to Ace to get a couple. When I got back and used the puller it broke the threads out of one side. So much for that. 

We hunted around and found my 2 jaw puller and I thought it was going to give before the flywheel did. I told Steph it would sound like a gunshot. It did. 

When I finally got to the points they are fried. I don't have set here so I got out the pressure washer and blasted off 40+ years of grime.

Heath was playing in his Cozy Coupe and was wanting me to pull him so I hooked it to the Falcon and gave him a couple of laps around the yard. The car was not up to the task and began to self destruct. The roof was coming off. We switched over to his little electric four wheeler that we have never had a charger for. I pulled him down the hill and then the belt came off the Falcon. 

The brand new belt was only half there. I don't know what it was rubbing against, but it smoked the belt. We got it back on and I pulled Heath back up the hill and parked it. 

Jared's cousin is selling Cutco knives and needed to do some presentations to meet a quota. He showed up a 545. I was still wet from the pressure washer. I didn't even let him do the presentation. I told him we were looking for a big meat cleaver. They had one. It was over priced, but Sam is a good kid and it will help him out, so we bought one. 

In the middle of that garland knocked on the door. He wanted to borrow the tow dolly again. So I let him and I went back inside to talk to Sam. 

I have never had a chance to sit and talk to him without his parents there. We talked for a good while.

He told me he had a tire pressure light on in his van. His dad is as mechanically inclined as a turnip ( and a big jerk to boot) so he didn't teach Sam how to check air pressure. I took him out back and showed him how. Both drivers side were 10 low. The passengers side were 10 high.

He left, or rather tried to, about 730. He got as far as the ditch, and backed off in it. 

I harassed him and then pulled him out with CherryBerry. Then I guided him back like he was backing up a house. He was beat red with embarrassment. He will survive though. 

Steph took a run to the store to get some groceries since I pretty much ate everything in the house while she was gone. 

I am kicking back with a Not Your Fathers Root Beer. It is really good. 

• olcowhand, Craig., KennyP and 2 others have said thanks

#3760 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,322 Thanks
  • 28,640 posts

Posted April 01, 2016 - 05:13 AM

WP_20160401_010.jpg
  • DougT, Craig., KennyP and 2 others have said thanks

#3761 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,770 Thanks
  • 7,704 posts

Posted April 01, 2016 - 09:20 PM

Nice Friday.

8924d3f76907b5898e82b62d1331038f.jpg

Heath and I didn't do a thing all day but play with his nerf gun and otherwise goof off. 

He kept shooting me in the face as I was sitting in my chair,  so I held my hand up under my chin and told him he could shot me from there down. The little fart knelt down in the floor and shot me in the ear. Maybe I didn't clarify enough. 

Steph called and wanted to go to Gastonia after she got home. 

Heath got a wooden train track from Stephs mom. He didn't have enough pieces to do anyghint interesting. We went to Toys-r-us and got some pieces that were on clearance.

Then Steph wanted to go eat at Hooters - who was I to complain. 

Once we were stuffed we went to Home Depot. I got a sheet of plywood for a project. Then we went to Walmart. 

My Dr Shoals had gone flat. The Walmart in Gastonia has the foot machine that tells you what set to get. They were $50 but the last pair lasted for 8 years. They help my feet so they are worth it. After snagging a couple other things we headed out. 

Steph wanted frozen yogurt so we went to Sweet Frog. 

We finally got home and Heath got into his new train pieces. He and I build a sweet track.

a1a1a1a1a1a1.PNG

I played as long as I could stay in the floor then I had to stop.

Believe it or not he is hungry again. He wanted a PB&J. Steph is making him one now. 

• Craig., KennyP and backwoods have said thanks

#3762 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,082 posts

Posted April 01, 2016 - 09:24 PM

Believe it or not he is hungry again. He wanted a PB&J. Steph is making him one now.

It never ceases to amaze me how much a boy can eat. My boy is 20 months old and he can put away more food than I ever thought possible.
  • Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#3763 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,322 Thanks
  • 28,640 posts

Posted April 01, 2016 - 09:47 PM

Awesome track!
  • Craig. said thank you

#3764 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,770 Thanks
  • 7,704 posts

Posted April 02, 2016 - 07:31 PM

I didn't feel like doing much today, so I didn't. 

I was up before everyone else. When it was time for them to get up I cranked up Jerry Lee Lewis singing Great Balls of Fire. Didn't take long for them to get moving. 

saturday_010.jpg

My back was hurting so I took it easy. I used SketchUp to draw up my tool box for Cherry Berry.

toolboxcb.PNG

The metal drawers are OK, but rattle enough to make a preacher cuss. So I will get to building this tomorrow. 

