wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,778 Thanks
  • 7,706 posts

Posted March 08, 2016 - 07:06 PM

Spring fever has infected us.

This morning I was up before my alarm went off. 

tue5.jpg

I got Heath up and fed and then we left - or tried to.

I pulled CherryBerry around front to hook it to Grady's trailer and found out that it wouldn't go. the way his tongue is made the latch for the ball was hitting the bumper and pushing it shut before it could drop over the ball. I had to back the truck up on the ramps to get it on.

Once we were finally hooked up we headed off to the bank. When we got there they had the ATM ripped out. I didn't want to have to get Heath out so we went to a different one. When we finally had cash we headed off.

It was about 1130 when we got to the guys house and loaded up two tractors. After we talked a bit we headed home.

At 1 we got to Sonic and had lunch. Heath inhaled some chicken nuggets then we had an ice cream sundae.

tue1.jpg

Once we were sated we headed across the road to Lowe's for carriage bolts, and drill bits. Then over to the car wash to blast off my new tractors.

Finally we got home and got unloaded.

tue2.jpg

tue3.jpg

tue4.jpg

Heath approves.

They look much better clean.

No time to mess with them because I had to finish up the Genny trailer. Right off the bat I snapped one of the new drill bits, but I figured out why. My drill chuck is all wonky. With a longer bit on it you can see it wobble. I am not sure how it got bent. Time for a new drill - possibly a cordless model. 

Once the genny was finished up I came in and got the jump box. All the fluids in the PK looked good so I hooked it up. gave it a short snort of starting fluid because I didnl thing anything was in the tank, and turned it over. It started and idled. I even drove it back and forth a little bit. It needs more charge in the battery for the clutch and electric lift to work, but it did run.

I was going to try to start the Murray, but a previous owner wrung of the starter terminal. The guy I got it from gave me a starter for it. I will fool with that later. 

Then I turned my attention to OldCrusty and the tiller. After a bit of coaxing I got Crusty to start, but it will need a fuel filter. I would have sworn I ran that thing dry last year, but I guess I didn't. I tried to start the tiller and found that it has a stuck float. It is pouring fuel out of the carb. Oh well. My fault for not running it out. 

Finally my back was saying spring time or not it was time to stop. When Steph gets home I will get her to help me pick up my tools. I couldn't get back down again to do it. 

• olcowhand, wvbuzzmaster, Craig. and 1 other said thanks

#3666 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,778 Thanks
  • 7,706 posts

Posted March 08, 2016 - 09:24 PM

Just found that the Power King has an Eaton 11 in it that I need a part from to fix the FF. So tempting, but if I don't make money on this deal Steph may shoot me. LOL

• MH81 said thank you

#3667 Diesel1050 OFFLINE  

Diesel1050

Diesel Nut!

• Member No: 69580
  • 348 Thanks
  • 396 posts

Posted March 08, 2016 - 09:26 PM

The PK can't.....it says gear drive but thr Eaton is a hudro.....??

#3668 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,778 Thanks
  • 7,706 posts

Posted March 08, 2016 - 09:55 PM

it is a geared hydro from what I have read
http://www.tractorda...-king-1212.html

#3669 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,778 Thanks
  • 7,706 posts

Posted March 09, 2016 - 12:43 PM

Teaser

IMG_20160309_124052474.jpg
  • Craig. said thank you

#3670 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,244 Thanks
  • 5,083 posts

Posted March 09, 2016 - 02:55 PM

The tractors are flowing in.

Some kind of mtd?

Edited by toomanytoys84, March 09, 2016 - 02:55 PM.

#3671 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,778 Thanks
  • 7,706 posts

Posted March 09, 2016 - 09:38 PM

Another long one.

Heath and I got up at 9.

12806233_10157277524130377_4028289567512

We were out the door at 945.

On the way up to get two more trailers I noticed that every time I made a right hand turn the Grady's trailer would scream. I figured I should investigate that when I got home. 

One was a little Huskee (Troybilt) and the other was a Snapper. 

