• Please log in to reply
4856 replies to this topic

#3646 backwoods OFFLINE  

backwoods
  • Member No: 8613
  • 2,574 Thanks
  • 2,791 posts

Posted March 05, 2016 - 08:20 AM

Oh wow that's the first I've heard of one not keeping a phone safe that must have been a ton of water

#3647 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,996 Thanks
  • 5,501 posts

Posted March 05, 2016 - 09:50 AM

Heck I'd just be happy if my otterbox actually stayed together.

#3648 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 14,397 Thanks
  • 8,258 posts

Posted March 05, 2016 - 02:58 PM

Oh wow that's the first I've heard of one not keeping a phone safe that must have been a ton of water

It was about 40 gallons of ice cold water. I was drenched from nose to toes. I might as well have just jumped in a pool. 

• backwoods and WNYTractorTinkerer have said thanks

#3649 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 29,718 Thanks
  • 29,663 posts

Posted March 05, 2016 - 03:26 PM

Heck I'd just be happy if my otterbox actually stayed together.

If you contact them, they will replace it.
Guy at work has one and he was having similar issues. He contacted them via web and they sent him a new one.

#3650 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• 8,996 Thanks
  • 5,501 posts

Posted March 05, 2016 - 03:50 PM

If you contact them, they will replace it.
Guy at work has one and he was having similar issues. He contacted them via web and they sent him a new one.

4 cases when I had my iPhone 4 and 2 for this droid turbo. I gave up. I'm glad I bought this case new at a flea market for 15 dollars instead of 50!

Now they charge you 2.99 to do it. It's only 3 dollars but still. Warranty that costs you.

#3651 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 14,397 Thanks
  • 8,258 posts

Posted March 05, 2016 - 07:18 PM

Busy Saturday.

Last night I finally managed to get some rest. Two glasses of Makers Mark and I was in bed by 9. I was exhausted. At 10am someone came to the house. Steph didn't know who it was and I couldn't get up because my back had become one with the mattress. By the time I got stood up they were gone. 

SO we all got up. I don't know what time Steph and Heath went to bed.

I went in the  Kitchen and realized what I forgot to tell Steph to get at the store - coffee. 

I got dressed and left to get some. I got back and there was a car in the driveway again. It was the guy whose name I can't remember's nephew. I had told his uncle he could borrow my tow dolly to go get a car. He checking to make sure they could still use it.  I told him it was fine and he left. I came in to make coffee. 

I had about a half cup of coffee and they were back. He dropped off  the radial arm saw we traded for, We got them hooked up and they left. I came in an actually got to have a cup of coffee - although I got 3 phone calls.

Black_Boot_final_copy_large.png?v=142145

Then we all went outside. Heath went nuts, gunner stayed close because he had the shock collar on, Steph helped me get the front seats out of CherryBerry. 

Since it has gotten harder and harder for me to get out of Christine I will now be driving CB. The split bench seat in it was super uncomfortable. So it came out and the nice comfy buckets we took out of Christine this summer ( and replaced with a bench) went in CB. I also swapped out the drivers side seat belt for a better one. 

Once that was done we loaded up 2 tractors on the trailer and I called Graham to see if he wanted to go for a ride. His wife is out of town and he is a bit stir crazy without her.  SO he and Heath and I went up to LeeBo's house. (I only remember his name because he wrote it down with his phone number. )

LeeBo had the truck unloaded in a heartbeat. I didn't even have to touch the tractors. 

They were working on swapping an engine into a 83 Chevy truck that they bought sans engine. They had chrome valve covers, breather, and carb. Heath crawled up on it and said, "Wow, Daddy, WOW!" over and over. I think he likes chrome. 

A short drive home and I dropped Graham at his house then Heath and I came inside for a shower.

Once we were all clean and dressed we loaded up in CherryBerry. My old work boots were done for and I had to have a new pair. 

On the way south we stopped at Bojangle's. Heath inhaled a biscuit with strawberry jelly. We headed on.

There is a store in Gaffney that has discount footwear and clothing. They are all factory seconds. After some hunting and trying on I found a set of boots almost identical to the old ones. Steph and Heath didn't find anything they wanted. I left with a new pair of Wolverine boots with a scuff on the toe, a new pair of Walls non insulated coveralls (Size 52 so I can wear it over anything else I have on), and 6 pairs of Wolverine socks, grand total $68.

We tried to think of something else to do down there but nothing struck our fancy. We came home. 

The tow dolly still isn't home. If it doesn't come back tomorrow I will ride down and take a look. 

The seats were a definite improvement. I could actually walk when I got home. 

boots.JPG

• olcowhand, MH81, wvbuzzmaster and 2 others have said thanks

#3652 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• 8,996 Thanks
  • 5,501 posts

Posted March 05, 2016 - 07:41 PM

How's progress on spooky? I may of missed an update.

