• Please log in to reply
4319 replies to this topic

#3736 oldedeeres ONLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,880 Thanks
  • 3,203 posts

Posted March 23, 2016 - 11:55 AM

She passed where she wanted to be with the person she wanted to be with.
We should all be so lucky, I suppose

If you can't just quietly pass in your sleep, that is the best way to go, IMO. My condolences to you on losing a friend, and to her family on losing a mother.

• MH81, jpackard56, UncleWillie and 2 others have said thanks

#3737 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,775 Thanks
  • 7,705 posts

Posted March 23, 2016 - 05:57 PM

Easy day.

My knees were not near as bad today. The rest did them good. 

10152626_997442910334612_688634313280193

We didn't do much till about 3pm when we wandered outside and climbed in CherryBerry to head up to Lincolnton.

Steph needed a certified copy of Heath's birth certificate for some reason. So He and I stopped and got one. $10 later and we were off again.

Every restaurant we drove past Heath would ask for food. I sent Steph a text and asked what time she would be back in Lincolnton. She said about 30 minutes so I told her to meet us at Waffle House.

While we waited for her we went to Lowe's.  My grinder from HF lasted about 30 minutes and I have some grinding that needs to be done. I grabbed a cordless Porter Cable to add to my growing collection. We spent about 20 minutes wandering around and grabbed a couple of lottle things. We were checking out when Steph came in.

I needed gas in CB so I told her to go on and order me coffee and I would fill up. I put 15 gallons in my 15 gallon tank.

Then we headed across the street to join Steph.

10409038_10154150809529739_4037301444345

Once our bellies were full we headed home. 

We went across the street and had a good visit with the neighbor. I had her laughing buy the time we left. Heath had a ball playing with her grandsons trucks.

Finally we came home. I found a Henry rifle catalog in the mailbox so I know what I will be doing for the next little bit. 

• TheFarm2004, wvbuzzmaster, Craig. and 2 others have said thanks

#3738 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,775 Thanks
  • 7,705 posts

Posted March 24, 2016 - 03:33 PM

Not bad so far.

This morning Heath and I got up and got our stuff done. 

power_washing_pressure_water_blaster_wor

Then we waited for Miss Amy to show up and do his speech therapy.

When she left we did too. I packed up my 4 NASCAR die cast cars and took them to Tony the tire guy. We worked out a deal on future tire work and then Heath and I headed across the street to the discount store. 

They get different stuff in all the time. We found a dog chain (cable) for Gunner since he broke his last night, 2 cell phone mounts for Steph and I, A set of speakers to replace the destroyed ones on my computer, and a 142 (-3) Stanley socket set to keep in CherryBerry. Grand total - $60.

We headed home and I put Gunners shock collar on him and turned him loose. I grabbed the angle grinder and got to work on the Gravleys deck. The grinder is a bit battery hungry. Once I had it as smooth as I could I got the pressure washer out. With the dreaded 0 degree tip I attacked it. Most of the paint the PO put on came off. He painted over grease, grass, dirt, and everything. 

IMG_20160324_143214031.jpg

IMG_20160324_151751104.jpg

Then I switched nozzles and sprayed off CherryBerry.

Then I got out my JB Weld and got to work on the patched areas of the deck to smooth them out a bit. 

IMG_20160324_151757609.jpg

When that was done I got my phone mount put where I liked it and then we came in.

I hooked up the speakers. Heath stripped down to his undies. Gunner flopped in the floor. 

Steph is on her way home and she is going to get the rats cage apart and I am going to pressure wash it. Then we have to all clean up for the funeral.

• olcowhand, MH81, wvbuzzmaster and 2 others have said thanks

#3739 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,775 Thanks
  • 7,705 posts

Posted March 25, 2016 - 04:13 PM

Uncle Willie's taxi service was in full swing today.

My Neighbor, Jenni, had a car problem. I told her husband I would take her to work and then come back and diagnose the problem.

When Steph's alarm went off at 620 I was up.

6a87fe5eb681c603938406165ce1f421.jpg

At 730 I got Heath up. We got dressed and headed out.

Once I got Jenni to work heath and I wen to BoJangle's for breakfast. With food in our hands,  I came back to look at her car. It had a random misfire on cylinders 2 and 4. I pulled the spark plugs and #2 was broken. So I ran to Auto-zone and got some.

With new plugs the #2 misfire went away, but #4 was still there. I pulled #3 and 4 ignition coils and swapped them. The misfire went to cyl #3. So I called her and told her she needed an $80 coil.

Heath and I loafed around till about 1 then we left for Conover. We stopped at Wendy's because he was saying he was hungry.

I got to Steph's school at 130. Heath needed to be there at 2 so they could leave and go to Virginia.

We went to the playground where some other teachers kids were playing. I immediately had 5 little boys following my every step. They were all fighting and throwing things till I got there. I never said a word to them, but I guess the sight of a 6'5" (with my boots on) 300 pound man straightened them up. We all played cars and then at 2 I had to leave. I am sure they went home and told thier parents they played with a giant.

