Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

The Adventures Of My New Hat

• Please log in to reply
4306 replies to this topic

#3361 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,700 Thanks
  • 8,555 posts

Posted December 04, 2015 - 11:18 AM

Just give the gun to Steph,  She'll get the little wasskle.

• olcowhand and KennyP have said thanks

#3362 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,742 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted December 05, 2015 - 06:05 PM

Take 2. COmputer decided to shut off after I had it typed the first time.

WOOHOO we left Crouse.

Whiel Heath and I were doing nothing I got a call about a car I couldn't pass up. A 2001 Hyundai Tiburon for $100. So after we were both properly attired we headed off.

We stopped at Quik Trip for Gas, air in one tire, and food. Heath got a Lunchable, I got crackers and
supercoffee.jpg
Then we sallied forth into the fray. We were headed north on 85. South bound was a parking lot for reasons unknown.

When we go to the garage I gave Heath my phone to watch videos.

Inside the garage an employee was backing out a nice BMW. A customer came flying into the bay in another BMW. They almost met. The customer backed out and then parked in front of the Hyundai. I told him I was taking that car and he said, "Good luck" and walked off. I nearly kicked his car out of gear and let it roll off. Fortunately for him the shop owner came out and moved it.

The lot was all down hill so once my too long self was firmly ensconced in the drivers seat they gave me a push and I was off. It rolled right up on the dolly. Strapping it down was a bit painful though.

Once we were strapped down I started out. Christine did her best impression of an NHRA dragster leaving the wet parking lot. Once I hit dry ground we were good.
IMG_20151204_162432430.jpg
I took lots of back roads which turned a regular 30 minute drive in to a hour and a half. Better than stop and go traffic in an overloaded truck.

The only problem I had was turning around in the yard where the car pushed Christine sideways through the mud. I got it parked though.
IMG_20151205_135638598.jpg
I think Steph pounded me in the back with a fireaxe while I slept.

This morning she and Heath went off to a Christmas play at the school she will be working at. I stayed home and opened the windows and doors and smoked cigars.

Tomorrow we are headed up to Don's (Drbish) house to get some junk. I will stop at the new cigar shop while we are up there.

For now Gunner and I are watching TV. Somehow he has it in his mind that he is a lap dog. At least my lap is warm.

Anyone need a Hyundai part? http://hickory.craig...5346877393.html

Edited by UncleWillie, December 05, 2015 - 08:25 PM.

• olcowhand, MH81, wvbuzzmaster and 2 others have said thanks

#3363 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,415 Thanks
  • 39,663 posts

Posted December 05, 2015 - 06:19 PM

Sounds like a fun day!

• Craig. said thank you

#3364 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,742 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted December 07, 2015 - 02:42 PM

Yesterday we went to see DrBish.

After a rather late night of watching train videos with Heath we were a bit slow getting moving. 

tiremug.PNG

We went out to hook up the trailer to CherryBerry and found out that the hitch on the truck was a 1 7/8 with a small shank the trailer is a 2 inch. We looked through everything. Everything I had was 1 7/8 or had a big shank. So no love there. I even called a friend and asked if he had one. Nope. So I made an executive decision. The trailer will ride just fine empty on a 17/8 ball so we hooked it up and left for the discount store. Once a ball had been procured and installed we were off.

All the way to a KFC. We stocked up on food and headed off. I think Heath was starving because he was stuffing popcorn chicken in his mouth as fast as he could. Unfortunately for me the Sierra Mist I got was all carbonated water. We were too far down the road to take it back so I had Steph call and tell them.

We drove on and I had a massive brain fart. We came to a sign that said Welcome to Troutman. I knew we went too far. So we contacted Don and he set us straight. 

Immediately upon Heaths exiting the truck Don began to spoil him. He gave the little monster an ice cream sandwich. 

When we started loading Heath started putting a tricycle on board. Don though it was pretty funny. 

When we started loading I realized we had no straps. They were all in Christine. Fortunately Don had Just enough of them for us to tie things down. 

IMG_20151207_140216823.jpg

IMG_20151207_140228441.jpg

IMG_20151207_140239280.jpg

IMG_20151207_140206307.jpg

We even got one brand new tire. 

IMG_20151207_140249201.jpg

Then we ran by the new JR Cigar. When I got out I noticed the drivers side tire on the trailer was about flat. We went on in the store. Man their prices are higher than the old store was. The gal who worked there told Heath he could have one of the empty cigar boxes. You would have thought he got a block of solid gold. 

