UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,728 Thanks
  • 7,692 posts

Posted February 21, 2016 - 08:51 PM

Oh and the green cake is a train cake. Heath thought it was great. He was a bit upset when we cut it, then he ate some and wall was well. 

• olcowhand, larrybl and KennyP have said thanks

#3587 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,728 Thanks
  • 7,692 posts

Posted February 22, 2016 - 07:26 PM

Long day today. 

Steph had to report for Jury duty this morning, I had a doctors appointment so I needed Christine, so I had to get up too.

I was so sore from yesterday it was all I could do to get dressed. I think if I had showed up at the court house in my sleeping (un) attire I might have been in a courtroom myself.

ee5daf89c61fd917c380a43e78cfe30f.jpg

After a drive to Dallas and back, Heath and I had some breakfast. I offered him oatmeal, he grabbed a bag of chips. I was too sore to care. I had grapes.

Then we saddled up and drove to Denver to the doc. I have had lots of pain in my ...ummm... man area when my back spasms. He said there was nothing he could see and scheduled me fo ran ultrasound. If nothing shows up on that we need to MRI my back. Oh boy.

Then Heath and I went to TSC. I grabbed a few things. We got a thing of orange slices. And headed home.

I sat down for about 20 minutes and my phone rang. Steph was ready to come home. So I went and back to Dallas to get her. 

Once we got home and changed into work clothes, we worked on getting the leak on  CherryBerry fixed. I put 2 clamps on each end of the rubber hose splice of the transmission cooling lines. It didn't hold. Sometimes it does, this time it didn't. 

Since I needed clean cuts on each end of the trans line I went to find my tubing cutter. It was no where to be found. SO I called a  friend down the road and he had one. I told Steph to hurry there and back.

One I had one end cut off of one line I gave it to her and sent her to Napa for compression fittings. I cut off the other 3 ends then went inside and waited. 

It took a bit of doing to get the compression fittings on. My hands and shoulders were hurting so bad it was hard to manipulate them. Once they were on and the trans we refilled there were no more leaks. 

I took a drive and  I have no first gear. It takes it about 4 weeks to go from 0- 30 then it flies. And no the shift linkage is not misaligned. When I put the truck in OD it should go 1, 2, 3, OD. It goes 2, 3, OD, reverse works fine. I will call the trans shop tomorrow to see what he says.

I took Tim's tubing cutter back to him and then came home. 

I am beat. 

Heath was crying and we couldn't figure out why. he has cuts on his right pinkie and ring finger. After some neosporin and band aids he is all good. 

I plan to fall out early. Steph has to report back to the courthouse at 10am. They didn't do anything today but swear them in. Tomorrow they see if they are on a case. 

Edit: BTW round trips to Dallas, Denver, and Dallas. 1/4 tank.   :D  :D

Edited by UncleWillie, February 22, 2016 - 07:31 PM.

• olcowhand, MH81, KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#3588 larrybl ONLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 415
  • 4,938 Thanks
  • 3,320 posts

Posted February 22, 2016 - 08:06 PM

"BTW round trips to Dallas, Denver, and Dallas. 1/4 tank" I think a trip like that in Texas would take more than 1/4 tank :poke: .

I think your body is asking for a year off. :wave:

• olcowhand and WNYTractorTinkerer have said thanks

#3589 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,555 Thanks
  • 29,815 posts

Posted February 22, 2016 - 08:38 PM

WOW!  From North Carolina to Texas, then to Colorado, back to Texas, then home to NC......just how large is your fuel tank?!!!!!!!!!!

• jpackard56 said thank you

#3590 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,728 Thanks
  • 7,692 posts

Posted February 22, 2016 - 10:17 PM

WOW!  From North Carolina to Texas, then to Colorado, back to Texas, then home to NC......just how large is your fuel tank?!!!!!!!!!!

huuuuuuuuuuge
  • KennyP said thank you

#3591 jpackard56 OFFLINE  

jpackard56

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7225
  • 1,768 Thanks
  • 1,407 posts

Posted February 23, 2016 - 10:21 AM

I normally get gas before two hundred miles on odometer, Willies 4.3 must be WAY better than mine !

huuuuuuuuuuge

I was traveling last weekend and driving straight into that wind crossing IN. Gas gauge is way off, so usually watch the odometer. First tank 170.9 miles 10.57 gallons ( only a light wind, some gusts) next tank lots of wind, a few downshifts out of 5th on hills, pulled in at 186.6 miles took 14.945 gallons !!! only a 15 gallon tank !!

#3592 Robert Webb OFFLINE  

Robert Webb

• Member No: 6780
  • 878 Thanks
  • 419 posts

Posted February 23, 2016 - 03:30 PM

if he is going from Denver to Dallas and back to Denver all before lunch.............he has something more than a little 4.3 under the hood...........lol

• MH81 and KennyP have said thanks

#3593 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,728 Thanks
  • 7,692 posts

Posted February 23, 2016 - 03:40 PM

Noooooooo Christine has a 2.8L or slightly more than  half a 4.3 LOL

#3594 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,728 Thanks
  • 7,692 posts

Posted February 23, 2016 - 04:48 PM

And sometimes you just feel stupid.

