• Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,461 Thanks
  • 39,690 posts

Posted January 13, 2016 - 06:01 PM

He was just so tired, he didn't give a... Well, anyways... Accidents happen

I think that was the problem, Alan! He did 'give' a .......

• HDWildBill said thank you

#3452 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,080 posts

Posted January 13, 2016 - 09:01 PM

Happens to the best of us.

#3453 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted January 14, 2016 - 04:31 PM

Free at last, free at last.

This morning I woke up before Steph's alarm went off again. I watched her hit the snooze three times, then head off to work. One of these morning I am going to yell when she hits it the first time. Although that might get me hurt. 

My alarm went off at 8 and I begrudgingly shambled to my feet and painfully went to the kitchen.

iwilldie.jpg

Heath was already awake so he was released. Once he had a PB&J and juice he ran off to the living room. 

At 920 Justin arrived and I called him and told him what to do. I wasn't ready to go out yet.

At around 945 I managed to find Heath shoes and get him dressed and we went out. 

So much stuff got moved I cant even remember. 

When Heath's speech therapist showed up he and I came in. I gave Justin a list of things to do. 

I went back out when he was done and we got more done. 

I really did not expect to get everything done to day, but we did.

I am so tired I can't thing straight. I will go out tomorrow and get pictures of the work. At least I will have a record of it all cleaned up. 

Now I am going to sit here in my chair and try to stay awake. 

• olcowhand, wvbuzzmaster, Craig. and 1 other said thanks

#3454 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,461 Thanks
  • 39,690 posts

Posted January 14, 2016 - 05:43 PM

Glad you are getting things moved about! How's the weather treating you? It's 71° on the front porch right now!

#3455 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted January 14, 2016 - 06:49 PM

It was about 70 here this afternoon. Was in the 20s this morning.
  • KennyP said thank you

#3456 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted January 15, 2016 - 01:50 PM

Today has been called on account of rain.

Raining-Coffee-897x1024.jpg

• KennyP said thank you

#3457 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,461 Thanks
  • 39,690 posts

Posted January 15, 2016 - 02:05 PM

That'll water your coffee down!

• HDWildBill said thank you

#3458 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted January 17, 2016 - 04:21 PM

Much busier weekend than I wanted it to be. 

weekend_1.jpg

Friday (when it was pouring rain) a guy called and wanted to buy the Tiburon. He said he would be here around noon on Saturday and was coming from Bristol TN. We began an intensive search for the key. I am guessing that Heath ran off with it. We never found it.

So Saturday morning we were up early and got outside.

Heath decided the tow dolly looked kind of plain.

chr1.jpg

We unstrapped the tow dolly that the car has been sitting on since I bought it, and hooked it to the Falcon to drag it out from under it. The car didn't come off. The Falcon pulled it almost all the way around front on the dolly before the car rolled off. 

Then it wouldn't steer since the key was gone. It took me a few minutes to get the ignition removed and an screwdriver in its place. Then the Falcon effortlessly pushed it around front to the driveway. 

I came in to sit down and rest my back. As soon as I sat down the guy pulled in. 

He had rented a U-Haul trailer and I told him to pull down the hill and we would roll the car down. When he got ready I started on my gravity fueled way. 

He was standing on the trailer and I was yelling for him to get off. He wised up and jumped off. Once the car was on he backed up to the driveway and we jacked it up to remove the front tires. 

The biggest reason I bought the car was it had good tires that would fit Christine. He had bought two tires with him to put back on the rims. 

Once the tires were loaded up in Christine he and I took a ride to the tire shop.

After all the BSing and work was done we headed home. On the way back Christine began to make a terrible noise. I thought it was the alternator.

Once we slapped the tires on the little car, he strapped it down and he left. 

Then we took a look at Christine. When Steph started her she didn't make a single bad noise. 

Heath helped us look.

chr.jpg

I also diagnosed the blower was getting no power. Since the truck has 600k miles on it there is no sense in chasing every wire down. I decided to bypass it. I had not wire connectors so I told Steph to get some when she went out.

Steph had to go to the store so I came in and she left. Christine screamed as it went up the road. 

This morning I was up at 7. I woke everyone else up at 10. 

After everyone was awake and fed we went out to look at Christine. 

After we pulled the belt off we found that the smog pump pulley was wobbling all over. With her driving it right at 100 miles a day that wouldn't do. 

The length of the belt without the smog pump and it came out to 13 inches. Steph said 13.5.

So we ran down to Autozone.

On the way I saw a rail road crossing go down on a side road. I made a quick turn and we drove down for Heath to watch the train go by.

After trying a couple of belts it turns out I was right on the money - or as close as could be. A 13 inch shorter belt went on with some help. It really needed a belt 1/4 inch longer but there wasn't one. 

We stopped at Taco Bell for a bite on the way home. 

In a short time I had the switch wired up and her heat ready to go. 

I am hurting. My hands feel like someone beat them with a hammer. 

Steph discovered that the water pump on Christine is leaking out the weep hole. I told her to keep an eye on the temp gauge. Next weekend I will look in to fixing that.  

• olcowhand, wvbuzzmaster, Craig. and 1 other said thanks

#3459 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,646 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted January 17, 2016 - 05:31 PM

I know how those hands must feel.  Mine just got over an "Authur Bout".   Almost had to have Teresa open a can of cola for me. Hope it gets better soon for you.

