wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted December 22, 2015 - 12:11 AM

Another long day. 

This morning Heath and I hit the ground running. 

I needed a large coffee. 

fr6.jpg

We shot thru BoJangle's to get breakfast. After checking the nav computer to make sure we didn't fly through a star, I engaged ludicrous speed, set a course for the third star to the left, turned the accelerator up to 11 and we got going. (+1 internet to those who get all the references.)

We shot up to Mt Pleasant to pick up a cyclops

fr7.jpg

THen we headed to Northern Tool. I had to snag a pin for the tow bar for Christine and an air pressure gauge to leave in her. Heath found a little Jeep with a trailer and a 4 wheeler. 

fr8.jpg

And we headed home, much slower than the trip up there. 

Here is what I went to get. 

fr9.jpg

18 HP briggs and perfect wheel weights $150. Deck is good. I should be able to make a good return on it. Weights are going on the Falcon. 

We were home for about % min when a guy contacted me about a part off the Hyundai Tiburon (that is still on the tow dolly). I gave him an address and he said he was on his way. 

Steph called and said she and a friend were coming over and then we were going to see the Christmas lights at the race track. 

After the guy left with his parts I got in the shower. Steph and Anna got there before I got out. I got dressed and we headed out. 

Steph has wanted to eat at Ghengis Grill for a long time. Since we had to go right past it we went there for supper. (I think we are done eating out for a while.)

Heath added a snorkel to his Jeep and towed a race car.

fr5.jpg

After we were sufficiently stuffed we headed up to Concord. The lights were pretty neat. 

Heath got to drive - on a racetrack none the less. I wanted to speed to see if I could get tossed out of a racetrack for going to fast. Steph wouldn't let me. No fun. 

fr1.jpg

fr3.jpg

fr4.jpg

fr2.jpg

After we saw the lights, petted the animals at the petting zoo, everyone but me got a pic with Santa, and we turned up our noses at $3 for a small cup of hot chocolate we headed home. 

We had to stop for gas, the $15 gallon tank held 15.99 gallons. 

Heath did not pee his pants one time today. He held it till we got to a bathroom every time. I am proud of him. 

• olcowhand, TheFarm2004, MH81 and 5 others have said thanks

#3392 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,461 Thanks
  • 39,690 posts

Posted December 22, 2015 - 05:16 AM

Way to go, Heath!

Good score on the mower! Sounds like a busy day!

#3393 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,300 Thanks
  • 28,626 posts

Posted December 22, 2015 - 07:34 AM

Sounds like a nice day Willie. Cherish them, he's growing like a weed.

...did not pee his pants one time today. He held it till we got to a bathroom every time. I am proud of him.

Pretty soon, Heath will be saying things like that about you. :rolling:
  • HDWildBill, Jack, UncleWillie and 1 other said thanks

#3394 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,648 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted December 22, 2015 - 07:58 AM

One tank got filled up, the other emptied without incident.  That's a good day!

• MH81 and Craig. have said thanks

#3395 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,709 Thanks
  • 8,563 posts

Posted December 22, 2015 - 11:56 AM

Pretty soon Heath is going to tell you to move over while he gets in the drivers seat by him self!

• Craig. said thank you

#3396 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted December 23, 2015 - 06:49 PM

I'm dreaming of a non raining Christmas.

holiday-coffee.jpg

Today it has rained since yesterday.

So we did nothing. Heath had his speech therapy today and that went well. Steph is home so she got to sit in on it. I watched the first 3 ( Episode 1, 2, 3) Star Wars. I had not seen them. 

Brown Santa came and brought my present to myself.

deer.jpg

Peep sights for my 925. Look out wabbit. 

After I installed the sights I took a few shots out back it needs to be dialed in a bit more.  raining too much to be out with it. 

About halfway through Episode 2 I had to get up and do something. I went outside. 

Spooky was sitting outside the tent still from when I worked on Graham's car. So I rolled it back in. 

Then I pulled Christine (Sailed???) over to the unloading ditch (hard to explain but a narrow ditch runs the length of my property to drain the front yard kinda sorta). After unstrapping the Lowe's I pushed it off. 

Christine was sunk. At first I wondered if I could get her out without help then I had a thought. I let the Lowe's roll against the back bumper. When I let off the brake it pushed me out of the ditch. That is a heavy tractor for an MTD.

It started to rain again so I sloshed back inside. 

• olcowhand, wvbuzzmaster, Craig. and 1 other said thanks

#3397 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,461 Thanks
  • 39,690 posts

Posted December 23, 2015 - 07:10 PM

I'll have that all weekend here! So I'll be sloshing around with you!

