Yesterday I was sore. Steph went shopping. Graham came over to change his oil. He was talking to a guy about buying a truck that was outside his budget. I managed to talk him out of it. His wife would have killed him.
I managed to convince him to call his bank and see what they could work out on a loan on a truck and get the payments where he could afford them.
After he changed his oil I told him to just slide the drain pan under the blazer and Steph and I would empty it later. It takes two people and I wasn't up to bending.
Last night it poured rain again. I mean poured.
This morning it had stopped and the sun was actually out. IT was a chilly 75 degrees with a pretty stiff wind.
First we put the wheel weights on the Falcon.
Pic is after it made the run down in the swampy field.
Then we headed down in the field to get the frame of the old tent building that the tree fell on. The Falcon went down just in case. Once it was jump started we all headed down the hill.
I mowed a path to the frame then Steph backed Christine into position. I parked the Falcon in front of Christine because I knew it would need to be jumped again.
Once the frame was apart and loaded on the truck we headed back up the hill.
I hooked up to a old saw blade sign (that I forgot to take a picture of so I could pull it up the hill to use to paint our house number on.
Steph almost got all the way up but she didn't make it. After watching her try about 4 times I headed over on the Falcon to pull her up. And it ran out of gas.
I took over driving the truck and came so close to the top of the hill twice it was upsetting. Finally I backed as far back in the opposite corner as I could. Then we aired the back tires down to 10 PSI.
It almost didn't make it. At the very crest of the hill it began to falter, but I had just enough momentum to get over.
Then we jump started the Hemorrhoid and we all went down the hill. The sign and the tractor was just too much to pull. So we ditched the sign and I pulled the Falcon up.
Steph started unloading the frame while I went back down for the sign.
Made a mess in the field.
After about an hour of mixing and matching we got the usable part of the frame erected. I had to modify two pieces for end caps. After I used the air grinder to slice off the offending piece I wrapped it up with duct tape so it didn't cut the tarp.
Maybe now we can work on it in the rain.
Once we got the tarp over it we realized we didn't have any more rope. So I used ratchet straps to hold it down.
Since the Blazer no longer had the tarp over it we had to put all the tools that were under it in the shop. That is when I discovered that Heath had tossed about half my sockets out of my tool kit into the pan of oil from Grahams oil change. Erghhh.
After we cleaned that up we found a naked mechanic.
Heath and I came inside. Steph left to go to Wal-mart to see what kind of rope they had.