#3691 SearsYellow OFFLINE  

SearsYellow

Mower Extraordinaire

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10530
  • 449 Thanks
  • 561 posts

Posted March 11, 2016 - 02:13 PM

Is this the same pumps they used the GT75?? If so I know a guy that has a few part machines.

• Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#3692 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,715 Thanks
  • 4,274 posts

Posted March 11, 2016 - 02:39 PM

Wonder if this place could help you out?

Visit us at our EBay store: Hydrostatic Transmission Service, LL

Sundstrand Or Eaton HYDROSTATIC/HYDRAULIC REPAIR PARTS

Sundstrand Or Eaton HYDROSTATIC/HYDRAULIC EQUIPMENT PARTS

clearpixel.gif clearpixel.gif  

CALL US FOR YOUR REPAIR ON DIFFICULT TO LOCATE Sundstrand Or Eaton HYDRAULIC PUMP,PUMPS MOTOR,MOTORS REPAIR PARTS, AND

MITSUBISHI, KAWASAKI, DAEWOO ,DYNAPOWER, LINDE, REXROTH, UCHIDA, YAMAHA, HITACHI, KOMATSU, LIEBHERR, POCLAIN, VOLVO, VICKERS, CESSNA, HYDROMATIK AND SUNDSTRAND AND EATON CLOSED LOOP AND OPEN LOOP HYDRAULIC PUMPS AND MOTORS PARTS.

clearpixel.gif       clearpixel.gif clearpixel.gif clearpixel.gif clearpixel.gif clearpixel.gif clearpixel.gif clearpixel.gif clearpixel.gif clearpixel.gif clearpixel.gif  

(800) 361-0068

2835 Westover Park Suite A 
Tupelo, MS 38801
Phone: (662) 680-8899
Toll Free: (800) 361-0068

Contact US

Email: info@hydrostatic-transmission.com

#3693 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,355 Thanks
  • 39,630 posts

Posted March 11, 2016 - 04:48 PM

Is this the same pumps they used the GT75?? If so I know a guy that has a few part machines.

Nope!

#3694 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,729 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted March 11, 2016 - 06:42 PM

Been holding out on me huh? If you could find out I would appreciate it. 

#3695 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,729 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted March 11, 2016 - 07:02 PM

Slightly frustrating day.

This morning my alarm went off and my body said HA! I was almost too sore to hit snooze. 

When I finally managed to move.

clover-coffee-maker-5.jpg

Heath had cereal. I decided to wait till after his Speech therapy to go out. It gave me a chance to rest a bit. 

During his speech therapy she was trying to get him to say plurals. Cats, Dogs, rats, etc. She pulled out a stack of cups and said, "Heath, what are these?" Heath looked at her like, "who ties your shoes for you" and said,"They are cups, Amy." l nearly wet myself laughing. I pretty much ended the lesson. 

When she left we headed outside. I got to tinkering with the Troy-Bilt. Once I had the rear up int he air with l looked at the deck. 

The story of this little LT is that it was bought new by an older person who used it for a short time and then died. I am guessing that the tractor sat outside for a while then was sold to the guy I got it from. You can tell it has very little usage.

It sat for so long that the deck spindles were frozen. Some oil and elbow grease and they turned free. I did find that one blade was bent pretty good. 

Heath and I took a ride to TSC. I got a set of blades for it and a belt for the Falcon and we left.

Once we got home I stuck the new blades on. Set the tractor down and tried to start it. No go. Steph came home and started helping me. Things go faster when I don't have to get up and down 4000000000 times. 

Valves out of adjustment. So I adjusted them. They were WAAAAAY out. I can only deduce that they were not tightened up properly at the factory.

Once I had it turning over properly it wouldn't start. I gave it a snort of brake cleaner and it fired. And immediately died. 

I pulled the anti-fire valve off and it literally looked like it had poop on it. I had to force the bowl off. More poop. The needle valve was completely frozen in the carb. 