After yesterdays disappointment with CherryBerry I was not in a  great mood last night. I was also sore and tired 

Steph had jury duty this morning and I have no idea what time she left. I woke up at about 11. My body crashed.

plug3.JPG

I tried calling the transmission shop and got Greg's voicemail. I left a message and then started looking online for answers.

I went out and got the trouble codes that were stored and ran them. I also checked every fuse. They were all good. 

I came in and searched some more. Greg called. He was stumped. He said he was going to have the guy who actually did the rebuild call me. We talked a bit more and he mentioned plugs. It dawned on me that I had asked Steph for a wrench to tighten the transfer case plug and then i had a coughing fit and had to walk away. I didn't remember ever tightening it up after that.

I went out and found something to lay on so I didn't drown and then found that Steph evidently tightened it while I was trying to hack up my spleen. (I will be glad when this sinus stuff goes away).

I came back in.  There was a picture of the plug for the transmission, that finally loaded while I was outside, on the screen.

To look at it you would think there is only one way it can be installed.

plug1.JPG

Then I saw this pic.

plug.JPG

Odd that it has an arrow if it only goes on one way. Hummmmm. I went back out. 

I felt for the arrow (you cannot see it with the trans installed) and there was none. So I pulled the plug out. Rotated it 180 degrees and put it backing. 

I then crawled in the drivers seat, started it up, slapped it in drive, and goosed the throttle. I sent showers of gravel all over the yard, shot out to the blacktop, and left a 200 foot long rubber streak on the pavement. Well, that is more like it.

I called Greg. He didn't know it could be plugged in backwards either.

I was going to load Heath up and go to the car wash, but I remembered that when I came in the last time last night Steph said there was trans fluid dripping. Since she tried pumping fluid in the trans with the pump tube stuck on an intake bolt (not very effective) I wasn't sure if it was a actual leak or just where she sprayed it everywhere. When she gets home I will go out and get her to assist me in finding out. 

• olcowhand, MH81, Alc and 2 others have said thanks

#3595 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,344 Thanks
  • 39,622 posts

Posted February 23, 2016 - 04:58 PM

Glad you found that issue! Good luck with the leak!

#3596 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,206 Thanks
  • 28,581 posts

Posted February 23, 2016 - 05:25 PM

Isn't it nice when the problem is easy to fix and no more money needs to be spent?

#3597 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,728 Thanks
  • 7,692 posts

Posted February 23, 2016 - 06:33 PM

Isn't it nice when the problem is easy to fix and no more money needs to be spent?

Yeah but it would have been nice if it only went in one direction and I didn't have to lay on the cold wet ground to find it.

No new leaks. Did a monster NHRA burnout in the road in celebration.

• olcowhand, MH81, Alc and 3 others have said thanks

#3598 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,555 Thanks
  • 29,815 posts

Posted February 23, 2016 - 08:08 PM

Great to hear Willie!  I know putting in that trans had to be painful to do, and especially painful to have problems with it once in.  

#3599 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,728 Thanks
  • 7,692 posts

Posted February 24, 2016 - 06:56 PM

I woke up in a windstorm!

This morning we had super high winds. Then as I was getting moving the pacific ocean arrived. It rained so hard I could not see the front porch!! for about 3 hours.

coffee_bean_wave.jpg

WHen that stopped Heath and I went outside. It was still super windy but it wasn't raining.

The tarp on the tent building had gathered about 30- 40 gallons of water. I started pushing up on the tarp and then just as the water began to pour over the edge - the wind shifted. I got drenched from chin to toes. It was cold!

I had a pocket full of tools so I went in the shop and dumped them and my phone on the desk and went about cleaning up all the stuff that blew in the yard. 

While I was doing that a regular (whose name I can never remember) showed up. He was looking for a mower tire. A box blew out of his burn barren and landed on the front tire of his neighbors tractor. Wasn't good for the tire. 

Before he left he helped me fold up the tarp we were covering the Blazer with We got the first fold made and there was a sudden gust of wind that filled the tarp like a parachute and nearly drug us both off our feet.

After he left I went to the shop and saw I had missed a phone call. I picked up the phone and water ran out of it. OOPS.

We cleaned up some more and then Heath and I came in. He was covered in mud up to his waist.

I took the phone apart and dried it with a hair drier. Everything but the screen works. I verified that by taking apart the phone Steph ran over and putting that broken screen on my phone. It lit right up. So I got online and found a new digitizer for $27. It will be here Friday. Until then I cannot be reached. 

Steph got back from court. She is on a DUI jury. 

We went outside and hooked the Blazer up to the trailer that still has the John Deere on it. I would have attempted it myself if it had not rained. As it was I had to push it the last foot or so to get it hooked up. It is a swamp outside.  Tomorrow I should be able to get the Blazer and tractor to the car wash and blast them clean. 

• olcowhand, MH81, KennyP and 2 others have said thanks

#3600 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,555 Thanks
  • 29,815 posts

Posted February 24, 2016 - 07:29 PM

Understand the rain.  Just as we were "beginning" to dry out, more rain, and now snow.  The ground is mush.