I headed back to the resturant Jenni works at and picked her up. She was walking lopsided because her back was messed up. Of course at that time I got a call from a guy about the Power King and couldn't get him off the phone. 

I drove over to the ABC store and he was still talking. I finally got him off and I went in and got a bottle Makers 46.

We then went to AutoZone. We got her part and headed back. 

In a few minutes I had the coil installed and the car was running like a Swiss watch. Her TPMS light was on so I drove it across the street to air up the tires. 

My air gauge said it had 46 pounds. I tried again and it said 14. Humm. Heath played with the gauge a while back. I guess he killed it. So I dug around and found another one. Then got her pressures right. 

I drove back across the road and she gave me a hug. She said I should squeeze tighter because it made her back feel better. So I picked her up and shook her gently. Her back cracked like a machine gun. Instantly she felt better. 

Graham asked if I had a beer and I did so we came over to the house. We had a beer and a shot of whisky and then he walked back home.

I now have the house all to myself till Thursday. Gunner will drive me nuts, but I can bear it. They will have a ball with her mom and the gal who is driving up with her. Tomorrow is the tractor swap meet in Dallas so I will be headed down thereand then JacobD wants to to to my friend Reid's shop to get him to do some work. 

I picked up all the parts to tune up CherryBerry. So Sunday it should be running right. 

• olcowhand, MH81, wvbuzzmaster and 3 others have said thanks

#3740 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,775 Thanks
  • 7,705 posts

Posted March 26, 2016 - 04:42 PM

Lots of moving around. Not much accomplished.

Last night my shoulder was killing me and made it nearly impossible to sleep. I finally got to sleep at around 3am, and then Gunner decided he needed to snuggle. He hit my shoulder with his head and woke me up. I got to sleep some time after that and woke up at 10.

coffee-6.jpg

When I could move without screaming I hopped in CherryBerry and headed out. 

I got to the trade show late and most everyone was leaving. Including DrBish. 

One guy had this beautiful 68 (??)Springfield. 250 hours (I think) and he wanted $225 for it. I have his number if anyone is interested. 

IMG_20160326_121457589.jpg

I did buy a pocket knife from a guy.

As I left I got a call about the Power King. I sat in the parking lot for a while and talked to him. He wanted more pictures. 

When I got home I took lots of pictures and sent them to him. I haven't heard back.

About an hour later JacobD showed up with the cross member for his Dodge. It needed to be cleaned before it went to the machine shop. I started pressure washing, but I evidently wasn't doing it to his exacting standards because he took over. 

The dogs barked one time and I turned to find two guys standing there. It isn't often I get snuck up on so it was a bit surprising. They turned out to live just up the road and they were looking for a mower deck. I didn't have one. They wanted to look at the Murray, but Jacob and I needed to leave. I told them I would swing by their house when I came back. 

We ran over to Reid's shop and he looked at what Jacob had. He needed more information and measurements. I gave him one of the deck pins for the Gravley and told him I needed 2 more. We took a look at the Bush hog he is working on for me and then he showed Jacob around his shop. We finally headed out. 

Jacob went home and I went down a long dirt dirveway to the neighbors house. I hit one hole that bounced everything in the back of the truck up.

The deck on his mower had minor damage from hitting a brick. I managed to straighten it out for him and make it usable again. I looked at a car he needs fixed and told him I would come up next week to look at it. 

Last night I had picked up the distributor cap that was sitting in the back seat of the truck and found it to be broken in the box. So when I left the guys house I headed over to AZ. They looked at it and were surprised at how badly ti was mashed. The box had one small mark on it. The cap looked like someone chocked a tire with it. 

I harassed them a while then headed off. I ran over to Taco Bell and got some food. I got a lot because I don't plan on leaving the house tomorrow and wanted something to munch on. Then I went to Heafner's Superette and got some fried mushrooms  just because. 

I got home and put the kitchen and then went out to feed the menagerie. I got 6 eggs. One was broken or I would have had 7. Oh well. 

Finally I came in and collapsed into a chair. I am tired. 

• olcowhand, wvbuzzmaster, Craig. and 2 others have said thanks

#3741 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,775 Thanks
  • 7,705 posts

Posted March 28, 2016 - 06:14 PM

Well, Monday happened again.

More tossing and turning last night.

While I was having my coffee I saw the Henry Rifle sticker I got with the catalog.

12931041_10154170803484739_5586872477764

So I installed it. 

It was muddy from yesterdays monsoons so I was in no hurry to rush out.

Finally I had to do it so I wandered out. 

I started to tune CherryBerry up in the front yard, but soon found that it was going ot be impossible to get my hands down to the spark plugs. removing the front tires was going to have to happen. Unfortunately, I noticed that after I had pulled the distributor cap. So I pushed it.

I hooked up the knock sensor wire when I got it back there. Whomever decided to put the knock sensor on the 4.3l S10s on the back of the engine, below the distributor, above the transmission, and half an inch from the firewall should be cursed with fiberglass underwear. My hands are shredded.

I did find that the coil post on the dizzy cap was in sad shape.