We left and went on the hunt for air. As we pulled out of the shopping center a fire truck made a u turn and went into Sonny's BBQ. We could see the employees all gathered around in the parking lot. A couple of ambulances were close behind. 

We got air and headed back. The EMS crews had someone on the ground hooked up to machines. No clue what happened, but it was serious.

I needed a new flashlight so we went to Gander mountain and snagged one. We also got a couple of drinks and some M&Ms. 

We took our time getting home.

As soon as we got inside Heath fired up Speed Racer and he and I sat and watched it while Steph cooked pork chops. 

Gunner thinks he is now a lap dog.

IMG_20151205_181235414.jpg

Today Steph starts her new job. She was nervous last night.

I have my disability review today. Since Jenni was going to keep Heath today and she is still very weak I am going to have to take him with me. No one else is  available at the last minute. I had a sitter when the doc was not there so she will just have to put up with Heath. I will give him my phone and some cars and he will not cause a problem at all. 

Edited by UncleWillie, December 07, 2015 - 02:45 PM.

#3365 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,415 Thanks
  • 39,663 posts

Posted December 07, 2015 - 05:55 PM

That sounds like an interesting day! Gunner looks lonely there! That's quite the load on the trailer! Hope the Dr's visit went well!

• Craig. said thank you

#3366 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,605 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted December 07, 2015 - 06:14 PM

I hope your review went to your benefit.  You are deserving of it.  Lord knows you're not lazy and want to work!

• Craig. said thank you

#3367 larrybl OFFLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 415
  • 4,943 Thanks
  • 3,322 posts

Posted December 07, 2015 - 06:57 PM

Lets see, I could use a tiller or two, nice score on the tires, and I think I remember that vertical rider from somewhere.

Attached Thumbnails

• Done right.JPG
  • frame under2.JPG

• Craig. said thank you

#3368 drbish ONLINE  

drbish

Collecter

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2544
  • 1,158 Thanks
  • 1,161 posts

Posted December 08, 2015 - 05:29 PM

I think you lost a couple pieces,I dont see that engine shroud  for a wisconsin,you might have to retrace to see if you can find it

#3369 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,742 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted December 08, 2015 - 08:19 PM

I didnt see anything fly off

#3370 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,742 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted December 10, 2015 - 10:05 PM

sooo tired

On my tablet so no pics. Feel free to ad your favorite coffee pic.

coffee7.jpg

Yeaterday I got a call early from a friend whose stove caught on fire. He asked if I had a stove for sale. I did,he said he would come look at it later.

Later Heath and I headed out to load up for a dump run. Before we could get in the truck I got a call. Graham had sliced his finger open. I grabbed my first aid kit and headed over. He sliced it good ac3oss the top of his knuckle. I tried to super glue it. Couldn't stop the bleeding. Decided to take him to er. Left Heath with Jeni.

Doc said I did as good a Super glue job as ahe had ever seen. We spent the rest of the day at thier house goofing off.

Today Heath and I had a great day. We had a pb&j for breakfast. Then went outside and goofed off a while. I got the string mower started to run it dry (it took it over an hour). Loaded up the garbage on Christine. Heath had his speech therapy appt. After that we went to the dump. Then went to see Buddy for a few minutes. Headed home. Stopped to tow a full size 2000ish Chevy up a hill to get it off the road. Whacked his fuel tank with a hammer and it started right up. Came home and fixed a humane trap I borrowed fom Buddy to hopefully catch the escaped rabbit. Got the tractors running. Michael Graham Denton brought his car over. We moved the gantey crane and Spooky out of the way. Put his car in the tent building. Snatched the intake off it. Finally called it a day. We were not inside for more than an hour all day we will both sleep good tonight

Edited by olcowhand, December 11, 2015 - 07:52 AM.

#3371 larrybl OFFLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 415
  • 4,943 Thanks
  • 3,322 posts

Posted December 10, 2015 - 10:18 PM

I don't know how you do it. I have to pick one task and keep at it till completion. If a second task pops in the middle of the first, then I have to prioritize. Which ever task gets prioritized, the loosing task is usually forgot about until I needed it done first.

• Craig. said thank you

#3372 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,742 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted December 13, 2015 - 02:00 PM

Whew. Finally home. (Warning a long one)

Thursday we borrowed a humane trap to see if that was a more effective way to snag the rabbit. It needed some repair so Heath sat in side it to kit the trip plate while I tried to get it all adjusted. He thought it was great. 

