UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted February 10, 2016 - 12:08 PM

Now you'll have a hard time attracting that bunny back in to the trap!

After several month on the lam after a daring escape. This fugitive has eluded capture, escaped several intensive searches, dodged bullets, and kept authorities at bay. He finally succumbed to his greed and was captured this morning without further incident. He was placed in a holding cell and awaits prosecution. 

12718357_10154038341314739_1682098005553

• olcowhand, Craig., KennyP and 2 others have said thanks

#3542 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,371 Thanks
  • 39,644 posts

Posted February 10, 2016 - 12:43 PM

:thumbs: :rocker2: :worshippy1:  Way to go!

• Craig. and jpackard56 have said thanks

#3543 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,228 Thanks
  • 28,593 posts

Posted February 10, 2016 - 06:42 PM

Prosecution

With carrots and celery And a cake for desert?
  • Craig. said thank you

#3544 Bmerf ONLINE  

Bmerf

Patina Farmer / Rust Collector

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9846
  • 1,707 Thanks
  • 1,444 posts

Posted February 10, 2016 - 09:58 PM

I bet he (or she) gets the death sentence and gets cooked with the celery and carrots.

• Craig. and UncleWillie have said thanks

#3545 motobreeder OFFLINE  

motobreeder

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3989
  • 425 Thanks
  • 611 posts

Posted February 11, 2016 - 12:02 AM

Maybe he will be invited to stay for dinner.

• Craig. said thank you

#3546 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted February 11, 2016 - 09:06 PM

I actually got a descent nights sleep for a change. 

f32d7c86347321c3a235cf84d4d8a177.jpg

Heath had a speech therapy session and then a reevaluation immediately following that so I just let him do whatever he wanted to this morning. 

Both sessions together were an hour and a half long. That is a long time for a little feller to have to concentrate. Of course since the income of the speech therapy place is dependent on his taking the classes I have a feeling that he will fail no matter what. He was answering questions on a 7 year old level though. 

After they left we headed outside. I wanted to get the solenoid on The Rescue Ranger and get the winch working. It didn't happen. The meds I take sometimes make simple tasks impossible. And today they did. I had the hardest time getting the self drilling screws in. That should have been fairly simple. 

After about 3 hours of wrestling with it I have it in, but need one more piece of wire to hook it up. 

After that long sitting on a 5 gallon bucket my back said no more. I hobbled in the house and sat down. Heath, of course, waited till I got sat down then came in wanting a sandwich. I told him he had to wait for momma to get home. 

As soon as Steph walked in she was accosted by the little munchkin. She cooked sloppy joes and he inhaled one. I felt bad making him wait, but I don't think I could have stood long enough to make a PB&J. I suppose I could have laid in the floor and made one. 

Hopefully tomorrow we can get more done. 

• olcowhand, wvbuzzmaster, Craig. and 1 other said thanks

#3547 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted February 13, 2016 - 05:56 PM

No sleep again last night. 

We were in bed early. Well early for us. About 11. 

Steph has a cold so it sounded like I was laying next to a drowning person. As I slowly drifted off I was snapped back to consciousness by the dogs going nuts. 

I went outside to see what was going on and heard vehicles down the hill. I couldn't tell what they were doing. Then about 4 seconds later two lifted dark colored Dodge trucks with no exhaust came roaring up the hill. They charged around the corner without stopping and went tearing off towards town. They came back through once after that. I wish I knew who they were. 

I got back to bed and managed to doze off somewhere around 3am to the sounds of Steph's gurgling. 

This morning at 10 I got everyone up. 

the_snowy_coffee_ii_by_kitsune__kami-d5r

A guy that lives about 30 minutes away had some tractors he wanted me to look at. Heath wanted to go with me so we loaded up in Christine and dragged the trailer up the road. 

The fuel gauge was bouncing (which means it is about out) so I pulled in to a gas station and filled up. It only took 8 gallons. I have no idea what was going on. I got Heath an orange soda and some peanut butter crackers and then we headed up to the ATM to get some cash.

When we got there I knew immediately he was going to want more than I wanted to pay. All his tractors are ready to sell. All clean and running perfect. He did have one big Snapper than I was interested in. It only needs a drive belt and an idler pulley. I told him I would come back after I got paid to get it. 