#3653 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 14,397 Thanks
  • 8,258 posts

Posted March 05, 2016 - 09:12 PM

How's progress on spooky? I may of missed an update.

Ahhh the million dollar question. I haven't been able to get out there to work on it. I have about 2 days of work - IF i can get out there to do it.

• KennyP and toomanytoys84 have said thanks

#3654 jpackard56 OFFLINE  

jpackard56

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7225
  • 1,837 Thanks
  • 1,434 posts

Posted March 06, 2016 - 01:27 PM

Those new boots will help with back issues as well, good deal :thumbs:

#3655 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 14,397 Thanks
  • 8,258 posts

Posted March 06, 2016 - 05:58 PM

And today we ran...

This morning I got up before everyone else. Even Gunner kept right on snoring. 

shopping-cart-filled-coffee-beans-197291

Yesterday the new Bunn puked all over the counter. I looked at the manual and they recommended only Bunn filters. I told Steph to get some. No puking this morning. I compared the two filters, the Bunn has a smaller diameter circlular base and taller sides than the generic ones. I guess that is the difference.

When we bought the pack of 500 filters the first half of them worked great and the last half didn't. I guess they manufacture them differently to make them stack. 

When it was time I turned on music. Heath was dancing when Steph went back to let him loose. 

After everyone was wide tailed and bushy eyed (somewhere about 1045) we headed outside, got in CherryBerry, and left.

Seeing as it was Sunday Heath and I had to take care of our Sunday ritual. We weren't going by Ace hardware, but we were going past a gas station. Steph ran in a got him a orange soda, m&ms she got me a Milky Way Dark. Then we rolled on up to Conover. 

A guy up there has been calling me for a while about some tractors he has. He is having to stop working on them due to health problems and he wants his garage cleaned out. He made me a super deal on 6 tractors: a Troy Bilt pony, the exact same tractor as the pony but with the Murray name, an older Murray, a big snapper with a dozer blade, a Power (Plastic) King, a one I forget but it was a murray or something like that. He priced them low so I told them I would buy them. I would have brought one home today, but I didn't want to have to leave and go to the bank and come back. I forgot to stop on the way up. Steph agreed it was a smoking deal so I feel good about the investment. 

She wanted to go to the mall. I told her my back might not make it far, but I would try. We got to the food court and ate, my back was not happy and there were a bijillion people there - not my favorite thing. So we left. 

We got home and moved a couple of things in teh yard - including Heath's trampoline.  Heath went nuts bouncing after it was moved.

Then we got Juan Deere up on the stand. On  whim I removed the carburetor condom, hooked it up to CherryBerrys battery, gave it a snort of ether, and turned the key. It ran beautifully for 10 seconds or so.

I put the condoms back on and covered it up. Tomorrow I will put the engine back together, and get it ready for some rattle cans. After I sell one of the tractors I get tomorrow I will buy a new hood and possibly a seat. I think I sold my last JD seat.

juan1.JPG

juan.JPG

Heath and Steph played on the trampoline. It was a hoot to watch. 

The idiot neighbor ran his battery in his truck dead listening to the radio. He tried to jump it off with his wife's Hyindai. that didn't work. Then he hooked it up to a battery charger. That didn't work. If he was nice I would have carried my jump box over and started it. After a while his wife left.

Steph went to tent to her rabbits and Heath and I raced his Thomas trains across the trampoline. 

Idiots wife came back with something and in about 30 minutes the truck was running.

After a couple of hours of fun and sunshine my back was done. I came in. 

Shortly afterward Heath and Steph and gunner came in. 

Steph needed something from the store for supper so she left. Heath asked for a PB&J and hasn't moved since. He is exhausted. 

It was a great day though.

• olcowhand, TheFarm2004, MH81 and 1 other said thanks

#3656 larrybl OFFLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 415
  • 6,307 Thanks
  • 4,039 posts

Posted March 06, 2016 - 07:35 PM

"and get it ready for some rattle cans" Need some pointers? I am back at working on BOH.

Attached Thumbnails

• 9 bench 3.JPG

• olcowhand said thank you

#3657 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 14,397 Thanks
  • 8,258 posts

Posted March 06, 2016 - 08:54 PM

"and get it ready for some rattle cans" Need some pointers? I am back at working on BOH.

Just don't aim the hole towards my face, right?

• larrybl and KennyP have said thanks

#3658 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 29,718 Thanks
  • 29,663 posts

Posted March 06, 2016 - 08:59 PM

Just don't aim the hole towards my face, right?

Ask Steph if she thinks it might be a good idea after all
  • KennyP and UncleWillie have said thanks

#3659 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 14,397 Thanks
  • 8,258 posts

Posted March 07, 2016 - 08:27 PM

Best Monday in a long time. 

This morning Heath, Gunner, and I got moving at about 930.

herc.JPG

We weren't inside long. Poptarts and juice we headed out.