IMG_20151210_162427215.jpg

Steph graduated this weekend. Her mom rented a cabin in Boone close to the campus. 

Mountain-Top-Coffee-Shop.jpg

Steph had to work so we planned to meet her at a Krispy Kreme in Hickory and then follow her over to a friends house to leave Christine and then head out. Heath had his speech therapy at 1 so I was home till then. After his lesson we had a couple of hours to kill so we started watching car videos. Next thing I knew it was 4. Oops. I had to get the animals taken care of before we left. Then hurriedly got Heath  dressed and threw all the stuff into the truck and we headed out. We got there 5 minutes after she did. Once Christine was bedded down. We went to Boone. 

THere is not much of a straight stretch of road anywhere near Boone and it was pitch black so it was a bit taxing to drive up there. Her mom wanted us to pick up some pizza so we placed an order and then ran by Walmart for something to drink and then back for the pizza. 

When we got to the gated community (odd for a rental cabin) we couldn't find the key pad to put the code in. It turned out that it was down the road about 100 feet by the mailboxes. 

When we got there immediately her mom started up. We had to be quiet because there was a guy living in the basement of the cabin (also weird) I told her that Heath had been cooped up in the truck for 3 hours. There was no way to keep him quiet. Then she had the genius idea to give him a battery operated train set. No quiet anywhere after that. 

We finally all got to bed. Heath was unsure of what to do since he wasn't in his bedroom. He got on the bed with us and off about a million times. 

The next morning I woke up and my back did not hurt. I wondered if anyone would notice if I stole the mattress. 

We were supposed to be at the college by 9 and walk at 10. There was a meet and greet so we left early. At 820 we got there. 

The bookstore was supposed to be open at 9 so she could get her cap and gown. Heath went with grandma and a friend to the auditorium and Steph and I went to the bookstore. 

There is no way to drive anywhere on the campus. You are on foot. So we hiked over and waited. A bunch of other students were there having been told it would open at 9 as well. At 9 it did not open. She called a friend who was graduating and they told her there were supposed to be extra cap and gowns at the auditorium. It was confirmed by a school employee so we hiked the mile to the auditorium. 

She went to the back and I went inside carrying her jacket and purse. Before I could find her mom and sit down I got a call on a number I didn't recognize. It was Steph. There were no cap and gowns there. She was told the bookstore would be open now so I hurriedly hiked back over. IT was no open. IT was about 935. I called the number she had called me on and it turned out to be someone in the schools administration. She said the store was supposed to be open and she would see what she could do.

We waited. And waited. And waited some more. About 50 people had arrived in the mean time - all having been told it would open at 9.  And then it opened At 10. I ran in grabbed the cap and gown and ran the mile back to her. On the sidewalk I ripped the bag open and we got her dressed then she ran as fast as her little legs could carry her back to the entrance she was supposed to go in. 

I had to hike up a mountain of stairs. I was nearly dead by the time I got in. 

After the national anthem I found her mom and collapsed into a seat next to Heath wondering if I needed an ambulance. I am not built for a 3 mile hike and a 1 mile run.

Then, after too many boring speeches,  I got to watch her walk across the stage on the overhead screen - in green tint. You would think a school that is known for their media programs would have the right color on the over head. It only took her 9 years to get a 4 year degree. But she finished. If I had not been about to have a stroke I would have busted with pride. 

When the faculty was dismissed Heath announced that his bladder was full so he had to run out. 

We came back in as the students were coming out and he gave everyone a high five. I couldn't lift my arms. 

IN the tangled mob in the entryway we managed to find her. Then we found her mom and friend. Then we made our way outside. 

Steph had a childhood friend who was there. I knew that because I had talked to her on her phone - right before it died. SO I had no way to tell her where we were. Steph went back inside to search while we waited out front. Claire found me. She said I stood out in the crowd. I have no idea what she meant. LOL. 

Her mom wanted to go out to eat at a Hibachi grill place. She and her friend left. I had to stand still for pictures. Then we headed off to our vehicles. 

I was smart enough to take back roads and got there first. 

Her mom wanted us to go in and get a table since it was filling up fast. I went in. The snotty ***** at the front asked how many were in the party. I said 6. She snapped, "Well. when they get here come in." Now I am not a purveyor of fine dining so I had never heard of this policy before. I asked if we could not sit and wait. She snapped again,"NO!" and walked off. I had to walk outside to resist the urge to slap her. 