We headed home and as we got to the 4 way stop close to home there was a broken down car in the ditch. I slowed down to look at it and was considering putting a business card on it, but I didn't have any.

As I turned my head back to the intersection I saw smoke. 

A guy in a white Buick Century ran the 4 way stop and clipped a  Chevy Corsica that was in front of me, then ran off into the trees on the other side of the road. I immediately pulled over. A Lincoln County Sheriffs Deputy was behind the Buick. He was out of his jurisdiction, but he stopped and called it in. No one was hurt. The driver of the Buick was in his late 80s and probably shouldn't have been driving. Heath and I headed on home. 

Yesterday Steph picked up a 2009 Lawnboy push mower for me. It was missing the air box so I got the serial numbers and looked it up. A new one was going to be about $40. I found a used one of Ebay for $12. So I ordered it. 

Then I wandered outside to look at the Ranger again. The more I looked at it the less I liked it. I did get the winch working properly. The POs hacktastic job on it and the general condition of the frame made my decision for me. I will pull the winch assembly off and put it on the Faclon. 

I shot a video that will be posted at some time in the future. My internet is so slow it may be next week before it processes.

As I finished that up my oldest daughter, Emily, called. She was at a park with her boyfriend. I scared him half to death. Then they had to go. 

I finally came in. They are calling for snow tonight. When Heath and I were out all the roads are already salted. I guess they mean business this time. 

• olcowhand, MH81, wvbuzzmaster and 3 others have said thanks

#3548 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,227 Thanks
  • 5,069 posts

Posted February 13, 2016 - 05:59 PM

Man that is an odd pairing of cars in 2016. I haven't seen a Corsica forever
  • Craig. said thank you

#3549 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted February 13, 2016 - 06:09 PM

Man that is an odd pairing of cars in 2016. I haven't seen a Corsica forever

Oddly enough the broken down car was a Corsica too. Must be a bad intersection for them. 

• Alc and Craig. have said thanks

#3550 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted February 14, 2016 - 01:22 AM

Wow it olny took 4 hours to upload the video, one hour per minute.
  • wvbuzzmaster, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#3551 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted February 14, 2016 - 01:39 AM

My favorite line "Heath has been helping. He installed a door knob on the tire."
Very nice engineering, usually people just weld one rim to the other and move on. We know he owned a welder... So he must not have been trusting enough of his welds for the wheels LOL.
  • Craig. and jpackard56 have said thanks

#3552 jpackard56 OFFLINE  

jpackard56

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7225
  • 1,768 Thanks
  • 1,407 posts

Posted February 14, 2016 - 07:36 AM

Wow it olny took 4 hours to upload the video, one hour per minute.

now your in our kinda band width, I can make a fresh pot while this thing spins around trying to open e-mail !! Glad you posted it, I got to watch it this am on the "free" time before the meter comes on. Only have another 25 minutes, so gotta run. Thanks for posting

Jim

• Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#3553 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,228 Thanks
  • 28,593 posts

Posted February 14, 2016 - 09:03 AM

Three things on that lift,
The cross rod where the cable hooks is a definite weak point. It won't be pretty the day that bends or breaks.
You might consider a snatch block on the lift. Not for doubling the power, but for slowing the lift.
Last, you mention modifying the end... I have a suggestion, let me look for pictures of what I see in my minds eye
  • Craig. and UncleWillie have said thanks

#3554 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,228 Thanks
  • 28,593 posts

Posted February 14, 2016 - 09:11 AM

If you just take the cradle section idea, add a safety tie, then it would be universal. It would require engineering to get the tip right so it won't roll backwards or forwards when up image.jpeg image.jpeg

Another spin on the same would be hooks under the front axle. Kind of like a letter C, but when you pick it up, would be closer to a U

Sorta like what's on this jack, but bigger and better.

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpeg

• Alc, Craig., KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#3555 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,697 Thanks
  • 8,555 posts

Posted February 14, 2016 - 11:48 AM

Here are some pics of a winch I added to my craftsman tractor that may give you some ideas. 
closeup of base.JPG

Left sid View of Winch.JPG

Rear View of winch.JPG

One thing I did change on the advice of members here was instead of connecting the hook directly to the lift point I got a pulley and connected the pulley to the lift point and ran the hook back up to an eye bolt at the wench.

• Alc and UncleWillie have said thanks