I went to look in the engine graveyard for a carb. Graham came over to talk to me about fixing a co workers car. I found one carb out of 6 engines that wasn't gunked up. 

So I filled a coffee can with brake cleaner and seafoam and began to clean the carb up. after a little soaking I pulled the float off and the needle fell out. Much better. I use the air compressor to blow some crap clean then tossed it all in the coffee can and told Steph to find a lit. It can sit till tomorrow. Never tried soaking one in Seafoam, but it was all I had that wouldn't require me to completely disassemble the carb.

All this leads me to this train of thought on the TB. Old person bought it new, used it a couple times, whacked a stump or a rock, later on the tractor stopped running, was parked with the promise of repairing it, owner died, children found mower that wouldn't run and stuck it under a tree and left it, fuel turned to poop, eventually it was sold to the guy I got it from. 

The cordless impact was terrific. rather than spending time with a ratchet killing my hands all I had to do was push a button . I wish I had bought one years ago. 

Graham and I concluded our business talk then he took a look at all the tractors I hauled in this week. 

I am really hoping the Huskee and the Murray are easier to get going than this Troy- Bilt. 

• olcowhand, MH81 and backwoods have said thanks

#3696 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,729 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted March 11, 2016 - 07:10 PM

Wonder if this place could help you out?

Visit us at our EBay store: Hydrostatic Transmission Service, LL

Sundstrand Or Eaton HYDROSTATIC/HYDRAULIC REPAIR PARTS

Sundstrand Or Eaton HYDROSTATIC/HYDRAULIC EQUIPMENT PARTS

clearpixel.gifclearpixel.gif  

CALL US FOR YOUR REPAIR ON DIFFICULT TO LOCATE Sundstrand Or Eaton HYDRAULIC PUMP,PUMPS MOTOR,MOTORS REPAIR PARTS, AND

MITSUBISHI, KAWASAKI, DAEWOO ,DYNAPOWER, LINDE, REXROTH, UCHIDA, YAMAHA, HITACHI, KOMATSU, LIEBHERR, POCLAIN, VOLVO, VICKERS, CESSNA, HYDROMATIK AND SUNDSTRAND AND EATON CLOSED LOOP AND OPEN LOOP HYDRAULIC PUMPS AND MOTORS PARTS.

clearpixel.gif       clearpixel.gifclearpixel.gifclearpixel.gifclearpixel.gifclearpixel.gifclearpixel.gifclearpixel.gifclearpixel.gifclearpixel.gifclearpixel.gif  

(800) 361-0068

2835 Westover Park Suite A 
Tupelo, MS 38801
Phone: (662) 680-8899
Toll Free: (800) 361-0068

Contact US

Email: info@hydrostatic-transmission.com

I will check it out. 

#3697 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,729 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted March 11, 2016 - 07:15 PM

Nope!

Well that answers that. 

• olcowhand said thank you

#3698 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,210 Thanks
  • 28,584 posts

Posted March 11, 2016 - 08:44 PM

Good that you're making headway on the TB.
I love the plan tho... Get the worst one out of the way.

#3699 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,729 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted March 11, 2016 - 10:57 PM

Good that you're making headway on the TB.
I love the plan tho... Get the worst one out of the way.

I really thought the TB would be the easiest. I was just grabbing one and seeing what it needed. I figured the Murray would be the most time consuming. I hope I am wrong.

#3700 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,729 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted March 12, 2016 - 06:03 PM

Much was done.

tumblr_ns5mgdu6PH1qdnxhqo1_500.jpg

This morning we all slept in. Then things started happening.

We got outside and I pulled the carb out of the glop I had soaked it in overnight. It was nice and clean I may need to patent my glop.

Once the carb was on the Troy-bilt it fired right up. I did a happy dance then we reassembled the hood and engine covers and it came down off the stand. I made a video which I will post in 6 years when it is done uploading. 

Then we put some Fix-a-flat in the John Deer tires. I know it is evil horrible stuff, but it needed to hold air to sell. 

