• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,269 Thanks
  • 28,607 posts

Posted December 27, 2015 - 08:57 AM

It has had a problem since we got it where it hadto be manually shifted into 3 and 4. I have been telling her to be easy with it, but every morning when she leaves I hear her shift it into 3 before it is ready and it just slips. I guess it finally got tired of it.

AHHHHH, OK.
Are you planning on putting in a standard? :rolling: (sorry Steph, had to)
  • Craig. said thank you

#3407 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,414 Thanks
  • 39,663 posts

Posted December 27, 2015 - 12:24 PM

Good old 700R4! Those things were junk in S-10's!

• Craig. said thank you

#3408 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,742 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted December 27, 2015 - 02:33 PM

I think Steph really wanting a horse. 

Last night I sent her up to Wal-mart to get the biggest tarp they had. She got back and we built a cover over the Blazer using everything we could tie it too and the trailers side boards over the top of the truck to hold it out to the side. It was a good thing we did it last night because at 3am I woke up and it was pouring rain.

undercover.jpg

This morning She and I got up and quietly got dressed. I put my tablet, a PB&J, and a cup of juice on the dryer where Heath could reach it from inside his prison. Then she and I went out and waded over to the truck. It was all nice and dry under the tarp.

undercover2.jpg

We got started and about 30 minutes later Graham came over. In about 2 1/2 hours we had the transmission out. 

At some point it had a reman trans put in it and who ever put it in was an idiot. One bolt on the cross member was missing. One bolt from the trans to engine was gone. The remaining trans bolts were so tight I broke 2 sockets and the 1.2 inch breaker bar was flexing before they came out. The impact did nothing. 

After we finished up Steph wanted to do the shopping she tried to do yesterday. SO she and Heath got cleaned up and left. Ab out 30 minutes later I got a text. Christine had overheated. A heater core hose had polled off.

That is two trucks in two days. I think if she had a horse we would have to shoot it by now. 

This truck has the 4l60e in it so I think at some point someone did something stupid with it. I have a friend who will build it back heavy for cheap. 

• olcowhand, wvbuzzmaster, Craig. and 2 others have said thanks

#3409 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,605 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted December 27, 2015 - 03:10 PM

Sorry to hear all these problems come up, especially at Christmas time.
  • Craig. said thank you

#3410 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,742 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted December 27, 2015 - 03:31 PM

Well, Daniel, I knew it needed work. While it is apart I am going to fix a bunch of other things that are wrong with it.

And the trip to Mexico is off. IT is still super secret though. Maybe later.

Steph got Christine fixed and back on the road. Glad I taught her to fix things. 

Edited by UncleWillie, December 27, 2015 - 03:32 PM.

• olcowhand, wvbuzzmaster, Craig. and 1 other said thanks

#3411 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,742 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted December 29, 2015 - 05:22 PM

Whew.

Yesterday I was sore. Steph went shopping. Graham came over to change his oil. He was talking to a guy about buying a truck that was outside his budget. I managed to talk him out of it. His wife would have killed him. 

I managed to convince him to call his bank and see what they could work out on a loan on a truck and get the payments where he could afford them. 

After he changed his oil I told him to just slide the drain pan under the blazer and Steph and I would empty it later. It takes two people and I wasn't up to bending. 

Last night it poured rain again. I mean poured.

coffee.jpg

This morning it had stopped and the sun was actually out. IT was a chilly 75 degrees with a pretty stiff wind. 

First we put the wheel weights on the Falcon. 

IMG_20151229_162026311.jpg

Pic is after it made the run down in the swampy field. 

Then we headed down in the field to get the frame of the old tent building that the tree fell on. The Falcon went down just in case. Once it was jump started we all headed down the hill. 

I mowed a path to the frame then Steph backed Christine into position. I parked the Falcon in front of Christine because I knew it would need to be jumped again. 

Once the frame was apart and loaded on the truck we headed back up the hill.

I hooked up to a old saw blade sign (that I forgot to take a picture of so I could pull it up the hill to use to paint our house number on. 