We got loaded up and headed home by 12. We stopped for drinks and crackers at a little market. I put Heath in his seat and got to thinking about the Snapper since it was a hydro and needs lots of work I thought I might investigate the hydro. It is an Eaton 11 so the Buzzard will be getting resurrected and the Snapper will be parted out. 

We then headed to the car wash. I blasted the gunk off the Huskee and sprayed the Snapper till the time ran out. While I was spraying I noticed the drivers side wheel of the trailer was coated in grease. Hummmm. When I sprayed the hub with the wand the hub moved. Let me know what was squealing.

We got home and unloaded.

wed6.JPG

wed4.JPG

wed5.JPG

wed3.JPG

Got a bagger too

wed2.JPG

I got the trailer up in the air and pulled the tire off. I could move the bearing cap with my hands. Once I got it off and found that there was still grease in it I looked in the shop for a new bearing cap. I found a brand new bearing kit. Since his bearing still seemed to be good I just greased them and put the new cap on. No more noise. 

Heath helped with reassembly.

Then I turned my attention to the John Deere G100. I knew it would run on ether, but had not managed to get it to stay running. 

First I had to hunt down all the bolts for the engine cover. Some how the coffee can they were in got moved and filled with wrenches. Took a while to solve that mystery. Then I put the cover back on it and tried to start it. No go.

There was no fuel getting drawn through the lines so I got one of my spares and put it on. That solved one problem but it still wasn't starting.

After about 2 hours of tinkering I had to have a break. The battery needed a charge too I had been running it on the jump box and that was dying. 

We came inside and Heath immediately asked for Oatmeal. OK. I made him a bowl of oatmeal. About 5 minutes later he asked for more. 

We took about a 45 minute break then headed back outside. I put one hand on the anti-back fire valve and turned the the key. No click. So I pulled the valve off. When I hooked it to the battery charger I got nothing. So I took it apart. The plunger was stuck. Once I put it back together it worked. 

Steph got home about 630. I told her to pull the Blazer around front and put it up on the ramps so we could unhook Grady's trailer ( I think I explained that)

The carb got reassembled and I turned the key. It started Woohoooo. 

I shut it off and walked around front. Steph had the trailer up on the ramps. I explained that she got it wrong and then went back and started the Deere again. It instantly started but only runs at low throttle. I am pretty sure the throttle spring fell off the linkage. I left it idling and went back around front. 

This time Steph got things right and we were able to unhook it. Then she pulled Christine over to the drive and we hooked it to the trailer. 

Once we had CherryBerry hooked to my trailer and got the bagger out of it, I shut the Deere off and got in Christine to return the trailer. It didn't scream the whole way there. 

At around 730 I got home. I am worn out and smell slightly of gasoline. I am going to take a shower and go to bed. 

• MH81 and KennyP have said thanks

#3672 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,343 Thanks
  • 28,648 posts

Posted March 10, 2016 - 12:04 AM

"Don't wipe it on your shirt"
Spoken like a man whose wife just told him a little while ago not to let Heath get his new shirt dirty.

#3673 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,657 Thanks
  • 29,842 posts

Posted March 10, 2016 - 07:04 AM

Willie, it appears the little snapper isn't hydraulic lift.  I can't remember exactly what part you needed for the FF, but I think there may be differences between charge pumps on non ported vs ported for hydraulics.  I hope I'm wrong and it has your needed parts.

#3674 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,778 Thanks
  • 7,706 posts

Posted March 10, 2016 - 10:16 AM

"Don't wipe it on your shirt"
Spoken like a man whose wife just told him a little while ago not to let Heath get his new shirt dirty.

He had about a pound of grease on his hand.
  • MH81 said thank you

#3675 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,778 Thanks
  • 7,706 posts

Posted March 10, 2016 - 10:45 AM

Willie, it appears the little snapper isn't hydraulic lift.  I can't remember exactly what part you needed for the FF, but I think there may be differences between charge pumps on non ported vs ported for hydraulics.  I hope I'm wrong and it has your needed parts.

Well, dang. It has been so long since I had mine apart I forgot what part I needed exactly. I looked at the manuals for both tractors and the snapper doesnt have the part.

I need the carrier drive pin for thee charge pump.

I got all excited for nothing.
  • MH81 said thank you