jpackard56

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7225
  • 1,768 Thanks
  • 1,407 posts

Posted March 17, 2016 - 06:40 AM

Your Porter Cable tool drawer looking good :thumbs: I find rarely a day goes by that I'm not using something out of my battery tool bag anymore. Even have an inverter for charging on the road these days. Kinda like cell-phones, first ones were about 30 lbs suitcase that we hauled everywhere cause we were afraid we would miss that business quote, and now...Well anyway good looking set, your gonna love 'em :rocker2: 

• Craig. said thank you

#3722 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,742 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted March 17, 2016 - 06:50 PM

Beautiful day. 

This morning I vaguely remember Steph's alarm clock going off the first time. I was awakened by the sound of Christine leave the drive at the speed of sound. I looked at my watch and it was 730. She was supposed to be at work at 8.

I sent her a text around 815. She had realized she wasn't going to make it and called in sick. She still had 20 minutes when she called so she was within her time table. She went to Aldi's on her way back. 

I was up and had coffee going when she got home. 

9fb6afe14096ef76b1d5fcbe4cc4c287.jpg

Since she had Heath ( and was giving him a bath)  I went outside and got started working. 

Since I had the Huskee up on the lift I decided first thing was to see if it would run. It did. It had a loose ground wire, but otherwise was mechanically sound. So I turned my attention to the deck. I thought I could steal some bolts off another deck to install the new spindle, but they were different. I left for Ace. Steph requested I stop at Bojangles and get her a BBQ sandwich. I also went by Autozone and got a can of yellow paint. 

I got back home and dropped off the food. Heath was in the middle of his lesson so I went back out. 

Gunner got a ground spike chain thing (whatever you call it - tieout?) since he had broken the back steps. Problem was it was green and blended in. I painted it yellow. Then I got the spindle installed and was tinkering with the belts when Steph can Heath came out. 

We got the blades on it and had to hunt a spring to go on the center deck tensioner pulley, but in short order I had it on the ground. I drove it over and mowed a short path and then go my phone to make a video. About halfway through it the center belt broke and that was that.

I needed to sit for a bit because my back was killing me. So we went in the shop and got the crate of tools that had been filled out of scrap cars. I filled up my craftsman tool kit out of it ( I did one for Jared last summer) and then separated them out for a future yard sale.

There is a 5 gallon bucket with 6 inches of misc elcheapo sockets.

tool1.jpg

A bunch of pliers and hammers.

tool2.jpg

Some wrenches.

tool6.jpg

A bouquet of screwdrivers.

tool7.jpg

And a 2 gallon bucket of Craftsman sockets.

tool4.jpg

After that I put the Lawn Boy back together. Carb is a no go. Going to have to buy one. 

Then I got the string mower and started it. It started on the first pull - which was good. I pulled the rope out - which was bad. Then it stalled - which was good because it didn't get hot. So I fixed that. 

Steph announced that she had apprehended the last runaway bunny. She dumped it in the pen with the others.

I got the mower back together and then cut down the huge clump of grass that had grown up beside the old apple tree stump. The stump had finally rotted to the point that it fell apart when I kicked it. 

Graham came over and told me that the steering on his tractor broke. I walked over and looked. The ball joint on the end of the steering rod had broken. I looked at every tractor I have and none of them had the right one. Oh well. 

Steph had begun slaughtering rabbits. She asked me to help her catch one. I pinned it (the one we just caught) against the side of the cage with a push broom and she grabbed it. When she got it out of the cage it got out of her hand and ran under the cage. I wasn't about to spend another 3 months trying to capture it again. I told everyone to step back and  shot it in the head. 

I decided it was time to have a capture pole so I took a piece of PVC pipe and some rope and made one. It took about 20 seconds to get the next one out.

With those 5 bunnies slaughtered I came in.

My feet are killing me.

Heath is completely filthy. You can't tell he has ever had a bath in his life, let alone one this morning. 