Steph almost got all the way up but she didn't make it. After watching her try about 4 times I headed over on the Falcon to pull her up. And it ran out of gas.

I took over driving the truck and came so close to the top of the hill twice it was upsetting. Finally I backed as far back in the opposite corner as I could. Then we aired the back tires down to 10 PSI. 

It almost didn't make it. At the very crest of the hill it began to falter, but I had just enough momentum to get over. 

Then we jump started the Hemorrhoid and we all went down the hill. The sign and the tractor was just too much to pull. So we ditched the sign and I pulled the Falcon up. 

Steph started unloading the frame while I went back down for the sign. 

IMG_20151229_144956552 (1).jpg

Made a mess in the field. 

IMG_20151229_162108628.jpg

After about an hour of mixing and matching we got the usable part of the frame erected. I had to modify two pieces for end caps. After I used the air grinder to slice off the offending piece I wrapped it up with duct tape so it didn't cut the tarp. 

Maybe now we can work on it in the rain.

IMG_20151229_162143848.jpg

Once we got the tarp over it we realized we didn't have any more rope. So I used ratchet straps to hold it down. 

Since the Blazer no longer had the tarp over it we had to put all the tools that were under it in the shop. That is when I discovered that Heath had tossed about half my sockets out of my tool kit into the pan of oil from Grahams oil change. Erghhh. 

After we cleaned that up we found a naked mechanic.

nakedmech.jpg

Heath and I came inside.  Steph left to go to Wal-mart to see what kind of rope they had. 

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_20151229_145012836.jpg

• olcowhand, Craig., KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#3412 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,605 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted December 29, 2015 - 05:30 PM

Heath sure likes to be comfortable!  Hope he was careful sliding off that grill!  Might snag something valuable! 

• Craig., KennyP and backwoods have said thanks

#3413 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,269 Thanks
  • 28,607 posts

Posted December 29, 2015 - 05:47 PM

Good thing you guys don't get much cold there, Heath wouldn't know what to do. :D
  • Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#3414 adamjd200 ONLINE  

adamjd200
  • Member No: 39654
  • 1,392 Thanks
  • 1,527 posts

Posted December 29, 2015 - 11:47 PM

AHHHHH, OK.
Are you planning on putting in a standard? :rolling: (sorry Steph, had to)

You do realize that she already drives one (Christine)?

• Craig. said thank you

#3415 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,269 Thanks
  • 28,607 posts

Posted December 30, 2015 - 07:18 AM

Yeah, just throwing gas on the fire is all.
  • Craig. and adamjd200 have said thanks

#3416 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,742 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted December 30, 2015 - 02:59 PM

She would love a 5 speed in it. I want something I can drive on occasion and not have to work my bad knee to death. At least the clutch on Christine is super light. 

• MH81 and Craig. have said thanks

#3417 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,742 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted January 02, 2016 - 05:10 PM

Harbor Freight is gonna send me a Christmas card this year. 

Yesterday we went out to work on the 88. We did a little work and then realized that the ignition coil is AWOL. WIth out it there wasn't more we could do. I also needed a right angle drill to use to run the oil pump before we start cranking it over. SO we quit. 

We headed down to Harbor Freight. 

I snagged a right angle drill for $14. I also got a replacement light impact. The last one I hooked up with 150 PSI on the line OOPS. I got an air drill to replace the one that has been hanging on for a couple of years. IT no longer stops - you have to disconnect it from the hose, change the bit, position it, then hook it back up. The chuck finally froze up and I can't get the bit out of it. We also snagged a free tarp and a flashlight. 

Then we went to Gander MT. I got a knife to replace mine that is missing. I am sure it will turn up eventually it always does. Then to Walmart to get some towels. Ours were so old they were disintegrating. 

We grabbed supper a Steak and Shake and headed home. 

Today I got up and grabbed my thermos and headed out.

cj.jpg

First I ran to Home Depot and grabbed a 3/8 ratchet and some star bits. Then to the cigar shop for cigars. A run through Lowe's for a screwdriver I forgot to get a HD. Then I hit the road to the junk yard. 

