Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

The Adventures Of My New Hat

• Please log in to reply
4314 replies to this topic

#3376 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,710 Thanks
  • 8,563 posts

Posted December 13, 2015 - 06:19 PM

Congratulations Steph!  That was a hard Road but not that you are at the end we are all proud of you.  Our Daughter is doing the same thing working on her degree.

#3377 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted December 13, 2015 - 06:22 PM

Tell Steph congrats from us!  :dancingbanana:   That's a great accomplishment, especially being she has had plenty of things to tend to (you & Heath) at the same time.  I'd have a hard time going back to school!  

• Craig. said thank you

#3378 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,731 Thanks
  • 4,287 posts

Posted December 13, 2015 - 11:30 PM

Congrats Steph. Glad to hear you did it!  :thumbs:   :dancingbanana:  :dancingbanana:

#3379 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• Member No: 1842
  • 883 Thanks
  • 765 posts

Posted December 14, 2015 - 09:43 AM

Congratulations Steph! Vary Nice work!

#3380 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,082 posts

Posted December 14, 2015 - 09:49 AM

Congrats to Steph!  Quite the accomplishment!  I couldn't imagine trying to manage you and Heath plus go to college and graduate with honors.  She must be an incredible woman.

• Craig. said thank you

#3381 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,761 Thanks
  • 7,703 posts

Posted December 17, 2015 - 02:23 PM

Finally got a chance to sit down and type this. 

Not sure if I mentioned (and I am too lazy to go look) Graham and I tore his Kia Spectra apart to try and find out why the oil had gas in it. Not knowing how the intake is made we pulled it off to see if there was a passage the fuel could be getting in. There wasn't. The PVC was dirty but not completely stuck. There is nothing online about the problem so we decided to get new gaskets and PVC and put it all back together. It had to wait till we got back from Steph's graduation though. 

food-drink-coffee_machine-vending_machines-caffeine_supplies-repair_jobs-coffee-68137341_low.jpg

On Monday I was in recovery mode. My shin splints were agony. 

Grahams fiance had asked me if I could take her to the hair dresser on Tuesday because Graham was driving her car. I told her no problem Steph could take Christine and we would cruise around in CherryBerry. Grahams mamma decided that she would take her so Steph drove CB to work.

Early Tuesday morning I got a call from Jenni that Grahams mom had a wreck (she wasn't hurt - her car was though) and wanted to know if I could take her. So Heath and I got up and threw on clothes. Then we all three crammed in Christine and rode to town. 

I had no idea how long she would be there so Heath and I came home and hung out. 

I hours later I got a call that she was done. I think they treated each hair individually. 

When we got back Graham was home. So I left Heath with Jenni and Graham and I headed down to get parts. We had to order the intake gasket so we had to wait to work on it. 

When we got back Steph was home and we ate dinner at Graham and Jenni's then spent the evening goofing off there. 

Wednesday Heath and I did very little during the day. About 3pm we went down to Autozone and got the intake gasket.

Graham got home just as we were pulling in. 

It took us about 3 hours to reassemble everything. I knew we had dropped some nuts in the drained motor oil. I kept telling him there were more nuts in it. He kept saying there were not. So we went over to the Hyundai that is still in the yard and stole a couple of them.

HE took it for a test drive and it worked. No leaks. It will be a while before we can tell if gas is still getting in. 

I got a cool pattern cool pattern carved on my arm working on it.

kiascar.jpg

About 7 or so Steph and I had a laundry folding party. There were 5 baskets full of clean stuff that we had not been able to get put away. With both of us it took about an hour to get it all. 

Today Heath had his Speech Therapy at 1230. We didn't do anything before it but goof off and watch the pouring rain.

• olcowhand, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#3382 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted December 17, 2015 - 03:31 PM

Been wondering where you've been!  If you had some tattoo ink when those were fresh, you could have rubbed it in & kept that pattern!  :D

• KennyP and UncleWillie have said thanks

#3383 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,482 Thanks
  • 39,716 posts

Posted December 17, 2015 - 04:44 PM

Sounds like you've been busy!

• UncleWillie said thank you

#3384 backwoods OFFLINE  

backwoods
  • Member No: 8613
  • 2,060 Thanks
  • 2,434 posts

Posted December 19, 2015 - 08:23 AM

Wow congrats to steph on graduating, what kind of mattress was it?? Lol. You have been busy hope your feeling better an can walk easier after all your running but I guess your good on excirsise for(don't mind the spelling sometimes my phone can't even help me) awhile, an it sounds like heath had a good time other then landing on the floor.

#3385 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,761 Thanks
  • 7,703 posts

Posted December 19, 2015 - 01:09 PM

Yesterday was a great day.

On

Thursday we didn't do much. Graham brought me his .22LR Remington rifle that he took apart and couldn't get back together. I got it all figured out, but he is missing one little piece. I ordered it for all of $11. When it gets here I am going to get that rabbit.

Heath let me sleep a bit. then we got up Had pb&j.

food-drink-coffee_machine-caffeine-vending_machines-builders-coffee-68138853_low.jpg

After speed racer we had his seech therapy. He actually talked to her. As a matter of fact he wouldn't shut up long enough for her to talk.

Once that was done we goofed off. Heath was well behaved - Gunner even behaved.

Steph texted me that she got her first paycheck and it was more than she thought so she was taking us out for steak. I didn't argue.

I did some research on peep sights for my Marlin 925. I can get a set for $75. I will order a set. This scope that is on it must have cost the guy $4. I finally figured out that it changes the point of aim every time you fire. Heath thinks it is a great toy now.

After Heath and I had showered we all headed down to Gastonia. We finally landed at Longhorn Steakhouse. They were packed so we got a pager and they said we could go about anywhere in the shopping center and it would work. SO we went to Dick's sporting goods.

She has wanted a bow and arrow for a long time. She got a cheap one to start with just to learn how it worked and to see if she really liked it. She only got two arrows so she should have fun chasing them down. She got a target too.

Then we went back to the truck and watched Netflix a while. Finally we got paged.

Dinner was good.

Then she wanted to go to a couple of different stores. Micheal's, Walmart, Gander Mountain (I got some gun cleaning stuff she got a rechargable flashlight to take out to feed the animals).

We heaaded home and watched Chuggington then Heath went to bed. We went a little bit later.

We all slept in this morning.

Now Steph is baking a cake for Graham and Jenni's wedding party. I am out in the shop. I cleaned my .22 Mag rifle. I am doing nothing the rest of the day. Tomorrow we have the wedding party.

• olcowhand, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#3386 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted December 19, 2015 - 01:17 PM

I told ya once he got those lips flappin he'd not stop!  :smilewink:   Good to hear!

• KennyP and UncleWillie have said thanks

#3387 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,482 Thanks
  • 39,716 posts

Posted December 19, 2015 - 01:50 PM

I told ya once he got those lips flappin he'd not stop!  :smilewink:   Good to hear!

Glad he is talking her leg off!

#3388 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,761 Thanks
  • 7,703 posts

Posted December 19, 2015 - 02:01 PM

I told Steph the therapy was a waste of time. She insisted though.

• KennyP said thank you

#3389 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,082 posts

Posted December 19, 2015 - 02:07 PM

The therapist is probably patting herself on the back that heath is such a great success!
  • KennyP said thank you

#3390 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted December 19, 2015 - 02:33 PM

Heath wasn't gonna talk to her till she earned his trust and not a minute sooner. She finally earned it!
  • HDWildBill said thank you