• olcowhand, MH81, wvbuzzmaster and 4 others have said thanks

#3723 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,418 Thanks
  • 39,668 posts

Posted March 17, 2016 - 07:03 PM

That just says he's a boy! Likes to get into things more than elbow deep!

• Craig., jpackard56 and UncleWillie have said thanks

#3724 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,742 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted March 17, 2016 - 07:43 PM

That just says he's a boy! Likes to get into things more than elbow deep!

I would be ecstatic with elbow deep. He has grease up to where the Lord split him. 

Steph went back out with him to get his Thomas trains. He filled the carrying case up with dirt so she dumped it out and was puttung the trains back in it. He was covering her in dirt. loo

• olcowhand, Craig., KennyP and 2 others have said thanks

#3725 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,418 Thanks
  • 39,668 posts

Posted March 18, 2016 - 06:06 AM

:bigrofl: But he's having fun!

• Craig. and jpackard56 have said thanks

#3726 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,742 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted March 18, 2016 - 06:38 PM

Paying for it today.

This morning I woke up feeling like I was run over by a steam roller. 

d62e234d00190926352076cafd9d4814.jpg

All that bending and standing caught up with me. I was moving slowly when I finally got going. 

I didn't do anything until after Heath's speech therapy lesson. Heath didn't seem to mind the break either. 

Once Miss. Amy left we saddled up and went to the truck. I turned the key and got nothing. Heath had turned the key on last night so it sat there and killed the battery. Yes, the key was in it overnight. 

I grabbed the jump box. It didn't get plugged back in last night. I grabbed the battery charger. It isn't working right. I grabbed the battery out of the parts truck. It was dead, and the jumper cables were messed up. I put all three together. I finally got enough juice to start.

We headed over to the hardware store to find a spring for the Huskee's deck. Then we looked around a bit and headed to the gas station to get a drink. From there we went next door to the mower shop. 

Heath had a ball. He was into everything. They had one ball joint left for Grahams mower. He said they go through them like water. LOL. 

Then we took a ride up to TSC to get a belt, jumper cables, and big carabiners.  We poked around a good while. I found some springs that were closer to the right size than the ones I got at Ace so I grabbed them. Can't ever have too many springs anyhow. I also got a belt for the Huskee. 

We headed back to Cherryville to look in a new discount shop. One of the gals who works there took an interest in me. She kept rubbing against me. Not that I am complaining, but I am married. 

We got home about 415 and I turned Heath and Gunner loose to run around. I sat in my chair out back until Steph got home. Once she was home and changed she helped me put the belt and springs (the ones from TSC worked better) on the Huskee's deck. Then I mowed a small area of the yard with it and made a video.

Finally I drove it over to the Blazer and had Steph give me the parts for Grahams mower. I rode the Huskee across the road. It took a few minutes to get the steering rod installed and adjusted. He had a friend cutting down some trees. I watched that for a while them I came home. 

Steph and Heath stayed over there a while because Grahams friend had his 4 year old son with him. They played for a good while. 

I am sore. I am tired. I am not hungry however, Steph made rabbit quesadillas. Pretty good. 

Edited by UncleWillie, March 18, 2016 - 06:41 PM.

• olcowhand, DougT, MH81 and 6 others have said thanks

#3727 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,742 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted March 21, 2016 - 06:32 PM

Survived another Monday.

This morning I really didn't want to get moving. My knees felt like someone had attacked them with a jackhammer. Unfortunately I had to get up and take Heath to a dental appointment.

tooth.jpg

He will need some fillings so I get to go back.

Since we were in Gastonia we ran by Harbor Freight, Home Depot, and Wal-Mart.

When we got home I had to sit down and rest a bit. I was tired of walking.

Once I caught my breath we headed outside. A neighbor wants to buy the rear bumper off the parts truck so I went to work on that.

Before I could get out the door my welder showed up. We pulled the deck off the Gravley and he carted it off.