Once I had it drawn I mapped it out on graph paper to find the best way to cut it out of two sheets of plywood. I am cross eyed now. 

Then we had to go to the dump. We headed out. 

When we were de-garbaged we went by Buddy's house to get my jump box. He was supposed to leave it in his van. I texted him last night and told him to get off the couch and do it. He didn't.  I called him. He had it in his truck still. He was on his way back from the store so we waited. I swear he gets a little less dependable every year.

Then we ran to Lowe's for another sheet of plywood. When I bought the sheet last night I had not really planned what I was going to build.  Another was called for. 

We grabbed a couple of other things then headed home. 

On a whim I pulled into the discount store. They had a new mailbox to replace the one that got smashed last year and now has a big hole in it. Steph found an over the toilet shelf. Heath just got into everything. 

Heath got out his Nerf gun and started shooting Steph and I . Little did he know we bought more darts last night and Steph got her own Nerf gun. in a short time a full scale war broke out. 

After we found all the darts, Steph began to put the shelf together. I am leaving her and Heath to it. I have to work on stuff all week with him running off with my parts. She gets a taste of it now. HEHEHEHE. 

• Craig., KennyP and backwoods have said thanks

#3765 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,770 Thanks
  • 7,704 posts

Posted April 04, 2016 - 02:39 PM

Yesterday's story in which a  Neanderthal uses power tools.

Once we were all up and moving I went outside. 

caveman-mug-1.jpg

I started to build my toolbox. In a very short time I realized I didn't have long enough arms to handle a 4x8 sheet of plywood. So I called in reinforcements. Heath didn't like the sound of the saw so he ran around getting into everything while Steph and I worked.

Right away I was in trouble. Somehow I managed to buy two different dimensions of plywood. One was 3/4 and one was about 9/16. It didn't seem like a lot till I started trying to build things and my measurements were off.

Second problem is one sheet had drawn up like an arthritic hand. Even with weight sitting on it overnight it was still wonky. I should have taken it back, but I decided to press on.

Third problem, I was tired and sore and should have just waited, but being stubborn I pressed on.

Fourth problem, I am a mechanic not a carpenter. 

We wrestled and found and trimmed and mangled our way through.

I bought a pocket hole jig and thought I could use deck screws. I couldn't Deck screws are made to dig into the wood and counter sink themselves. Pocket screws aren't. So we mangled more and more.

Reid came by to drop off the deck pins he made for the Gravley. They are perfect. He left with some tools for his mill and lathe. 

We finally got the tolbox finished. I had to put a cement block on the lid to hold it down. Hopefully it flattened out.

I was hurting and I left Steph to pick up tools, I came in.

I had left my phone inside all day. When I checked it I had a text from Steph's friend Anna. Her little Nissan had shredded a belt. So I told Steph to hurry with the tools and we left for Statesville. 

An hour and a half we arrived with the belt I picked up at Autozone along the way. 

Of course it was the wrong one. And it was 830. And every parts store closed at 9. And she lives in the middle of nowhere. 

I put CherryBerry in super pursuit mode and headed off. I got to Autozone a 8:56. I took it easy on the way back.

If my hands were the size of Heath's we would have been done in 15 minutes. However, with my bearpaws it took a bit longer. When I was done I had a nice thick coat of grease and belt particles all over my arms.

We went up the 500000000000 steps to Anna's apartment and cleaned up. Heath had eaten two pieces of her pizza. Then back down the 70000000000000000 steps to the truck. 

We were hungry so we went to the closest Waffle House. It was between two hotels and was under attack by about 75 people who looked like they had escaped a rodeo. I have never seen so many Stetsons outside of a western store. We decided to move on. 

There is a new Sheetz gas station in Hickory that has gas for $1.65. So we headed that direction. When we got off the interstate we found a Waffle House. We went in. Heath inhaled a half a waffle. I have no idea where he puts all that food, but I think he is going to hit a growth spurt soon.

After eating we went to Sheetz and filled up. I got 17.6 MPG. up 5mpg from pre-tuneup. Not bad considering it pulled the trailer with the air brake tailgate a good distance, and ran like a raped ape through the back roads of Statesville for 25 miles. 

It was 1230 when we finally pulled in the yard. It was nearly 3 when I fell asleep. Steph and Heath were asleep by 1235.

No pictures because I left my phone inside all day. 

I am hurting today and not in a big hurry to go out and wrestle the tool box into the back of CherryBerry. I will do it after a while though. 

• MH81, KennyP and backwoods have said thanks