UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,763 Thanks
  • 7,703 posts

Posted March 13, 2016 - 06:14 PM

Willie  I think I would go with the drill bit shank idea as all it does is drive the charge pump.

I am leaning that way. ON of the guys who bought a tractor said he could make me a pin if I had the specs. I told him the specs didn't exist. He laughed. 

The guy who bought the John Deere called me a couple of hours ago. He said it just shut off. I asked him if it had gas. He said it did. I told him to check. It didn't. LOL. 

• olcowhand, MH81, wvbuzzmaster and 1 other said thanks

#3707 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted March 13, 2016 - 06:19 PM

The guy who bought the John Deere called me a couple of hours ago. He said it just shut off. I asked him if it had gas. He said it did. I told him to check. It didn't. LOL. 

That might cause it!  :rolling:

• Craig. and backwoods have said thanks

#3708 larrybl OFFLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 415
  • 4,954 Thanks
  • 3,328 posts

Posted March 13, 2016 - 08:48 PM

Here you go Willie. For tomorrow.

Attached Thumbnails

• 10553612_1067637303278963_2448128322376686179_n.jpg

• DougT, MH81, Craig. and 4 others have said thanks

#3709 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,763 Thanks
  • 7,703 posts

Posted March 14, 2016 - 07:59 PM

I have a blister on my toe and it hurts!

Well this morning I was awakened to dogs barking. I have no idea what at, but they were barking. 

www.barkingdogcoffee.com.logo.jpg

We got up and got moving. Heath had oatmeal for breakfast.

As soon as I told him to get dressed he took off like a bullet for his bedroom. He was dressed before I was. 

Once we loaded up in CherryBerry we headed off to find mower blades. 

Lowe's had nothing for the Huskee. They had a universal blade that looked close to the one off the Murray so I got it. 

I also got a set of tractor ramps. I have needed a set for a while and finally had the extra cash to get them.  The cashier couldn't understand they were a set of ramps and was wanting to charge me $158 each!

We got out to the truck and I strapped the ramps to the luggage rack.

IMG_20160314_140936821.jpg

When I got in I realized I didn't have my phone. I grabbed Heath and we hurried back inside. I had used it to try to find a different number on the Huskee blades. Without thinking I sat it down on the blade shelf. Fortunately it was still there. 

We headed up to the Kangaroo station and got drinks and crackers and 13.788 gallons of gas. Even though it needs a tuneup badly and it knock sensor is still not hooked up it got 16 mpg in mixed driving half of which was towing a trailer.

Steph left me a shopping list for TSC so I went there. In the discount bin I found.......the exact set of blades I needed for the Murray. It is an 83 so parts are getting harder to find. 

I grabbed what Steph needed and left a bunch of cash with the cutie pie at the register then we headed up to Hickory.

The guy I got the tractors from last week had a brand new in the box pressure washer. I also got a couple of little cabinets with drawers to put in the back of the Blazer to keep things from bouncing around too much.

Close to home we found a Dodge Neon in the midst of the barricade cables in the middle of highway 321. There were several other vehicles stopped and no one appeared to be hurt so we headed on. 

We made our way home and found a note stuck in the door to call a neighbor. I also found the new end for my tent building on the porch. 

I called the neighbor - he wanted to look at the PK. I told him to wait about 30-45 minutes because I needed to sit down for a bit.

Heath and I got outside and I got to pulling the junk out of the back of the Blazer and setting up the tool drawers. 

Then I put the pressure washer together. 

Dan showed up and looked at the PK. He wants it, but for a lot less than I want. I told him if it didn't sell in a while I might think about it. 

He left and I got to putting the blades on the Murray. I searched the whole back of the Blazer for the nuts and washers. I was thinking I had lost them then I remembered I put them back on the spindles so they didn't get lost. 

The deck was caked in mud. Almost impressively so. I had to chisel some out to get the blades on.I also removed about 37 feet of assorted string, wire, and plastic from the spindles.

Then I fired it up and engaged the blades. There was a huge cloud of dirt, so much so that I was glad I still had my hand on the lever or I would have never found it again.  

I broke out my new ramps and set them up. I started the Murray and stuck it in reverse to let it back itself off the ramp. It didn't move.  After some investigating I found that the clutch was not releasing. While I was messing with that Steph came home. She helped me get the clutch working and it finally backed itself off the stand. 

I gave it a run around the yard.