Gunner has not been for a ride in the truck since we first got him. He had bad car sickness. Since that sometimes goes away we tried again. We three fellers loaded up in Christine and headed down to the gas station to get fuel for the tractor and other things. 

monday9.jpg

monday8.jpg

While I was paying I grabbed a bag of beef jerky. Outside I gave Gunner and Heath some and then pumped gas. 

Everyone was coming up and commenting on how pretty and well behaved he was. I told them I bribed him. An old guy pulled up behind me and he had a little poodle. I gave her a piece of jerky and made two friends on the spot.

Gunner didn't ralph so we may try a longer trip later on. 

We got home and Heath set about to destroy the yard. I got busy on a project that has been put off too long, and now needs to be done quickly. I had to get the generator mounted on its trailer. 

About 5 years back I got this generator for $25. It had been in an ice cream truck and was plumbed in to the fuel, exhaust, and electrical. There was no way I could test it and the guy agreed to the price. I brought it home and got it running and put it on a little trailer that sat about 4 inches off the ground, and the tires wouldn't stay on. I had been given a HF 4x4 trailer that sat with a pallet on it for a year or so. I also had an old aluminum dock ramp that I had been saving for something. So I fired up the Hemorrhoid and dragged everything over to one spot. 

I found that the dock had some of the lousiest welds I have ever seen. Honestly I think I could have done a better job.

monday6.jpg

Once I had the steel unbolted I tossed the plate on the trailer.

monday7.jpg

It is a bit wonky.

monday5.jpg

I grabbed some self tapping screws and tried to put it down. No dice. They would not make the transition from aluminum to steel without breaking. So I had to get out the drill. I broke umpteen bits and was getting a bit flustered when my buddy, whose name I can never remember - but who told me his name was Garland today, came by and brought back the tow dolly. 

He tried to back it up the hill to where it had been parked and after I had a good laugh I had to stop him before he tore something up. I told him to just leave it down in the field and I would move it later.

He gave me a hand with the deck and even loaned me his cordless drill. It made things much easier, and since it ran slower it stopped breaking bits.

Grady showed up to pull the window out of the suburban. It took some doing to get the damaged back door open since the guy who had it at his shop tore it up. 

Finally, I got it open and we got the window out. I sent a picture of it to the gal who wanted it and it was the wrong one. Oh well. I can put it back in. 

monday4.jpg

I talked to Grady for a bit then he had to go. He left his trailer here for me to take to Hickory tomorrow. 

Heath found something new to climb on - a Wheel Horse dozer blade.

monday3.jpg

Garland helped me get the deck bolted down then I had to rest. He had some stuff to do so he headed home. 

After a cup of joe I tried pushing my little Hoyer lift over to get the generator off the tiny trailer. It sat so low there was no way to do it. I did find that the genny slid very easily on the trailer.  Then I dragged it over behind the bigger trailer.

I used the Hoyer lift to pick it up and set it on the trailer.  Nice and easy. 

monday2.jpg

When I got it up there I noticed, for the first time, that it still had all the electric start stuff on it. We had always started it with a rope. I can't remember if we ever hooked it to a battery or not.

I went back and stole the battery out of the Gravley and hooked it up to the Genny. It did nothing when I turned the key. I looked at the wiring and there was a loose connection. I hooked it up and it turned over. Then I rigged up the fuel tank out of the DragonFly (that is still at the Grady's shop waiting for paint). After it turned over for about 15 seconds it fired right up. Much easier than pulling the rope. (At some point in the future my slow internet will upload the video.)

Then I needed to find a way to hold the Genny down to the trailer. I thought for a while and figured making some brackets was the answer. I looked around for something to make some out of and found nothing. I did run across a JD electric clutch and I remembered that Reid had called me and said that the clutch I brought him for the Bush Hog was the wrong one. 

I measured the clutch and it was for a one inch shaft and was what I needed. Then I found a 1 inch strip of aluminum from a sign I had been cutting pieces off of.  I used it and made a template of what I needed for clamps and then called Reid. He was in his shop so Heath and I headed over. 

I could not find Heaths shoes and there was no way I was letting him run barefoot in Reid's shop. I left him in the truck to watch Thomas videos on my phone. 

After a little figuring and head scratching he made me some beautiful brackets.

monday.jpg

I always feel like I am taking advantage of him so I tried to pay him. I think it insulted him. He said that we do so much trading that is worth more to him than money. He pointed to the belt sander he just got from me and said we are even. LOL.

It was 530 by the time we got back. I was tired and my back was hurting. I let Heath  bounce on the trampoline while I tossed all the tools in the Genny trailer and covered it with a tarp. Then once I had located his boots we came in. Gunner is so tired from running around off his chain all day that he fell asleep just inside the door. 

I gave Heath a banana and some juice and he collapsed on the couch. 

• olcowhand, wvbuzzmaster, KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#3660 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,662 Thanks
  • 7,409 posts

Posted March 07, 2016 - 09:03 PM

Looking quite excellent Willie.