• Craig. said thank you

#3460 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,300 Thanks
  • 28,626 posts

Posted January 17, 2016 - 08:58 PM

Hard to get to the 88 when you keep having to repair the daily driver.
I'm wondering if the belt being a little tight is a contributor to the weep hole being wet.
  • wvbuzzmaster said thank you

#3461 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted January 17, 2016 - 09:22 PM

It has had a mystery leak for a while. Hopefully thos will end it. aSteph just told me she had tomorrow off for MLK day so it will get fixed sooner than I planned.
  • MH81 and Craig. have said thanks

#3462 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted January 18, 2016 - 07:41 PM

Mystery solved.

I was up early this morning. Well I was awake. I finally got out of bed at 8 and staggered into the kitchen.

shutterstock_186889283.jpg

At 10 I decided everyone else had slept enough so I went in the living room and turned the stereo up loud and played AC/DC's Thunderstruck. Heath thought it was great - Steph not so much. I made up for it by putting on "Angel Flying too Close to the Ground" and dancing with her. 

I got dressed and waddled out to the truck. 9 miles into the 10 mile drive to Lincolnton I realized I didn't have my wallet. So I turned around and headed home. 

With my wallet in hand I went back. At about 1130 I finally got home. Steph was waiting outside and we got started.

Right off the bat I hit a snag. The bolts were almost impossible to get out. I finally got the little HF impact and it even struggled. I was almost ready to turn the air compressor up and get the big IR out.

Heath had to help. Which meant knocking tools down into every crevice under the hood. 

IMG_20160118_124828706_HDR.jpg

When I got the bolts out there was only one little hose to disconnect to get the pump out. When I touched the clamp I found the mystery leak. It was loose. So the pump didn't need replacing. Oh well, it had over 400k on that pump that I know of. The PO put it on. It had tons of red silicone on it. I had to get the die grinder out to get it all off. 

IMG_20160118_124823972.jpg

After cleaning all the crud off the bolts I started to put them back in. And then I hit another snag. Several of them would not go back in. I had to get out the tap and die set and rethread bolts and holes till they worked.

IMG_20160118_131954019.jpg

A 1 hour job took 4. 

After that I saddled up and headed out to Morganton to get a tractor. It was nice to have a working heater on the way up. It got rather chilly.

I didn't take a picture, but it is a 90's Craftsman GT4000 with a winch and a home made boom on the back. 

We tried to start it at the guys house, but the starter will not engage. It has compression and I have another starter for it. He threw in an extra set of back tires and a little garden cart too. Made an interesting load coming back (and some idiot woman in a new car still tailgated me, I really wanted the wagon to come off the top and get her, unfortunately I am too good at tying things down).

I had to make a stop at the store to grab a couple things then I was back home. Steph and I unloaded the tractor and came in.

It is finally getting cold. It was down to about 27 when I finally came in. 

Edited by UncleWillie, January 18, 2016 - 07:44 PM.

• olcowhand, MH81, wvbuzzmaster and 1 other said thanks

#3463 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,461 Thanks
  • 39,690 posts

Posted January 18, 2016 - 07:56 PM

Glad you won!

#3464 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted January 19, 2016 - 05:15 PM

And sometimes seemingly huge problems turn out to be tiny.

I woke up this morning and looked at my phone to check the time. I found a text message from Steph, "The pipes in the house are frozen."

It did get pretty cold last night so I went to see what I could find out. I turned on all the taps and nothing. Not even air. Hummmm.

I walked outside and popped the top off the well pump. When I turned on the valve that is a direct line from the pump I got nothing. I looked at the pressure switch and the contact was open. I closed it and water sprayed across the yard. 

I went back inside and put a cup under the bathroom faucet then went back out and hit the switch. The cup filled with water. 

Since Steph is gone with Christine and nothing else (other than the tractors) is running I called Graham. I had seen his car in the driveway when I was at the well so I figured he may have the day off. He did. So he ran to the hardware store and grabbed a switch. 

He was all bundled up like Nanook of the north. I was wearing a short sleeved shirt. 

In about 5 minutes I had water pumping and went back in to make coffee. 10am is too late to have to wait for caffeine. 

welllogo14.png

I put my PJ pants back on and sat down to websurf.  After a short time I saw a familiar truck pull in the drive. It was a guy I do a lot of selling to so I put my clothes back on and went out. I talked to him for about 5 minutes. He had some speakers he wanted to swap for a toolbox.

Heaths speech therapist, Amy, pulled in so I told him to come back at 1 when the lesson was over.

After Heaths 30 minutes of irritating Amy I went back out. The guy had just pulled back in. 

The speakers were pretty nice and I don't really have a need for the truck box so I traded. 

I came in and listed them on CL

While I was on the site I relisted all my stuff. I have much much more to list. Maybe I need to open a retail store.

Heath and I had amassive wrestling match in his room after everything was listed. 

Steph just pulled in the drive. Heath is in his room. Gunner is going bonkers because Steph didn't come straight in the house. 

• wvbuzzmaster, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#3465 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,461 Thanks
  • 39,690 posts

Posted January 19, 2016 - 05:30 PM