Then Steph and I installed the end of the tent building. I accidentally cut a hole in the top. Oops. 

Finally the trailer got hooked up to CherryBerry and I headed off solo to the house I dropped the JD off at yesterday. He wanted me to buy his old tractor. When I got there I saw that he had mowed about 14 acres so I guess putting gas in it solved the problem.

Once I had exchanged more green for a blue and black tractor I headed home. 

It started raining and I remembered the hole in the tent. I called Steph and asked her to find the Gorilla tape. When I pulled in the drive I left the headlights shining on the tent. I had to use a towel to dry the tent to tape up the hole. 

When I got back in the truck and started to back up I nearly hit a car that was pulling in. Steph had ordered pizza. I nearly mashed the pizza guy. 

And after all that - I have a massive blister on my ring? toe on my left foot.  Feels good to sit down.

Edited by UncleWillie, March 14, 2016 - 08:31 PM.

• olcowhand, MH81, wvbuzzmaster and 3 others have said thanks

#3710 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted March 14, 2016 - 08:10 PM

When I got in 

you did................?

#3711 larrybl OFFLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,954 Thanks
  • 3,328 posts

Posted March 14, 2016 - 08:21 PM

I'll start.... When I got in, CherryBerry wouldn't start.......

#3712 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,763 Thanks
  • 7,703 posts

Posted March 14, 2016 - 09:15 PM

you did................?

I'll start.... When I got in, CherryBerry wouldn't start.......

Computer spazzed and  entered the reply about halfway through. I thought it was lost because it went back several pages. I think it is possessed. 

• KennyP said thank you

#3713 larrybl OFFLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,954 Thanks
  • 3,328 posts

Posted March 14, 2016 - 09:17 PM

Darn, we could have had some fun with this. :rolling:

• UncleWillie and oldedeeres have said thanks

#3714 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,763 Thanks
  • 7,703 posts

Posted March 14, 2016 - 10:18 PM

I forgot to ad that a super rusty crusty Dodge Dakota yankee truck showed up today for me to diagnose the brakes on. It has none. Seems like an easy diagnosis LOL. I am sure that the rust will make a simple job into a 3 day one. 

• MH81, Craig. and backwoods have said thanks

#3715 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,763 Thanks
  • 7,703 posts

Posted March 15, 2016 - 07:36 PM

There needs to be two of me. 

I thought I went to bed fairly early (for me) last night. I woke up at 12! When I picked up my tablet I found out why. It was turned off at 5:15am yikes. I am back on third shift. Fortunately for Heath, Steph leaves him something to eat where he can reach it before she leaves. Although if it yells it will wake me up. 

Once I was finally upright

logo.jpg

We saddled up and left to vote.

Heath was so good they gave him a sticker. Then I gave him about 45 minutes on the playground at the church we vote at. 

N3ncadel.jpg

Once that was done we headed over to Lowe's to return the un-needed mower blades. While I was there I grabbed a flashlight that would run on the cordless batteries. I now have 4 cordless tools. That will be it for a while. 

MndustFl.jpg

We headed home and got to work on stuff outside. 

First I had to fix the tent building. I put a self drilling screw in every joint. Then I installed the new door end correctly. 

Graham came over to change the the oil in his car. When he finished I got him to help me move the tractor repair stand. I put it closer to the tent building so all my mess in sort of in one spot now. 

Then we got the rusty Dodge Dakota up on the trailer so it will be easier to work on the brakes. We had to jump it off and I had to use the parking brake verrrrry carefully to get it up there. 

Graham headed home and I got the Craftsman LT I picked up last night up on the stand and pulled the deck off it. It will be parted out and it is much easier without a deck. 

Then I got out the "new" pressure washer I got yesterday. He said it had never had oil in it. It had both oil and gas. Hummmm. When I hooked it up to the hose it sprayed like a sprinkler. Busted pump. Fortunately I had an identical pump. Once it was installed it worked just fine. I pressure washed my gas can LOL. 

Then I got to looking for Heath. He was no where. I looked all over and was getting ready to freak out. Then I saw a piece of 10 foot long PVC pipe on top of the KFC Tractor shed moving around.

SRBkTnIl.jpg

Case solved. 

I sat down for a minute because my feet were screaming. 

Steph got home and said the alternator on Christine was not going to make it much longer. I thought the one off the parts Suburban would fit it, but it is made completely backwards. Dangit. So $90 later she came home with a shiny new one.  We put it on and no more squeal. 