12920497_10154171893604739_8631322631491

After I had it tuned up I fired up the pressure washer and blasted away the remains of the power steering fluid that was hiding behind the tire. 

When I had the tires back on Gunner and I took a test drive. It runs much better now. 

After I cleaned up I left for the pharmacy and to get some dinner. My back is hurting.

• olcowhand, MH81, wvbuzzmaster and 2 others have said thanks

#3742 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,519 Thanks
  • 39,737 posts

Posted March 28, 2016 - 06:26 PM

You do know Mondays' are an every week kind of thing?

• TheFarm2004, wvbuzzmaster, Craig. and 1 other said thanks

#3743 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,775 Thanks
  • 7,705 posts

Posted March 28, 2016 - 08:09 PM

You do know Mondays' are an every week kind of thing?

I have heard they happen multiple times a week on occasion.
  • Craig., KennyP, CRFarnsworth and 2 others have said thanks

#3744 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,335 Thanks
  • 28,642 posts

Posted March 28, 2016 - 10:21 PM

I fully expect to be celebrating my third Monday of the week on Wednesday
  • Craig., CRFarnsworth, jpackard56 and 2 others have said thanks

#3745 CRFarnsworth ONLINE  

CRFarnsworth

• Contributor
  • Member No: 6275
  • 3,656 Thanks
  • 1,740 posts

Posted March 29, 2016 - 07:45 AM

I do believe this is my 3rd or 4th Saturday this week!  :D     Rick ​

• Craig., KennyP and jpackard56 have said thanks

#3746 jpackard56 OFFLINE  

jpackard56

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7225
  • 1,768 Thanks
  • 1,407 posts

Posted March 29, 2016 - 08:13 AM

I fully expect to be celebrating my third Monday of the week on Wednesday

I'm having the same week !

I do believe this is my 3rd or 4th Saturday this week!  :D     Rick ​

I am VERY envious...

• backwoods said thank you

#3747 jpackard56 OFFLINE  

jpackard56

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7225
  • 1,768 Thanks
  • 1,407 posts

Posted March 29, 2016 - 08:21 AM

Uncle Willy I have even worse thoughts for the guy that put that set-up in the 4.3's.  starting with broken fingers so that he can never draw a blueprint again...WAIT ? maybe it should be the bureaucracy that requires the knock sensor ? Hmmm...

You sir are very kind and polite or I suspect were afraid of "points" for putting your real feelings in print :worshippy1:  I am going for coffee before I end up with those points..

Hang in there, the sun will come out (eventually) :rolling:

• Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#3748 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,841 posts

Posted March 29, 2016 - 11:07 AM

I know this is just Tuesday, but I feel like I've been through 8 Mondays already this week.

• DougT, MH81, Craig. and 2 others have said thanks

#3749 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,775 Thanks
  • 7,705 posts

Posted March 29, 2016 - 06:44 PM

Well I wasn't going to do anything. 

I got to sleep at around 430 this morning. I got up at 11. 

12801611_985380091540894_899283041442307

I had no plans to do anything today. At 4 I wandered to the kitchen and got the bag of chicken and rabbit livers out of the freezer and put them in hot water to thaw.

Then I went outside to feed the zoo. 

Once that was done I decided to get the yard ready to mow tomorrow. All the hoses, cords, and air lines had to be moved where they didn't get pureed.

When that was done I remembered that the Falcon still needed the new drive belt installed. So I got it out of CherryBerry. I also snagged the jump box/air compressor. 

While airing up the flat tire I noticed that the belt was off the blade spindle on the right side. I looked at the left side and saw it was jammed up in the pulley so I went over and un jammed it.

Back to the right side I found that the spindle was locked up. It wasn't when I mowed last time. 

So I pulled the nut off and looked. I thought the quill would come out the bottom so I put the nut on it and tapped it a few times with a tiny ball peen hammer. I must not know my own strength because the nut turned sideways. 

A shot of PB Blaster freed up the spindle. When I tried to put the pulley back on I found that the threads were FUBAR. Dangit. 

Out came the needle files and I laid in the yard for about 30 minutes re-threading it. My tap and die set didn't go that big. I grabbed another nut off a derelict deck and got it all back together. 

Once the tires were all aired up I tackled the drive belt. That went pretty easy.

I then remembered that there was very little gas left in the can. So I poured what was left in the falcon and then Gunner and I headed down to the gas station. 

3 hours later I came in from my 30 minute animal feeding. LOL.

Once my hands were cleaned up I got the liver going. 

One can of beer, salt, pepper, balsamic vinegar, wostershire sauce, and 2 pounds of liver. Cooked till all the beer was gone. Then served up with my leftover pintos from Bojangle's. Yummmm.

12923176_10154176041674739_8271438378694

• MH81, wvbuzzmaster, Craig. and 2 others have said thanks

#3750 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,335 Thanks
  • 28,642 posts

Posted March 29, 2016 - 10:06 PM

if I was forced to eat my car, the last thing that I would tackle would be the oil filter

My buddies take on liver as a 'food'
I have to agree with him, but that's just more for you, right?
  • CRFarnsworth and UncleWillie have said thanks