UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 13,010 Thanks
  • 7,788 posts

Posted February 05, 2016 - 08:55 PM

I need a new burn barrel that one is toast.
  • Craig. said thank you

#3527 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 28,005 Thanks
  • 28,949 posts

Posted February 06, 2016 - 07:25 AM

Mine seems to be holding up pretty well.
Kids have been telling me we are getting more complete burns.
Going to have to dump it more often tho, but that's OK.

#3528 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 13,010 Thanks
  • 7,788 posts

Posted February 06, 2016 - 02:12 PM

holycan.JPG

This one is more hole that can towards the bottom. That is where Heath has been kicking at it. If a 4 year old can kick through it there isn't much there. 

• olcowhand, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#3529 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 29,496 Thanks
  • 40,470 posts

Posted February 06, 2016 - 04:09 PM

I had to replace mine a while back!

#3530 Bmerf ONLINE  

Bmerf

Patina Farmer / Rust Collector

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9846
  • 1,743 Thanks
  • 1,458 posts

Posted February 06, 2016 - 10:56 PM

...If a 4 year old can kick through it there isn't much there. 

Well isn't he the son of hulk?

• larrybl and oldedeeres have said thanks

#3531 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 28,005 Thanks
  • 28,949 posts

Posted February 07, 2016 - 08:24 AM

attachicon.gifholycan.JPG
This one is more hole that can towards the bottom. That is where Heath has been kicking at it. If a 4 year old can kick through it there isn't much there.

What the heck is in that peanut butter you've been feeding him?
  • KennyP said thank you

#3532 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 13,010 Thanks
  • 7,788 posts

Posted February 07, 2016 - 09:59 AM

What the heck is in that peanut butter you've been feeding him?

Gamma rays evidently LOL> 

• MH81 said thank you

#3533 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 13,010 Thanks
  • 7,788 posts

Posted February 07, 2016 - 04:54 PM

All for the want of a nail.

I was up early and stood in the kitchen making...

51miqKe5EPL._AC_UL160_SR160,160_.jpg

As I looked out the window I saw the two escaped rabbits hopping all around the back yard. I thought about taking a shot at them, but I didn't want to give Steph a coronary waking up to gunfire. 

At 10I woke everyone up this morning with music. Steph is getting used to it. 

We went out after everyone was conscious and got to working on Cherryberry.

Right off the bat I nearly blew my eyeballs out wrestling the transmission up on the jack. Whew.

Once I could see straight we set about installing things. That is when I noticed that on this engine GM had the bright idea to put the knock sensor on the back of the engine - right where we destroyed it when we pulled the transmission dipstick tube out.

Then we spent some time trying to figure out which vacuum line to the transfer case was melted. I had to send Steph in for my tablet so I could look it up. When I figured that out I realized I needed about 4 feet of vacuum line and I didn't have any. 

So I made a list of things we needed: vacuum line, knock sensor, knock sensor plug, exhaust donuts, and a couple of other things. I sent Steph and Heath off to Autozone while I came in to look up exactly how the front axle was actuated on this truck. 

After some digging I sent her a text to get a couple of other parts. NO sense in leaving an old part in there that may be messed up. 

She came back and said they had to order the knock sensor. 

Then I got distracted working on something else and forgot the knock sensor had to go in before the transmission. (I suppose you could put it in if your arms were the size of Heaths and the length of an orangutans. Or you removed the dash and cut a hole in the firewall.) 

We got the trans lifted up into place and then I saw the mangled plug for the knock sensor. Dangit. So out came the trans. 

I figured I could steal the one off the BlueOx. So I went and stole it. Once I had the one off the Blazer I realized they were different. Why they used a different one on them I have no idea. I would assume it has something to do with the fact that the 4.3l is basically a 350 with two cylinders lopped off and there was no room on the bottom of the engine to mount it like the 350. I also have to assume there wasn't enough room for the 3/8th threaded portion and they had to go to a 1/4 thread. PHHHHHHT.

At that point there was really nothing else we could do. That one tiny part kept the transmission from going in. 

Defeated I came in and got a cigar and sat out back and smoked it while watching Heath run around. 

After a while I told Steph to bring both live traps to where I saw the rabbits playing this morning. She baited them with bananas, hopefully we catch a rabbit and not a stray monkey. Although maybe the monkey could be trained to change the knock sensor. 

Heath tried to ride his tricycle that is too small for him. He kept falling over and laying next to it ringing the bell. It was funny. 

Finally I came in and got in the shower. Steph and Heath went to the store. 

Tomorrow the parts will be in and I will have no way to get them and no help to install them. 

It is supposed to snow Tuesday!. Oh well. 

• olcowhand, wvbuzzmaster, Craig. and 1 other said thanks

#3534 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 13,010 Thanks
  • 7,788 posts

Posted February 08, 2016 - 06:01 PM

Someone or something is gonna wind up collecting buckshot.

Last night I went to sleep with plans to be up early this morning. It was not to be.

At about 3am the dogs started to bark. Not just a little yip. This was full fledged, "I'm gonna kill someone," noise. Gunner kept running to the front door. Diesel, who normally can't be bothered to bark or make any noise unless an ambulance is coming or a chicken is laying an egg, was in full on attack mode.

So I grabbed a pair of pants, my house shoes, a jacket, and the Mossburg. When I went out the back door my dogs instantly got quiet. Diesel was staring at the tent building. I heard something rustling in the bushes and checked it out. I didn't see anything. I stood there in the dark with my flashlight off for about 5 minutes and heard nothing more then came inside. 