A guy was supposed to come look at the Murray, and another was supposed to come get the engine off the Craftsman. Neither showed up.

I finally collapsed in my chair. 

• olcowhand, MH81, wvbuzzmaster and 3 others have said thanks

#3716 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,763 Thanks
  • 7,703 posts

Posted March 16, 2016 - 06:17 PM

Been a looooooong day.

kbn2wpisyvvqc6rhzh2i.jpg

This morning at 4am (after 2 hours of sleep) my eyes opened, and refused to close again. I tried my best to sleep. At 6 Steph's alarm went off. I gave up and got up. 

I went back and opened Heaths gate and let him sleep. By the time he woke up I was on my second pot of coffee. 

I was so groggy that at 12 I laid down on the couch and dozed off. At around 130 Heath jumped on me. Otherwise I think I would still be asleep. 

I checked my email and Facebook and found that the guy I haire on occasion was saying something about the Gaston Gazette and court. I googled his name.

http://m.gastongazet...-woman-on-cheek

He won't be coming back up here any more. I don't want him on the property. 

We got dressed and went outside.When I stepped out the back door onto the steps there was a crack and everything moved. The old wooden steps were not up to Gunners pulling at it with his chain. His chain has been attached to the bottom step. 

I sent Steph a text to get some 3 inch deck screws. I had none. 

He spent some serious time in the dirt with his trucks. I spent some serious time tryign to organize my tools again. 

Imagine, if you would, a bomb that went off in the tool section of you local Sears. That is about how my tools looked. 

The guy who was supposed to come yesterday to get an engine showed up today. The engine was still on the little LT that was stitting on the stand. I started it so he knew it ran. Then he took it off and carted it home after giving me some cash. (He said he was building a set of stands like mine.) 

Graham showed up while the guy was taking the engine off and wanted to get started on the Dodge. 

Steph came home about that time too. 

After the engine left for its new home, Graham and I got the truck re positioned on the trailer. It was sitting off to one side and i didn't trust it. it got jacked up one end at a time on the floor jack and pulled over with a ratchet strap. 

While Graham was pulling the front tires off, Steph and I got to reinforcing the steps. I attached a 4x4 and a 2x2 to the steps with about 30 screws. The boards are so bad that the wood on the steps was splitting. I will have to rebuild them soon. 

Then Steph took over tool organizing while I went to the crusty, rusty Dakota to see what all it needed. Pretty much every thing but a master cylinder. It appears that the main lines were replaced in the not too distant past. both front calipers are leaking, front rotors are shot, front flex lines are toast, rear drums are in a state of near disintegration, shoes are gone, all the hardware is rusted apart, and wheel cylinders are frozen. Mieneke gave him a quote of $2100. I thing we can get him on the road for about a grand depending on the price of parts. 

Once those tools were picked up and Graham headed across the street I pushed the Craftrsman LT off the stand and we got the Huskee up on it. 

Finally we zipped up the tent and  called it a night. I am beat.

I am loving these cordless tools though. Fixing the steps was super easy. 

• olcowhand, MH81, wvbuzzmaster and 1 other said thanks

#3717 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,483 Thanks
  • 39,716 posts

Posted March 16, 2016 - 07:11 PM

Glad you found out about that guy! I don't blame you for not wanting him around! Sounds like a busy day! Good luck on the rusty, crusty critter!

#3718 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted March 16, 2016 - 07:13 PM

My life would be much harder without my cordless tool, that's for sure!

#3719 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,315 Thanks
  • 28,632 posts

Posted March 16, 2016 - 09:59 PM

I use my tool kit everyday at work, most evenings and weekends.
I have 1.5, 3, & 6" Phillips, some extensions, step and reg drill bits for the impact and HF magnetic nut drivers for the impact. Also carry a 1/4" drive to 3/8 socket adapt and a socket set.
Wouldn't know what to do without it.
  • WNYTractorTinkerer said thank you

#3720 larrybl OFFLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,954 Thanks
  • 3,328 posts

Posted March 16, 2016 - 10:11 PM

I rarely use the electric drills. I have worn out many battery ones. I have found that I bought two Black & Decker drills I needed new batteries. The Batteries were 49 each, and a new BD with 2 batteries was 39? I got it but go figure they are not compatible. So I have 1 drill with two batteries.