Then I made a video of it - which I will post in 12 years when it uploads.

Then I fired up the Power King. We aired up its tires and it seems to have held. I made a video which I will upload in 16 years when it is done. 

Then we got the Murray up on the stand. The trucks consulted on it for a while and decided it needed a starter.

sat.jpg

So we put on on it. I had to drain the gunk out of the gas tank and cleaned out the carb for good measure. It started immediately and died. I was scratching my head and Steph asked if I put gas in it. Duuh. SO it got gas. Then it wouldn't start at all. She asked if I had turned the fuel on. Duuh. IT started right up.

While it was on teh stand and running I engaged the blades. Nothing. Humm I looked. The belt appears to be about 18 feet too long. Steph looked under the deck and it only has 1 1/2 blades. I have never seen a half a blade on a tractor. I wonder what they hit. SO it has to wait. At least it runs. 

Then we repaired the air compressor. The new pressure switch worked perfectly.

We then picked up the mess I made during the week. 

We were going to go inside and I decided to try to get the Lawn Boy push mower started. It was not a rousing success. I finally had to take the carb off and a little brass disc fell out. Once I got the carb completely off I found it was the back butterfly. I put it back where it went and it seems to slide around. I may have to find a new carb for it. Since the carb was full of mud where the PO had run it with no air cleaner I dropped it in the bucket of glop for an overnight soak.

All day long Heath had been working on his tractors.

sat1.jpg

sat2.jpg

He cleared out a spot in the dirt under the carport and had a ball. 

Once all the forsale tractors were chained to a tree out front we called it a day. Steph wants to go eat a Ghengis Grill so I guess I am driving to Charlotte.

Edited by UncleWillie, March 12, 2016 - 11:30 PM.

• olcowhand, wvbuzzmaster and KennyP have said thanks

#3701 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,355 Thanks
  • 39,630 posts

Posted March 12, 2016 - 06:42 PM

Sounds like a productive day!

#3702 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,729 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted March 12, 2016 - 11:30 PM

Videos are up!

• wvbuzzmaster and KennyP have said thanks

#3703 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,729 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted March 13, 2016 - 05:06 PM

Making deals...

Time Change really messed me up.

I awoke to a ringing phone. People who cannot read calling about the tractors. I swear they see a phone number and call it without looking at anything else. 

One guy was close buy and wanted to come look at the Troybilt. I told him to come on. 

1329189321.png

I got dressed and made coffee and he arrived. He looked at the Troy and then he saw the JD. It started up but the blades refused to engage. I was scratching my head and then it hit me. I left a ground wire off the regulator. I couldn't find the old one so I made a new one right fast and it worked perfect. 

He gave me a fist full of money and I loaded the JD on my trailer and followed him home.  ON the way there I realized I had not had a cup of coffee yet. 

He had a Craftsman he wanted me to look at. I took and look and had to run because someone was on the way to look at the Troy.

I got home and had a cup of coffee and the guy pulled in. He brought his whole family and soon Heath and his 2 kids were running all over. We got the Troy fired up and he drove it straight to his truck. He handed me cash and we loaded it up. 

Since we were watching the kids play I forgot to get my battery out of the Troy. About 3 minutes after they left it dawned on me. I figured it was gone. About 5 minutes later there was a knock on the door. They came back to give me the battery back. Nice folks. 

I did some shopping online and found a complete spindle for the Murray for $40 - blade included.

Not planning on doing anything else today.

• olcowhand, MH81, wvbuzzmaster and 1 other said thanks

#3704 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,355 Thanks
  • 39,630 posts

Posted March 13, 2016 - 05:11 PM

Glad you got 2 sold!

#3705 ducky ONLINE  

ducky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 564
  • 1,623 Thanks
  • 3,860 posts

Posted March 13, 2016 - 05:37 PM

Willie  I think I would go with the drill bit shank idea as all it does is drive the charge pump.

• KennyP said thank you