The parts truck was parked against a tree stump I had to get it moved. SO the battery, alternator, and belt had to go back on. It started right up and moved 8 feet. Smoked like a freight train though. Heath got all excited when it started up.

In about 30 minutes I had the bumper on the ground.

Then I put a for sale sign up where the tractors are sitting out front. Heath helped me write the phone number and it looks like a 2nd grader wrote it. LOL.

We came in and I sat for a while. Steph came home. Then Graham came over. His O2 sensor has been acting up and he has to get his car inspected. I gave cleaning it a try. It didn't' take long to get it off, hosed with carb cleaner, and reinstalled. I drove it for about 6 miles and it stayed off. We stood int eh driveway and talked a bit and then he drove back across the street. The light came back on. I think the car just doesn't like him. 

Finally, I came in. Steph made rabbit BBQ for dinner. 

My knees are still sore. 

• olcowhand, MH81, wvbuzzmaster and 5 others have said thanks

#3728 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,418 Thanks
  • 39,668 posts

Posted March 21, 2016 - 06:47 PM

Know all about the knee issues! Mine act up every so often!

• Craig. said thank you

#3729 backwoods OFFLINE  

backwoods
  • Member No: 8613
  • 2,060 Thanks
  • 2,434 posts

Posted March 21, 2016 - 08:08 PM

From the sounds of it you have walked about 20 miles in two days. Glad to hear you got the mowers out front for sale.
  • Craig., KennyP and UncleWillie have said thanks

#3730 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,742 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted March 22, 2016 - 11:57 AM

From the sounds of it you have walked about 20 miles in two days. Glad to hear you got the mowers out front for sale.

I was thinking that myself. Today I am resting my knees.

• MH81, Craig., KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#3731 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,418 Thanks
  • 39,668 posts

Posted March 22, 2016 - 04:00 PM

I was thinking that myself. Today I am resting my knees.

Don't blame you! I'm getting over ceiling work now!

• Craig. said thank you

#3732 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,742 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted March 22, 2016 - 05:37 PM

12800270_985379028207667_750316206506495

I got some news last night that I am not sure how I feel about. My neighbor has had her elderly mother living with her for about 5 years now. The mom was in very bad health, and it was taking a toll on the neighbor because she could not go anywhere since she had no one to care for her mom. Her brothers and sisters wouldn't come sit with the mom while she went to do things. It has been a lot of stress on her. 

Saturday we noticed a lot of cars at her house and again on Sunday. We thought it was an early Easter get together. However, she called me last night and said her mom had passed away yesterday morning. ON Friday last week the home health nurse told her to call the family in to say goodbye.

She was a very sweet lady. She had told her daughter she did not want to be in a nursing home. She passed peacefully with her daughter at her side.

While I am very sad to see her go, it will be a big relief to the daughter.

This morning a funeral home van was at the house and several of the neighbors have called me to ask why. They didn't want to bother her and they know we are close. 

• olcowhand, Alc, wvbuzzmaster and 4 others have said thanks

#3733 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,418 Thanks
  • 39,668 posts

Posted March 22, 2016 - 05:43 PM

Maybe it's best she passed this way! Close to someone she loved, instead of in a home! Invite the daughter out for a meal when you feel it's right!

• wvbuzzmaster, Craig., jpackard56 and 2 others have said thanks

#3734 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,742 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted March 22, 2016 - 08:22 PM

Maybe it's best she passed this way! Close to someone she loved, instead of in a home! Invite the daughter out for a meal when you feel it's right!

The daughter is 76. She always insists on feeding us. We are going to go over tomorrow and visit a while. I was going to go today but I don't think my knees will go that far right now. 

• olcowhand, Alc, Craig. and 2 others have said thanks

#3735 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,271 Thanks
  • 28,607 posts

Posted March 22, 2016 - 08:45 PM

She passed where she wanted to be with the person she wanted to be with.
We should all be so lucky, I suppose
  • KennyP, jpackard56, Bmerf and 2 others have said thanks