I went back outside and told Steph.

IMG_20151212_123851233.jpg We waited about 5 minutes then her mom got there. We told her about the policy and she asked Steph where she wanted to eat. Steph said Cracker Barrel. I never loved her so much. As we stood there Claire finally arrived. 

Claire left her van and rode with us. 

After stuffing ourselves with good food without a snotty ***** glaring at us, the girls all decided they were going shopping. Heath and I decided we weren't. We took Claire back to her van and Steph went with her. 

Heath passed out before we got out of the parking lot. 

IMG_20151212_142621055.jpg

We got back to the cabin and soon realized that we had no key. I called Steph. She told me to meet them at the bottom of the hill. I informed her that Boon was nothing but a bunch of hills and she would need to pick one. Once we worked that detail out we headed off. Heath never woke up. 

Once I had the key I decided I needed coffee and a cigar. We got coffee at a gas station. I woke Heath up and he staggered in behind me. After I got back out to the truck with the coffee, a Milky Way Dark (for me), M&Ms for Heath, and Heath I realized I didn't get him a drink. We went back in. He got an orange soda and I gave him a $5 bill. Poor kid was so tired he just walked up to the cashier and stood there looking at her. 

Then we found a little shop that had a very small selection of smokes and snagged a couple. 

If nothing else the drive was beautiful.

IMG_20151212_142949423.jpg IMG_20151212_142952499.jpg IMG_20151212_142956859.jpg IMG_20151212_143001942.jpg

Back at the cabin he was over joyed to be released. He was so well behaved through the whole graduation and lunch. He went bonkers for about an hour. Then he grabbed the big bag of chips and his soda and sat to watch cartoons. 

IMG_20151212_183338134_HDR.jpg

I sat on the deck and smoked a cigar.

I did get to talk to the basement dweller about his truck.

IMG_20151212_162223148.jpg

They finally got back at around 8. Her mom had bought Heath a set of 9 Thomas the Tank Engine toys that were thankfully much quieter than the unusually noisy Chinese train set. The Chinese set went back in its box. 

After supper I went to the bedroom and left Steph and Heath to socialize - safer that way. 

At bedtime Heath did his in and out routine until he fell asleep on the bed next to Steph. At some unknown time in the night we were awakened by a thump and a scream. He fell off on the hardwood floor. We got him calmed down and say no permanent damage so we put him between us and he went back to sleep holding my hand.

At 6 this morning her mom and friend got up. Her mom talked non stop till we got up at 9. By got up I mean Steph and Heath. I laid there a while and enjoyed the mattress. 

When I finally got up I realized I had shin splints. Took me a while to get in the shower.

When I got out I heard a vacuum running. Her super anal mom was cleaning the cabin before she left.  Her friend was telling her they needed to work since they both had to work the next day. They have a 6 hour drive to VA.

They finally left at 10. We took our time getting things packed up. Well, Steph did. I could barely walk. 

When all was packed up we were one Thomas short. We searched the house. We searched the luggage. We couldn't find it. 

We pulled the sheets off the bed and I took a picture of the name tag. I will have to search for that mattress. 

As I went to lock the sliding door I stepped on a lump in the rug. I flipped the rug up and found Thomas.

After we were all strapped in we headed down the mountain. 

We swung into Waffle House and filled up. 

I dropped Heath and Steph off at Christine and they went shopping. I can't believe she didn't get enough of that yesterday.

I came home. Gunner nearly exploded when he saw me. I let him out of the pen and he went ballistic around the yard. He is sleeping on my feet right now. I doubt he will let me out of his sight till some time tomorrow. 

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_20151210_162427215.jpg

#3373 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,742 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted December 13, 2015 - 02:20 PM

BTW she Graduated Cum Laude. I am proud. 

Here is the green screen.

ste1.jpg

And her group. No one over 5'5" was allowed in

ste2.jpg

• MH81, wvbuzzmaster, Craig. and 1 other said thanks

#3374 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,415 Thanks
  • 39,663 posts

Posted December 13, 2015 - 02:50 PM

Congrats, Steph! Sounds like quite the trip!

• Craig. said thank you

#3375 camdigger ONLINE  

camdigger
  • Member No: 70250
  • 678 Thanks
  • 234 posts

Posted December 13, 2015 - 06:10 PM

Congratulations to the new Graduate!

From what little I've read, it has been quite a haul. You both should be proud.

Edited by camdigger, December 13, 2015 - 06:11 PM.