#3398 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,080 posts

Posted December 23, 2015 - 07:26 PM

That's a tough looking tractor for an mtd!

Some of the older mtds are tough though.

#3399 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted December 23, 2015 - 11:58 PM

That's a tough looking tractor for an mtd!
Some of the older mtds are tough though.

I would bet it weighs 650 to 700 pounds.
  • KennyP said thank you

#3400 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,461 Thanks
  • 39,690 posts

Posted December 24, 2015 - 05:41 AM

Does it run?

#3401 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• Member No: 1842
  • 883 Thanks
  • 765 posts

Posted December 25, 2015 - 03:07 PM

Uncle Willy Marry Christmas to you and your family!

#3402 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted December 26, 2015 - 05:40 PM

Merry freaking Christmas. 

Well actually Christmas was great. Heath got millions of matchbox cars, trains, and dinosaurs. I got house slippers and whiskey.  Steph is getting new rabbit hutches when the weather cooperates. 

Then this morning she left to go shopping. I have been telling her not to go nuts spending in case something happens. 

I should start a career in fortune telling. 

mud.jpg

I had a guy come this morning to pull some parts off the Hyundai Tiburon. He wanted a piece that was on the bottom on the engine ( that was laying in the back of the car). He said we had to lift it. I told him no. I fired up the Falcon and brought the crane over. He thought that was great. He worked for about 30 minutes on one bolt on the shift linkages. I did the second one and got it off in 10 minutes. There was no way to reach it. He handed me cash and went on his way. He drove 4 hours to get the parts. 

I got in the shower to clean up to go shopping with Steph. When I got out I was hurting. My hand was in agony. So I told her to go by herself. 

20 minutes later I got a call. The transmission in CherryBerry lost all forward gears. I told her to call roadside assistance. I got dressed and went out to move some things around. 

I backed CHristine over to the big green trailer and dropped the pintle over the hitch ball.  As soon as I let the brake off the whole thing slid backwards into the mud. It was a swamp. I couldn't even stand up next to the truck. 

So I called Graham over. We tried to pull it out with the Hemorrhoid. 

Of course being the Hemorrhoid it decided that it didn't want to pull. Every time Graham let off the brake it tried to die.  The brake safety was FUBAR. I pulled the plug and it worked.

He tried to pull me out with it but I was in too deep. I had to call in reinforcements. I called Tim and he brought his 4wd Ford up. It didn't take but a few seconds to get it out. Although his truck was trying to spin in the mud. 

So finally trailer came out of the swamp. 

Why was I moving the trailer, because I don't want to pull the transmission out of CHerryBerry in the mud. Also less bending when the patient is up on the trailer. 

I used the Hemorrhoid to move the gantry crane out of the way. Then I pulled the trailer over. I did tell Graham not to shut the Hemorrhoid down till I got the truck out of the yard. 

Once Christine was up on terra much firmer Graham went home. Heath and I hung out in the yard. 

At one point I looked up and found him standing on the trailer load of scrap. I don't know how the kid doesn't get hurt. 

The tow truck driver arrived and asked where I wanted it. I told him on the trailer if possible. He backed it in and sunk. Fortunately he got back far enough to unload the truck on the trailer. Then he used the stinger to push the truck out. He kept apologizing for messing up the yard. I just laughed. He finally got the truck to move and it was still spinning. I told him to steer for the driveway and as soon as it hit gravel it was gone. 

Steph left to run to Walmart to get the biggest tarp they have. It is supposed to rain all day tomorrow and that transmission has to come out. 

Tomorrow we get to do just that. Then Monday I am off on a super secret (at least I think it is) run to Mexico.

• olcowhand, MH81, wvbuzzmaster and 3 others have said thanks

#3403 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,080 posts

Posted December 26, 2015 - 08:40 PM

It seems that the world knows when you get some extra cash saved up or you are happy with your cash flow. Something always comes up!
  • Craig. and UncleWillie have said thanks

#3404 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,300 Thanks
  • 28,626 posts

Posted December 26, 2015 - 11:23 PM

Hope the tranny comes out ok.
Any guesses on why she quit?
  • Craig. and UncleWillie have said thanks

#3405 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted December 27, 2015 - 08:53 AM

It has had a problem since we got it where it hadto be manually shifted into 3 and 4. I have been telling her to be easy with it, but every morning when she leaves I hear her shift it into 3 before it is ready and it just slips. I guess it finally got tired of it.
  • Craig. said thank you