• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,741 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted January 28, 2016 - 03:36 PM

Nothing happening.

7am.jpg

I have been taking it easy on this pinched nerve. I have not left the house since Sunday. It is about to drive me bonkers. The farthest I have been out of the house was to untangle Gunners chain. I swear that dog could get tangled on a blade of grass. 

The melting snow has been as hard on my arthritus as rain. At least there is nothing really pressing to do outside. 

Steph had to bring a Momma bunny and her babies in. She was not in a breeder pen just in the pen the babies go in when they are weaned. I suppose one of her brothers got horny and well you know. The little ones fell through the pen on the ground. Steph managed to save 7 of them. One she is still feeding with an eye dropper. Momma is doing her best to feed them.

This weekend Steph is babysitting a  special needs child. Should be interesting. Pays good though. 

• olcowhand, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#3497 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,741 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted January 29, 2016 - 06:54 PM

I had enough of being inside.

I have been going a bit stir crazy this week. Since it was up in the 50s today I decided enough was enough. 

yodsa.jpg

Heath and I stayed inside till after his speech therapy lesson. It was hilarious she could not get him to talk for anything. He just flat refused to talk. So I pulled up a tractor picture on my tablet and held it up from across the room. He immediately said tractor. Then I showed him a bus. He said bus. Then he started talking a blue streak. He was going through a book and telling her all about it in complete sentences.  I told her she just needs to know how to prime the pump. 

After she left Heath and I got on some work clothes and went out.

Unfortunately I had the bright idea to unload the trailer load of stuff I got from drbish. 

After about an hour and a half I was drenched in sweat, but the trailer was empty. Heath decided to lay on the trailer. Not sure if he was mocking me.

I took a bijillion pictures that are now uploading on Steph's laptop. I will have a ton (maybe a ton and a half) of stuff to sell soon. 

• olcowhand, wvbuzzmaster and KennyP have said thanks

#3498 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,741 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted January 29, 2016 - 09:48 PM

I am crosseyed, but I got them all labeled.

http://imgur.com/a/E4UIw

I am not exactly sure what they all are. Maybe DrBish can help shed some light on the stuff I am foggy about. 

Edited by UncleWillie, January 29, 2016 - 09:55 PM.

• olcowhand and Craig. have said thanks

#3499 larrybl ONLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 415
  • 4,943 Thanks
  • 3,322 posts

Posted January 29, 2016 - 10:03 PM

Wish I was closer, I could use the cycl mower

• KennyP said thank you

#3500 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,741 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted January 29, 2016 - 10:06 PM

Maybe you can work out a delivery chain on here.

• larrybl and Craig. have said thanks

#3501 Diesel1050 ONLINE  

Diesel1050

Diesel Nut!

• Member No: 69580
  • 343 Thanks
  • 393 posts

Posted January 29, 2016 - 10:07 PM

That Bolens LK deck must be worth a few $$$ to someone....they're pretty rare!
  • UncleWillie said thank you

#3502 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,718 Thanks
  • 4,276 posts

Posted January 29, 2016 - 10:14 PM

The thing you have listed as a pump that is missing the square 4 bolt plate looks like a PTO clutch from a Wisconsin. Looks like you are missing the parts that go on the crankshaft. The engine with the F-M mag is a Wisconsin gear reduction.

• Craig. and UncleWillie have said thanks

#3503 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,741 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted January 30, 2016 - 09:06 PM

Well I think I made up for not leaving the house for a week. 

Yesterday I contacted a guy about a 95 Suburban for $500. I told him I had to go to get a tractor this morning then I would come look at it. 

So this morning I managed to get my feet under me and stagger around a while. 

habbi.jpg

The little girl Steph was baby sitting got here about 11. I waited on them to make sure there were no problems getting her inside since she is unable to move on her own. 

The guy with the Suburban texted me and said that a woman wanted to look at it at 3. I changed my plans. 

I texted the guy with the tractor and told him it would be closer to 3 before I could get there. He began asking me over an over why and what I was doing besides coming up there. I finally told him it was 3 or nothing. He said 3 was fine. 

My immediate plan was to put a water pump on the truck then tow Christine with the tow bar behind it. There was a chance the Suburban had a blown head gasket. 

We just joined AAA since Steph is driving 60 miles one way to work so I figured worse case scenario it would be towed home. 

The road to Charlotte was almost completely clear on my way up. I got to the truck and sent the owner a text that I was there. He showed up about 15 minutes later. He had to get off work to come.