Charlotte is a maze of road construction so it took some doing to get there. 

Finally I arrived, paid my $2 and went hunting. I had to go to 4 different s10s to get the front seatbelts. Unfortunately all the back belts had been cut. 

I needed my flashlight and it wasn't in my pocket. So I had to backtrack through all the cars and trucks till I found where I dropped it. 

I found this hilarious Caddy

IMG_20160102_151344070.jpg IMG_20160102_151335019_HDR.jpg

Once I had the belts I made my way to the checkout - only to remember I needed a transmission dipstick for Spooky. SO I went back through all the vehicles. The very last truck in the yard (all the way in the back) I found one. Then I made the trek back to pay. $36 later and I was off. 

After running the gauntlet back to I-85 I made my way to Harbor Freight.

I saw Spiderman on my way

IMG_20160102_160454264.jpg

They had a floor jack on sale. I needed a new one. Mine only pumps on the very last 1/2 inch. Takes forever to jack up a vehicle. I grabbed another free tarp while I was there. You can never have enough tarps. 

Finally I made my way home. I barely as able to get out of the truck. All of me hurts. 

Steph has gone nuts house cleaning. She is at the stage where it looks worse than when she started. I may have to go hide in the shop.

Her new phone came in today so I am transferring all the stuff off her old one now. 

Edited by UncleWillie, January 02, 2016 - 06:01 PM.

• olcowhand, wvbuzzmaster, Craig. and 2 others have said thanks

#3418 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,742 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted January 03, 2016 - 03:07 PM

I may have done a bit too much yesterday.

Last night I tossed and turned and turned and tossed, and dozed fitfully in between.

As the sun finally shone through the window I managed to get a good 3 hours of sleep. 

painful.jpg

My plans had been to go out and work on Spooky. The complaints and aches from my battered carcass declared otherwise. That and the fact that I have only one pair of work pants that has not been shrunken beyond my ability to squeeze my svelte self into, or has not been shredded by crawling around on sharp metal, and they are in the washer. 38 degrees is a bit to cool for shorts with arthritic knees.

I decided instead to watch the Sunday westerns on H&I tv. Paladin has done his part to tame the west, now Cheyenne Bodie is wooing his way across the frontier.

Walmart has a sale on their blankets today. Heath stole Steph's blanket (the little monkey drags a queen sized blanket around the house). So she went to investigate the possibility of having her own. She is also going to procure a couple of pairs of pants for me.

I gave Heath $2 to buy whatever. He will either come back with candy, a Thomas the Tank Engine, or a Matchbox car. I will update when I find out.

Gunner has decided that he wants to be outside, or inside, or outside, or inside, or... well you get the idea.

UPDATE: Heath fooled us all. He got a Lunchable.

temp.jpg

Edited by UncleWillie, January 03, 2016 - 04:10 PM.

• olcowhand, MH81, wvbuzzmaster and 3 others have said thanks

#3419 larrybl ONLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 415
  • 4,943 Thanks
  • 3,322 posts

Posted January 03, 2016 - 06:06 PM

I may be feeling like you tomorrow. Wife want's some holes dug to plant the trees she bought. I have one almost 1/2 way there, three more to go. The Rock to dirt ratio is ridicules here. The rock breaker bar has my bod hurting now, Wish I could skip tomorrow morning.

Attached Thumbnails

• P1140846.JPG
  • P1140847.JPG
  • P1140848.JPG

• MH81, Alc, Craig. and 1 other said thanks

#3420 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,414 Thanks
  • 39,663 posts

Posted January 03, 2016 - 06:13 PM

I may be feeling like you tomorrow. Wife want's some holes dug to plant the trees she bought. I have one almost 1/2 way there, three more to go. The Rock to dirt ratio is ridicules here. The rock breaker bar has my bod hurting now, Wish I could skip tomorrow morning.

Larry, just give up and call it a rock farm!

• Craig. said thank you