10 minutes later it started again. Gunner running to the front door and growling. Once again I went outside. This time I checked everything. I couldn't find anything. After about 20 minutes with the cold night air blowing on my exposed ankles I came back in. 

About 45 minutes later. You guessed it. Again I staggered outdoors ( I was thinking of just sleeping in the truck at this point) and inspected everything. I realized that only my dogs were barking. Not every dog in 10 miles as is usually the case. 

Exhausted I staggered back to bed. I couldn't go back to sleep. At 630 Steph started playing the snooze alarm sonata. She left at 7. I dozed off and woke up at 10. I am exhausted. 

4c30e458634318189af90e0d7eca0f27.jpg

After Heath had his cereal and milk I sat at my desk to drink coffee. 

I noticed a repo truck going up and down the road.( The same repo company that I had one of their drivers at gunpoint a year of so ago for threatening me with a stun gun. Long story but he was at the neighbors looking for a car that wasn't there and was threatening her dog with the stunner. I walked over and he threatened me. He left with no holes. I called the cops. Cop told me that a stun gun is a great way to start a bullet hole collection. Two years earlier they were over there looking for a John Deere Gator that he missed one payment on. They were trying  to break into the shed. They didn't like my 12 gauge and left her house and sat down the road. Cops showed up and tole them that I would shoot them if they stepped foot back on the property again.) Surely he wasn't on my property looking for something. Whatever it is it ain't here. 

At around noon Heath and I found some clothes (mine were conveniently still out) and went outside. I really just wanted to let him run around. 

Not content with watching him I decided to put all the small engines I have for sale in a more weatherproof environment. I have several truck tool boxes that were not being used. I began to fill them up. 

Two of the engines were too big for the truck boxes so i put them in a big Knack tool box that I have had for years.

The previous owner cut about 9 1/2 inch holes in the box. I can only assume it was some way to lock it. I didn't want the engines sitting in water so I grabbed a tube of caulk that we go tout of a junk car a while back. After caulking 5 of the holes I felt something hit my foot. The whole side of the tube had split open and caulked my left boot. I scraped the caulk off and filled the remaining holes. 

I let Heath run around a bit more then we came in.  I dozed off in my chair. Steph came home while I was dozing. 

Maybe I will get some sleep tonight. 

• olcowhand, MH81, wvbuzzmaster and 1 other said thanks

#3535 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 36,196 Thanks
  • 29,976 posts

Posted February 08, 2016 - 06:05 PM

I sure hope tonight isn't a repeat!  Sounds like a rough night for sure.

#3536 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 29,496 Thanks
  • 40,470 posts

Posted February 08, 2016 - 06:44 PM

I sure hope tonight isn't a repeat!  Sounds like a rough night for sure.

:ditto:  If someone is fooling around, I'm sure you will send them packing weighing a few ounces heavier.

• HDWildBill said thank you

#3537 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 13,010 Thanks
  • 7,788 posts

Posted February 09, 2016 - 09:01 PM

Got a little sleep last night. 

Half rested and groggy I got up and got started. The dogs didn't quite cooperate 100% but they didn't go nuts like night before last. 

12715797_10157172072015377_4351274863182

I looked outside before I had my first cup,  and saw the elusive bunny rabbit in the trap. So I went out. However, in my over tired state I did something stupid. I attempted to remove the bunny in the middle of the yard instead of carrying the trap over to the pen and dumping him in. He managed to slip through my fingers and escape. I felt pretty stupid. I came back in and had some coffee. 

This afternoon Heath and I went outside to load the trash up on the trailer. He found an insulated vest and wanted to wear it because I have one that I wear. He also wanted his gloves on for the first time ever. It was 34 degrees. I guess his hands finally got cold. 

The trailer had to be moved so I fired up the Falcon and drove it back. When I shifted into reverse the belt popped off. I was trying to get it back on and couldn't figure out why it wouldn't go back on. Then I saw Heath was trying to help me. LOL. 

Once we were rebelted and hooked to the trailer he and I loaded up all the trash. He did take one lap around the field. I don't know how he can run non stop like that. It is a long way for little legs. 

Steph got home and changed into work clothes and then we all left for the dump. 

Once we got unloaded we headed to Walmart to try to find Steph some disposable cotton gloves. They didn't have any but we got some groceries and got Heath some socks. I think he eats them. 

We were hungry and decided to eat at IHOP. It was good. Heath must have been starving, he ate 2 chicken fingers and most of a waffle. 

We left and ran by a couple of drug stores and finally found one pair of gloves. 

We made a stop at Autozone to get the knock sensor for CherryBerry then came home. 

• olcowhand, MH81, wvbuzzmaster and 1 other said thanks

#3538 drbish ONLINE  

drbish

Collecter

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2544
  • 1,255 Thanks
  • 1,194 posts

Posted February 09, 2016 - 10:28 PM

I can see Heath running around in his birthday suit and gloves

Edited by drbish, February 09, 2016 - 10:30 PM.

• olcowhand and KennyP have said thanks

#3539 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 36,196 Thanks
  • 29,976 posts

Posted February 09, 2016 - 10:33 PM

I can see Heath running around in his birthday suit and gloves

Plus wearing a smile!  :rolling:

• KennyP and drbish have said thanks

#3540 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 29,496 Thanks
  • 40,470 posts

Posted February 10, 2016 - 06:08 AM

Now you'll have a hard time attracting that bunny back in to the trap!