After looking over it and seeing that it had a blown head gasket, but it did run, and the interior is immaculate. I told him I would buy it. 

We had to figure out where to get the title notarized. Since the title was in his wife's name we had to find somewhere close to her job. We found a UPS store about 5 minutes from here. Then my GPS had an aneurysm on the way over. It took us all over before it finally got there. 

We passed a BBQed car on the shoulder of the interstate and a bad wreck on an off ramp before we got there. 

He called his wife to come meet us. It took her a little bit to finish cutting a customers hair then she came over. 

I saw her coming down the sidewalk and she did not look happy. I turned on the old Uncle Willie charm. When she got close enough I told her she could not be his husband because she was too pretty. She lit up like a Christmas tree. 

Once we were notarized I headed off to Kanapolis. 

I got off of I85 and the check gauge light came on on Christine. She was overheating. 

So I pulled in to a gas station and let her cool off a bit while I fueled up. It was still boiling. So I managed to get the cap off without scalding off my beard and I put some water in it. That cooled her down a bit, but as soon as I was in traffic again it started running hot. 

I turned the heat wide open and rolled the windows down. 

I got to the house and bought the mower. I didn't take any pictures because I was frustrated with the truck. The mower started right up and drove on the truck. It smoked like a freight train, but it ran. It has the starter I need for the mower I bought last week, so it was worth $50

We talked a bit and I told him I bought the Suburban. He said he was going to look at it tomorrow. LOL I told him he could have it for $800. 

He pointed me to a parts house and I headed over. I changed the thermostat and the radiator cap and set out again. It still wanted to run hot in traffic. 

I got to the Suburban and decided it was time to finally eat. I went to a Jack-in-the-box. 

While I ate I called AAA.

It seems that so many people have signed up, had a vehicle towed, and canceled that they have a 5 day waiting period on towing. I was unhappy. 

I called the guy and asked if it could sit there for 5 days. He said yes because he forgot to get his stuff out of it. So it will work out for both of us, except that I have to drive back up there. 

Once I got on the interstate the temps on Christine stayed at around 220. Hot, but not dangerous. I stopped at Autozone and got a flush kit. Tomorrow I will flush it out and see what kind of gunk comes out of a 600k mile engine. 

Steph and Heath are off at her birthday party that I was supposed to attend before I had to nurse Christine home. Since I can make money on both the tractor and the Suburban she isn't mad. I will take her to Genghis Grill soon and all will be well. 

• olcowhand, MH81, wvbuzzmaster and 3 others have said thanks

#3504 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted January 30, 2016 - 09:15 PM

Did you ever get Cherry Berry back in action?
  • Craig. said thank you

#3505 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,741 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted January 30, 2016 - 09:16 PM

Not yet. Trans is ready I just have to get up there and snag it. Soon very soon. 

• MH81, wvbuzzmaster and Craig. have said thanks

#3506 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted January 30, 2016 - 09:36 PM

Not yet. Trans is ready I just have to get up there and snag it. Soon very soon.

Was just curious since it sounded like you needed more vehicles. If it makes you feel better a friend of mine had to start driving his 15 year old jeep because his 20 year old car won't start anymore and his 20 year old truck lost spark. In order to drive the Jeep he had to put new calipers on it lol. All this occurred over the course of one week. Does this story sound familiar to ya? Lol
  • Craig. said thank you

#3507 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,604 Thanks
  • 29,833 posts

Posted January 30, 2016 - 09:43 PM

You've been a busy beaver Willie!   But if one needed a tow on the side of an interstate and had to wait 5 days.....would the police have it towed before then?

• Craig. and UncleWillie have said thanks

#3508 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,741 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted January 30, 2016 - 10:16 PM

You've been a busy beaver Willie!   But if one needed a tow on the side of an interstate and had to wait 5 days.....would the police have it towed before then?

That was exactly what I asked. She said there is no way to override it. I will be contacting their corporate offices monday.

• MH81 and Craig. have said thanks

#3509 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,269 Thanks
  • 28,606 posts

Posted January 30, 2016 - 11:03 PM

And if that's their policy, asking for a refund.
Dolts
  • Craig. said thank you

#3510 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,481 Thanks
  • 4,633 posts

Posted January 31, 2016 - 03:18 AM

I think I see what AAA is doing.  They are saying that when you first join that you can't get a tow until you've been a member for 5 days.

That's to keep people from joining, getting a tow and then cancelling their membership.  That wolud cost them a lot of  money over the years.

Once the 5 day period is over they will tow right away.

• olcowhand, Craig. and UncleWillie have said thanks